PDA

View Full Version : the ''PPUs are overpowerd'' threads are p*ssing me off...

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 00:54
OK guys, lets give it a break yea? whats the damn point in screaming NURF TEH PPU's ! over and over, jesus christ, is it like screaming for something to be nerfed is on a rota, siomething new each bloody month. Thing is guys, you Nerf the PPU, you nerf yourself :) you ever thought about that? nah didnt bloody think so O_o

You ner the PPU because theyr over powerd then why not nerf the APU because theyr overpowerd O_o both PSi subclasses are meant to be best at defence and offence respectively, the APU has amazing damage capabilities, and the PPU is pure defence, some people say OMGOMG NURF PPU's THEY CAN USE A DAMAGE BOOST AND A TL 38 SMG OH FUCKING NOZ ITS TOO UBAR FOR ME!!111 O_o but come on guys think for a second, take away their ability to buff people and it will kill PvP, some tart even suggested making all PPU buffs self only, hahaha whats the point in that O_o. now look, the PPU is a full support char, they are there as a medic, to heal, keep you alive, and rez you if everything goes pearshaped... they are not the end all and be all of offence O_o. Take away their ability to be a buff bitch and that nerfs everyone else as they loose shelters heals and deflectors aswell! This will fuck up pvp to the point that who ever shoots first wins, just like the days of everyone having holy para from freezer cannons/rifles/pistols. nobody would be buffed, everybody taking 50-150 damage a shot O_o duels would last 10 seconds, OP fights 2 minutes... whats the god damned point!

Now for the love of crahn stop crying nerf the PPUs because at the end of the day youll only be nerfing your own char.

oh and Arc, makes me laugh that a APU should scream nerf at a PPU, other than a PPU what heals does a APU have? Med kits? :lol: !

Arcadius
26-08-03, 00:58
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

oh and Arc, makes me laugh that a APU should scream nerf at a PPU, other than a PPU what heals does a APU have? Med kits? :lol: !

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLORLORLOFLOFO

Dude, I do fine without a ppu. It's when the enemy has a ppu that I need one.

as for the rest of your post, well I basically disagree fenix. You're entitled to your opinion. ;)

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 01:01
Originally posted by Arcadius
as for the rest of your post, well I basically disagree fenix. You're entitled to your opinion. ;)

we know your entitled to yours aswell :rolleyes: look at the top 30 posts in english forum, about 10 are yours :rolleyes:

Arcadius
26-08-03, 01:03
we know your entitled to yours aswell :rolleyes: look at the top 30 posts in english forum, about 10 are yours :rolleyes:

Top 30 posts? :confused:

mdares
26-08-03, 01:03
dunt understand the dependence on ppus... i've often played without one in large scale arrangements... there are some who absolutely refuse to play without a ppu but thats just not me...

I play a apu; never gone anywhere with a ppu tapped to my ass...

I play a tank... well... a tank... erm.... dont really need a ppu that much...

I play a spy; a ppu would be nice beh eh i'm born gimped and i accept it.

so wut if ppus are nerfed/tweaked/toned down... but i dont think ppus should be removed as they are the other side to psi... (soz but i aint as radical as Arc)

PPUs need to be toned but dont need to be removed...

Sleawer
26-08-03, 01:04
Fényx I agree with you; heals and shields should no be removed or toned down anymore. But the ppu monk needs some tweaking, maybe some balance. I think ppu's who play other classes should make a thread and discuss between them where is the problem.

And for God's sake, stop starting more of these threads, atm I'm tracking 4 threads about the same subject.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 01:06
I think ppus should be tweaked. *makes 2 more threads*

:p

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 01:06
Originally posted by mdares

thats kinda what I mean, most people are saying nerf them to shit or make their spells self cast only O_o the point in them then would be nothing other than a rez bitch O_o

The weapons in this game at higher level cause silly damage, take away all buffs and that would practically mean insta gib fights... the fun in that being ?

Scikar
26-08-03, 01:07
It would be OK if it wasn't for parashock really. Even the ppus want it removed now. If there was no parashock, and as long as I could still outdamage a holy heal that was casted on another player, I could fight without a ppu. But that's the time I need one - so that when I get parashocked there's someone to unstick me because speed is life.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 01:07

The weapons in this game at higher level cause silly damage, take away all buffs and that would practically mean insta gib fights... the fun in that being ?

Making PvP last longer is something the devs should have thought about in the beginning. It shouldn't be achieved that way ONLY with a subclass of a class. Otherwise people without that class are fucked.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 01:09
Making PvP last longer is something the devs should have thought about in the beginning. It shouldn't be achieved that way ONLY with a subclass of a class. Otherwise people without that class are fucked.

