PDA

View Full Version : -32 soul light :(

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-08-03, 07:19
ok Because of a moron I have -32 soul light. I heard this was bad, what must I do to get back up to at least - 15 ?

Retro V
26-08-03, 07:22
do clop missions at MB (long procedure)

Spoon
26-08-03, 07:24
Do missions, the harder the missions the faster it'll go , I believe...

Just find a Copbot free place to do them at.....

Retro V
26-08-03, 07:27
chester lab has easy access to and fro from the citycom underground if u dont wanna run into pkers

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-08-03, 07:45
thanks a lot guys. ill be back in tha game in notime ;)

Dardalion
26-08-03, 07:48
I have the same problem, my SL was at -34 but after 7 Very Hard Launcher missions its now only on -32.

Somehow I did manage to run from a Copbot as it hit me with 2 clips - I hobbled through a door in Via 3 on 2 health to safety :P

ronaz
26-08-03, 07:52
Ohh been naughty have ya? :angel:

Crest
26-08-03, 11:20
Another way is leave your self logged in plaza 1 over night. Soul Light and Faction Sympathy will increase

Dardalion
26-08-03, 11:36
Not with Copbots wanting to ream ur ass u cant - plus I did leave my account logged overnight for 7 jours and no change to SL but symps did all go up by 1 point

El_MUERkO
26-08-03, 11:36
I went from +92 to -9 from 1 kill.

Thats a joke, there should be a maximum amount of SL you can loose per kill, say 30, this would allow people to get vengence on those that PK & PKers to on killing sprees, the price you pay is the long slogg to get your SL back up.

MI2k1
26-08-03, 12:06
if u got the money make recycle missions. u just buy all chems they want at a vendor. expensive but fastest way i know.

thats why its always good to have high fa and cm symp.

greendonkeyuk
26-08-03, 12:36
it may sometimes take a couple of missions to get 1 sl point though. The same thing happened to me the other night and i lost -23 sl. i had to do a couple of missions and then it started goin back up. i left my char logged in my appt and it slowly startd to go back up.

Devils Grace
26-08-03, 14:39
i usually got like -10 -11 SL on my tank (dont ask me why8| )
but i never do missions, i just keep playing lvling or having fun.

the SL goes to 0 in like 2 hours.

ok i know its diferent with -34 SL kuz if u get killed u will lose everything but i think the key is not to stop, and u gain sl faster the nsit down in ur apart loged all night, orrrrrrrr do lots of missions.

nEo-1664
26-08-03, 14:47
ok, why does everyone moan when they all have -32 soul-light........... for christs sake!!!!!!! -100 is teh ultimate screw :/ and admitantly, is was my fault, so i just re-rolled. if you gonna go round being a n00b PK'er, then dont come running what to do when you realise that at -32 or worse soul-light, you feel pretty lonely and screwed over :/

nEo-1664/Ole

Dardalion
26-08-03, 15:08
Originally posted by nEo-1664
ok, why does everyone moan when they all have -32 soul-light........... for christs sake!!!!!!! -100 is teh ultimate screw :/ and admitantly, is was my fault, so i just re-rolled. if you gonna go round being a n00b PK'er, then dont come running what to do when you realise that at -32 or worse soul-light, you feel pretty lonely and screwed over :/

nEo-1664/Ole

I dont remember PK'ing any noobs - I accidently killed a couple of vendors using AOE vs a Chaser and uts spawn.

Dont assume everyone is like you :rolleyes:

Crest
26-08-03, 16:26
Originally posted by Dardalion
I dont remember PK'ing any noobs - I accidently killed a couple of vendors using AOE vs a Chaser and uts spawn.

Dont assume everyone is like you :rolleyes:

I heat that if you said sorry to the vendors, you gain + 56 SL .... Is this true ?

enablerbr
26-08-03, 16:29
about hardness of missions making SL raise faster. not with the tests i've been doing. both normal missions and veryhard missions gave the same rate of SL raise.

Scikar
26-08-03, 16:39
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
ok Because of a moron I have -32 soul light. I heard this was bad, what must I do to get back up to at least - 15 ?

