PDA

View Full Version : Why Have GM's

Crest
26-08-03, 09:32
Ok So I want to hold an event .... Listed below is the link

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72388

I mail Nidhogg
(Thanks for the help, someone gave me some) Telling him i would like a GM to be involved on the first of many of the same kind of event shis response was

Re: In game Runner Support
I think the email to contact for help is playerevents@neocron.com (but it could be runnerevents@neocron.com so try them both). You should also send an email to Penzius@neocron.com - he's one of the GMs who deals specifically with events.

N

I mail the 3 addresses
I get the following back

Reporting-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;mail.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:34:25 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;runnerevents@neocron.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 <runnerevents@neocron.com>: User unknown in virtual
alias table

So of the 3 e-mail addresses 1 does not exist, I can assume the other 2 do. Yet its more than a week later and still no feed back from GM's. Maybe they are gonna be there, and maybe they just don't care about the game.

I am not about flamming GM's But,

There was a thread last month where it was said that maybe the runners should start their own events, and make the game more interesting. Well I am trying.

Thanks for the Help GM's, I am sure you serve a reason, one day we will find out what ....

Archeus
26-08-03, 09:34
Why do you need a GM for the event? Hire a clan to police the event.

If your event gets enough people going to it, odds on a GM will be there.

Crest
26-08-03, 09:38
If a GM came back and sais that I would be impressed, If a GM said anything I would be amazed.

There are a couple of reasons for the GM.

1) Assist in control, all you need is a couple of twits to start trouble and ruine it for everyone, then you cant do much. In neocron death does not stay

2) Possible for a final event , have a GM spawn 100 Sorp Queens, holding hands with 100 MC5 Commanders ... who know ...

3) Cause in the time I have been in noecron I have seen 1 GM (in a year) . So I think possible a higher presence would benifit all.....

There are a couple of other reasons, but these will do

Archeus
26-08-03, 09:42
1) Get a group to police the event. Pluto Fight Night do this, and with great skill.

Sure death isn't permanent, but try killing the person over and over and not rezzing them. Even high level characters don't like to die.

2) Well you just want a GM to spawn you stuff? :)

3) I can see less and less GMs appearing for the exact reason you want them to appear. They should keep the game mechanics working, but should not be directly effecting the world if they are publically visible doing it.

Crest
26-08-03, 09:48
Originally posted by Crest
If a GM came back and sais that I would be impressed, If a GM said anything I would be amazed.

I am glad the established weekly event on Pluto goes well. Once an established event on Saturn oocurs where we know and predict who the trouble will come from (most times), then we can take it from there.

Yes Pluto is Ubber, Yes only the saints walk on pluto, yes yes yes

What can I say,
Saturn may be a different kind of beast

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 10:00
edit - nm, delete this.

Crest
26-08-03, 10:01
Saturn PvP Event (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72388)

P4mp3rk3
26-08-03, 10:14
Originally posted by Heavyporker
edit - nm, delete this.

lol, why did you post that?? you never edited your post :confused:
tsss...weirdo

edit: I agree with crest though, they could have at least sent a reply. Even a reply telling him to maybe hire a clan to police it would have been ok....but no, nothing

neophotographer
26-08-03, 10:19
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
lol, why did you post that?? you never edited your post :confused:
tsss...weirdo

edit: I agree with crest though, they could have at least sent a reply. Even a reply telling him to maybe hire a clan to police it would have been ok....but no, nothing

because you can edit a post within like the first 3 minutes and it will not have an editing line appear. is pretty enat. :D

Stacey

P4mp3rk3
26-08-03, 10:42
lol,aaaah
I thought he posted his edit while could have just not posted...
ok then :-)

still agree with crest though

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 10:50
Crest, just hire some CMs or a CM clan. Should only cost you something like 200-300k. For an event that's pretty good...

Crest
26-08-03, 11:00
All that sounds good, pay someone for protection .....

Lets go through a concept....
An event for all runners, to enjoy and see who is best

Then I must go an hire a specific fation to enforce the law, sounds good....except for the following situation

Mr Bad Boy from a non city faction comes along and causes trouble
MR CM and friends Kill Him for this
Mr Bad Boys friends, clan memebers and faction memebers see this, don't know the story behind the killing and shoot Mr CM and friends

Then so its mr Cm and friends vs the enemy, and well some poor guys get hit amd start shooting other enemies, and before you know it the event is finished

So why Pay CM when the can be ruled by cm's, so when mr Bad Boy does start trouble, the GM makes him go away. Then
1) I save money
2) The event goes to natural end

Remeber its not my responsabilty to create event for runners, I am not a GM. I am doing it to make the game more fun.

