PDA

View Full Version : Pokers on pluto

LTA
26-08-03, 17:32
Do they exist?

Been waiting hours for a poke and not one person has appeared.... so is there any?

Archeus
26-08-03, 17:38
Advertise on SKILL-NC and tip well.

LTA
26-08-03, 17:41
Originally posted by Archeus
Advertise on SKILL-NC and tip well.

Been on all the channels, tipped well on my last pokes, but now i have spent the entire afternoon stood in plaza asking for a poke wasting my mulah

Riothamus
26-08-03, 17:46
I poke in Plaza, so does i think Zard0f, sikman and a few others. I've been going less and less cause because the tips suck on average. I won't name names or clans, but some make it worthwhile, others uniformly don't.

Hell-demon
26-08-03, 18:02
I was a poker, until I ended my life:rolleyes:
But us pokers get crap tips. But god bless those 5k tippers. Those 1k tippers can rot in hell:angel:

enablerbr
26-08-03, 18:06
see my minimum tip is 5k. if i can't afford that i don't try and get poked.

JiNxY
26-08-03, 18:11
personally i pay 1k for a low lvl poke and 2k for higher ones...

lets put it this way, pointing and clicking isnt exactly hard is it...
i started a poker on saturn, he had over 200k in no time, where my monk had crap all in the same amount of time..

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 18:11
Originally posted by Hell-demon
I was a poker, until I ended my life:rolleyes:
But us pokers get crap tips. But god bless those 5k tippers. Those 1k tippers can rot in hell:angel:

Oi ! I like always pay 1337nc per poke :D I dont see anything wrong with that, jesus I get poked 10 times over each night :lol: Its just a habbit now :) Anyway, all pokers do is like stand there, and press a mouse button each time someone crawls infront of you. O_o

Riothamus
26-08-03, 18:14
Originally posted by JiNxY
personally i pay 1k for a low lvl poke and 2k for higher ones...

lets put it this way, pointing and clicking isnt exactly hard is it...
i started a poker on saturn, he had over 200k in no time, where my monk had crap all in the same amount of time..

no it isn't hard, but your tipping for my time, not my ability to push a mouse button. Is researching and constructing that much more complicated. It's just a few more clicks, still spending time.

enablerbr
26-08-03, 18:16
LTA it's cause of the likes of JiNxY. that your finding hard to get poked. ;)

JiNxY
26-08-03, 18:49
your time??? if i want 1 poke, from your time that takes 5 seconds max for me to kneel, open trade and type the money in.
if im hanging around getting a full set of pokes of course im going to tip more! but for 1 or 2 pokes, no chance in hell your getting my money for something so simple, i USED to poke on pluto, and i felt 1k ip per poke was a very fair price.

i hardly think its because of people like me that your finding a poker hard to find..
i think its because of the people who dont tip at all, or because people dont want to spend their time in P1 when theres far better things to be doing (thats why i stopped anyway)

Riothamus
26-08-03, 18:55
Originally posted by JiNxY
or because people dont want to spend their time in P1 when theres far better things to be doing (thats why i stopped anyway)

That's the time i'm talking about.

Marx
26-08-03, 19:01
no it isn't hard, but your tipping for my time, not my ability to push a mouse button. Is researching and constructing that much more complicated. It's just a few more clicks, still spending time.

back in early retail I used to be lucky if I even got 1k per poke. I got tipped, but it wasn't alot.

I still made alot of money quick, for doing something very simple.

Then I started poking for free, up until I rerolled that guy.

Riothamus
26-08-03, 19:04
I used to not care, but i need the cash now, if they are going to make me buy the more expensive remote tools in an upcoming patch. So I can either get the cash from poking or i can be elsewhere hunting. It's selfish but that's my rationale.

Clothing_Option
26-08-03, 21:44
Originally posted by enablerbr
see my minimum tip is 5k. if i can't afford that i don't try and get poked.

5K!!!!!!!!
you gotta be jokin
do i get a blow job with that

Clothing_Option
26-08-03, 21:46
Originally posted by Riothamus
I poke in Plaza, so does i think Zard0f, sikman and a few others. I've been going less and less cause because the tips suck on average. I won't name names or clans, but some make it worthwhile, others uniformly don't.

Yeah I understand your POV but lets be honest less and less pple are playing the game, wether they can poke or not.

joran420
26-08-03, 21:52
in order me to sit in plaza poking i gotta be making >= caving for the same amount of time

Zu (Pluto)
26-08-03, 21:58
I just want to add a comment about the "cost" of poking cuz the 1-click comment always gets up my nose. :mad:

It's not the number of clicks. It's not the time. It's that 127 skill points I have invested for your TL84 poke you're paying for. And if it's a TL115 poke you want, think about the amount of gimpage that takes. And I speak not just for pokers, but for all other tradeskillers too.

So whether it's researching, constructing, or poking, tip us trade-skillers well. We have delibrately reduced our ability to provide a useful service. We will never be as uber as you. We will never be as powerful as you.

Certainly, it is our choice to do so. We have our own reasons. But you are benefiting from it, so show your appreciation with a nice tip. :)

Zu

PS. I'm not on that much but if I'm on and you're desparate for a poke, you can direct me and I'll usually make the effort to come to you.

dSerk
26-08-03, 21:58
Feel free to DM me if you need a poke. If I'm not busy--and you're not in a hostile clan--I'll poke ya real good through TL88.

