PDA

View Full Version : why not join pluto to other more populated server (english)

Devils Grace
25-08-03, 12:58
ok reading the probs that exist with the lower population and the ideas to increse (spelling?) ex. more publicity and more, why not in the mean while join Pluto(the server with the most lower population ) sometimes with 50 ????? peps on, to the one of the english servers (saturn or uranus) and make things better not only for them but to us to

i got a char in pluto that i dont play much and every time i go therei see like one pep in plaza advertising like "poking tl 86 for tips" and no one is there...............

who is he poking, the copbots ????:confused:

so dont ask my how but if it is possible why not

i know there is kick ass players there and good clans (like NDA)

that would put things more interest on other server, like saturn (mine)

that would do a more populated server and things shoould be better for all (spec them i think)

so post ur feelings here and or other ideas to

id like to see pluto players reply here since there's opinion is the most important

Viruz
25-08-03, 13:09
would be fun to try another server, but ive played on pluto since november, and have about 6 apps stuffed with rares and equipment. would be hard to leave it all behind, specially now with the crappy droprates on rares.

Devils Grace
25-08-03, 13:19
ok sorry im portuguese

sometimes i have dif to explain my self

yes i agree with ur reason

pluto was my 1st server i played it for long time, i got good friends there like trivial and DIS and they give thesame reason that u do.

my idea was, and i dont know how so dont ask me, somehow change all stuff to the other server, including chars, that way u donjt have to loose nothing.

ppl that have for exemple 4 chars on saturn and one on pluto (like me )will have to delete one of their choice.

like a merge.

maybe someone of kk should reply to this to to explain if it is possible or not.

ppl left pluto kuz of low population and lack of fun so why not

if that was possible wouldnt be good ?

Cyphor (Ash)
25-08-03, 13:30
I've been in Pluto since I started, and I tried Saturn, but I just cannot cope with other people talking different languages - Which is why I think that Pluto appeals to a fair amount of people, it being the only real (Almost) Completley English community.

evs
25-08-03, 13:36
I joined pluto from saturn as i wanted more of an NC environment.

With most players having 1 character (and at the most some have 1 alt) its more of a game, better player interaction, more of a laugh - and is a FAR better RP experience than the power gaming 4 char servers.

If you want to merge servers - do it with uranus and saturn - make 1 big server, and leave the pluto peeps alone.

Its been so refreshing on pluto, so much less 'i'll log my uber alt as with that ill pwnz yuo' kiddie bullshit its unreal.

Tbh since joining pluto ive not looked back.

MayhemMike
25-08-03, 14:15
I have chars on both servers. I prefer pluto over saturn because on pluto i have 20mill every rare apu psi spell , 10 cabs full of rare parts. on saturn i have 600k ... if i could transfer i'd prefer saturn over pluto. There op wars are so much more better ( we have op wars on pluto?) So i cant be arsed, i like dead animals.
I think merging the 2 sewers could be awsome. but almost 100% sure its improable.

Mr Friendly
25-08-03, 14:16
before i even read anything, heres somtihn ive noticed since i play on Pluto & have been playin on saturn for the past week.:
ive never crashed as much or fataled as much as i have since ive been on saturn. I hardly ever crash on Pluto.

Devils Grace
25-08-03, 14:32
evs

if u got a good char and ur pvp skills are good they can bring god all mighty and they wont do shit

if not ...........ohh well

still u sure u enjoy playing with so low comunity

a server that is is high moments has 200 online ??????

real high moments

well i dont thats why i left to saturn..........but its my opinion

Krll
25-08-03, 14:35
Aha! You meant "merge" (put two things together to make a new thing) Pluto with another server... I voted yes at first 'cos I thought you were trying to convince people from Saturn to move to Pluto. :)

My new vote is no, but I canna change it Cap'n'! :(

-Krll

Devils Grace
25-08-03, 14:38
yes merge but without loosing anything

keep all apys and the stuff in cabs, rares, char, everything

just a merge and make one big server

BUT I REPEAT WITHOUT LOOSING STUFF

Bosk
25-08-03, 14:48
I'd be ok with Pluto / Saturn merge. I personally wouldn't lose anything since I've only got 2 chars on Saturn and 1 on Pluto, but wouldn't the Saturn peeps be pissed about potentially losing a character slot? Maybe everyone could have 5 characters for a week or so to give them a chance to delete one if they're all in use. I don't know. I've got friends on both servers so it would be a good thing for me.

