PDA

View Full Version : Pluto WorldMap Video

Carinth
26-08-03, 06:30
After at least 3 weeks I've gathered about 40 pictures of Pluto's World Map. This shows how the factions flow around the map taking and losing ops. I tossed in a soundtrack for kicks ; )
I plan on keeping even more screen shots and making a longer version in another month or so. It's not that exciting of a video, but interesting to see the way clans fight back and forth for ops.

It's encoded with DivX 4 video and Mp3 audio, so you may need to download apropriate codecs.
World Map Video (http://www.g0dsoft.com/worldmap.avi)

Enjoy!

PS.
Coeus and some others think it would look better with some more editing, but since I have 0 artistic talent I leave that up to them. So I might be posting a newer version soon if they come up with somthing good : )

PSS.
Much lub to G0d for lettin me host on his site!!!!! <3

Tycho C
26-08-03, 06:35
Cool. Interesting choice of music, but it still works:D

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 06:36
Hmm... I havent looked at the vid... but... hmm...

That's quite an interesting concept... tracking the way OPs have been taken.

Because we're talking about strategic value here...

Psychoninja
26-08-03, 06:39
Nice carinth :D

G.0.D.
26-08-03, 06:44
yeah sweet vid, great idea

Double plus good

Arcadius
26-08-03, 07:03
*pulls out his light saber*

KidWithStick
26-08-03, 07:05
Originally posted by Arcadius

:confused:

Marzola
26-08-03, 09:25
Originally posted by Arcadius

8| I'm scared

RayBob
26-08-03, 09:30
Why can I see GOD's movies easily but not this one? Is it the codec?

Archeus
26-08-03, 09:38
Nice..

What you should do is blend the changing instead of flipping, and then have the camera zoom to an op, then fade over to a fight scence at that op then fade back to the map.

So it gives more of an impression of a war going on.

SorkZmok
26-08-03, 09:51
Actually, its just 2 Factions (Clans? i dont know) fighting about the same OPs all the time....

G.0.D.
26-08-03, 10:56
RayBob I believe its in divx... u can get the divx codec at divx.com

Eckel
26-08-03, 15:22
How many days is that over Carinth?

Dark Asmodius
26-08-03, 15:36
I remember that time.....its when NDA was trying to take DR's core ops of chester, emmerson, and avenger. NDA would take the ops during the day while I was at work and we would take them back during the evening when most of DR's members online.....good times, good times.

SeXeD HeXeD
26-08-03, 15:49
lol DR... all i can say is... ninja :o

tkNukem
26-08-03, 16:00
omfg don't get this thread closed sexed hexed :P

i'm lacking in the creativity sext0r as well, but methinks it would be more impressive to have the clan names fade...and plz download the worldmap of neocron.ems.ru !! it's better eye candy than that orange and black crap that shows only vertical and horizontal lines of path and misplaced zones o_O o_O

Genty
26-08-03, 17:08
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Actually, its just 2 Factions (Clans? i dont know) fighting about the same OPs all the time....

Erm, you got the right file right? On My worldmap video there are many different factions and clans involved, main ones may be TS, TG, TT and FA but there are BT, CA, CM and even NeXT involved, also now there is a Crahn revoloution (FA clan moved to Crahn so now the map is looking a weird colour.)

Cyphor (Ash)
26-08-03, 22:07
If this movie could have it's name changed, I'd call it NeoRisk :D

thewarrior008
26-08-03, 22:23
it says corupt file cant wath it

KramerTheWeird
27-08-03, 01:23
I woulda preferred Respighi - Pines of Rome :p

I notice that a few of the locations are left unoticed for the most part and the main conflict was between NDA and TG clans and one TS. Interesting to look at it over three weeks, with no exact winner seen.

Bosk
27-08-03, 02:00
Cool idea Carinth. Now I've got a new Codec too. :D

Omnituens
27-08-03, 03:08
City Mercs werent really active during the making of that movie were they :D

DonnyJepp
27-08-03, 03:17
Check out planetside's live action-map with history:

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/worlds.jsp?action=change_world&worldId=3

very neat stuff, with replays. Only goes back 24 hours though. For application to NC I'd expect at least 7 days of history if not a whole month, kno'whumsaying?

PS OMG I POSTED BEFORE ARC
:p

Birkoff
27-08-03, 03:31
LOL, and dark don't lsoe a single OP (ones they normally own) during the whoel thing :)

wolfwood
27-08-03, 05:11
when i try to watch it i dont get and pictures, only music

wolfwood
27-08-03, 05:24
ok got it working, and i would like to point out that over the course of that movie practically all the ops that were tt's were NDA's

Malek
27-08-03, 08:07
Originally quoted by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
We got rousing games of stratego... risk... this is Risk... which is normally played indoors by 12 year olds.

Cool video btw, I laughed.

Geth
27-08-03, 09:45
Nice work Carinth, and though it isn't your fault, I still wish that the map had better colours to it. I get the feeling I am watching mold grow in fastward on baby food. interesting but nausating. :p

GT_Rince
27-08-03, 11:18
Originally posted by Cyphor (Ash)
If this movie could have it's name changed, I'd call it NeoRisk :D

lol :lol: