PDA

View Full Version : An idea on the GR rules

and1guy
27-08-03, 07:38
Vote yes or no if u like the idea... flames arent necessary.. just cast your opinion in a civil way, anyway ill get to the point

I think a hacker should be able to unlock a GR for maybe a certain amount of time?? seconds? 1 minute?? i doubt anything like this would get implemented since i bet they arent working on hacknet... but anyway just sharing my opinion on the stupid GR rules

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 08:00
oh, hells, yes, they should be able to... through the citycom terminals, of course! but maybe there should be a % that if the gr hack fails, the owning clan is warned...

VictorKruger
27-08-03, 08:06
I would think they should get a message even if it is successful. Sort of like when an OP is being hacked, the Clan that owns the OP is notified.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 08:07
I agree.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 08:15
Ehh.. no... that would ruin it too much, imo...

How about an overall % of chance that the owning clan is notified when GR access is hacked, sucessful or not, failing has increases % chance of warning, sort of like ("turret under attack" but for this, "Attempt made at compromising GR Access protocols." )

There should be a point to having high level hackers work on gr access beyond immediate gr access... at least make it fun.

Oh, and there's like a 5 minute opening in GR access to the compromised OP after a succesful hack...

csh1
27-08-03, 12:00
i agree with it....but it would have to be teh UBER hackzOr (180+ hack) so not every noob could go around hacking...and the GRs could give out silent alarms to the GR factions owner but not always do it depending on how well they do the hack

Nixon
27-08-03, 12:03
Very good idea imo..

Elric
27-08-03, 12:14
This idea was suggested on the Testsever threads reagrding the changes and also in several "lock the GR's" threads beforehand as well. Good idea. Probably will not happen due to the fact it was ignored before, during and after the implementation.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 13:19
no, no, not 180 hack. that's ridiculous.

something much more reasonable, like along the lines of 90-110 hack and 80 INT to succeed more than 60% of the time.

that sounds right to me. I mean, geez whiz, hacking the gr access protocols SHOULDN'T be harder than hacking the OP itself, right?

garyu69
27-08-03, 13:56
Originally posted by Heavyporker
no, no, not 180 hack. that's ridiculous.

something much more reasonable, like along the lines of 90-110 hack and 80 INT to succeed more than 60% of the time.

that sounds right to me. I mean, geez whiz, hacking the gr access protocols SHOULDN'T be harder than hacking the OP itself, right? Don't make it 80 INT level :eek:
I can hack OP's first time and i only have a level 70 INT with my IMPS, and thats Capped!

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 14:02
um, no, you misunderstod - INT affects hack, so having more INT helps a lot with hacking at a given level or makes you need less hack for a given hackable object, see...

more hacking skill would be needed if you wanted to have a better chance with hacking grs, gary.

enablerbr
27-08-03, 14:06
lol 180+ hack skill. guess that'll only happen on a 4 char server then.

djskum
27-08-03, 14:28
I think you should be physicaly present at the hack, like an OP hack. Remote hacking would be crap IMHO.

It means you'd have to take and hold the GR with a force in order to get reinforcements. Remote hacking would be exploited.

DjSKum

garyu69
27-08-03, 16:18
Being present at the GR for hacking is a must.
I think you should also be able to disable the SI at that point of Hack for a period of 2 minutes.
This allows your Clan to GR in and be prepared to fight instantly.