*sigh*

ok nerf the CS, Lib, RoG, PE, HL, FireApoc, Every damn weapon in the game down to shit and THEN take out PPU's... o_O !

Arcadius
26-08-03, 01:10
*sigh*

ok nerf the CS, Lib, RoG, PE, HL, FireApoc, Every damn weapon in the game down to shit and THEN take out PPU's... o_O !

You could tone down the damage ALL(every single one) weapons do in PvP, then NO gun woudl be nerfed the woudl still be the same in relation to each other.

Or give everyone a health boost.

etc.....

DOWN WITH PPUS!

GT_Rince
26-08-03, 01:12
The art of killing PPU's...

Get Holy Anti Buff - they cannot do anything about that, and drop real fast :) Just seen that in action properly for the 1st time - very impressive :)

Mr Friendly
26-08-03, 01:32
jah, seriously, u lil bitches that have been screamin nerf the monk, then nerf the hybrids & now nerf the ppus??

my god, if i see another, its gonna get spammed to death

kurai
26-08-03, 03:55
thats kinda what I mean, most people are saying nerf them to shit . . . I don't think most people are saying that.

There is an unrealistic minority, sure, but then there's always some fucktard in any group that thinks his opinion will count for more if he screams it louder and longer and is more extreme than anyone else.

Majority of people are asking for a reasonable "tweak" ... but some of the PPUs (see earlier loud/long fucktard remark) scream that *any* change would be a massive death-dealing nerf, and the whole PPU class would all curl up and die or something.

It's *a* tactic, I guess ... scream like a bitch for some unreasonable extreme while the other end of the spectrum does the same ... and hope that some compromise is met in the middle.

However - be aware it makes one sound like a two year old with nappy rash throwing a tantrum on the supermarket floor.

(The people *still* holding a grudge that their utterly unreasonably overpowered hybrids got scaled back to something approaching balance are a case in point)

ZigZag
26-08-03, 04:40
All we need to do is nerf Arc's ability to post - then we wil have peace.

He sees it purely from a "ppu-at-op-war vs his clan" - PPU's can and are killed at op wars vs other clans - just take a lil time and think about it. In pvp games its not unheard of to use tactics.

Most nefs are asked for because ppl havent explored all the ways to counter the class or whatever they think needs nerfing.

NErf ARc!

SovKhan
26-08-03, 04:46
i don get what he has to complain about he can debuff. maybe since apu's can debuff u should nerf there 170+ specilization bonus. laf

Arcadius
26-08-03, 04:54
Originally posted by ZigZag
All we need to do is nerf Arc's ability to post - then we wil have peace.

He sees it purely from a "ppu-at-op-war vs his clan" - PPU's can and are killed at op wars vs other clans - just take a lil time and think about it. In pvp games its not unheard of to use tactics.

Most nefs are asked for because ppl havent explored all the ways to counter the class or whatever they think needs nerfing.

NErf ARc!

Well zig i don't think you know how to read or analyze properly. Trust me zig, I kill alot of ppus. Hell I killed ghandi by myself, lol :p. I know ppus are killed, i'm great at killing them or helping them die. But that doesn't change the fact that I feel the class is tooooo important and needs to be removed.

I don't see purely from the perspective you proposed, you're just assuming why I feel a certain way. You know what they say about people to assume.

Here let me explain it once again. You NEED a ppu if the enemy has one. You don't NEED a pe, tank, or spy if the enemy has one. I think that's a problem, especially for people who are unlucky enough not to know too many ppus or to be in a clan with very few ppus. You don't really add anything to any discussion either zig, all you do is say "NERF NERFING" or "I"M ANTI NERF".

Well guess what kiddo, sometimes you have to nerf. Just like the overpowered hybrids needed nerfing. I swear, KK could accidently boost the wyatt earp so it kills in one shot and you would say "OMG DON'T NERF IT. NERFING IS BAD LLOOLO I WON'T GIVE ANY REASONS THOUGH, JUST GIVE SARCASTIC ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME LOLOLO"

Fawkes
26-08-03, 04:56
take away their ability to buff people and it will kill PvP

lol :rolleyes:

Kendo Averly
26-08-03, 05:30
Even the ppus want it removed now

Erm, I don't :P

PPU's have a counter towards paralysis, everyone else has the drug which counters it.

Oh that's right, you people forget drugs, yeah? ;) Maybe it's the counter-action which needs tweaking. Because if I can slowdown <enter enemy trying to kill me here> to get away, it helps a great deal :P

SovKhan
26-08-03, 05:33
they are getting annoying

Sleawer
26-08-03, 05:44
I never forget my drugs, but if I'm shocked, I seriously doubt I can live to see the final effect of the drug.

It's not a viable counter measure, except of course if you have 450+ health, it allows you to run away to the next GR or the nearest safe zone.

