PDA

View Full Version : MC5 Chips

d3ik
26-08-03, 00:10
Here's a n00b question about a higher level item... (higher level item mods, plz don't move to n00b forum)...

Anyway, everyone talks about MC5 chips, taking out the glass, etc... my question is: what does an MC5 chip do, where is MC5, and is it the same MC5 you're in at the beginning of the game? I've searched through the forums and found nothing but controversy over the chip itself, but no one can seem to explain what it actually does. A little insight? Why are they so valuable?

Arcadius
26-08-03, 00:12
Originally posted by d3ik
Here's a n00b question about a higher level item... (higher level item mods, plz don't move to n00b forum)...

Anyway, everyone talks about MC5 chips, taking out the glass, etc... my question is: what does an MC5 chip do, where is MC5, and is it the same MC5 you're in at the beginning of the game? I've searched through the forums and found nothing but controversy over the chip itself, but no one can seem to explain what it actually does. A little insight? Why are they so valuable?

Dribble Joy
26-08-03, 00:17
Basicly they are versions of the current rare chips, the SF, SS, PSI Core and the Marine, but have +6 on their main stat bonus instead of +5.

http://neocron.ems.ru/armor.html for more info

//edit

The MC5 where you get these is not the n00b area, its the version inside h_14.

There are a load of lvl 120 mobs inside one of which occationally drops one part of one of the chips. Hense getting a complete chip is very hard.
The glass was there, and you could hide behind it to heal/buff up, but was removed after an exploit was found.

d3ik
26-08-03, 00:20
Thanks for the info Dribble Joy. One last thing, where is MC5 located?

Arcadius
26-08-03, 00:21
Originally posted by d3ik
Thanks for the info Dribble Joy. One last thing, where is MC5 located?

Sector H_14

mdares
26-08-03, 00:31
MC5 is NOT teh same n00b area tho it looks the same. It has rewards in parts to imps that are nearly same as Marine, Psi Core, SF, SS. It is currently a death trap; tho if u know wut your doing u can still get loot.