PDA

View Full Version : English servers

superfresh
26-08-03, 18:00
Can anyone tell me the basic difference between the English servers? I've always played Saturn, but decided to pop onto Uranus with a new char. There might as well have been tumbleweeds in the Plaza...
I also understand a lot of people came to Saturn from Pluto. Kind of interested in a change of venue.

superfresh
27-08-03, 18:05

omg I got the Heisman from an entire forum.

o_O

KimmyG
27-08-03, 18:08
Uranus is N00b

Saturn lets you have multiple chars

Pluto lets you have One.

hinch
27-08-03, 18:09
uranus = lots of americans
saturn = lots of germans
pluto = lots of wankers
jupiter = too many germans

venus = ~@*^"%£%$ (dont even get me started on the french)

KimmyG
27-08-03, 18:10
Originally posted by hinch

Lots of Germans on the german server WTF?

juvestar15
27-08-03, 18:10
Uranus has heaps of Germans. Half the server is.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Thane
27-08-03, 18:16
okai, for the slow ones........

the english server is actually pluto imo.

every country has its own 1 char server, and the 4 char servers are still interantional, only thing, the official language (for exampleto communicate with the helpers) is english...

quite simple imo :)

superfresh
27-08-03, 18:25
I guess what I'm asking is why it seems like there are so many more people on Saturn than Uranus, etc...Aside from the number of players allowed per server, why do people gravitate to Saturn, leave Pluto, etc etc

Thanks for the responses though. :)

KimmyG
27-08-03, 18:25
Originally posted by superfresh
I guess what I'm asking is why it seems like there are so many more people on Saturn than Uranus, etc...Aside from the number of players allowed per server, why do people gravitate to Saturn, leave Pluto, etc etc

Thanks for the responses though. :)

I found one char gets boring after a few months.

Original monk
27-08-03, 18:30
the fact satrun has much more members then pluto is because pluto went up a littlebit later then saturn, most people couldnt wait that long and choise for saturn, a bigger playerbase attracts more people. Also people have told me that the economy on pluto is fucked cause of all the exploiting a while back (everybody has he's 5 slot FL,cs,HL, millions in credits etc) i dont know if this is true cause i only have a 11/10 tank there but if it is then thats also a possible reason, dont shoot me if im wrong, it wasnt any official statement, yust some gossips...

Rizzy
27-08-03, 18:34
I thought the saturn economy was worse then the pluto one myself. If you speak english choose either saturn/uranus for a 4 character experience of pluto for 1 character. Not alot of difference between saturn and uranus except saturn has about twice as many people online most of the times.

Scikar
27-08-03, 19:21
saturn = lots of germans
pluto = lots of wankers

:lol:

Which one do you play on? :p

hinch
27-08-03, 19:37
Originally posted by Scikar
:lol:

Which one do you play on? :p

all of them :)

Tregard
27-08-03, 19:41
Uranus had major database problems causing people to lose chars, equipment, money, etc. So a lot of people left Uranus for Saturn because they still wanted 4 chars like Uranus.

Darth Slayer
27-08-03, 21:57
Uranus problems seem to be fixed now but as I ain't been on for near 2-3 weeks due to PC problems the whole server could have gone tits up for all I know........:lol:

Tregard
27-08-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Uranus problems seem to be fixed now but as I ain't been on for near 2-3 weeks due to PC problems the whole server could have gone tits up for all I know........:lol:

I know...but "once burned, twice shy" :rolleyes:

Birkoff
27-08-03, 23:49
saturn = lots of germans
pluto = lots of wankers

Really ive played pluto since day after retail and only met 1

Saturn has lots of germans? *shrugs* all the trade people in plaza and on public channels seem to talk english when im there.. Uranus i cant understand all seem german... gave up there... Have to randomly guess toget things made or ressed :)

Disturbed021
27-08-03, 23:51
I play on Uranus and have only met like one German so far, tho I play really really late for Germans to still be awake :p

hivemind
28-08-03, 01:10
I guess what I'm asking is why it seems like there are so many more people on Saturn than Uranus, etc...
Uranus is a European 4 character server. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because while it may not be the official designation of the server, that's what it de facto is.