Vampire222
25-08-03, 15:17
Pluto = pluto
Saturn = saturn

If its totally impossible to keep the servers seperated, then id rather see uranus and pluto merged than saturn... and let yuranus ppl choose only 1 char to move, cause last thing we want is ppl logging their alts all the bloody time

El_MUERkO
25-08-03, 15:19
I play on Pluto cause its a one char server, yes some people have several accounts or access to other accounts but most dont.

Mattimeo
25-08-03, 15:42
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
I play on Pluto cause its a one char server, yes some people have several accounts or access to other accounts but most dont.

And thats why I like Pluto. Leave it the way it is.

IceStorm
25-08-03, 16:16
Why is it that people want to change Pluto?

I like Pluto's 60 to 250 playerbase.

I like the fact that there aren't hundreds on the server at the times I play.

I like having my services in demand at times.

I like Pluto's economy.

I like Pluto's lack of downtime compared to Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn.

Just because it's not overcrowded does not mean there's something wrong with it. If you want the Pluto experience on a more populated server, well, you aren't going to get it.

i got a char in pluto that i dont play much and every time i go therei see like one pep in plaza advertising like "poking tl 86 for tips" and no one is there...............
From Pluto's launch to now, I've played Pluto exclusively. It is exceedingly rare for me to see Pluto with but a single soul in Plaza 1 - maybe five times total since I've been playing.

Leave Pluto alone.

Tycho C
25-08-03, 16:42
Leave my server alone plz :p

The only way I would condone the change of a server I play on would be for something totaly new. In this case, merge and form Neptune...

Carinth
25-08-03, 17:11
You can't merge a 1 char and a 4 char server, it just doesn't work. If you turn them into a 1 char server you will have people quitting because they lose characters and hard work. If you turn them into a 4 char server you will have people quitting because they only want 1 char.

Devils Grace
25-08-03, 18:15
so i guess u prefer plaing with thw amount of current population u have on pluto, its ok i guess

but then again why are ppl quiting that server

was my 1st server to since i start playing (january) but back then there were a good population, never these numbers now.

lots of them have left kuz of various reasons, but im sure one of them was kuz they were bored.

lack of things to do no op fights, some very powerfull, others very week.

but hey i dont want to take ur server from u, i was just wondering

keep ur server.

i prefer a 200 - 400+ server with lots of fun great op´s fight, and i mean great (over 30 ppl on each side), strong economy, good clans (and some big, not only one big some), and im my case the ability to play a diferent class without buying and paying another acount:D

but i do understand ur opinion, kuz when icame to saturn that thing "ill log ma ubber alt and pk ur sorry but" got on me nerves to.............untill i got ubber alts to lol.

kthxbye

Lisa Davitt
25-08-03, 20:17
The only way I would accept a merge of Pluto with other server is if that server becomes a 1 char per account. I don't want to play in a 4 chars server.

Chaplin
25-08-03, 20:27
Originally posted by Carinth
You can't merge a 1 char and a 4 char server, it just doesn't work. If you turn them into a 1 char server you will have people quitting because they lose characters and hard work. If you turn them into a 4 char server you will have people quitting because they only want 1 char.

Besides that, even a merge between saturn and uranus will never happen. I asked Thanatos on the Games Convention about this, two simple reasons:
1.) They cannot because of their databse-structure.
2.) The new server would have 8 char slots? KK will never force a player to delete a char just for administrative causes on their side. And there a enough players who have all slots occupied on saturn and uranus...

