PDA

View Full Version : some Questions and Answers from the Game Convention

svenw
25-08-03, 10:11
Just some traslations from the german forums. These Questions and answers should be interesting for everyone.

From Beserker:
So, I'm back frome the Game Convention. Here are the answers that I squeezed out of the KK officals.

1.)When will DOY be released?
A: There is no fixed date 'cause KK has to find a publisher first. MJS said the publishers he talked to where interested. Thanatos told me, that it would take something around 1 month after they found a publisher to release DOY .

Annotation:
Nearly forgot: Thanatos himself will post on some topics but you should have seen his expression when I got out my list with 48 questions. :)

2.)Will there be a Neptune server?
A: He's not canceled but it's not sure if it will ever launch. Depends on the further growth of the community.

3.)Is there a chance that there will be LE clans?
A: most likely not.

4.)What about some skill 150 things that I heard of?
A: Some player made this up. Thanatos haven't heard about it.

5.)As an FA character will I get slaughtered at plaza 1 by the Copots?
A: the Story will reveal this .

6.)Will there be something like the Hacknet in the future?
A.:Maybe. First thing will be DOY and then we will think again.

Annotation: This is also the answer for further Add-Ons and Mechs

7.)Will pro CA players have a chance to look around in DOY?
A.: Maybe for some time, or you have to create a new char on another server that can go there.

8.)what is planed RP wise?
A: furniture should most likely come with the next TEST server patch on the testserver.

9.)Why do you listen so much to the whiners?
A: Thats not totally true. We judge pro and contra and if the “whining” is reasonable at all.

10.)Will the players be more involved in the fractions?
A: there will be fraction items that only fraction members can purchase.

11.)What will be the changes at the skill system with DOY?
A: there will be different bonus skills, but I didn't understood it it completely (I think that was the moment the bunny's went by :p)

12.)When will you tell the community exactly about the changes?
A: in a month, so it will be September (for all the skeptics: 2003 ;))

13.)What balancing problems are know and will be changes in the near future?
A: Look at the Testserverforum. Lupus is working on the weapon balancing.

14.)Will turrets and other automatic OP defenses get smarter?
A: That could happen.

15.)Will you stop the eternal faction changing?
A: We will have a look at it. Maybe you will be able to change faction once for the normal fee but afterwards it will get increasingly expensive.

16.)Could Tsunami and Co move freely around NC after DOY and will the Copbots in PP be removed?
A:They will be able to get to PP through secret tunnels and the Copbots will most likely be removed except for the ones at the PP1/P3 border.

17.)What will happen to the skill caps?
A:they will stay as they are.

18.)Will leveling as a trade get easier?
A: We will have a look at it. Have a look at the testserverforum. Maybe Lupus is doing something there.

19.)Will the quality of of turrets/vehicles matter sometime?
A: maybe, but most likely after DOY.

20.)Will there be new App designs? (storage hall, penthouse, etc)
A: The DOY apps, there are no further planned

21.)when will empty clans be deleted?
A: Daishi will take care about it. Maybe they will be removed with a patch or made invisible.

22.)Why does Tangent doesn't have a fabric to produce weapons while Proto Pharm has it's own lab?
A: Help!!!

23.)Will there be such places in the future?
A: When there are ideas what to do with these places or what should be special about them, then maybe. There won't be simple sectors with some static NPCs.

24.)Will guards and CopBots do more damage to Monks through piercing?
A: That will come, maybe that Copbots will make damage to all resists.

25.)When the NC Grs will get unreachable for the Anit-CAs will the same happen for the PRO-CAs?
A:Yes

26.)Will Ops get owned by fractions/cities as owner?
A: most likely not.

27.)your information policy was critisied in the last time, will you improve it?
A: Depends on the situation. We like to share information but most of the time there are a lot of whiners that think that think somethingwill be like “this or that”.

28.)what about the number of players?
A: They are constant. After the laast patches some people reactivated.

29.)Will there be measures about disapearing Gogos or empty Clan apps so that you can track and restore them?
A:We will have to take a look at the DB. Each item needs a 2 Byte ID and thats a lot of work cause of the sheer Number of Items, but we will have a look.

30.)Whats the reason for the syncs and fatals?
A: Some report a lot of syncs and fatals but on most computers NC runs rather stable. It's most likely an issue of the background programms like teamspeak or chat Programms.

I will include some DOY informations, even if they are know to the community:
When Doy comes Anti-CA factions will be KOS to Copbots. Same goes for DOY and PRO-CA fraction. DOY will have no save zones so you may be able to make a visit to DOY if you have enough fire power.
DOY will be more multi level then NC so the zones will be bigger.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 10:21
Originally posted by svenw

10.)Will the players be more involved in the fractions?
A: there will be fraction items that only fraction members can purchase.