Make drugs a prevent effect tool, and then we will talk about them as a valid resource.

Rai Wong
26-08-03, 05:58
umm why not nerf? try killing a buffed PPU with a PE and a spy....its like firing at sandbags..the problem is only an APU can deal with a PPU, only an APU can kill cloaked people. Only PPU can heal, res and play support. My primary point is that monks can do too much. APU has an impressive array of spells, and so does PPU.

An OP war is simply lost because the other side has an extra PPU or APU. Every class should have equal abilities, but right now monks just can do about everything. (in a combat situation).Not to mention they get those cool trench coats too :P

and then with all the advantages, it requires no skill to play you don't even need to aim. How is a droner meant to kill a PPU or APU. You want to kill the PPU in the opposing team, because he makes the rest of the team unkillable then you can't kill the PPU himself. To balance the battle you need to have monks on your side, but another PE doesn't make a difference.

I haven't even started whining about my drones yet...and how they get killed by PPU by constant blinding me, or even better APU just click my drone once or twice..

Arcadius
26-08-03, 06:01
You're correct Rai. That's why ULTIMATELY my suggestion is to remove parashocks and holy level spells, then make all monks hybrids and tweak them if needed.

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 06:02
Uh.. Rai Wong.. I strongly disagree with you.

APUs aren't the only ones that can deal with stealthers, thank you.

APUs aren't the only ones that can deal with PPUs, thank you.

I have NEVER, believe me, NEVER heard that an OP was lost because one side had an extra APU.

By Crahn, if I ever heard that, I would thrill with joy.

APUs *don't* have an impressive array of spells... I mean, shit, tell me what's the variety?! Lesse... bolt, blast, lance, barrel, halo, and beam versions of three damage types, a lance type of force, some ridiculous handful of antibuffs.... We're almost solely damage dealer...

Cyphor
26-08-03, 06:06
I agree enough is enough already, yes we are all entitled to an opionion, but the threads are being started by the same minority of people who constanly start new threads on the topic, re-wording how they go about it. The forum rules shouldnt prevent double posts not just on the first page but in few day periods its getting beyond a joke no sooner does a thread go to page 2 and a new one begins. If its a new thread starter with a new opinion who missed the otheres then fair enough, but certain people just wont let it go even after they have discussed the same things round in cicles again and again! We all know how these people stand on the topic if they want to restate their oppionions they should do it in existing threads. :mad:

MrTrip
26-08-03, 06:11
What the hell is going on now? Wasnt it bad enough having to nerf the hybrids? Now APU cant even use the most basic heal. That took away alot of the reality of the game. Now nerf the PPU? What the FUCK have PPU's done to you? Next it will be NERF THE TANKS! THEY ARE TO STRONG!!!!! Or maybe even NERF THE PE! OMG PAIN EASER! WTF!?

Yeah....stfu about nerfs and learn to play the game.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 06:14
Originally posted by Cyphor
We all know how these people stand on the topic if they want to restate their oppionions they should do it in existing threads. :mad:

Because bumping is against DA rules.

And it isn't the same topic over and over, maybe similar but not the same.

Cyphor
26-08-03, 06:16
You're correct Rai. That's why ULTIMATELY my suggestion is to remove parashocks and holy level spells, then make all monks hybrids and tweak them if needed.

You do realise the apu would take a massive nerf in dmg if all were made hybrid, prob not quiet as harsh as a hybrid atm but still not too far off it... if so fair enough, i just prefer the choice in chars atm and the ability to go pure.

Cyphor
26-08-03, 06:17
Because bumping is against DA rules.

Thats because when they leave the main page they become inactive so why make more? When a thrread is inactive most people consider the point made and case closed. Very little new info is being added with the constant threads.

KidWithStick
26-08-03, 06:17
why should anything at all be nerfed anymore?

the only things that needed nerfing were hybrids...now that there out of the way...everything is perfect...

the 50% reduction in buffs was far enough with the nerfage...now it needs to end.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 06:21
NERF KIDWITHSTICK.

Thats because when they leave the main page they become inactive so why make more? When a thrread is inactive most people consider the point made and case closed. Very little new info is being added with the constant threads.

No, sometimes you wanna discuss a different ANGLE, or you wanna make a poll, etc....

You do realise the apu would take a massive nerf in dmg if all were made hybrid, prob not quiet as harsh as a hybrid atm but still not too far off it... if so fair enough, i just prefer the choice in chars atm and the ability to go pure.

Well it wouldn't be fair IMO to remove ppu and leave apu intact. I would prefer that, but if it takes removal of apu to get ppu removed as well, then in the name of balance i'm all for it.

