PDA

View Full Version : Neofrag tweak thoughts

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 05:58
Oh, yes, it is in reaction to arcadius' thread, but I thought he went overboard with it.

I want to keep the current neofrags in pepper park... I particularly like the layout of the pepperpark sector 3 one.

Now, many problems abound when playing in neofrag. Hell, its hard to get *into* neofrag arenas at times.

First things first would be to make the arena entrance terminals up to date (show accurate statistics)...

Second would be to make some serious progress against the MAJOR lag in neofrag... seriously... that one's the main killer of neofrag, I think.

Next would be to add options to the terminals, so that groups of people can have more fun in Neofrag.

There should be options for 2-team battles. That would be simple enough - have your teams set up before hand, and then one person each from the team sign up their team in the terminal. Thus, their teams are registered. Oh, and kill-stats should be shown for team AND team members separately. As in :

Team A = 1+9 Team B = -3
Heavyporker from Team A = +5 Shadow Dancer = +14
Elison Muerte = +7 Genty = +3
Weazle = +7 Nutterbutter = -20

Well, you get the idea. Oh, and people just joining in can join a team inside the arena and have their stats up on the screen, ASAP. no shenangians, you hear, KK? :)

Another necessary option is would to actually SELECT THE ARENA LAYOUT! SO simple! Just have a checkbox for something like: Choose deck = Castle Neocron, SpaceShip, VirtuaCity, CargoDeck, so on and on. I do not wish to travel the length and breadth just to find the deck that I want, only to forget which one it is when I return after that match.

Password option should be kept, keeps riffraff out.

Next option needed might be something similiar to a training program - nothing fancy. Just maybe something with decent AI and crap weapons (hey, cut and paste, KK, cut and paste), like a hologram mutant or hologram runner, so that PvP-challenged ppl can try to train their reflexes and such without the hassle of taking on the real PvPers and dying and needing ressurects or pokes... PLUS it has the benefit of keeping said non-duelists' ego intact, :lol: hahaha!

Oh, and new decks are desperately needed.

Some ideas are -

PillarGlory (yeah, a whole deck of many pillars of different heights and widths, you can jump on top of pillars and snipe or run and dodge between pillars, lots of fun)

Forest (hey, Castle Neocron has something like that off to one side, but its WAY too small)... this would be like a whole zone of forest and such... practically perfect for "fox and hound"

Street (yes, perhaps something from the Cere's Disc history files - 20th century urban downtown. Basically, a more realistic VirtuaCity, if you know what I mean. A long four-lane street with a median divider down the middle of the deck, buildings up the sides... and you can go into them. Stairs are inside the buildings, see... and there are no windows (heh, heh, you can see where I am leading to, huh?), plus the ledges are generously sized on the buildings, so ppl can walk on them... and the buildings are decently tall - about four to five stories high. Perhaps even some 20th century vehicles for cover (hey, just put down some of those blue wheeler bikes and red two-seaters down on the streets, parked). Then you can go play some urban terrorism, huh? :D )

And just for kicks, WaterWorld (a deck that looks like you're underwater, but really not... you know, water ripples above you, sandy textures under you, forests of swaying kelp around you, piles of algae-stained rock around you that you can clamber atop... and you don't need to swim, really)

Basically, I just want to see Neofrag tweaked to be more functional... it's a lovely idea that I love.

Oh, before I forget.... Neofrag terminals should charge about 100 to 250nc a head that goes into it's deck. Tsunami isnt running a charity, remember? they own those neofrags, and they're gonna collect!

Arcadius
27-08-03, 06:02
What a thief.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 06:24
uhh... I dont think so arcadius. read your ideas so you remember them, and then reread mine. they are completely different.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 13:24
well arcadius, you have to admit you didnt think about the Neofrag charging money to be used, did you?

and you didn't think of the new layouts that I described, did you?

In this thread I describe how to *TWEAK* the current neofrag to make it more usable and vastly more fun than it is now.

No, you wanted like a whole new redesigned Neocron or something, judging from the complexity of your coliseum idea, and hell, arcadius, have you looked at a coliseum? its only ONE arena with shitloads of ledges in concentric circles around it... the precursor to 20th century stadiums.

anyways... to you other guys, what do you think of the fee? too much or too little?

Jolt
27-08-03, 13:35
Like your ideas of course. :)

Id like to also see OP battle style combat, and have similar battles to how op are now etc.
One team would starts in the op other some spot away from the OP. (add tags or something to specify teams)
Maybe have options for turrents, conditions to win, maps(maybe select from existing op maps).

This would be a good way to practive op battles for clans or a chance to fight others you wouldnt normally fight.

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 01:23
Ehh... Maybe a very simple OP layout... something along the lines of "four walls with two doors and a hack hut in the middle"... just so like clans can practice basic OP strategy and such. Actually, that would work pretty well. Could have random spawns of turrets each time the deck is used (by this I mean, each time ppl come into the deck, anything from one to five turrets is spawned inside the OP, and can be any random turret type)

let's not make that one deck any more complicated, by this I mean forget conditions to win, maps, or turret choice.

The randomizer turret spawn would work more than well enough, and everyone knows what they have to do to win an OP, :D , and lets keep to this one map for OPs... can be called "Outpost Neocron" or something.

wolfwood
28-08-03, 03:19
hmmm no no no no that would be gay i wouldnt pay.
and also there is the problem of not showing positive scores in neofrag.

I kill fenix about 20 times and my score still doesnt show up !!!

only negative scores show.

Heavyporker
29-08-03, 11:33
well, yeah, thats, part of what I tried to say needed to be fixed - ppl outside the neofrag deck need to know if anyone's in, and next, ppl inside need more accurate scores.

any why would it be gay? Tsunami dont like giving freebies.