Plus who do I hire, there are no gaurantees the guys I hire are better than than the bad boys .... Thats why we have the event,to see who are the best ... These guys can then offer their services as Mercenaries if they want

Rith
26-08-03, 11:41
GM's are probably tied up with a backlog of help requests... ;)

Besides the player events I've been to have been vastly superior to the GM events I've attended...

Hire Mercs - we solve almost all your problems :)

Crest
26-08-03, 11:45
Hmmm Dunno if I get value for moeny with Merc, I recon at the event many are gonna die anyway hehe :)

SnowCrash
26-08-03, 11:55
If you want to host any ingame events that need assistance by the GM Team, you need to contact your counsellor and adress your concept to him/her. Normally the counsellor already has enough possibilities to assist you with your events. If additional GM assistance is needed, the counsellor can easily contact the Event & Content Team.

Crest
26-08-03, 12:16
Originally posted by SnowCrash
If you want to host any ingame events that need assistance by the GM Team, you need to contact your counsellor and adress your concept to him/her. Normally the counsellor already has enough possibilities to assist you with your events. If additional GM assistance is needed, the counsellor can easily contact the Event & Content Team.

Ok so let me get this right,

I create an event,
I then ask the mods (forum mods) for some guidance on procedures, they give me what they have,

I give the Gm's what i think is plenty of notice,

So now we have been given another set of procedures. Guys I know KK are trying to do a profesional job here, and it works most of the time.

I will contact my faction counsellor, I assume he can handle events for the whole server and not just faction related....

Could we have a list of faction counsellor on the servers please. Can we also inform the mods of these procedures, as I have wasted a week to get things going .....

Thanks to the Mods for their help.... I appriciate it, id thanks man

Nidhogg
26-08-03, 12:34
As you know, GMs and events are not my thing - I just look after the forums. I was not aware of the procedure, nor strictly do I need to be aware, so I was just helping you in whatever way I could. Sorry if I put you on the wrong track.

N

IronMonkey
26-08-03, 12:41
crest no offense man, but you need to cut these people some slack. They volunteer to help you. Hell ive been playing 3 months and ive seen more than my share of GM's. If you went to the ebach event you had the chance to see almost every GM on saturn as well as the event team and also some KK guys.

Crest
26-08-03, 13:47
Ok maybe I should look at the events forum , or where the events are published (Someone remind me again). This is probably the reason why i keep missing the events on Saturn (Remind me when the last one was).

Can you establish where this is posted. I downloaded the game from Neocron web site, so I dont have the manual, I am sure it was [published in there, as I dont have one I cant check this.

Nid...I appriciate what you did, the info you gave. Should you know the procedures, thats not for me to decide, but thanks again.

I will follow the procedures spelled before me, and let use see what comes of it.

As for cutting slack, I am trying to do something, somthing that I think could be fun. I want to ensure that it has the best results possible, and could become a weeklyu event.

I accpt obsticles and try to resolve them. When a new one is prominent , I analyse and resolve. One way of doing this is gaining an understanding. thats what I am doing.

If soemthing is wrong, and everyone knows its wrong, but no one does anything, how is it fixed ? The post is to identify the potential problem, and fix it....

Remember before this thread, I had sent e-maisl to GM Events, Runner events and had no feed back. Now I have another avenue to explore, so the thread has brought through some results. I have learnt and will use this from here, next time some one asks, how to get support from a GM I will be able to tell them

Contact your counsellor and adress your concept to him/her

greendonkeyuk
26-08-03, 13:48
why do you need to hire a clan? why not just ask your mates to keep an eye on the place. If the event is popular enough wont the "punters" take care of any trouble makers themselves?

On uranus all the events and fightnights and stuff ive been to have been polite and orderly, any hint of bad apple or nefarious deed was put down straight away.

Dependant on what it is youre wanting to do maybe you could hold it in a warzone..... that way at least if you do have to start busting heads at least you wont lose faction sympathies for it.

If the event is spoiled by people then youve got 2 choices. Either dont do another event or alternatively if you do do one then make sure those people dont get made to feel welcome at the next one.

Do you have any black dragon clans on your server? Im sure theyd look after your events, theyre enemy to half the rest of the population so i doubt theyd have a problem pullin the trigger on some idiot ruining everyones fun!

Crest
26-08-03, 14:09
Possible all this is in vain and all goes well...

I do believe though that different servers have different players and different rules.... Mebbe its so mebbe its not ....

Syntax-Error
26-08-03, 14:15
ull also find that the GMS are fairly overworked as it is. so they may not have even got to your e-mails yet (i heard one say he gets 100+ a day) so best thing contact ure FC or one of his assistants to help sort it.

Crest
27-08-03, 13:38
Originally posted by SnowCrash

Ok so I go online last night. I have to chars in 2 factions. I ask on both factions channels , 1 being protopharm, the other being tangent.

What Do I ask, something in line with
'Does anyone Know who our Faction Councelour is or how to get hold of them'

I did this cause hey, I am following the guidelines above. So thats 2xFactions .
What do I get back, on one faction channel nothing, the other .... a response saying something like. Post on general forums and they will get back to you.

Now I thank the person for the advice, I have not yet done this, but will do this tonight. I am chasing my tail here. Could We please be notified who our Faction Councelours Are, Who our GM's Are For the reasons I have stated .....

I could start Hounding the GM's I do know (Or heard about). What I was rather looking forward to was a GM, Faction Councelour Taking the initiative , but that doe snot seem to be the case ....

Anyway for all you guys that helped thanks, for all you guys that flamed , one day when you ask for help or post something similiar, I would just simply paost (hehe) and you will know you been GM owned

Nidhogg
27-08-03, 13:51
There's a sticky (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227) about Faction Counsellors including all the information you require (there's a link to the RP forum at the bottom of Snow's post where you will find more information).

N

P.S. FYI, the last event on Saturn was Monday night, as it was on all servers.

Crest
27-08-03, 14:18
Thanks Nidhogg, once again your help is always welcome

I have emailed the TT Councelours, lets see what comes of it. I did notice according to the post that there were no TT or Proto Rep Assitance of Saturn, hence the reason why no one knew who they are

Anyway we see what comes from that ... thanks again Nid

Just 1 more question, I never looked in these forums at the player events, I have mades sure my posting is linked there now.

Wher eare the events you mentioned above , how do I find out about them. There was nothing in there ofr monday night (That I saw, i back tracked for 5 days) ... Please do tell

Crest
29-08-03, 12:06
The staps I have fllwed to get to a dead end.
This is over the last 2 weeks. Nid did help, and Snow Crash gave some assistance too, but as of yet this has proved useless

1) Got contacts / emails, and emailed the Advised people with no response
2) Inquiried online in game and out for te new procedures.
3) Tried to contact the FC in game
4) Mailed the FC out of game based on a sticky posted before
5) Posted in the various forums

These actions are based on what has been psoted here. Every lead has been tested and yet no one, not a GM, a GM's friend, a GM's Friends Friends, GM's cat or dog, or even the GM's little pet snake called Booo , has come back to me saying, no you wasting our time, or yes Creating events for runners is a nice thing we can help you.

No one has come back and said, the way to orginize an event sis xxxxx
No one has told me how to go ahead abd find out where GM hosted events are advertised so I can be involved .....

I ask 1 question and seek an answer
Why, oh why do we have GM's....

neophotographer
29-08-03, 12:20
Originally posted by Crest
The staps I have fllwed to get to a dead end.
This is over the last 2 weeks. Nid did help, and Snow Crash gave some assistance too, but as of yet this has proved useless

1) Got contacts / emails, and emailed the Advised people with no response
2) Inquiried online in game and out for te new procedures.
3) Tried to contact the FC in game
4) Mailed the FC out of game based on a sticky posted before
5) Posted in the various forums

These actions are based on what has been psoted here. Every lead has been tested and yet no one, not a GM, a GM's friend, a GM's Friends Friends, GM's cat or dog, or even the GM's little pet snake called Booo , has come back to me saying, no you wasting our time, or yes Creating events for runners is a nice thing we can help you.

No one has come back and said, the way to orginize an event sis xxxxx
No one has told me how to go ahead abd find out where GM hosted events are advertised so I can be involved .....

I ask 1 question and seek an answer
Why, oh why do we have GM's....

*gives you a hug cause you obviously need one*

Wish you were able to be helped some more.

Stacey

Lord Mansion
29-08-03, 12:28
It is a lie, faction counsellors do not exist.

Crest
29-08-03, 12:34
They do, just not the faction you belong to hehe

Penzius
29-08-03, 12:56
Since you emailed me initially, I guess I can answer this.

The email from you did arrive to me, and I did flag it for attention, but because of the way the email system is set up I can't reply to you through email.

I forwarded it on, but there was obviously some confusion and it got overlooked.

For the record, runnerevents@neocron.com does not exist.

Not being responsible for the Faction Counsellors, I can't tell you why you recieved no reply from them, but if you tell me who you contacted I can do my best to chase that up for you.

Unfortunately I can't personally offer you assistance for the event this evening but I am happy to do all I can to try and arrange something with you.

Crest
29-08-03, 17:09
I am the first to point out a problem, and the first to say thanks (I hope)

Ok Yes we have GM's.
they do lots for us, and support us even when we don't know it....

Thanks to GM team
Thanks to Vladimir for his feed back

Guys what can I say, I still and always had confidence in you