Rai Wong
26-08-03, 09:20
i'm sorry if I made any one of you angry i'm only talking form my perspective of a 2 star droner and to me monks of my same level seem to be awfully more powerful and plz don't say monks die easily without buffs, my drones can't take any buffs and dies quick and my body is about as weak as any monk.

You have to understand I am only speaking from what it is like from a drones perspective. Maybe I was wrong about nerfing PPU and droners just need a boost, but I have talked to many and many agree monks are still awfully powerful.

I have duel (only agasint my drone) the equal level PPU and lost, and the equal level APU (alone) and lost, my drones can do little agaisnt these monks. And in an outpost war monks always fry my drones so you can sort of see why I have a special annoyance agaisnt them.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 09:40
Originally posted by Rai Wong
i'm sorry if I made any one of you angry i'm only talking form my perspective of a 2 star droner and to me monks of my same level seem to be awfully more powerful and plz don't say monks die easily without buffs, my drones can't take any buffs and dies quick and my body is about as weak as any monk.

You have to understand I am only speaking from what it is like from a drones perspective. Maybe I was wrong about nerfing PPU and droners just need a boost, but I have talked to many and many agree monks are still awfully powerful.

I have duel (only agasint my drone) the equal level PPU and lost, and the equal level APU (alone) and lost, my drones can do little agaisnt these monks. And in an outpost war monks always fry my drones so you can sort of see why I have a special annoyance agaisnt them.

but drones _DO_ need a big ass boost, PPU's do not need to be taken out of the game :|

Original monk
26-08-03, 10:26
Fenix i think youre anti-NERF-PPU thread became a NERF PPU thread, one of the many, i think this is 2 bad cause the intentions where good. Im also getting freaking tired of all the nerf PPU threads and scikar the NERF-PPU-DUDE.
Im not participating in NerF the PPU thread anymore so yust to make my point clear:

STAY OF THE PPU's PLEASE they are FINE as they are NOW

ty fo listening

Arcadius
26-08-03, 10:54
Scikar isn't a "nerf the ppu" dude. He just wants parashock removed. Err, I guess that is a nerf, but Scikar is one of the more "tame" ones.

Opiate
26-08-03, 11:13
I've tried to stay out of this discussion for a long time, but I can't anymore.

PPU's:
I've just recently started a PPU, and I love playing him. It's a very demanding job, but the rewards are excellent. The only thing that could have a little tweak is the PPUs own defense. I don't beleive that a PPU that can survive being blasted by 10 ppl is going to make the best PPU, it's the PPU that can support its troops the best that will decide the outcome of a battle. Parashocking is fine as it is, if you still get owned because of parashocks, get some skill. There are plenty of countermeasures for it. Remember that there is only one class dependant on a PPU in battle, the rest can live without a PPU on their back. I know I certainly did when I was playing my PE.

APU's:
A buffed up APU is the most powerfull person in the game. An APU without a PPU to back him up is useless in battles, except it, a PPU is just as useless on his own. The constant whining of "gimme at least a heal" is ridiculous, a PPU can't level on his own either. A high level APU is a perfect PPU killer, it just takes skill to take a buffed PPU down, but it surely isn't impossible.

Spies:
Spies that whine because they can't compete against a tank or APU in a duel should reroll to another class. Face it, a spy that goes toe-to-toe with anyone is a bad spy. The Gang has several spies, and they are an amazing contribution to the battle, but that's because they all use the skills that they are good at. A spy sniping from a good range can turn the tide of battle. A spy following your enemies progress towards the battle will have a devastating effect on the outcome. Remember that an unbuffed, unprepared group is a dead group. Droners need some loving, a piercing drone at the higher TLs will make them more valuable in PvP.

And one more thing:
Some ppl still think monks don't have to aim, you couldn't be more wrong. I can only assume these ppl haven't played a monk, or haven't used them in PvP. Ever tried parashocking an enemie running around in a group of 20 ppl circle-straffing eachother?

There was a battle last night at Tezla on Pluto which showed excellent use of all classes and their strengths. PPU went down on both sides regularly, only because of excellent teamwork.

2ply
26-08-03, 11:43
My opinion - Take parashocks out. None of this 'OMFG NERF TEH PPUS OMG THEY TOO POWERFUL!!!!!11'

Parashocks are a bitch in a op war. Been playing on saturn alot, and when it's about a 30 on 30, you get shocked, your dead. Period.

PPUs are fine the way they are right now. Just take out parashock. Then start giving the droners a boost for once. Out of all the classes/subskills, droners need the biggest boost.

I'll shut up about drones before this turns into a drone thread.

Opiate
26-08-03, 11:45
Originally posted by 2ply
Parashocks are a bitch in a op war. Been playing on saturn alot, and when it's about a 30 on 30, you get shocked, your dead. Period.
Anti-buff is a bitch in an OP war, once you're debuffed, you're dead. Take it out plz :rolleyes:

Take a pill. And I mean that seriously, take an anti stun drug and you'll be at top spedd in two seconds.

