PDA

View Full Version : Merchants Appartment: How To Make One

Benjie
27-08-03, 12:49
Welcome to my Neocron Engine exploit (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=exploit&r=67) guide to making an extremely pretty merchants appartment. Actually sod the guide bit I am just going to put what I want in a player run merchants shop.

The merchants shop is an appartment. The appartment would be copbot guarded to prevent players ganking player owned npc's. (will mention later) The corridor will be huge, infact it wont be a corridor it will be more like "the main shop area". It will have a desk, cabinets, and NPC merchants hired and supplied by the runner. There could be a merchants sign (exploited from the writable datacube tecknology in the NC engine) with custamisable text on it. Around the back of the appartment would be a door. The door would have a hole in the wall next to it where transactions could be made so runners could bride merchants access into there backrooms (hey there gumpy!) or whatever. The backrooms would be just 2 rooms filled with Crates. (better for RP than cabs)

NPS's would be in the game. the NPC would work like Yo's npc's except the runner who owns the npc would pay no fee for "selling" and "buying". The runner who owns the npc will be able to set the price it sells for, perhaps with a tool, perhaps at the npc.

Runners should be able to customize the text in the product description.

Writable Data cubes need to be more accesable, and the art should be changed so it looks like a card. Perhaps they could be sold at Plaza Subway. This would make some amazing roleplaying as people would be ganked by merchents giving out there cards as people get of the hovercab, and lets face it. The subway is too empty.

I appologise if this post seems rushed. I am rushed, need to go out soon. I have been thinking about this all day.

Have fun peeps!

Benjie
27-08-03, 12:50
By the way this is from an old post i did ages ago. Take some ideas from this aswell if you like. ^^ GTG cya!!

PIMP APPARTMENT

A "club" like appartment in pepper park. These montrasly expensive appartments are sold only at the black dragon, and have many redeeming features to make up for the cost. It is "decorated" with strippers, red lighting and even a self contained bar! There is a small arena room where fights may occur, and where bets can be placed. If gambling machines and games where ever implamented, then this would be the place they would appear! There may be a single shooting line, so targetting bets can be placed, and several other gambling oppertunities. There would be a small open window inbetween the hallway and the actuall appartment. This is so runners can buzz, but would have to pay a fee in order to get access to the club. The features in the appartment would be a dresser and full size mirror, load music, a room with 2 gene replicators in cubicles and go guardians on the wall (untill washroom facilities ar implamented :P) and would have 2 "bedrooms" There would be no terminal, probabaly stolen a long time ago...... And for the same reason there would be no storage space besides a single crate in a backroom.

Rai Wong
27-08-03, 13:22
It be really nice to have this, but arguably its problematic coding but it be nice thing to have, no idea how much it will be used though the majority sold in neocron are dynamic tradeskills rather then individual armor and weapons

Benjie
27-08-03, 13:28
Originally posted by Rai Wong
It be really nice to have this, but arguably its problematic coding but it be nice thing to have, no idea how much it will be used though the majority sold in neocron are dynamic tradeskills rather then individual armor and weapons

Constructors could sell there low quality stuff from there merchants cheaply. Or would have amazing Uber merchants selling only 4 slotted CS's and 4 slot silent hunters. Perhaps one merchant would sell ultima mods. dunno. Down to the runner merchant to deside.

Ever play UO? that was an amazing system. I'm actually considering going back to UO. It was sooo good. Dunno what it's like now though.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 13:29
[mods edit]
Stop trolling these forums.
People are allowed to post that stuff in this section, so leave the rest up to us.

Deighton
27-08-03, 14:43
This idea should be focussed! As I mentioned before, there should still be ordinary NPC shops. But those shops should only sell really basic stuff, so that the loot, some mid to higher mobs drop -like parts and all the other stuff- become more important! If a mid to high level char kills a WB or whatever, he throws away all the stuff (not the crap thingies, this i throwed away, too), instead of collecting it, because those dropped parts have no real value being buyable. If the shop only sell really basic stuff, those dropped parts get more "interesting", knowing, they can't be bought and are needed for xyz to build it. And here comes the hour of the Player runned shops! Those parts could be sold there, with all the option described before. Maybe there can be "Shops" like a level one to level three appartment. Diffrent size and equipped. Maybe something like a posh, noble appartment and a crappy one, like for startups.

I think this would be extrem cool for all trade chars doing researching, constructing and poking. It creates a different area for them, maybe more interesting and spectacular, as standing at plaza one.

Benjie
27-08-03, 16:19
I think Chemicals, and componentparts (not components) should not be store bought, but made only.

I think Runners should be able to sell componentparts at there npc in there shop.

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 01:18
Well benjie, you know how much of a bother it is to make the higher level chems? I mean, sure, I am all for making solantium and the like playermade only, but have you looked at gamonin?

and I dunno about compparts... mobs will still drop them, right? so pp have a chance to BP them, right?