Arcadius
25-08-03, 21:25
Pluto is dying, it should be merged with another server.

Krll
25-08-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Arcadius
Pluto is dying, it should be merged with another server.

A lot of people don't give Pluto a chance.

I used to be a hardcore Saturn player and though 1 char was for teh l33t pkars... but then I tried it out of boredom and haven't looked back since.

A lot of people just can't stomach the idea of having to get other people to do work for them instead of using a mule, which is why Pluto is unpopular IMO.

-Krll

hnlecter
25-08-03, 23:09
All the other servers are inflated with the good mc5 chips at 1 mil a piece. I like how pluto rares and auctually a little rare. Not to mention people fight back :).

Devils Grace
26-08-03, 12:11
Ni u can close this thread, ive seen what i wanted.

Boys keep ur server and enjoy the game

At leats some of u see where the pluto is goin

dont complain in the future

was just another idead anyways

kthxbye

Vampire222
26-08-03, 12:14
Originally posted by Carinth

So only choice is jupiter/pluto, ewwwww

zewy
26-08-03, 12:25
maxed my tank on pluto then I got bored and moved on to saturn where I maxed 1 ppu monk and 3spys after that I quit neocron and I am back now with a new account doing combat on saturn insted of trade skills. it is almost a new game for me now :)

JeRkyMorOn
26-08-03, 12:31
would have to agree with the pluto ppl .. scs is sooo much better then the let me grab my alt bs.. and everyone being in like 3 different clans and shit like that... merge the 2 scs servers.. that would be the ubar!

Stigmata
26-08-03, 12:59
Keep it as it is, i think if they "could" merge pluto with any other server it would destroy them both, people would quit, it would fuck up all the op's and i personally would not like to see a vast majority of the pluto players on saturn.

Andy

p.s i thought 95% of pluto had moved to saturn already, i know at least 50 plutonites who are have deserted the "dieing server" for a new experience on saturn.

Oh and about the point of pluto being the main english speaking server, i fail to see what you mean, yes there are alot of non english speaking people on saturn, but they always speak english in plaza so unless you join a german/european clan that would not effect you anyway

Krll
26-08-03, 13:23
Originally posted by Devils Grace
Ni u can close this thread, ive seen what i wanted.

Boys keep ur server and enjoy the game

At leats some of u see where the pluto is goin

dont complain in the future

was just another idead anyways

kthxbye

Your idea is unpopular, so you get sniffy with the people who disagree with you?

Genius arguing tactic. I'm convinced.

kthxbye

-Krll

Devils Grace
26-08-03, 13:37
yo tracy

im not using any tactic

ppl dont want that "merge" so end of discussion

i dont feel nothing whatsoever

im happy with the server i play

just asked to be closed kuz the result is already there

and arcadius said it well

thats why i left and some ppl i know left to

ppl want everything to be changed but nottin is good to do it

so enjoy ur day "runner"

kthxbye

\\Fényx//
26-08-03, 13:47
It can not be done because of conflicting player names, the apt locations and passwords would most likely collide at some point, and you cant merge a 4 slot and 1 slot server together without pissing off one of the 2 servers. I personally have 3 chars on pluto, however that doesent mean its 1 main char and 2 mules, Pluto is my fighting server and saturn is the server that I trade on. I have a tank, APU and PE on pluto, and saturn i have 3 spie's :) Droner, rifle, pistol, each with a tradeskill, that what I do on each server. :)

Krll
26-08-03, 14:18
Originally posted by Devils Grace
yo tracy

:wtf:

im not using any tactic

ppl dont want that "merge" so end of discussion

i dont feel nothing whatsoever

im happy with the server i play

just asked to be closed kuz the result is already there

and arcadius said it well

thats why i left and some ppl i know left to

ppl want everything to be changed but nottin is good to do it

so enjoy ur day "runner"

kthxbye

Aha, I thought you were asking it to be closed simply because people had disagreed with you.

It might have been your sarcastic and patronising tone (whether intended or not) which confused me, especially with "kthxbye" tacked on the end.