IronMonkey
26-08-03, 12:15
I asm really dissapointed with you arcadius you are on a binge trying to get PPU's nerfed just so you will be unstoppable. You have said it numerous times. Yetr you keep doing it. Not knowing what kind of damage you are inflicting to the community with this conquest of yours.

The more classes you get nerfed arc the more people will leave this game. Because this nerf cycle you are starting will never end. EVER. And its all because soemone with a pup is no longer instantly killable by you. And well in the end i hope you enjoy being the king of neocron.......all alone.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 12:21
Originally posted by IronMonkey
I asm really dissapointed with you arcadius you are on a binge trying to get PPU's nerfed just so you will be unstoppable. You have said it numerous times. Yetr you keep doing it. Not knowing what kind of damage you are inflicting to the community with this conquest of yours.

The more classes you get nerfed arc the more people will leave this game. Because this nerf cycle you are starting will never end. EVER. And its all because soemone with a pup is no longer instantly killable by you. And well in the end i hope you enjoy being the king of neocron.......all alone.

:lol:

....ahem....

Arcadius
26-08-03, 12:22

wtf??? I have said numerous times I want ppus to be nerfed so I can be unstoppable? That's a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg, I'm speechless.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 12:28
omg, I'm speechless.

hurrah !

Maybe we can go a week without a NERF TEH F00KIN GAME TO SHIT thread O_o

Original monk
26-08-03, 12:33
Scikar isn't a "nerf the ppu" dude. He just wants parashock removed. Err, I guess that is a nerf, but Scikar is one of the more "tame" ones.

Yust an example from previous posts concerning PPU nerfs, indeed he's tame but yust to put a name on it :P

again

Hey teacher, leave them kids alone pom pom pom

with other words

Hey KK, leave them PPU's alone

or boost the PPU -> make shelter 3 times stronger, make a shelter casted in combination with a deflector 3 times stronger and boost the holy heal and the sanctum, make catharsis sanctum work faster and let it be casted in safezones, ok TY KK
(i can dream can i ?)

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 12:43
Originally posted by Original monk
Yust an example from previous posts concerning PPU nerfs, indeed he's tame but yust to put a name on it :P

again

Hey teacher, leave them kids alone pom pom pom

with other words

Hey KK, leave them PPU's alone

or boost the PPU -> make shelter 3 times stronger, make a shelter casted in combination with a deflector 3 times stronger and boost the holy heal and the sanctum, make catharsis sanctum work faster and let it be casted in safezones, ok TY KK
(i can dream can i ?)

ONOZ ITS TEH PINK FLOYD ! :D they are great! atleast someone else around here listens to them :)

Original monk
26-08-03, 12:50
Originally posted by Opiate
Anti-buff is a bitch in an OP war, once you're debuffed, you're dead. Take it out plz :rolleyes:

remove that shitty antibuff, remove that shitty antishield please

edit: @ fenix: yeah i listen to all kinds of music, ty kazaa, i think this song was appropiate here hehe.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 12:54
Originally posted by Original monk
remove that shitty antibuff, remove that shitty antishield please

edit: @ fenix: yeah i listen to all kinds of music, ty kazaa, i think this song was appropiate here hehe.

nono, dont remove antibuff and antisheild (Holy anyway), their the only proper counter to a PPU.

JustIn_Case
26-08-03, 12:56
Dont you guys ever get tired ?????

OK, KK and the whole world has got the point...We dont need billions of threads on the same subject, cut it FFS. (what has happend with thread murge?)

Hope that KK has more sence then Arcadius...(want to loose even more players Arc?)

IronMonkey
26-08-03, 12:59
wtf??? I have said numerous times I want ppus to be nerfed so I can be unstoppable? That's a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg, I'm speechless.

quote:Originally posted by zanzan
apus...will die alot and tanks will rule this game,

apus would ownzer.

quote:Originally posted by Arcadius
apus would ownzer.

and I wonder why you want ppus gone so badly

Re: Re: Re: just somethinking about the next ppu nerf...

Why pete, what ever do you mean? I only care about the balance of the game. That's my primary concern.....................yea.....

[QUOTE]Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just somethinking about the next ppu nerf...

quote:Originally posted by petek480
Of course you do, I can see it in the 100 posts you post a day about getting rid of ppus.

Well aside from wanting apus to rule all, I "sincerely"(even if you don't believe me)think ppus are ruining PvP and should be removed. I even said(at the cost of MY class) that all monks should be made to hybrids, remove holy buffs and parashock, and allow them run/casting

Ok I put your responses in bold.