11.)What will be the changes at the skill system with DOY?
A: there will be different bonus skills, but I didn't understood it it completely (I think that was the moment the bunny's went by :p)

12.)When will you tell the community exactly about the changes?
A: in a month, so it will be September (for all the skeptics: 2003 ;))

OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Especially 13.

A: Some report a lot of syncs and fatals but on most computers NC runs rather stable. It's most likely an issue of the background programms like teamspeak or chat Programms.

:rolleyes:

When Doy comes Anti-CA factions will be KOS to Copbots. Same goes for DOY and PRO-CA fraction. DOY will have no save zones so you may be able to make a visit to DOY if you have enough fire power.
DOY will be more multi level then NC so the zones will be bigger.

*drools*

svenw
25-08-03, 10:25

I can confirm this. i don't have any problems with syncs (not a sync in month) and very few fatals.

neophotographer
25-08-03, 10:25
no safe zones in DoY? ew. that measn the trading area for that place willg et raided a lot I bet. :lol: there's a half neptune server for you right there. :lol:

Stacey

Arcadius
25-08-03, 10:59
I can confirm this. i don't have any problems with syncs (not a sync in month) and very few fatals.

How is that confirmation? I get syncs and fatals and I have zero programms running in the background.

Krll
25-08-03, 11:40
Originally posted by Arcadius
How is that confirmation? I get syncs and fatals and I have zero programms running in the background.

I get fatals, but not often enough to be too annoying, and almost never get synch problems.

Guess you're just unlucky. :(

-Krll

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-08-03, 12:41
All I have to say on the matter is DoY dosen't sound so good after reading those questions and answers.

If you look at it like I do, all it add's is maybe a few more weapons, a new city, a new faction, a couple new rules, and maybe new enemies.

Also I see nothing in the work for bug fixes, and that excuse about background programs causing FRE's is bull, I run no background programs and I get about 6 a night is a 4 hour sitting.Also they are very frequent. I know almost everyone on uranus, and I have yet to meet a FRE free person :/

Seems like the only thing KK is doing well is it's spin doctoring :(

Also not raising the cap's just sucks.I think it is purely because they can't even balence the game as it is, if they raised caps it would be worse on them than it is now.But still being capped is boring, and I would someday like to be able to solo a grim chaser, as I know there will be worse some day.

Basically I see doy as a last ditch effort to re-sell the game get some dough outa some other publisher, and then work from there.

So doy, I'm not all hyped up about ya any more :/ sorry

:D

ezza
25-08-03, 12:48
in regards to caps i read on one of the german threads think it was that they you will be able to raise the main skill over 100 but not the subs skill, so you could have 110 natural strength asa tank etc

Susan Ivanova
25-08-03, 12:58
Originally posted by ezza
in regards to caps i read on one of the german threads think it was that they you will be able to raise the main skill over 100 but not the subs skill, so you could have 110 natural strength asa tank etc
AFAIR that was just a proposal by a player. Nothing official. So don't get your hopes up on that.

RayBob
25-08-03, 13:04
What bothers me the most is that KK continues to believe that synch crashes and FREs are a minor problem that only affect a small number of users. I can't think of a single person that I have played with that does NOT crash regularly.

Blaming it on on background programs is total bullshit. I reformatted my hard drive a few weeks ago and did a fresh OS install. I have nothing at all running in the background and I crash multiple times each and every day. Besides, Neocron should learn to "play nice" with other programs. They can't ask people to have one computer totally dedicated to their game.

They should send out an official survey to regestired users so we can all know the exact percentage of people that regularly have these crashes.

Ray

svenw
25-08-03, 13:14
Well, the problems with crashes are far from simple. Some people get very few (I have maybe 1 per 4 hour playing and NO , absolutly no, syncs! Others have regular crashes. But I almost regularily get a crash when logging out (but that doesn't matter to me :))
IMHO KK should make a progi that sends a crash report automicly to KK whenever NC crashes. These Program should be given only to special users which are willing tocontribute everything they know about their compi (with a cracked windows maybe not the best idea). this should give KK some good ideas where to look at.

Ryuben
25-08-03, 13:34
well about crashed and FRE i have been getting alot more when playing on uranus rather then pluto so.......

Susan Ivanova
25-08-03, 13:37
I think KK should take a look at the TalkBack client Netscape used/uses. When the program crashes it sends all relevant data back to Netscape for analysis. Something similar could help KK here. On each startup of the client check for old core/stack dumps and ask the player whether to send them to KK. To dive the developers some general information about the hardware it could send the contents of DxDiag.txt with it.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 13:55
Well, for some reason, after the last two retail patches I have had only 2 FREs and virtually no syncs, and I'm running a shit load in the background.

But yeah, nice one dude.

