PDA

View Full Version : *** BRAINPORT IDEA *** Make APU pes viable

Arcadius
26-08-03, 22:43
Short and simple. PPU pes should have more defense, APU pes should have more firepower. Make it balanced, and it gives variety. APU pes should have the power to fuse their weapons with spell damage, to increase and enhance it.

Something like "Blessed Rifle Poison Enhancement". Maybe your gun can have an additional green swirly when you cast it. This is just an idea, there could be more offensive buffs. Maybe an apu spell to make the recticle close faster. etc.... Since a pe without psi buffs has significantly less defense, then a PE with APU buffs should have significantly more offense. It will give more variety to the class.

What do you guys think?

BTW, here are links to ALL my other class ideas.

SPECIAL FIRST AID SKILL AND DART PISTOLS FOR SPIES (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72999), Make Spies the masters of technology that they should be (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72442&perpage=15&pagenumber=1), TANK BERSERK ABILITY (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72672), INNATE CLASS ABILITIES (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72820&perpage=15&pagenumber=1), MAKE PPUS' LIVES EASIER (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72876), REVAMP DRONER WEAPONRY (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72882)

Drake6k
26-08-03, 22:52
great idea

Zokk
26-08-03, 22:53
I think...

...you should stop thinking...

Just kidding :p It would be nice if all directions your character could go would be viable... so I think this is a cool idea.

P.S. Make Melee B E T T E R

Richard Adregen
26-08-03, 23:24
Arc, this idea plain old ROCKS. This is the best idea on PEs I've seen in a while...

RA.

PS. Seeing as you advertise yourself as the most lethal APU, can you give me some pointers on APU setups? :)

thewarrior008
26-08-03, 23:30
i exatclz think like zokk thinkks and he thinks u should stop thinking which brings me back to my thought which is to think tat u should stop thinking ,realy

donot u have cajun to defend ;)

and no i dislike the idea :wtf:

Arcadius
26-08-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Richard Adregen

PS. Seeing as you advertise yourself as the most lethal APU, can you give me some pointers on APU setups? :)

CON or psi?

Originally posted by thewarrior008

donot u have cajun to defend ;)

O_o

and no i dislike the idea :wtf:

May I ask why not?

Arcadius
27-08-03, 00:13
Don't forget to RATE THIS THREAD.

OpTi
27-08-03, 00:14
i like this idea, i'd personaly be stuck deciding if i wanted defence or some real firepower.

on top of this i'd persoanly like to see other thing like this just little variations of classes to mix it in, and i would love to add some apu spell that reduce your targets resists. My apu would love to run around from just behind the main force reducing peoples resists, before they know it they see how much dmg they are taking and realise someone's been sneaky and stuck an anti energy resist on them. I'd love to be that sneaky little apu ;)

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 00:25
Heh, I had thought about using a slot on Saturn to make an APU PE... LONG before you posted this thread, of course, arcadius :p :)

A bit of a problem, see...

Lances or perhaps the first level halos... Just do diddly squat...

For another, it'd almost be too painful for the PE *not* to use what his DEX is screaming at him, and that's pistols/rifles...

I mean, for those that try to fit into the "field medic" role of PPU PEs, they get a much better deal - they're more effective with what they have, and they can do *quite* a bit, and even a 50% first level shelter helps a *LOT* in many situations. We're all just addicted to holy PPU spells, eh? :( So STFU to you guys that say PPU PEs are useless.

The only real role I could see for those APU PEs would be to use poison, because pistols/rifles just do MUCH more damage in all the other damage types, AND has xray ammo mod, which Monks don't (and rightly! STFU guys that want monks to do Xray. Who ever caused atoms to split apart with his mind?)

The APU PE would basically be a kamikaze... using his CON and armor to stay long enough to fill his opponent(s) with a few stacks of poison each to take negate or weaken one's healing effect... and the APU PE's high agility would make him pretty damn hard PLUS he has a *chance* at runcasting if he overspecs as much APU as possible (now, PSI POWER for him will be a big problem) and has attack/exppsi imps. And also has plenty of PSI Use, say, about on the order of 100 or so.

It would have been interesting... since no need for physical weapons, he could have specced those points into tradeskill...
like barter/driving or research/repair.... yep....

You would have to wholly change your approach to battle since you wouldnt be anything nearly as powerful as a full blown APU Monk, nor as capable of going toe-to-toe like other spies and PEs... you would have to be more like a ghost... yes... running into and out of battle with poisons and fire spells... (use fire first to blind your oppoenents so you can fill them with at least five poison stacks before breaking off)... Stealth would be PERFECT for the APU PE... you would be mainly an assassin, never going for direct confrontation... but always going for the face-to-face attacks... wearing your opponent down... gods, anyone watching an APU PE fight would probably speak of as if meeting a legend of a warrior with bravery beyond all others....

I say it would be a pinnacle of being a PE... lets see if Killer or Kramer or VetteroX has the balls to try this... I can't atm cos no Neocron :(

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 00:27
OH, and just to make myself clear - NO to your idea... if the APU PEs gonna be APUs, make them use APU monkey skills! Then maybe KK will see how much work remains to do on the APU spell spread, eh?

Arcadius
27-08-03, 00:30
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Heh, I had thought about using a slot on Saturn to make an APU PE... LONG before you posted this thread, of course, arcadius :p :)

A bit of a problem, see...

Lances or perhaps the first level halos... Just do diddly squat...

For another, it'd almost be too painful for the PE *not* to use what his DEX is screaming at him, and that's pistols/rifles...

I mean, for those that try to fit into the "field medic" role of PPU PEs, they get a much better deal - they're more effective with what they have, and they can do *quite* a bit, and even a 50% first level shelter helps a *LOT* in many situations. We're all just addicted to holy PPU spells, eh? :( So STFU to you guys that say PPU PEs are useless.

The only real role I could see for those APU PEs would be to use poison, because pistols/rifles just do MUCH more damage in all the other damage types, AND has xray ammo mod, which Monks don't (and rightly! STFU guys that want monks to do Xray. Who ever caused atoms to split apart with his mind?)

The APU PE would basically be a kamikaze... using his CON and armor to stay long enough to fill his opponent(s) with a few stacks of poison each to take negate or weaken one's healing effect... and the APU PE's high agility would make him pretty damn hard PLUS he has a *chance* at runcasting if he overspecs as much APU as possible (now, PSI POWER for him will be a big problem) and has attack/exppsi imps. And also has plenty of PSI Use, say, about on the order of 100 or so.

It would have been interesting... since no need for physical weapons, he could have specced those points into tradeskill...
like barter/driving or research/repair.... yep....

You would have to wholly change your approach to battle since you wouldnt be anything nearly as powerful as a full blown APU Monk, nor as capable of going toe-to-toe like other spies and PEs... you would have to be more like a ghost... yes... running into and out of battle with poisons and fire spells... (use fire first to blind your oppoenents so you can fill them with at least five poison stacks before breaking off)... Stealth would be PERFECT for the APU PE... you would be mainly an assassin, never going for direct confrontation... but always going for the face-to-face attacks... wearing your opponent down... gods, anyone watching an APU PE fight would probably speak of as if meeting a legend of a warrior with bravery beyond all others....

I say it would be a pinnacle of being a PE... lets see if Killer or Kramer or VetteroX has the balls to try this... I can't atm cos no Neocron :(

That has nothing to do with my idea though, i'm talking about giving pes the power to fuse their guns with spell damage.

Originally posted by Heavyporker
Then maybe KK will see how much work remains to do on the APU spell spread, eh?

That's why you voted no? Talk about selfish.

Breschau
27-08-03, 00:32
Interesting idea. Not sure how well it'd work out - is this a part of your overall PE-specific spells idea?

COuld just as easily work if a range of APU offensive non-damage spells were introduced. For debilitating their opponent (reduce resists, slow them down, apply drug haze, and just generally fuck up the performance of the char). Then the APU PE could use the low level spells in that range, just as they can with the low level spells in the PPU range (low level damage has zero point, but low level non-damage can still be useful).

Arcadius
27-08-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Breschau
is this a part of your overall PE-specific spells idea?

no :p That idea was blast to bits by everyone, heh.

I should have put a "I don't like it, but I think it should be implemented" option, lol. Seriously, how can you say no to more variety especially when it doesn't even affect your char.

Originally posted by Breschau

COuld just as easily work if a range of APU offensive non-damage spells were introduced. For debilitating their opponent (reduce resists, slow them down, apply drug haze, and just generally fuck up the performance of the char). Then the APU PE could use the low level spells in that range, just as they can with the low level spells in the PPU range (low level damage has zero point, but low level non-damage can still be useful).

Yea that's a good idea t00.

wtg :p

thewarrior008
27-08-03, 00:36
Originally posted by Arcadius
CON or psi?

O_o

May I ask why not?

1 SS likes to play there with pimp (as we saw yesterday)

2: i dislike the idea cuz1:i dunt care cuz i left nc 2: it will be nerfed rght after its implenented cuz its ridiculous , APU pe....tzk think bout it.

Breschau
27-08-03, 00:38
Btw, ever play the Rifts pnp rpg? Had a class called Tech Wizard that combined psionics/magic with technology.. creating guns that ran off their own psychic energy (no need for ammo - energy weapons fired psi energy, kinetic weapons fired sorta telekinetic bolts). Had all sorts of weird and wonderful inventions as I recall.

Not really the same thing as you're proposing, but it sparked a little bit of nostalgia in me all the same :)

(I would *love* to see a Rifts MMORPG.. I liked so much about the whole setting, and the various powerarmours etc were awesome)

Arcadius
27-08-03, 00:44
1 SS likes to play there with pimp (as we saw yesterday)

lol

i dislike the idea cuz1:i dunt care cuz i left nc 2: it will be nerfed rght after its implenented cuz its ridiculous , APU pe....tzk think bout it.

wow, what a powerful thought provoking post filled with lots of input and a rational arguement filled with in-depth reasons as to why it's a bad idea.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 04:57
wow, I usually don't care much if people don't like my ideas, but this is one of those ideas that makes me say "WTF HOW CAN U NOT LIKE IT?" :D :D

Heavyporker
27-08-03, 05:12
lol.

well arcadius, I think its silly that PEs would get radically different spells completely inacessible to monks (hey, I want to make it *possible* for a monk to use those PE spells that I described if he gimped himself psychically to get loads of STR and CON, enough to fit the reqs.)

remember, PEs are the average joes...

Breschau had some nice ideas... about giving more spells to APUs, and letting APU PEs (and leveling hybrid monks as well, of course) have access to the lowest level version.

Surely you wouldn't not like the oppournity to get more APU spells :D

I for one want my Earthquake barrel and levitation spells... plus arcadius... ever read my idea novas (points to sig) ? I think you might like what you see in them... I almost think you read them and put your own spin on my ideas :p Heh heh.

Anyway... why would you want only PEs to get that poison spell for projectile rifle weapons (hey, only way that would work), and not pure APUs that actually were nuts enough to pick up a sniper rifle (shit... that would make me shit my pants... poison spell on it with a phosphor mod along.)

I mean... PPUs already got the Rifle Combat spell to boost them for their own rifling (ah, yeah, nuts to whoever said PPUs got no attacks... I remember Genty, LOL) Now what about APUs that want to stay in their support role (hey, hey, it COULD come) but still do some direct damage, perhaps to wear down ppl before they come to his team...