I hope this helps clear up the shock.

ericdraven
26-08-03, 13:08
Maybe KK should create an "Arc-Bonus" (restricted only to a certain runner) which gives +100 APU, +50 MST, +100 PPW and +255 in every resist.

Then we might have some peace and no more "nerf teh PPU!!!11" threads.

;)

Original monk
26-08-03, 13:19
Originally posted by ericdraven
Maybe KK should create an "Arc-Bonus" (restricted only to a certain runner) which gives +100 APU, +50 MST, +100 PPW and +255 in every resist.

Then we might have some peace and no more "nerf teh PPU!!!11" threads.

;)

LOL, yeah KK give em that bonus ! :P (and give me that gaya psi-glove)

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 13:24
Originally posted by JustIn_Case

OK, KK and the whole world has got the point...We dont need billions of threads on the same subject, cut it FFS. (what has happend with thread murge?)

Hope that KK has more sence then Arcadius...(want to loose even more players Arc?)

this isnt (wasnt intended anyway) a Nerf thread, im saying stfu will all the nerf PPU threads O_o

Sleawer
26-08-03, 14:40
IronMonkey, the answer of Arcadius in that sense of "apu's would ownzer" is meant to reply the fact that some people say that apu's would be crap without ppu's. That's not true, I can play with and without, probably takes more effort playing teamed with a ppu than unteamed, because you depend of someone.

And do you think Arcadius plays a different apu class? maybe the Arc-apu? as far as I know you and me play the same class as him, and when I face a non-buffed char, both of us have good chances to win or lose the fight; so quit the pointless argument of being unstopable.

The ppu as Opiate have said has an incredible defence while at same time holds the most important roles in a fight. Is necessary to tweak one of those two; you cannot expect the same class which dmg boost, anti-dmg boost, parashock, anti-parashock, anti-poison, heal, shield, buff, resurrect... that keeps the battle alive; is aswell the hardest to kill, which in extreme situations of very skilled players, 10 enemies can be chasing him and even survive.

However I disagree with plenty of counter measures for parashock. One is having the same class who can parashock, to anti-paralyze you, which is ridiculous, the same class holds both roles, is like if ppu's would have shelter and anti-shelter, or apu's poison and anti-poison; and the Second are drugs, but to be honest, with my apu if I'm shocked, I am toast, I dont have enought defence to survive until the antishock do its effect, unless I have a damn load of luck.

And do not tell me I am intended to play with a ppu, because that's the most selfish and retarded afirmation that anyone could make. Unlike ppu's I cannot team with ANYONE to be effective, so the apu has to be good on its own, or depend of ANY class, not only of ONE class, and ONE archtype, the ppu monk, to be effective.

I see many apu's playing alone very good (myself included), but we still need some tweaking for our sufficiency, like is a low TL heal. Or cant the ppu deal damage with parashocks? or soulclusters? or use a rifle or a smg? Then the apu should get improved medkits based in a subskill of dexterity (like the ppu monk gets pistols and rifles), or get a spell which drains health, like ppu's have parashock and soulclusters. Because medkits are like pressing alt-h for offence, and punch your enemy to death.

I dont think I have said a single lie in my post, thanks.

Archeus
26-08-03, 15:05

Exactly. Keep the crap to the same thread. TBH people are just repeating themselves over and over in different threads. Like that will work.

Me? I'm just voting against on any poll put up for changes. Not reading the changes just voting against it. Sick of these threads.

Arcadius seems to be the main culprit for opening new threads with the same thing. If your going to keep whining keep it to the same thread and don't open new ones with the same thing (and no, being slightly different and wanting the same this isn't being different).

Keeps up for much longer, just going to put people on ignore.

JustIn_Case
26-08-03, 15:22
this isnt (wasnt intended anyway) a Nerf thread, im saying stfu will all the nerf PPU threads O_o

Yes i know \\Fényx//, but if you happen to mention the word PPU, the thread will be hijacked by certain people and turned into a "Nerf" thread wether you like it or not. They never get tired of repeating them selfs over and over again.

And i agree with you topic, im so tired of these #§$$%%! that starts these threads every single day. And im sorry your thread got hijacked, but starting an anti thread is just as bad since it will be hijacked.

Just drop the topic, both nerf and anti nerf, KK has heard your voices, no need to repeat your selfs like parrots. Do something constructive instead, try to find a way to increase some classes importance instead of nerfing PPUs (or even remove PPUs *shrugs* maniacs).

J a y
26-08-03, 18:23
lmfao. apus are easy to kill (even buffed). and ppus are easy to kill when you catch them reserecting :P. i play spy btw and i can generaly snipe and kill 2-4 ppus and 1-3 apus + other chars at a op fight. its not to hard when they cant see were your shooting from :P.