BTW, I've had a number of nice tips, like, say, over 20,000nc. Hey, if you got money, spread it around! I don't expect a tip unless yer over rank 30, but some of the high-rank players are incredibly poor tippers. God bless those 5k tippers, word up. If I go down to Plaza 1 to get some repairs or whatnot, I usually can make enough money in poke tips to cover my repair tips.

Poking isn't much of a tradeskill. Tips might be low because people need them all the time, and, let's be honest, it's not hard to point-and-click another runner.

dSerk
26-08-03, 22:03
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)
I just want to add a comment about the "cost" of poking cuz the 1-click comment always gets up my nose. :mad:

It's not the number of clicks. It's not the time. It's that 127 skill points I have invested for your TL84 poke you're paying for. And if it's a TL115 poke you want, think about the amount of gimpage that takes. And I speak not just for pokers, but for all other tradeskillers too.Hehehe. That's funny. I think I just made the "1-click comment."

Zu, are you a pure tradeskiller? I guess the money I make poking I consider only supplementary income. I hit IMP 84 long time ago, and my points go to combat-related skills now.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 22:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Anyway, all pokers do is like stand there, and press a mouse button each time someone crawls infront of you. O_o

IT doesnt' matter how easy it is. It's still valuable skill points that YOU decline from having, and THEY sacrfice by having. So YOU should pay THEM a good amount.

Marx
27-08-03, 02:06
IT doesnt' matter how easy it is. It's still valuable skill points that YOU decline from having, and THEY sacrfice by having. So YOU should pay THEM a good amount.

I agree, but come on. Pokers on pluto can get damned near pathetic.

I saw one earlier today saying that they wouldn't poke for any tip less than 5k.

And they used the term 'tip', I find that hilarious. If you're going to expect money for your services, you should use the term 'fee'. Because guess what, a tip is any amount deemed proper by the person who was serviced.

That also doesn't change the fact that most researchers or constructors don't even get enough in tips to cover their gel/grease coverage. Meanwhile pokers get off like bandits comparitively.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Marx

And they used the term 'tip', I find that hilarious. If you're going to expect money for your services, you should use the term 'fee'. Because guess what, a tip is any amount deemed proper by the person who was serviced.

You're right, it annoys me when someone says "working for tips". Goddamnit, one way for pokers to get paid more is if ALL of them(or at least most) start "charging" and stop with the "tip me" bs. And don't say "tip me" then expect a specific sum.

That also doesn't change the fact that most researchers or constructors don't even get enough in tips to cover their gel/grease coverage. Meanwhile pokers get off like bandits comparitively.

Hrm true, however IMO poking is needed more often.

Anyhow, tradeskilling needs an overhaul in general.
Poor tradeskillerz.

joran420
27-08-03, 02:28
well it is a tip....but if u go to the bar and tip a quarter how long do u think it'll take you to get your next drink

IceStorm
27-08-03, 02:51
If you advertise, "Paying 40k for a poke(s) in Plaza 1," you might get someone's attention.

There's been one time I've needed to do that, and it worked. In less than five minutes someone GRed in and poked back in my SF. The person was quite happy when I paid the 40k I had advertised.

I may have a poker more often in PL1 soon, but for now my second char is still too low level (only pokes up to TL25).

Erinyes
27-08-03, 02:58
I agree, but come on. Pokers on pluto can get damned near pathetic.

I saw one earlier today saying that they wouldn't poke for any tip less than 5k.

Constructors and researchers that don't get enough to cover their substance costs are letting it happen. Dictate your terms, and if you don't see enough in the trade window to cover costs, then you don't give them their items/bp's. Better yet, require substance from your customer.

I do agree wholeheartedly with your comment about tips and fees. Most of the construction or research I do is either pro bono, or I just do the job and see what I get. If I don't get an appropriate amount in compensation, I just don't do business with them again.

Marx
27-08-03, 04:10
well it is a tip....but if u go to the bar and tip a quarter how long do u think it'll take you to get your next drink

however long it takes for you to walk to the next bar down the road

:D

Archeus
27-08-03, 08:32
Constructors and researchers that don't get enough to cover their substance costs are letting it happen.

Exactly. Demand the substance. What pissed me off was people would say "You get gel I will tip well", then when you say no they tip crap or say "I got you gel, that's your tip" :rolleyes:

You could tell the people who have played trades people as they would tip well and know the amount of gel to save thier costs.

As for pokers. treat them like a resource. You will find if you get a name of 5-10 pokers and just DM them when you need service they may come to you.

I used to ask for 2k per poke fee up front. A lot of people would pay that.

bounty
27-08-03, 09:28
Icestorm is one of the most polite and fair tradeskillers that i have done business with since i started playing NC.

I tip guys like him as much as i can possibly afford.

Geth
27-08-03, 10:03
I try to put in some time poking in Plaza 1 every session I play, for about 30 minutes or so most days. Sure it can be boring at times, but funny stuff usually happens pretty quickly and crazy debates start up. Not sure what times some of you are trying to get pokes, but I usually run into poking competition where the one with the highest advertised skill level gets most of the business.

As for tips, volume usually makes up for the low value of each tip, mind you I only expect enough cash to pay my expected GR costs for the day and money to tip others with. The best tip I every got was after working to help a patient get in nearly an entire set of implants, they gave me a set of keys to a new Wheeler Bike, unused! :D

[TgR]KILLER
27-08-03, 16:33
i'm lomming to TL 115 Poking now.. cause i see ppl scream about pokes all the time.. i'm gimped like fuck.. since i'm rifle i can't fire meh gun.. if u don't tip me forget about getting poked another time :)