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-08-03, 14:05
Nobody that ever tried has brought the genesis 3d engine up to direct x 7 standards, much less bring it in line with dx9.

for $49.00 usa, I bought the engine they used to make neocron. ( genesis 3d ) this was about 7 years ago, it came with a copy of msvs 6.0 and a book :/

I say it is remarkable what they have done so far with that engine, but they are too damn proud to admit they will never erradicate the fre's and sync errors.tbh it wouldent be soooo bad if only they diden't dick up the balence and design. bugs I can deal with, fucking up a games flow and changing things at will just to be cute is another story :mad:

but doy is nothing more than a hump in the road that I wish they would pass allready so we might see improvements come a bit quicker afterwards. And yes I would shell out another 30/40 bucks for an expansion that added a LOT of content and "positave" changes.

FBI
25-08-03, 14:08
They could have the client reconnect to the server once it
crashes or something, or relaunch the CLient.exe ..anything to
make crashing less of a pain.

Beanie McChimp
25-08-03, 19:32
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit

Seems like the only thing KK is doing well is it's spin doctoring :(

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/wirq131.jpg

d3ik
25-08-03, 19:52

Hmmm... where to begin. Unfortunately is appears that KK thinks the majority of it's player base are script kiddies and AOL'ers, what I think they fail to realize is that a good percentage of us are in the computer industry in one form or another. As for me, I have run Neocron on three different systems... all stable Windows (98SE, 2000, XP) systems with NO programs running in the background, no non-essential services running in the background, and a clean registry. All of their graphics were stability tested with some type of 3D Mark, and each of them ran other games of equal or greater complexity just fine. Sorry, KK... you do a lot of things right, but in this case the problem is on your end of the CAT-5.

Phiberdelic
25-08-03, 20:11
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
But still being capped is boring, and I would someday like to be able to solo a grim chaser, as I know there will be worse some day.

Huh???
I'm a little-bitch rifle-Spy at base INT 90 DEX 92...so not capped yet and I solo these all the damn time. Last night i think i did 5 Chasers and 8 Persecutors...Range really helps out, but even so you can get hit once maybe twice and then run around a tree or hill and heal, they aren't very fast.

Krll
25-08-03, 21:46
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/wirq131.jpg

I think that should be "Alistair Campbell", if that's the correct name, these days (Mr. Blairs number one spin doctor who had a big fisty cuffs with the BBC).

The Information Minister is classed as pure comedy. :)

-Krll

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-08-03, 23:18
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
Huh???
I'm a little-bitch rifle-Spy at base INT 90 DEX 92...so not capped yet and I solo these all the damn time. Last night i think i did 5 Chasers and 8 Persecutors...Range really helps out, but even so you can get hit once maybe twice and then run around a tree or hill and heal, they aren't very fast.

no I'm talkin about back in tha dayz status, where I can run around him and shoot the shit out of him till he is dead, and still have half a hp bar left ;)

@ d3ik amen m8, I have a 4 pc network. I work in the industry, and I have played neocron on about 5 different pc's. Actually my best run of neocron was on my old pc in beta running windows me :eek:

it really is just a matter of an outdated rendering engine.

Dirus
26-08-03, 03:20

18.)Will leveling as a trade get easier?
A: We will have a look at it. Have a look at the testserverforum. Maybe Lupus is doing something there.

Well. 13 is somewhat in the works atleast weapon wise, along with looking at the Loot Tables.

As for 18, thats more a planned for later thing, along with a look at the CityCom missions and various other aspects of the game.

One thing I can't stress enough is just how time consuming things are. Just the research on current in-game figures takes days to get accurate. Tho the most time comsuming process is probably the spreadsheets I make up to record all the numbers and test changes. Combined I think I've spent around 120hrs+ on both the Loot Tables and Weapon issues.

This is all happening when I get the chance to look at it however since I'm pretty much doing it all on my own accord in my free time. So just because I'm looking at anything doesn't mean the work I do will be put to use in the near future if at all.

neophotographer
26-08-03, 03:45
and we lub u for doing it Lupus. :)

Stacey

Psychoninja
26-08-03, 04:30
Originally posted by neophotographer
no safe zones in DoY? ew. that measn the trading area for that place willg et raided a lot I bet. :lol: there's a half neptune server for you right there. :lol:

Stacey

No one is going to steal from my chars atleast. It will eliminate alot of safe zone crap talk though :rolleyes:

*makes a list*

:angel:

QuantumDelta
03-09-03, 14:54
.......... @ 20 -_-

Before anyone askes about the slight bumpage... my only excuse was I wasn't around when this thing started, as for my comment..

a TH3 would be kinda useful since, by the looks of it, you ARE going to screw over all the non-city folk who have apts in plaza/via rossa (because we have no other choice logistically).

...Time to start moving crap....

Dribble Joy
03-09-03, 23:24
Even I (City Merc) have a TH2 apt, the fact that DoY bots are green to me, and all the evidence pointing to CM being neutral/allied to DoY scares me....