View Full Version : [Brainport] Pokerbot - revised

Syntax-Error
27-08-03, 14:52
Well after long talks with Laemin we have deviced a new pokerbot

It would work like this

1) It would be in only fixed places Eg TH2 , plaza1

2) They would charge 25k per poke

3) Would have a TL limit of 90 (no MC5)

4) it would have a % chance of causeing 15% dmg to the chip.

THis "should" make it a last resort and not a regular thing. please post below. and vote above

Itth
27-08-03, 15:07
lets put a tl 200 constructer bot and a tl200 reseaerch bot so we dont need trade skillers at all...:rolleyes:

xkorpio
27-08-03, 15:15
I like your idea, but 25k is a lot

Maybe TL x 1000 would be better, so higher implants, higher runners, pay much more

the % of damaging the implant... mmm... well, not a 15% of damage, maybe a random number between 1-10% would be better

Archeus
27-08-03, 15:28
No.

Why not just pay 20k for a poke to players. You wouldn't have a problem getting a TL115 poke ever, and no chip damage.

The problem is with the customers as to why no one pokes that often (although TBH I have no problems finding a poker).

[TgR]KILLER
27-08-03, 15:34
i'll be poking TL 115 soon.. so just come and see meh.. altru non tippers won't get poked again ^^

Sleawer
27-08-03, 15:35
This is in test server only or in retail?

Syntax-Error
27-08-03, 16:38
This is a retail server idea me and leamin came up with.

Sleawer
27-08-03, 16:46
Then some points are good:

- Stablish npc fees so player pokers can offer their services a bit cheaper, and make a good profit (15k poke).
- When there is shortage of pokers, you are not 2 hours waiting in plaza. Less timesink.

and others are bad:

- It harms the player interaction of the game; we can play the game each time less dependant of Player Characters.
- It harms the implant medic profession; players do not need pokers except for MC-5 chips, which are very rare, and always have the option to use a npc.

Probably there are more pro's and con's, I just pointed these two.

Itth
27-08-03, 17:58
i cant belive people are actually considering this..

why kill a trade skill? why? its stupid, it doesnt make any sense, there shouldnt be such a thing as a poker bot ffs

Lucky Sparks
27-08-03, 19:51
thats a wonderful idea.

I wish we had a macro so i could leave the bot on another comp logged in to clan HQ and when anyone said "poke" it would auto poke directly in front of him ... so in the middle of the night when no one is logged on his acct. the clan poker can still hook our peeps up

asherons call had bots like this and it made the game a whole lot better. IMHO

hmmm ... *evil grin starts twisting his moustache*

*starts coding*

Archeus
27-08-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Lucky Sparks
asherons call had bots like this and it made the game a whole lot better. IMHO

hmmm ... *evil grin starts twisting his moustache*

*starts coding*

and gets banned shortly afterwards. :lol:

NC don't allow macro users. They already coded the processor window to make macroing a pain, and someone here who wrote a macro to auto-lom was told to remove it and speak to KK/Odin first (as far as I remember). Seeing as the tool still isn't around, I guess it's not legal.

Bots were a mixed blessing in AC. while portal bots were helpful, buff bots were ok (seemed like a drug, once you got a buffbot you couldn't play without one), but trade bots were a pox on the world.

Tregard
27-08-03, 20:01
I would like to see some variation of this make it to retail for one simple reason....

For those times when you pokers can't be arsed to do some frigging work!:mad:

Archeus
27-08-03, 20:04
Originally posted by Tregard
For those times when you pokers can't be arsed to do some frigging work!:mad:

Then lom your skills to poking then? and quit whining.

Everyone whines that there is no skill in poking except standing around plaza I and pressing a mouse button, but if the people are bored with standing around pressing the mouse button they are suddenly not arsed to do the work. o_O

I might just lom back to poking now just so I can stand around and not be arsed to poke people. :p

Disturbed021
27-08-03, 20:04
With the decline in players on each server I think this is a good Idea.
25k imo is cheap and would actually let pokers work for a hell of a lot more money then they get right now.
Just stand next to the bot and say "why go to a machine to get your pokes for 25k when you can get poked by a human for 15k".

How in the hell would this get ride of a tradeskill? I think it would increase because of the potential for getting higher tips.

Tregard
27-08-03, 20:16
Originally posted by Archeus
Then lom your skills to poking then? and quit whining.

Everyone whines that there is no skill in poking except standing around plaza I and pressing a mouse button, but if the people are bored with standing around pressing the mouse button they are suddenly not arsed to do the work. o_O

I might just lom back to poking now just so I can stand around and not be arsed to poke people. :p

My apologies. I let something here at work get to me just before I saw that post and....well, sorry.