You'll need to do a mission or two to get it above -32. After that it will go up on it's own, though it's quite slow from -32. I would suggest that you just keep doing missions to supplement the rise if you can, once you get closer to 0 it goes up much quicker. Once you're past 0 it will climb up to it's original value, which seems to be pretty much just the highest SL you've ever had.

EDIT: Also all missions were changed in the last patch, so that any mission, regardless of difficulty or type, should give 1 SL point. However the true value appears to be a fraction of that, but they are all the same, so your best bet is to do whichever missions you can do the fastest (this is why LCs are good, because the MB spawn is reliable).

Dardalion
26-08-03, 16:52
Its pretty reliable where im doing mine too :)

My apt is full of Advanced Legs, Arms Feet etc atm and loads of Hearts and Lvl 1 chips which I will give to noobs in P1 when Im able to go there without being shot at :P

Spy<VS>Spy
26-08-03, 17:08
ha, negitive 32 soul light? please thats like one rhino run to el farid man. after a long night of shooting gang you would think big iguana's would be on the endangered species list.

i really feeel bad for protofarm, those guys get hit up for SL with everyone. blackdragon is the best faction to get away with ripping people up, the best thing is if your FS isnt high enough to do the very hard missions you can find an HQ to shoot up some employee's or guards and shoot it right back up there.

Spoon
26-08-03, 18:30
Originally posted by enablerbr
about hardness of missions making SL raise faster. not with the tests i've been doing. both normal missions and veryhard missions gave the same rate of SL raise.

What was your SL to start with?

I've been getting conflicting results with Missions and the SL recieved from them..

On one of my characters with about +25 SL doing "Hard" aggy missions, I was getting about 1 SL per mission..

On another character, one with +65 SL, doing "very easy" sewer rat missions, it took like 4 or 5 missions to raise my SL by 1.
Then, when doing "hard" aggy missions with this same character, I'd get +1 SL at least every other mission, sometimes it would go up for 2 missions in a row, then the next mission, it wouldn't go up.

I also noticed that when doing missions, I would get +1 Faction Sympathy for every mission I did, till I hit 33 FS(the point where your FS turns green in your F6 menu), then it would take two missions to get one FS point.

It makes me think there is a plateau you hit with SL, like when you hit 33 with faction sympathy.
IE; you gain +1 SL for every mission till you hit 33 SL, regardless of the difficulity of the mission, after +33 SL mission difficulity becomes a factor?, maybe something like ?

enablerbr
26-08-03, 18:35
well i noticed that from 0 to 15+ sl you get 4 points from any mission. then it slowly goes down hill point wise. till it took over 8 missions to raise sl from 99+ to 100+.

S a W
26-08-03, 22:25
I had to reroll my monk for having -87 SL on thursday :(

whifix
26-08-03, 22:39
I have a researcher who helped a few people get from nasty negative SL's on Saturn. Think -92 was the highest I've helped out. Research missions are the way to go if you can get to the HQ and if you dont have to leave the HQ to complete the mission.

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-08-03, 22:48
you know this is probly the most popular thread I ever started :/

ok im back up to -12 now and that's good enough for me.

this was the first time I went below -15 and it was because some asshole was in chaos caves talkin mad shit and attacking my team.I dispatched him and his cohort and he came back again talkin mad shit again. I was a bit twisty so I had no patience to just let it be.But I pk every day .....a LOT :D hehe and I only attack red people, in other words enemy factions.

This particular moron was no faction, I now learned that killing a no faction makes u loose SL.

vanpan
27-08-03, 00:58
Patch #185 Notes

- Soullight-gain für Missionen ist jetzt immer genau 1 Soullight Punkt, unabhängig von Schwierigkeit der Mission und eigenem Soullight.

Soullight gain for missions now always exactly 1 Soullight is independent point, of difficulty of the mission and the own Soullight.

sorry for the babelfish

whifix
27-08-03, 02:21
Wasn't SL gain from missions always 1 point? Unless you did medium missions or lower, then it was randomly 0 or 1 SL gain per mission.