PDA

View Full Version : Should Via appartments be darker?

Marx
27-08-03, 04:14
Is it me, or do you need to be wearing sunglasses before walking into any via app?

I mean, I understand they're white and clean looking... but do they have to be so damned bright?

Vote 'yes' if you want the lights dimmed

Vote 'no' if you like looking into a semi-sun upon opening your door

vote 'no clue' if you've never seen a Via app.

edit:

I was supposed to put in a poll... but I'm a dumbass. Just put into words your feelings on the matter.

d3ik
27-08-03, 04:21
all my apps are in Plaza or outside the city... anyone have a screenie of a Via app?

MortuusLupus
27-08-03, 04:25
Picture being in a room made completely out of mirrors, then put the sun in that room. It's about that bright. The level 3 apartment especially so.

Drake6k
27-08-03, 04:30
Yeah they should be darker.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 04:33
YES YES YES YES YES@!!!!!

PUT A FOOKING LIGHT DIMMER SWITCH IN VIA ROSSO LEVEL TWO AND THREE APARTMENTS!!!

Ahem... sorry... it's just that I COMPLAIN A LOT about the sheer brightness of those two types of via rosso apartments - so GLARING and PENETRATING that not even turning down the brightness knob on the monitor helps.

the via rosso level 1 apt is PERFECT in terms of lighting - I think that has to be the best-lighted apt in the game ESPECIALLY at night... my god, you seen anything more romantic than a via rosso level one apt at night?!?

all the other apt types so far seem okay to me, yeah... but the tech haven apts have spooky lighting, heh heh.

Scikar
27-08-03, 04:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
YES YES YES YES YES@!!!!!

PUT A FOOKING LIGHT DIMMER SWITCH IN VIA ROSSO LEVEL TWO AND THREE APARTMENTS!!!

Ahem... sorry... it's just that I COMPLAIN A LOT about the sheer brightness of those two types of via rosso apartments - so GLARING and PENETRATING that not even turning down the brightness knob on the monitor helps.

the via rosso level 1 apt is PERFECT in terms of lighting - I think that has to be the best-lighted apt in the game ESPECIALLY at night... my god, you seen anything more romantic than a via rosso level one apt at night?!?

all the other apt types so far seem okay to me, yeah... but the tech haven apts have spooky lighting, heh heh.

That's because turning brightness down actually only increases the amount of black. To turn the white down you need to adjust contrast, or you can turn them both down with gamma correction, which has an option ingame.

Personally it's never bothered me, but if a lot of people find them too bright then maybe they should be toned down a little. I won't be able to use one anyway. :p

IceStorm
27-08-03, 04:48
I prefer all five of my Via Rosso Level 3 apartments remain at their current bright levels. I've spent considerable time in those apts and never been bothered by the bright and cheery atmosphere. Everywhere else is so drab and dark.

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 05:19
I like "cheery" clean, but not "fusion lamp set to overload" bright.

Light dimmers in ViaRosso apts, period. Can't be hard to do really... maybe like a separate "keypad" object on the walls, press use each time you want to have the place brighter... at some set brightness value, it will flow over and turn the lights OFF! Whoo, wouldnt that be fun for some special events or, ahem, *naughtiness*. Then you can just cycle the light's brightness, just like real world lamps. Simple enough.

I hereby strongly encourage KK to add this in as a project.

Birkoff
27-08-03, 05:21
They need to be darker for one thing, I've only ever had a lvl3 via apt (foudn it in p1). Hated it i have 6 lvl 3 P4 apts instead. I dunno what it is about Via i just don't like it :)

Drexel
27-08-03, 05:25
I like it cause i can just hold my techs up to the light to see what they are instead of all the messy researching thingy.

Brightness levels my change once dynamic objects are returned to retail & we can pop a 200 ft tree in the middle of Via 3. (looking forward to that one).

Oh, & i tried, you cant shoot out the lights either, dammit. ;)

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 05:32
ogh! don't mention dynamic objects to me... I never got the chance to get enough objects to try outfitting some apts.. I only got my hands on a couple off wbs and looked at them.. didnt use them.. waaah!

Birkoff
27-08-03, 05:33
THey were cool.... only got about 6 or 7 myself.... why did they remove them?

Drexel
27-08-03, 05:38
Same here, had a genrep full of em, but was scared to use em incase i accidently put a Grim Persecutor spawn spot in front of my rares cupboard. (dude , i just want my Paw of Bear, OUCH stop it man, just let me... OUCH, dammit, this is the last... AGGGhhh.. 'you are dead, press....' )

Any word on if they are coming back, are they on the Test server? Because we can now buy the removal tool in retail, so theres no reason not to bring em back.

massic
27-08-03, 06:26
YES, Please Dim the lights in the VR apartments. I have to turn my gamma way down whenever I enter one or my eyes start to hurt.

jernau
27-08-03, 10:35
Just curious how many people that find them too bright have their gamma cranked up so they can see in the dark when they are in the wastelands.

They are a little bright IMO but I have my gamma up so they should be.

CkVega
27-08-03, 10:40
I also find the level 3 Via apt a little too bright

MortuusLupus
27-08-03, 10:52
They're really really bright even with gamma at normal setting. There are a few places like this, the VR apartments, and various hallways. You can tell they're not meant to be so bright because when you're in the hall and you cross a zone border they get very much darker, so that they don't hurt your eyes anymore.

kurai
27-08-03, 10:58
Sorry people - I can't read what you are saying.

I accidentally entered my Via-3 apartment without sunglasses on one day and my retinas were vapourised.

The amazing Fierce Poisonous Spider Sense I have developed instead tells me that I should agree with the thread starter.

Elric
27-08-03, 11:01
Originally posted by kurai
Sorry people - I can't read what you are saying.

I accidentally entered my Via-3 apartment without sunglasses on one day and my retinas were vapourised.

The amazing Fierce Poisonous Spider Sense I have developed instead tells me that I should agree with the thread starter.

BBBWWWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant....

Agreed, too bloody bright.

GT_Rince
27-08-03, 11:12
Hell yeah - get those apts toned down. You walk in and get blinded :)

Vampire222
27-08-03, 11:30
the level two one is waaay too bright and shiney for my vampiric eyes, it certainly needs dim lights

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 11:33
Yeah, but guys, let me elaborate -

I don't have a problem with the lighting in the central room of the level 3 via rosso apt - its the adjunct rooms that has the " forty kilowatt fusion lamps set to 100% illumination capacity"

I found the lamps ringing the atrium to be quite tasteful, and just lovely at night.

Via rosso level 2 apt is wholly too bright... the only safe spot is looking OUT of the balcony when youre in the balcony...