PDA

View Full Version : Tank INT

GT_Rince
27-08-03, 11:38
Very simple question really - Where to put INT points on my Tank - I would like to Hack for WB's etc, but is it better to put the points into Weaponlore?

It's been a long time since I was a tank (Beta 4) :D

Krll
27-08-03, 11:39
If you want to be able to aim fast, then it's Weapon Lore or nothing from what I've heard.

-Krll

Velvet
27-08-03, 11:43
All in weaponlore...

Peeping Tom
27-08-03, 11:45
if you want to solo Wb's put 45 inn hack and use spy booster 1 to get 50 hack :)
you can always lom the hack out later when you get higher rank etc
but for "fast" aim all inn wep lore and rest inn psu
K4F

Benjie
27-08-03, 12:12
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
if you want to solo Wb's put 45 inn hack and use spy booster 1 to get 50 hack :)
you can always lom the hack out later when you get higher rank etc
but for "fast" aim all inn wep lore and rest inn psu
K4F

Melee Combat Eye 3 (WL)
Melee Experience memory 3 (WL)
Soy Booster 1
45 hacking
All your Str in HC (almost)

Only way really. A tank CAN hack, but only if they are willing to use up 2 of there brain implant slots. So they take a Str Hit.

neophotographer
27-08-03, 12:30
for PvM to hack wb's or Doy Johnny's I do. 45 hacking, 3 psu and rest weapon lore. :)

Stacey

Original monk
27-08-03, 12:31
I suggest all in weaponlore and a littlebit in psi use (20ish) so you can use the lowest heal sanctum. Indeed then youe unable to hack but with 50-60 hack ya loose too much weaponlore wish is bad if ya check out the skillsguide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477) .
Ya can clearly see that range, frequency, heck everything needs weaponlore for about 20-30% so its pretty important yeah. If ya wonna hack make a spy or a PE :P or even a monk indeed...

GT_Rince
27-08-03, 12:49
Originally posted by Original monk
If ya wonna hack make a spy or a PE :P or even a monk indeed...

Already got a Pistol PE hacker :D But just wanted to know if hacking was something Tanks do much of - looks to me like the answer is no :)

Thx for the feedback guys :)

Lucjan
27-08-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Original monk
I suggest all in weaponlore and a littlebit in psi use (20ish) so you can use the lowest heal sanctum. Indeed then youe unable to hack but with 50-60 hack ya loose too much weaponlore wish is bad if ya check out the skillsguide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477) .
Ya can clearly see that range, frequency, heck everything needs weaponlore for about 20-30% so its pretty important yeah. If ya wonna hack make a spy or a PE :P or even a monk indeed...

The heal sanctum isnt a good idea anymore. Due to "recent" changes and PPW taking a significant part in damage %, a tank actually can't affort these 11 MST the heal santum requires. If he would go that way, he would end with two weak heals - at that point one strong heal (490% or more on the TL3 heal) is more effective.
PSU for tanks seems to be only good to dump the few remaining points that dont fit onto any other subskill and hopefully get a +1 to the PSI pool.

Lucjan
27-08-03, 13:02
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Already got a Pistol PE hacker :D But just wanted to know if hacking was something Tanks do much of - looks to me like the answer is no :)

There is actually one way that is still viable: the old tank setups with Distance-Weapon-CPU 3 (+15 WEP, +8 T-C). You should have 80 WEP. Using a melee eye 3 and distance-3 would give you these 80 with leaving room for 45 HCK. A spy booster on top of it and you can hack WBs.

Soothsayer
27-08-03, 13:10
Originally posted by Lucjan
The heal sanctum isnt a good idea anymore. Due to "recent" changes and PPW taking a significant part in damage %, a tank actually can't affort these 11 MST the heal santum requires. If he would go that way, he would end with two weak heals - at that point one strong heal (490% or more on the TL3 heal) is more effective.
PSU for tanks seems to be only good to dump the few remaining points that dont fit onto any other subskill and hopefully get a +1 to the PSI pool.

I disagree. I can out heal any tank with the heal/ sanctum combo.
It heals faster than the tl 3 heal in conjunction with first aid kits.
I also like the decreased cast time that the 20 points in psu affords me (2 seconds as opposed to 3.5).

Cryton
27-08-03, 14:05
I have about 50 in hack, and honestly I don't feel too gimped in PvP or 1 vs 1. So I would say that 45-50 in hack certainly playable you make a small sacrifice to be able to hunt the mob wich is:

1) The most easy to find in fairly large numbers
2) Shell out a fair number of rares
3) Can be found in not too populated areas

I would take that sacrifice any day of the week. But if you want the most efficient killing machine - stuff the lot into WL.

/Cryton

\\Fényx//
27-08-03, 14:12
Originally posted by GT_Rince

Thx for the feedback guys :)

my tank's got hacking, 50 lore, 50 hack and 1, yes 1 whole point of psi use :D

warbots are easy, you get 5 node thingys at 50 hack, also i used to be pure hacking 75 hack 0 lore lol, drugged up and got SF and SA in and spy 3 and hacked OP's before O_o

Cryton
27-08-03, 14:22
Oh I also forgot to say that 20 points in WL does jack compaired to what 2 points in HC does for your aim on a CS, so we are also talking about minimal effect, it's there but not a great loss imho.

/Cryton

neophotographer
27-08-03, 14:33
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
my tank's got hacking, 50 lore, 50 hack and 1, yes 1 whole point of psi use :D

warbots are easy, you get 5 node thingys at 50 hack, also i used to be pure hacking 75 hack 0 lore lol, drugged up and got SF and SA in and spy 3 and hacked OP's before O_o

a tank that hacks ops? :wtf: that'
s just WRONG :lol:

Stacey

ZoneVortex
27-08-03, 16:55
Whyyyy.....noooooo.....don't use melee experience 3! You don't want to experience the melee!

Sleawer
27-08-03, 17:00
Targeting computer (+15 wep lore +5 t-c) is better than melee chip (+15 weapon lore +15 melee -8 t-c).

Weapon lore afaik affects also the RoF of heavy weapons, so you may like to have all in weapon lore.