PDA

View Full Version : Businesses Exist in Neocron, do they not?

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 13:58
Well, then.... This is because I have been wondering about many things...

Why are rides in the subway cabs free?

Why is it free to play in Neofrag?

I suppose there might be a couple sercvices here and there that I forgot about, but this should be enough to get the point across.

I mean, NExT and Tsunami are out to make a buck from the facilities they built, correct?

Now, I am not asking that the subway and neofrag get hit with massive fees... just reasonable charges for their uses.

Like say 100 to 200nc a head to get into a subway cab... say like anywhere from 200 to 500 a head to get into a deck...

That would just be right, no? (and don't let the fact that I'm NExT influence your thoughts)

enablerbr
27-08-03, 14:04
guess you don't think NeXt get enough already from backpacks.

on the subject of paying for things. how come you never get charged to enter the clubs in PP.

oh and hover cabs never seem to be used much from what i've seen.

one last thing why can't NeXt be arsed to build a wasteland express.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 14:12
enabler, you have to pay to see the peepshows ^ ^

but, no, you're right, I forgot the cover charge for the clubs.

and no, its not enough for NExT just to get income from vehicle sales, backpack retrieval fees, gene replicator fees. NExT built the damn subway and CA stiffed us on a cut of the taxes!

damn, enabler, you know how much that would cost!?!? NExT would go bankrupt trying to do a full network of inter-city subways! I estimate the cost to be around 900 billion ncs...

that's just the inital estimate.

enablerbr
27-08-03, 14:14
who said the wasteland express should be a subway.

HellHound
27-08-03, 14:16
I'll contribute a million for an express train to CRP. :p
Voted no because there subways just aren't used enough for this to have any serious impact. ;)

icarium
27-08-03, 14:28
would only really affect new peeps, and not in a good way so am gonna vote no :)

Mingerroo
27-08-03, 14:32
Because everyone would team and fight rather than bothering with playing in Neofrag, and even less people would use the subways (only newbs use them really because we have GRs absolutely EVERYWHERE). :D Id love to see it happen but sadly people would just stop using the facilities...

enablerbr
27-08-03, 14:35
what i wouldn't mind seeing is a few dungeon/sewer lvl's off the hovercab route. as it is possiable to walk the whole strech of track.

cracky
27-08-03, 15:26
SUBWAY RULES AND IF YOU RIDE IT ALL THE WAY AROUND 3 TIMES AND SAY HEAL MARRY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET SYNCHS AGAIN1!!!!!!

Q`alooaith
27-08-03, 16:01
Originally posted by cracky
SUBWAY RULES AND IF YOU RIDE IT ALL THE WAY AROUND 3 TIMES AND SAY HEAL MARRY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET SYNCHS AGAIN1!!!!!!

no no no, it's thriteen times and you've got to yell "Q'alooaith is nice and not a PKer" each time you go round...

:p

Might be nice if the subway stations had out of city airflights, maybe add an airport zone off one of the little side tunnels, they hardly ever send the cars in for repair...

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 01:06
Whoa.... actually.... wow.... a NExT-run airtransport service...

fuck....

there are those transport gliders, right? sooo... hmm, yes..... that COULD work... AND it would mean a fuckload of fun for TG and PP saboteurs to try to shoot down the transports (hey, you guys seen Judge Dredd? :D like that! :D )

But the thing is... I think I would prefer that a NExT clan take that into its hands ( mine most likely will, I think) or at the very least...

The NExT mission structure (from the terminal) should open up to driving missions in Hard and Very Hard, where only NExT runners can pilot said transports to either TH or MB... such missions would be rare and far off in between, but pay like 20k nc for the successful completion ( - you pilot the transport over to the indicated city with all passengers alive and the transport damaged less than 60% and on time)

The transport fees for other runners to get a ride from those transport missions would be, say, 5k a seat...