PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Alteration to Mob AI..

Q`alooaith
25-08-03, 18:56
Right now, you fight a mob, and it'll keep trying to move right towards you, even when it can't get to you, or it's going to die..

I suggest a change, so that when a mob hits 25% health, it starts to move towards the nearest spawn and try and heal..

I'm sure most people have seen the preachers casting heals on themselves, well how's about having mobs run away towards a spawn if they get to low on health..

It'd make them seam less stupid, and make them harder to trap into places where they can't get you, because they'd be wandering away trying to heal and get help...

Little harder to do, but might be worth it..

Malek
25-08-03, 18:59
Funny,cause the mobs I've fought move a random direction... most of them move away from my, particularly the agressors, or mutants with long range rifles, with a cyclops launcher going who knows where....

Wouldn't say they all move toward you, but more like the doom AI where they kinda move towards you / random direction.

Benjie
25-08-03, 19:01
I think that agressor captains should run away when they get low health. It would look cool for teh noobies.

Scikar
25-08-03, 19:15
I've noticed they don't back away when they're low on health, but they do if they get hit a bit. Shoot a WB with an Arcer Companion Rifle and it'll keep coming towards you the whole time, start sniping them with a Pain Easer and they back away. I don't think the mob's AI is that bad really, the only problem is that they can't see terrain and that all mobs are very slow.

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 05:18
all wbs will run away from you if it gets hit hard enough in a short enough period.

if I see a wb, I try to really unload a lot of spells onto it as fast as I can, then the wb stops moving to me and it runs away.

I think its like its AI is set to retreat if it loses say more than 10% of its HP in less than 15 seconds....

yeah, the mob AI concerning terrain seems a little shoddy, really.. they usually try to hobble this way and that, trying to get at you, and many times they trap themselves. just embarassing.

I rather like the idea for organic monsters having a 25% hp remainder trigger for them to run away... but the cyber mobs have different programming, being more straightforward...

DoY bots have advanced tactical combat and are set on full-bore KOS, they won't give up until they die...

Wbs are a bit different, and try to stay alive a bit...

the spiderbots are pretty damn dumb and keep trying to walk to you.

One FUCKING HUGE PROBLEM I HAVE with organic mob AI and low level tech mob AI is that they have like some sort of supersense that, if you hit them once, never lose track of you until you zone, even though you outran them all the way to the other side of the zone or hide in a building.

I would think that being all clever and such using the terrain or being so fast you run out of their sight, you would lose them, right, at least for the low level to mid level mobs, right?! advanced sensors and senses are one thing, but they take it a bit far.