PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids, which way did u go?

Viruz
26-08-03, 18:26
well, seeing as the last patch made it really really really hard to play a hybrid, i was wondering if the old ones went APU, PPU or stayed hybrid.

mehirc
26-08-03, 22:29
There is only one way for a real monk, Hybrid :)

mdares
27-08-03, 00:17
I stayed hyb for a week... then i realized its my calling to be APU... i was an apu in the beginning then lomed to hyb... to be honest i've never adapted as a hyb because i always forgot to buff/heal because i'm used to be a defenseless killer...

so i'm back to my roots:

APU POWAH!!!!

Omnituens
27-08-03, 00:23
err..... i stayed hybrid AND cancelled my account.

but i voted hybrid, coz i will return.

Shatter242
27-08-03, 00:23
My original char type wa sto be PPU, with enough APU to defend myself and get some exp from kills. After teh patch I realized how bad this would stink s I woudln't be able to do either very well, so I went agg.

I think I'm going to make a PE with PPU just to be a dork.

--S

SirSensi
28-08-03, 07:27
APU
'cos I want to kill mobs and stuff and be able to defend mahself agianst a them...
Always will be hybrid in my heart. My second monk is slightly Hybrid still even after the lame patch... and she still has a decent rank... but she never had the PPU to really screw her rank to begin with. when I first started playing NC I joined with a few friends. But they were not online playing during the hours I was. So what is the most common awnser to this (oh, I also pride myself in being a loner) be Hybrid.

I agree fully with you mehric...
Hybrid is the way to go!!!

Birkoff
28-08-03, 07:42
PPU but the game is never what it was when i was hybrid....

PPU is fun till some1 cast tl3 heal on ....

VetteroX
28-08-03, 08:25
awww.... no more hybreds. You go god mode taken away from you so you quit? thats like not playing cause u cant use cheats. Theres no discussuons on the matter, hybreds were unfair. I know a lot of people had fun playing chars that could solo anything in the game, be it 3 capped tanks at once or any 120/120 AND be 1/2 sleeping while doing so, but come on! You KNOW it was unbalnced. you KNEW this day was comming, A lot of you went apu or ppu and are happy, thats cool. To thoes of you who wont play because u had your God turned into a character, good riddence.

Omnituens
28-08-03, 14:04
Originally posted by VetteroX
awww.... no more hybreds.
nope, im still hybrid

Thormael
28-08-03, 14:29
I know a lot of people had fun playing chars that could solo anything in the game, be it 3 capped tanks at once or any 120/120 AND be 1/2 sleeping while doing so, but come on! Good hybrids coul prolly solo 3 tanks and most 120/120, but any 120/120 whiel being 1/2 sleeping is untrue.

I doubt anyone ever could solo the HIGH lvl guards outside mc5 while being half asleep.

Some 120/120 were really easy though, like the giant hoverbombers, as a hybrid.

Lucjan
28-08-03, 14:37
awww.... no more hybreds. You go god mode taken away from you so you quit? thats like not playing cause u cant use cheats. Theres no discussuons on the matter, hybreds were unfair. I know a lot of people had fun playing chars that could solo anything in the game, be it 3 capped tanks at once or any 120/120 AND be 1/2 sleeping while doing so, but come on! You KNOW it was unbalnced. you KNEW this day was comming, A lot of you went apu or ppu and are happy, thats cool. To thoes of you who wont play because u had your God turned into a character, good riddence.

Hybrids being highly overpowered doesnt have anything to do with that. I enjoyed playing my hybrid, it was fun and much to do. My hybrid was almost a JOAT like my spy :) Hell, even the balancing of APU and PPU was a game by itself. The overpowered thing doesnt change anything about the fun to play a hybrid - PvP with a hybrid was pointless anyway.

I tried APU and PPU, but the pures arent even half the fun. Yes, an APU is appealing, but there is too much tank in me for that ;-)
Anyway, I will stay hybrid and try to find a somehow working design.

SigmaDraconis
28-08-03, 14:41
ermm hyrbid was fun cuz it was so easy once you set up the skillz..dont lie :rolleyes:

anyway i went PPU, then got sick of saturn nubness and moved back to pluto :P

Genty
28-08-03, 14:45
I went back to PPU and brought my TAR along for the ride.

Sobi
28-08-03, 15:13
I went APU. But its not really fun anymore.
Hybrid was a really great char which made a lot of fun playing with.
As I had more ppu then apu, it was great to lvl the way u wanted. U could still solo 120/120 mobs or take the ppu part and help a team in the caves. And if a pure ppu came, I took my apu spell out and made dmg. It was fun, cause it wasnt always the same as it is now.
APU is fun for some time, but it really gets boring after a while. And ppu was no choice for me, cause not beeing able to attack is crap and boring for me.

And to all the ppl who say: "U knew, Hybrids were going to be nerft..."

Well.. there was a time at the beginning of retail where it was not obvios the nerf would come. No one had a prop with Hybrids, cause there were not many. And as I started as a Hybrid, I feel really sad about the fact that my really long played char is no more the same. I can unterstand that KK nerft the Hybrids, cause the capped ones were rally uber. But making Hybrid almost not playable anymore... hmm... pitty!

SigmaDraconis
28-08-03, 16:08
Powerplayers tend to shed light on the inner workings of things..and at the same time manage to ruin the game :(

Rizzy
28-08-03, 16:53
Started as apu, went hybrid, got nerfed, went apu and now Im loming to ppu!

No more killing for me :p

ericdraven
28-08-03, 17:10
How interesting, only two hybrids cancelled their account altho there were billions of people crying that they will leave when the hybrid gets nerfed. :lol:

KimmyG
28-08-03, 17:34
AHAHAH
Wich 3 losers cancelled and still sit on the forum?

Genty
28-08-03, 17:35
Originally posted by Rizzy
Started as apu, went hybrid, got nerfed, went apu and now Im loming to ppu!

No more killing for me :p

I would'nt say that :D

Akasha
28-08-03, 18:29
I went APU as i already had a pure PPU:)

Rizzy
28-08-03, 18:31
I would'nt say that

Pluto : Genty - 63/62 ** - TAR Weilding PPU Monk

lol :D

SirSensi
29-08-03, 02:15
My Character started out as Hybrid....
And my Monk was my first ever character, I should have started a Tank for my first... but you live, you learn, you die. That's just the cycle of life.
I went through all the nerfs etc. and I still prevailed. But I do have to admit I did know it was comming... and btw, whom ever thinks that I'm pissed 'cos I thought was a "god and now have a character"...News flash, Pal. I wasn't. I still get owned by a near capped Tank.
I'm also trying to speak more on the PvM/PvE Hybrid rather than PvP Hybrid, just because PvP it is not my thang. Not saying that I wont fight another player, I do not prefer PvP.

And for those of you out there that think I dont have a Hybrid stashed away somewhere.. think again :)
Even thou I will never be a 1337 mofo, like most of you peeps are :o. I still enjoy the game 'cos I like the mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy that KK has brought together in this dazziling (and always buggy) 3D enviroment known as Neocron.