PDA

View Full Version : this might be beating a dead horse but....

extract
25-08-03, 17:19
Whats up with LOM pills is there some kind of formula to them i mean right now i had capped PSI at 172 mil XP and theyre taking almost a mil XP per pill...is there more XP loss at higher lvls than lower lvls? well I decided that I wanted to make my APU into a PPU cause my current PPU is like stuck at 90 base and hasnt lvld in weeks (hes like 80/50) which also makes it almost impossible to gain any decenct XP...but anyways so i popped my first LOM and it took like over 700k XP in one pill i havent even got below 100 apu yet and im already at PSI 98 soon to be 97 at this rate Ill prolly be at 90 and will have wasted all the time for nothing...seriously isnt 42% synaptic enuf now i got to lose almost a million XP per pill...not to mention going PPU isnt gonna get my the greatest XP gain either =/ oh well rant over

Lexxuk
25-08-03, 17:22
:( I thought this thread was about dead animals :( :( :(

DartVader
25-08-03, 17:23
LOMs take a percentage of your current XP away. So the more you got, the more they will take ...

Progenitor
25-08-03, 17:24
Yes, the higher your skill level, the more xp you loose.

I'm not sure if it is dependent on the main skill (PSI in this case) or the subskill the lom is for.

I do know that you loose less and less xp the more loms you take.

You might want to stop between levels and just go out to the caves and level back up to max xp and then lom more, while you are still apu and have some firepower available to you.

Be prepared to loose a few levels.

-p

Benjie
25-08-03, 17:29
Lom Pills? HA! more like Account Canceller Pills! HAHA!

extract
25-08-03, 17:29
yea I havent added any ppu yet solely for that reason but damn ive lost like 40 mil XP already lol this is like a hot needle in the eye so damn painful its like i cant even look at the XP window anymore ill just start crying so much hardwork just to have a lil pill take it all away =/ so whats the percentage cause im at like 130 mil now lol and its still takin over 700k

Benjie
25-08-03, 17:33
I cancelled my account because loms hurt so much.

A: I worked hard for what? Okay no need to cry, no reason to leave.
B: Sitting Though a day of Synaptic Imparement is nothing I want to pay for. I cancelled my account short after realising that Neocron isn't "that" fun.

Reakktor.com need to think about loms. There system may stop an exploit but they are inevitabally going to loose customers if they make them feel fustraited. Thats the reason I don't play so many other games.

kurai
25-08-03, 17:34
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68680&highlight=pill

extract
25-08-03, 18:07
it prolly wouldnt be bothered so much if I knew it was gonna be as easy to lvl it back as ppu as it was as an apu...for one I now need someone(APU) to help me get it back where as before i could solo to get it back....also the rank system is seriously fuct...my current PPU isnt even capped psi and hes 3 stars when i go caving I maybe get 20k XP and no money...another reason i just dont play him anymore...why can apus stay at a decent combat rank but PPUs just shoot up thru the roof? my god i cant wait to see what this guys rank is gonna be

Mattimeo
25-08-03, 18:16
I don't understand the complaint about LOMs, maybe because they weren't in before I quit playing in Beta. But honestly, I'd say not to have them at all rather than take away the penalties. Aside from when something gets nerfed (like hybrids) why would you need to LOM anyway? did you not play your charcter properly?

I'm just looking for the reasoning behind people complaining about them so much.

MortuusLupus
25-08-03, 18:49
I used to be into bestiality, necrophilia, and S&M, but I quite when all my friends told me I was just beating a dead horse.

And LOMs have been pretty much the same for months now, the period for complaints is over, I think.

extract
25-08-03, 19:24
Originally posted by Mattimeo
I don't understand the complaint about LOMs, maybe because they weren't in before I quit playing in Beta. But honestly, I'd say not to have them at all rather than take away the penalties. Aside from when something gets nerfed (like hybrids) why would you need to LOM anyway? did you not play your charcter properly?

I'm just looking for the reasoning behind people complaining about them so much.

you answered youre own question if youve never experienced them then you have no idea what the bitch is about....and it has nothing to do with not playing my character right...my first char ever was a PPU when i realized the XP gain on them was quite slow in most cases I made this APU to cap psi then LOM to PPU its nothing about being spontaneous this has been planned from day one...and Im actually only bitching cause you can work for a week straight 8 hours a day of caving just to cap PSI and watch it all go to waste in less than 3 hours thats my complaint the formula that everyones talking about is total bullshit too cause Im still losing right over 700k per pil over 50 mil XP later...there is no percentage I think it has to do with rank...if youre over XX PSI lvl it takes X amount...basically im bored and need something to bitch about....after all you guys are tired of all the nerf threads right..........

and in all honesty youre right theyre not really that bad considering if there were no LOMs and u had to reroll it would take much more time to get to where im at when i just lose a few levels lomming Im not denying that its just a pain in the arse nothing I cant handle just feel like bitching is all

SorkZmok
25-08-03, 19:40
Originally posted by DartVader
LOMs take a percentage of your current XP away. So the more you got, the more they will take ...

Someone once suggested 0.5% of your total xp in that skill. Dunno if thats really it, but seems quite exact.

/edit.

Also, i think LoMs are for small tweaks/changes in your setup, theyre perfect for that. If you level up a spy with drones just to lom to rifles afterwards, your fault. And still its way faster as if you played rifles all the way (the way it should be o_O ). Even whith about 8hours of loming.
Hell, even then i cant see the problem, i spent DAYS sitting around, talking, writing stuff on the IG forums or just hanging around somewhere. i could have lomed all the time then without a problem or getting bored. ;)

japata
25-08-03, 19:51
Hot dog! Just be glad that you CAN take those LoL-pills.

Brew
25-08-03, 20:23
patch 163 is a very large reason (next to the FRE's every 12 minutes) that I quit in the first place.
not because I got boned or my character screwed up (I didn't and he wasn't) but because of the way KK handled the situation, especially with MJ giving everyone the big middle finger and laughing.

With positive word of mouth from the clan, I decided to give it another try. It's painful as hell LoM'ing around my DEX (its about 90 right now) to fix for all the changes and new items but oh well. I understand the need for a "speed bump" but they should release all points when they introduce anything which affects the way skill points are distributed. Which is what they didn't do for 163 which is what pissed so many people off.

Nowadays, I'm out and about with a dozen of my clanmates -- and there's maybe a total of 125 people online. Prime time. On a Friday. Back in the day of the Grand Ole OP Wars there were a good 500 people on.

You do the math and tell me if KK is doing enough to win back business. I'm pretty close to quitting right now, as its just a damn uninhabited desert with some monsters to shoot at in hopes they'll drop prizes that they just don't anymore. I think NPC's outnumber the players most of the time now.