I see you're in South Carolina. Log onto Uranus at noon our time (EST) some day. It's a whole different world.

Smugly
28-08-03, 07:28
As I understand it, plenty of people left Pluto because, the one character limit meant that once capped you couldn't start another character unless you were prepared to delete all the work you'd put into one. Or buy a second account........

As for Saturn, well it's counterstrike syndrome. Success breeds success. Lots of people go onto it because it's well populated, and it's well populated because lots of people go onto it.

ZoneVortex
28-08-03, 07:54
Originally posted by Smugly
As I understand it, plenty of people left Pluto because, the one character limit meant that once capped you couldn't start another character unless you were prepared to delete all the work you'd put into one. Or buy a second account........

As for Saturn, well it's counterstrike syndrome. Success breeds success. Lots of people go onto it because it's well populated, and it's well populated because lots of people go onto it.

If I left Pluto for any reason other than that I had planned on quitting NC again....that would be the reason why.

I rerolled about 9 times on Pluto and everytime I got the character to atleast /50, so it gets aggrevating rerolling so often.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 08:44
saturn = lots of germans
pluto = lots of wankers

wtf you talkin about?

theres always blabber in german going on over the trade channels on uranus...i rarely see anything but english in saturn and pluto...

Rai Wong
28-08-03, 08:59
I think...

Pluto: The nice english server, where you don't get people with a capped PPU/Tank/Cons/ress/ and they are good mannered but they still pvp alot

Uranus: The moderately tame server with less pvp where the tsunami owns everything and about half germans which like to say it ok, oh ic, :), :(, sorry i german.

Saturn: The crazy massacare server where you have loads and LOADS of americans sounding people "YO MAN MY GUN JUST BROKE" " SHIT HE PWNED ME" Lets gank all the newbies. Kill KIll KILL MMUAHAHHAHAH. They probably are not americans but sound like them :)

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:05
Saturn: The crazy massacare server where you have loads and LOADS of americans sounding people "YO MAN MY GUN JUST BROKE" " SHIT HE PWNED ME" Lets gank all the newbies. Kill KIll KILL MMUAHAHHAHAH. They probably are not americans but sound like them

ohhhhh

is that why everyone hates us americans? we say things like "YO MAN MY GUN JUST BROKE" " SHIT HE PWNED ME"

i get it now...:rolleyes:

Rai Wong
28-08-03, 09:12
I don't hate them, it was a joke and I find it hard to talk to them sometimes....mhmh sorry if my post sounded racist...

MjukisDjur
28-08-03, 11:49
can only speak for saturn and uranus but:

saturn - lots of people = good tradeskilling but lots of evil shitheads that only are there to piss people off
Uranus - less people but damn they are usually pretty nice. My newly created char got starter cash etc just showing up there :)
Not as much hate as on saturn server

Regards
Mjukis

SigmaDraconis
28-08-03, 12:01
Pluto is the dutch server i swear it is!!!

Shockwave
28-08-03, 12:07
Originally posted by KidWithStick
ohhhhh

is that why everyone hates us americans? we say things like "YO MAN MY GUN JUST BROKE" " SHIT HE PWNED ME"

i get it now...:rolleyes:

Oh no, there's a LOT more to it than that! :D

Shock.

Nidhogg
28-08-03, 12:19
Don't go there.

N

hinch
28-08-03, 12:44
i think he was joking niddy see a :D

Shockwave
28-08-03, 13:47
Perhaps I should have added (j/k).
:(

Shock.

HighRiseDrifter
28-08-03, 15:41
I normally play Pluto.

Seeing as I already rerolled one capped char on there, I don't particularaly want to do it again.

I switched to Saturn as there seem to be more English speaking people on there than on Uranus.

That's it really.

:p

Futureman
28-08-03, 20:47
*nidhogg snaps fingers and adds*

I ain't playin' girlfriend.