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 18:27
Originally posted by J a y
lmfao. apus are easy to kill (even buffed). and ppus are easy to kill when you catch them reserecting :P. i play spy btw and i can generaly snipe and kill 2-4 ppus and 1-3 apus + other chars at a op fight. its not to hard when they cant see were your shooting from :P.

damn it if i wanted my thread bumped I woulda bumped it myself :p Nid close this thread, and tell CoDi to never listen to arcadius when it comes to PPU's. Granted Arc has a few good Ideas, however removing PPU's because they are overpowerd O_o is just plain silly

HellHound
26-08-03, 18:29
Ah well, before this is closed (just in case nobody said it):

NERF TEH PPU!!!!1111

enablerbr
26-08-03, 18:37
nerf all monkeys. your all closet Crahn supporters anyway and need a permant punishment.:D

Itth
26-08-03, 22:14
Originally posted by enablerbr
nerf all monkeys.

best idea ive heard for ages.

NERF TEH MONKEYS!!!!11

also, spies should get some new imps wich gives +255 to each resist.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 22:19

Dude, this is fenix's thread. And no I don't want to lose more players, but I think PPUs are detrimental to PvP IMO.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 22:20
Ok I put your responses in bold.

I hope this helps clear up the shock.

I never said I wanted ppus to be gone, so I CAN RULE.

Do you understand the correlation now?

I want ppus to be removed, but not because I want to rule all. And my "rule all" comments were half-serious anyway.

Jeez.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Archeus

Keeps up for much longer, just going to put people on ignore.

What a baby. You're gonna put me on ignore because im' so anti-ppu? THen put me on ignore already, i'm tired of hearing YOUR whining on people's right to discuss their gripes.

Yes i know \\Fényx//, but if you happen to mention the word PPU, the thread will be hijacked by certain people and turned into a "Nerf" thread wether you like it or not. They never get tired of repeating them selfs over and over again.

I didn't hijack it, I just let replied to fenyx.

Do something constructive instead, try to find a way to increase some classes importance instead of nerfing PPUs (or even remove PPUs *shrugs* maniacs).

*cough* my sig *cough*

Duder
26-08-03, 22:52
...Ever got spamed by Holy Parashock? Or should i say holy blue glue, NO DRUGS CAN SAVE YOU FROM BLUE GLUE SPAM.

You can take 2, 3 drugs, youll still be stuck to the floor.

Let me repeat again, as some people keep forgeting that by the time the drugs worked youll either get blue glued again or dead.

NO DRUGS CAN SAVE YOU FROM BLUE GLUE SPAM.

There, thank you.

Wheres the fun when demi-gods are running about ressurecting, healing and giving shiny shields?

If you want to test shooting a PPU monk IRL, take up a ball, gun, anything, and throw against a wall. Did you hurt the wall? Was it fun throwing an object or shooting the wall? No. Same thing with Neocron. Whoa. Excitement! I shot a tank to 50% health, then an enemy ppu comes and heals him back to 100% in 3 seconds...no need for nerfs. Boost classes? Yeah, give everyone 90 PSI, then everything will be balanced.

Moving about in Op wars is stupid, its better to stand still firing instead of dodging, as youll get holy healed anyway by your ppus.

Archeus
26-08-03, 22:57
What a baby. You're gonna put me on ignore because im' so anti-ppu? THen put me on ignore already, i'm tired of hearing YOUR whining on people's right to discuss their gripes.

I don't have a problem with people discussing gripes.

I do have a problem with the same people opening the same thread every bloody day and hijacking others with the same topic.

The only reason I put people on ignore is because I know thier post is going to be the exact same as the last one regardless of subject (hence only one person is ignore at the moment... and no it's not you).

Arcadius
26-08-03, 23:04
Dude, I don't hijack other people's threads into PPU. That's fucking stupid and I would never do that because I hate when it's done to me. I didn't hijack this thread, but since Fenyx was referring to me I replied to him.

ANd if you think it's opening the threads "every bloody day" then take a nice close little look at the date of the threads, then look at all the ppu threads I made. You will see what a silly GROSS exaggeration you made.

Arcadius
26-08-03, 23:06

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLORLORLOFLOFO

Dude, I do fine without a ppu. It's when the enemy has a ppu that I need one.

Originally posted by mdares

See archeus? It appears Mdares was the first one to say something about ppus being nerfed or "toned down".

THX

mdares
27-08-03, 00:10
lol arc; placing teh blame on meh... =p

anyway duder says it best imo; DRUGS MEAN SHIT WITH RESPECT TO PARA!!!!!!!!!

it takes much longer than 2 seconds for para drug to work; and if the ppu sees u running they para u again... u only have so many qb slots; are u gonna fill all of them up with antishock?

and as an apu that 5 second gap of slowness is when the ppu can get people to kill u; a tank in 5 seconds with a cs shooting a slowed down apu can come very close to killing him...; if the apu was running full speed then no...

as scikar says: REM0VE TEH PARA...