Zu (Pluto)
27-08-03, 20:27
This seems like a good idea. 25k is not too much, but still much more than what we pokers generally get so poking is still worth it. And it means that people aren't completely stuck when there are no pokers about.

You can go play if you can't find a constructor or researcher - you just have to come back later. But without implants you're kinda stuck in a feeble limpy state, so this alleviates that problem and lets people get on with whatever they were doing - having fun. But at 25k a poke, you're better off using your local poker when available.

I'm a poker by trade, poking TL115. I only rarely get TL115 requests though, so I make money on the lower level pokes. I don't see this as an attack on my tradeskill.

Zu

PS. Don't think we should have constructor / researcher bots, but we definately should be able to buy guns/weapons at better quality than they are at the moment - at least Normal if not Good.

Lucky Sparks
27-08-03, 20:33
Originally posted by Archeus
and gets banned shortly afterwards. :lol:

NC don't allow macro users. They already coded the processor window to make macroing a pain, and someone here who wrote a macro to auto-lom was told to remove it and speak to KK/Odin first (as far as I remember). Seeing as the tool still isn't around, I guess it's not legal.

Bots were a mixed blessing in AC. while portal bots were helpful, buff bots were ok (seemed like a drug, once you got a buffbot you couldn't play without one), but trade bots were a pox on the world.

hehe agreed .. but it would be nice. :p

and my trade bot made a ton of cash hehe.. but the clan buffbot was the most addictive and the best espically for new players. I feel KK should take a stand more like turbine did. Turbine saw the game was old sales were down and needed help so they pretty much let the players do what they wanted, this at least kept the old schoolers from getting bored. I dont know just an idea

Disturbed021
27-08-03, 20:34
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)

PS. Don't think we should have constructor / researcher bots, but we definately should be able to buy guns/weapons at better quality than they are at the moment - at least Normal if not Good.

I completely agree. Should not be forced to build the low TL weapons each time you want to upgrade. If you are hunting Plants and small things in the sewers you dont need to get a player built weapon that you will get ride of in a day. Imo it is just fustrating to new ppl in the begginning.

Spoon
27-08-03, 20:34
YAY!!!!!

This sounds great!

Oh, and how about a ConstructBot.....
and a ResearchBot...
and a RepairBot....
and a BarterBot....
and a LootBot...
and a TechPartBot...
and a MC5PartBot...
and a LevelmeUpBot....

:rolleyes:

*EDIT*
and a BuffBot....(sorry Lucky, I couldn't resist...:) )

Archeus
27-08-03, 20:42
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)

You already have, they are called the shop vendors. The point is, if you want to get something quick and easy you can buy in a shop. Granted it's quality varies and price but is still doable.

If you want a better/uber item you need a constructor and researcher (players).

If you were to equate this to a poke bot, then poke bot should only do low level (maybe up to TL40)

Syntax-Error
27-08-03, 21:12
I still dont understand. explain to me why this would get rid of the tradeskill. Ive been a TL 115 poker. and ive been a TL 0 poker. i know the trade (ive been a TL 140 Cst and a TL 130 Reser) so i know the trades fairly well. but i have to say out of all Poking is the easiest, and the cheapest and easily the least rewarding. This bot will take the strain off the need for pokers (the waiting a full 6 hours for a poker before i can fire my gun) and i think the 15% will make sure that it is used as a LAST resort, you want a CST bot. give valid reasons why and maybe you will get it.

Lucky Sparks
27-08-03, 21:55
ooh ooh i want the level me up bot

*raises hand*

Mantus
27-08-03, 22:08
Dont like the idea. Only in the wee hours of the night do i ever have trouble finding a poker. Also as Archeus said, why not just tip the pokers we have good and we will never have trouble finding them.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 22:12
Originally posted by Mantus
Dont like the idea. Only in the wee hours of the night do i ever have trouble finding a poker. Also as Archeus said, why not just tip the pokers we have good and we will never have trouble finding them.

Because "we" are not a collective unit. ;)

2 problems.

1.If some people tip "great" and the majority don't. The people who tip "great" are screwed. What do you want them to do?

2.Some pokers have themselves to blame for consistently or ONLY working for 'tips'.

Anyways I vote yes.

Disturbed021
27-08-03, 22:13
Originally posted by Mantus

I tip 10-30k and I still have trouble finding pokers at times.

I think it is a really good idea and haven't really heard a valid argument against it, however, I see that there alot more NO's than YES's :confused: