PDA

View Full Version : Tweak some of the first generation vehicles!

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 08:03
Yes, I think I figured out this poll thing! Arcadius watch out! :D :lol:

Well, now with the second generation of vehicles coming out - the gliders and the combat versions, I think it's time that the first generation of vehicles should get a bit of a makeover.

Let's see, for one - The NExT Reveler really should do more damage with it's gun than the NExT 4x4, since the Reveler has more advanced everything from speed to armor... it would only make sense that the gun got an upgrade as well. Let's be mild about it though - say a 10%-15% increase in damage.

For another - the APC gun really shouldn't be a machine gun. In my opinion, it should be something like double-cannon machine gun (yeah, twice the rof but twice the ammo drain) or grenade launcher. For my money, I say go for the grenade launcher for its AoE and ability to lob grenades over walls... For after all, isnt the APC for area control - bringing in large amounts of people to one spot - so shouldn't it get an oomph in how it can defend its occupants or in providing cover fire for the occupants to unload from the vehicle under?

Next one - I can't believe there's only one chassis color in the two-seater cars. At least let the unarmed version have three color choices, maybe four - the old cherry red, sea green (yeah, inspired by that ad I saw in the NEMA a bit ago - I *LOVED* that color! :D), bright blue like that noob wheeler bike, and perhaps... dare I say it... BLACK! Hell yeah! It would be so SIMPLE to implement it... just have a key for each color choice, so the ASG guy won't have to go nuts selling them, eh? Hey, if another choice would be available, get a yellow one up too! Then you spies got your stealth vehicle when you're out in the desert! :D

Next one - The blue noob wheeler bike really should have a bit lower requirements. I say let the VEC requirement be at 5 - 10 VEC and 5 INT (well, lower than the current requirement for it), so curious newbies won't have to break the skillpoint bank to try one out and pop a LOM if they won't like it. I mean, when one has leveled up enough to use a wheeler bike, they probably WALK faster than that bike (ehh... who would argue against me on that one, eh?). At least make it accessible to utter noobs, heh heh.

Next one - The APC *needs* (no, its not just I "want", it's definitely critical) a real speed boost. Make it at least keep up with a jeep vehicle. I don't care what anyone's arguement is - it was made to MOVE people fast and in a group PLUS with something resembling defense for said group!

Ah, that covers most of it, I think. Anyone like it or not?

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 14:48
Oh, and it would be nice if you put your reasons down *if* you say anything other than unconditional agreement :D

Krll
26-08-03, 14:52
I think they are still due to have some weapon and armour upgrades (from the test server)... not sure though.

I was the one who voted yes for some of the things, because as I said, I think some are still due to come anyway. :)

I don't like the idea of grenade launcher on APC 'cos the grenade launchers suck IMO. Hard to hit anything and do no damage worth noting. The 30mm cannon is ok I think. (bearing in mind I only use APC for mob hunting :) )

-Krll

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 15:03
that's not true... grenades (and artiellery) do DoT damage when they have poison, fire, or xray mod...

I think the TL 44-something player-held one does some decent damage, and so, the practically TL 100 APC would be kicking some serious ass with its grenade launcher, right?

and I would *love* it if APCs had grenade launchers, because then attackers would use all sorts of tactics to get them near the OPs to bomb it with grenades arcing over the walls, and thus, take out turrets and weaken the defenders.

hey - there will be an airborne bomber (I think that's the DoY gliders line) , why not a land-bound one, that the Neocron forces get?

it's not *that* hard to hit stuff with grenades, and exactness isnt really required with AoE, eh?

Krll
26-08-03, 15:06
Doh! Sorry, I just realised that the poll option actually says "Yes, but not your ideas"... I thought it said "Yes, but only some of your ideas". Sorry about that.

Originally posted by Heavyporker
hey - there will be an airborne bomber (I think that's the DoY gliders line) , why not a land-bound one, that the Neocron forces get?

it's not *that* hard to hit stuff with grenades, and exactness isnt really required with AoE, eh?

The little red sportscar is going to have a grenade launcher version. I can see swarms of those being used to take out turrets like you describe. :)

-Krll

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 15:23
ROFL! I think that an APC version would be like three times as powerful as those little itty bitty things, and have FAR more armor.

But yeah, those little cars would be FAST... I use one all the times to haul ass when I have a client that wants me to drive to CRP or some desert village...