-Krll

Glyc
26-08-03, 16:11
pluto is teh bestest. i've played on saturn/uranus and pluto. pluto's held my attention the longest. some people "may" think that its dieing. but it's not. oh and maybe cos you are in portugal that may have something to do with the population you see. i seen around 250 most nights. Most players are from the Americas (i'd guess at 75%). but as for all english speaking. i know a lot of swedes, germans, dutch people on the server.

I like not having a guarenteed alt that could "pwn" me. You get to know people and when they log on - they use the only char they have (for the main part).

If you have problems finding people for tradeskills on pluto, then it's because you don't know enough people. Lots of traders dont hang out in plaza1 cos it's spammy and annoying. Also doesn't give great xp/money. I spend about an hour in plaza1 per week. tops.

Anyway these are my reasons for always being a pluto man.

evs
26-08-03, 17:40
main reason you want to stay on pluto is me.

man my chick pe has a damn fine ass :D

hershey
26-08-03, 22:19
I would love to play on a server with more player slots and seriously that is one of the main issues with lakc of players on pluto. But all I am concerned with is PvP so pluto is where I stay.

kbmg
26-08-03, 22:29
the main issue is pluto is a one char server and thier should be at least 1 of those. and uranus/saturn seem to be basically the same. maybe make uranus a no lawchip server or something to make it diffrent. or just dump pluto people into uranus and have no 1 char servers.:o

Devils Grace
27-08-03, 15:53
how many ppl u know have atm 2 acounts?
how many acounts u have ?

i know many

beeing in portugal doest mean nothing

most population in pluto are GB not US, kuz if u check the late hours (mine and GB) at for exemple 2 a.M theres 50 online, and i play all days at 3 or 4 a.m.

Last night just to give u an exemple there were 396 ppl on saturn and ur normally base 187 - pluto, this was like midnight.

so 250 is mostly on weekend nights and its very rare...

so glic u cant even compare one to another...its way to diferent

yes plaza 1 is to much spam, but dont give me that "the best traders are in the diferent places"bulshit if i really know that server.

u simply arent there, u prefer wating for someone to ask for one on trade channel while u are with ur feriends or hunting or pvp or sometin else, then get bored in plaza.

kthxbye

Futureman
27-08-03, 17:33
Lets say that if they wanted to merge Saturn and Pluto, what would happen? I have an idea. They could either make it a 1 char server and allow you to export 4 chars to another 4 char server. Isn't uranus a 4 char server? So if they merged pluto and saturn if you had both servers full you would have 5 chars on the new server. Then you could have 4 of them moved to Uranus in the next week. For those that were gone, you could have them simply unselectable, but still existant untill you have them moved to a server with space. I think that would solve the problem.

But lets face it: The two most popular servers are Pluto and Saturn. Pluto because what it was and Saturn for what it now. Why not just pick one char for the combination of the two and have the others moved, I agree that it would be difficult for me to choose, but thats how i would handle a merger. Maybe one day it will be possible to have an in-game mechanism that allows character movement, except with this you would be restricted to carrying only what's in your gogo and inv. That way you couldn't carry you 5 lvl 3 appartments full of rares.

Glyc
27-08-03, 17:40
please dont "kthxbye" me again.i find it rude. im in uk and i only play 10pm to 4am my time roughly). There is always at least 150 people when i log off. It's not common to find many euro's on at that time.

"being in portugal doesnt mean nothing" is a double negative by the way.

I don't listen to the trade channels either. If someone wants me then they direct me or come see me where i hang out. If u knew the server you'd know where i am 95% of the time. Also i don't op fight/pvp as i dont like it as a spy. I dont level because im capped. If you knew the decent constructors/researchers you will know they don't spend much time in plaza. Only mid level ones do. We have clan stuff to do and personal orders to undertake.

So all in all. Leave me alone -- i LOVE pluto, wouldn't have it any other way. Don't swear towards me or pretend you know what i do.

Salutations and farewells,