PDA

View Full Version : New melee weapons idea

CkVega
26-08-03, 12:17
Mmm Whips and chains ;)

Anyway, how about some sort of whip in the game (laser whip maybe) that does average/low damage but spins your enemy round a bit (not too much but enough to make them lose thier aim on you).

Prahaps 3 different types

Chain: Does force damage and makes your enemy spin round alot.

Normal whip: does force+pierce damage and makes them spin round a bit.

Energy particle thingy whip: does energy+pierce damage, but only move's your enemys aim slightly.

Houser
26-08-03, 12:28
i think Ckvegas has lost it :wtf:

ezza
26-08-03, 12:29
interesting idea, though not really sure about the whip myself(lol a clan mate was makeing a joke about it last night actually)id rather see maybe a war hammer or maybe somthing like the lightning claws(that the 40k terminators use).

id rather see weapon type mods before more weapons are put in the game

Elric
26-08-03, 12:32
kinky.....

CkVega
26-08-03, 13:06
Some of the mods for them could be like spikes (for chains), some sort of entanglement (for whips, similar to a stun effect but lasts less than a second) and for the laser whip you could just use the same mods as the laser sword.

cracky
26-08-03, 13:11
I think that could be really unbalanced with the spinning and messing up aim part. If you just kept hitting somebody with it wouldn't it make it really hard for them to ever be able to aim?

Vampire222
26-08-03, 13:15
melee already is pretty goddamn deadly for pe'z

CkVega
26-08-03, 13:16
Originally posted by cracky
I think that could be really unbalanced with the spinning and messing up aim part. If you just kept hitting somebody with it wouldn't it make it really hard for them to ever be able to aim?

Yeah, thats why I was thinking low damage from the weapon itself.

The ideal use for it would be to disorientate your opponent then switch to a better (real) weapon to actually do the damage with.

/edit- The effect would have to be fairly minimal actually, I've just had a horrid thought of 10 tanks running into an Op whipping everyone while an APU runs round and kills everyone :eek:

(hehehe *giggle* *whip* hehehe *giggle* *whip*)

/edit 2- I've got the answer, Lower rate of fire!!!

greendonkeyuk
26-08-03, 14:01
Would love to see the chain idea, perhaps it could give stun damage.... similar to parashock. Representing blunt trauma, perhaps a stamina loss for the person being whipped.

Id also like to be able to use melee weapons when im on my hovertech or bike or whatever too. In a roadrash style.... but im not sure how many people would be into that....

ezza
26-08-03, 14:06
Originally posted by Vampire222
melee already is pretty goddamn deadly for pe'z

o_O

Pes are the hardest class(except PPUs)to kill with melee, if you have a shelter/deflector up and other buffs, most likely the melee dude will die first.