PDA

View Full Version : Exp Gain - PPu

Crest
26-08-03, 11:34
How does this work

Say I Hunt with 2 tanks and a Psi PPU in the team, Would I get the same Exp as I would with an APU, Spay and PPU in team ?

My main skill not leveling is Dex (As with all PPU's I think). I just don't level it. So I now repair for leveling dex, Could Construct but this skill is used for reasearch....

Also what would be te best place for me to put points to have a ubber PPU
Where to put Int points
Where to put Psi Points

greendonkeyuk
26-08-03, 14:30
ive put a little into pc and got myself a nice colt budget. with damage boost and pc combat boost it packs quite a punch, its certainly enough for aggy killing and dex building in the short term anyway.

Regards to the other questions, ill graciously defer to those better informed on the subject.

Fawkes
26-08-03, 14:37
Why level as a PPU? play an APU until you cap and then LOM. You will level faster and it's much more fun.
About DEX, hmm, use a moveon. *hint* :p

Opiate
26-08-03, 14:42
What I did to level my PPU:
-bashing rats till /5
-bashing aggies till /10
-go to El Farid with a team, I was there for 4 hours and got out at /18
-put all DEX points into PC, and start shooting aggies, TH turrets etc. Don't go for mobs way higher (even if you handle them) as you get less exp from them.
-when you get the rocket launcher pistol, go to El Farid again
-After capping the cap (when you nolonger get DEX exp), start lomming to AGL and make up for two lost levels by constructing boosters
-do caveruns till you're bored :D

It took me only a week (of intense levelling) to get to /50 and have CON, DEX & STR capped ;)

Sleawer
26-08-03, 15:16
Nice work Opiate. That's knowing what you do.

Futureman
26-08-03, 15:44
I just rolled a PPU and i am finding it quite fun. Lots of people tell me to roll an APU and lom over when I am capped, but now I don't feel the need and it isn't boring, so, why? I've been using parashock and damage boost to kill stuff. I only do about 50 damage to aggies before damage boost, but the RoF is pretty cool. I usually end up a little bruised, but i can always heal, so my Con levels up quite fast. All in all im Liking the experience.

Crest
26-08-03, 16:02
I had doing aggie missions with a Soul creature, you know the 90/90's you have

But I dont get credited with the Mission, even though it kills the aggie ? Strange

Scikar
26-08-03, 16:15
The classes in your team are irrelevant to the xp you gain. All that matters is that they are within 10 combat ranks of you. The team xp is divided among your skills like so:

Tank: Strength and Constitution
PE: Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity and PSI
Spy: Intelligence and Dexterity
PSI Monk: Intelligence and PSI

You will find that tanks still make levels in Int as they hunt, however this xp comes purely from the damage they do themselves, and they get none from the team. Also a PE could potentially cap without firing a single shot, however he would still need to get shot himself in order to cap Constitution. :)

enablerbr
26-08-03, 16:17
so in other words your forced to team to gain PSI xp. that suxks.

Archeus
26-08-03, 16:18
Originally posted by enablerbr

It is the nature of the PPU.

enablerbr
26-08-03, 16:20
well i'll have to find a way around that. i hate teaming unless something requires a team to do it. teaming to go kill a few spiders is just stupid.

Xin
26-08-03, 16:35
Originally posted by enablerbr

Yeah, I wish they made games where we didn't have to team with other players. :rolleyes:

Scikar
26-08-03, 16:35
A PPU still gets PSI xp from using SoulClusters. The whole purpose of a PPU is support anyway, if they want to be able to kill stuff alone then they should be killable when they're alone.

Crest
26-08-03, 16:36
I understand that, hence it was funny me stiing and punching the biotech operations guy for about 5 minutes so I could get epic complete.

With a couple of damage boosts

enablerbr
26-08-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Scikar
A PPU still gets PSI xp from using SoulClusters. The whole purpose of a PPU is support anyway, if they want to be able to kill stuff alone then they should be killable when they're alone.

i don't mind that. it's just the idea that you are forced to team that i hate. having played a spy all my time from beta to retail. i'm used to dieing alone and frequent.:D

Foofur
26-08-03, 17:01
Originally posted by Crest
Also what would be te best place for me to put points to have a ubber PPU
Where to put Int points
Where to put Psi Points

Setups are were the fun starts, there is no simple answer, juz remeber:

* PSI
- MST is juz a req.. so no need to go higher then u require
- PPW adds manna and some dmg
- PPU adds dmg to your spells. And since the last patch it actually has effect on heals and shields.

* INT
- PSU needed for freq mostly and it adds a (very) little bit to your manna-pool.
- any other skill is nice for e.g dex xp or int xp.
Most PPUs arent pure psu. I think you should figure out how much ya need to cap your freqs and then put the rest in anything you like..

Hope that helps a bit. If you find the secret, plz lemme know, altho I think I'm rather satified atm, *wubs her PA3*