(then tone down ppu role as they are overly important in large scale engagements)

ok ppus are support class: MEDICS... do u have medics running into the heat of battle at the front lines and have people shooting the medic while he patches u up? erm no... medics die just as easily (or should). But ok this is a game and ppus are masters of defense... so fine they can live a bit longer...

but when the presence of a ppu is the deciding factor of "to fight or not to fight" its just OVER done.

IronMonkey
27-08-03, 02:10
how many ppu dogtags do i have to get before u guys believe that they are killable? Seriously this is getting out of hand. The only class that is 'uber' with ppu buffs right now at 50% is tanks. An apu still drops like a bag of rocks off a cliff. If he doesnt for you. Maybe you should try actually aiming at him now saying. OMG they have a PPU run!!! etc etc

yes i do think the para is the most annoying spell int he game. Sure itcould be removed or tweaked a bit. Screwing with this whole nerf the whole ppu crap is so silly.

Sleawar im not going to get into an argument with you over the reasons why arcadius said what he said. I was merely pointing out that he did say it.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 02:11
how many ppu dogtags do i have to get before u guys believe that they are killable? Seriously this is getting out of hand. The only class that is 'uber' with ppu buffs right now at 50% is tanks. An apu still drops like a bag of rocks off a cliff. If he doesnt for you. Maybe you should try actually aiming at him now saying. OMG they have a PPU run!!! etc etc

I don't think anyone has said their unkillable. I think the ones saying that probably mean PPUs have too much defense.

Opiate
27-08-03, 10:53
Sry Duder, but you're wrong there.

Drugs are very usefull against parashocks, because from the moment you are shocked, the PPU will move on to a new target/start a new action (heal/dmg boost). If you get shocked again right after the first one, you probably are the only one in full view of the PPU and you're dead anyway.

When I played my PE intensively, I always had two QB slots filled with the most expensive anti-shock drug (the only usefull one). Since I kindoff adapted Jest's tactic of running blindly into the enemies force (:D) and trying to cause as much dmg before I got hit, I was shocked a lot of times, but I managed to get back to safety very often. Sure, 100 agl and 100 ath made sure that targetting was a biatch :p

Rai Wong
27-08-03, 13:40
well we can't define this or that like PPU is unkillable, or anti-stun drugs are definetely working things will shift around depending on luck or situation.

I don't think neocron is losing people because of nerfs every MMORPG has nerfs its simple because its easier to nerf then buff. You need to buff everyone up to match one classes error, so why not just nerf that class.

Most likely the ones who don't want nerf are the ones being monks, and the ones who want nerf are the ones being killed by monks all the times like me. Aiming for monks might not be the easiest thing but its far easier then trying to aim with a gun. I won't evne bother talking about the power of drone aiming :(.

And plz don't give me that BS about droners not meant toe to toe pvp, we don't we use our drones and our drones suck, and we can't cloak either because of TC requirement. Get it now? done :P

I mean at least you get a chance using a drone agaisnt a tank.

ericdraven
27-08-03, 13:55
Originally posted by Rai Wong
And plz don't give me that BS about droners not meant toe to toe pvp, we don't we use our drones and our drones suck, and we can't cloak either because of TC requirement. Get it now? done :P

So because drones suck against APUs they should be nerfed, sure..

I have a droner as well, and yes, it's not so easy to kill an APU, but that does not mean that the APUs are too strong - it rather means that drones suck. But even if the APUs would not exist - drones would still suck. So what's the point of your post? :p

hinch
27-08-03, 15:31
the simple answer is remove all freezers/parashocks

ressurect the hybrids but limited ie: if yuo use hl you can only use blessed buffs if you use holy buffs you can only use holy energy halo.
jobs a fish and everything is balanced like it should be

cracky
27-08-03, 15:35
I wanted ppus to be gone, so I CAN RULE.
because I want to rule all.
Jeez.

Scikar
27-08-03, 16:04
Originally posted by hinch

ressurect the hybrids but limited ie: if yuo use hl you can only use blessed buffs if you use holy buffs you can only use holy energy halo.

I back that 100%.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 20:00
lol@cracky

Originally posted by hinch

I agree partially. Parashock should be removed. Make monks hybrids. But also remove holy buffs. From my experience fighting hybrids and PLAYING one, holy buffs are simply too strong(even hybrid holy buffs) to justify offense. So just restrict monks to bless shelter and give them run/casting.

Mr Friendly
27-08-03, 20:13
dunno bought the other ppus, but im not a reg one, i kill also with my 5 slot wasteland eagle :p

anyway (SPAM)