PDA

View Full Version : Question:- Why do some Servers allow mulriple Chars?

garyu69
27-08-03, 14:11
Just curious at why some servers, i.e. Saturn allow you upto 4 Chars, yet Pluto allows only 1?

Also do you think being abllowed more Chars per server is directly responsible for the number of players online on that server. Because the majoirty of the time Saturn will have around 300 online.

But pluto usually wobbles around the 200 mark.

ericdraven
27-08-03, 14:16
Uranus is a 4 char server as well and does not have a high population.

However, i chose it because i want to try out everything without having to reroll all the time.
So i was able to try APU, Hybrid, Pistol PE, Pistol Spy :D, Rifle Spy, Droner Spy, Tank and all possible tradeskills without rerolling once. I think it's great.

icarium
27-08-03, 14:25
lets you try out new stuff and also lets you have "mule" characters like cstr / res etc without having to devote your main character to it. i played on saturn for months, but i have just started playing on pluto recently, personally i prefer it, theres less wankers

Lanigav
27-08-03, 14:40
Pluto is a multicharacter server as well. Only difference is you have to pay extra money for it. ;)

Disturbed021
27-08-03, 17:25
Originally posted by Lanigav
Pluto is a multicharacter server as well. Only difference is you have to pay extra money for it. ;)
:lol:

So true so true

Benjie
27-08-03, 20:11
Originally posted by Disturbed021
:lol:

So true so true

Yeah I know loads of people who have 2 accounts just so they can have 2 characters on pluto.

Breschau
27-08-03, 20:20
For the thread title: the reason there's both single char and multiple char servers is simply because, before release when the servers were being planned, polls etc showed a sizable number of people who specifically wanted single char, and a sizable number of people who specifically wanted multiple char. Enough of each to justify both types of server.

As to the poll question, haven't got a clue. Server populations have risen and fallen a lot over the months, sometimes one overtakes another - I'm pretty sure I remember a time when Pluto had higher population than the multi-char servers. Since it's varied quite a lot it's hard to really say. The only server that's consistently had higher population than the others is Jupiter, but that's likely more to do with being the German server - it's been up the longest and it naturally appeals to a large part of KK's audience (their being based in Germany and releasing there first and all).