PDA

View Full Version : Whoever says KK support sucks....

d3ik
25-08-03, 05:55
I have heard quite a few people complain about KK's support team. I had my first experience with them yesterday, one of my chars was sync'd in Plaza so I sent an e-mail to support@neocron.com. I tried to log in a few minutes later and I was able to get in, it must've been a temporary bug... but then today I checked my e-mail:

First message: Sent 23 Aug 03, 21:41
Reply with Ticket#: Automatic/Instantaneous
Solution message: Sent 23 Aug 03, 22:37

To be honest, I was impressed. To get back to someone in under an hour, on a weekend, when they have plenty of people in-game to help out too, with a mostly (if not all) volunteer GM team. For my first experience I have nothing bad to say.

Mattimeo
25-08-03, 06:10
Usually they're on the ball and very good, but sometimes they just completely ignore an issue. i still have an unresolved issue, while I;ve had 2 issues after it was sent in solved.

Xian
25-08-03, 06:23
When I first bought NC I found my CD-key was already in use, so I e-mailed support/helpdesk (can't remember which) and got a reply in under an hour. Pity I had already buggered off to the shop to get a new CD. :p

I've e-mailed support 2 other times, one reply took 3 days the other took 2 hours.

Ferabukoo
25-08-03, 08:19
kk as a support team?

:rolleyes:

xkorpio
25-08-03, 10:32
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
kk as a support team?

:rolleyes:

I think you mean... "KK has a support team?"

;)

Itth
25-08-03, 14:40
i havnt had that many problems but...

once i tried to change faction to proto pharm, i paid 300k, but didnt change faction.

i mailed helpdesk, go to sleep, when i wake up, i got a mail saying ''Youre faction has been changed to proto pharm.''
that kinda impressed me since i got the feeling it would take days.

my CM epic speed gun came out with poor stats, i email helpdesk, they fix it.

Al3X
25-08-03, 15:05
lost my special forces chip due to a bug some time ago, so i emailed kk...
reply "sorry but there's nothing we can do, we can only offer you 100k as a compensation"
wtf? 100k.. FOR A SF CHIP :eek: you cant even buy a single part from that :(
kinda lost my faith in helpdesk due too that :(

MjukisDjur
25-08-03, 15:08
May I ask how you lost it? Sold it as loot? :)

HellHound
25-08-03, 15:13
I lost an entire apartment full of MC5 parts. True you kn-
ah, I can't say it. :rolleyes:

You can't blame customer support for handing you 100k. That's all they can do. You can blame KK for not being able to track stuff like that. o_O

enablerbr
25-08-03, 15:19
KK would need to log the following.

1) everytime you put something in or out of your GOGO.
2) everytime you put something in or out of your cabinents ( which app you did it in)
3) everytime you did a trade with another runner.
4) everytime you looted a corpse.
5) everytime you died.
6) everytime you zoned.

did i leave something out log wise.

Xin
25-08-03, 16:12
Originally posted by enablerbr

2) everytime you put something in or out of your cabinents ( which app you did it in)
5) everytime you died.
6) everytime you zoned.

They'd have to log every time an item left your body and every time you got an item.

I tried it on my MUD once upon a time and the logs were just ridiculous, for only an average of 20 players. It's probably not feasible for a game with thousands of players, even if the average is only 100ish.

The problem with Neocron is that even if it WAS possible, it still wouldn't do any good since items don't seem to have unique identifiers. Suppose Eraserhead reports that he dropped his 4 slot tride due to a bug. Logging "Eraserhead dropped item 45443. Xin picked up item 45443" is useful - Logging "eraserhead dropped a TRIDE cannon. Xin picked up a TRIDE cannon" is not. In the first case, we now that E gave X his 4 slot TRIDE (perhaps inadvertanlty). In the second case, we know that E lost some TRIDE cannon, and that X now has a TRIDE from somewhere, but there's no proof that it's the same one, or even the one in question.... Sure, time and location stamps might narrow it down, but aren't fullproof.

enablerbr, why would they have to log when you zone or die? Doing it your way, they'd also have to log putting items into corpses/boxes/the floor, and also looting QBs/backpacks/boxes.

enablerbr
25-08-03, 16:16
well dieing cause of the backpack thing. zoneing due to crashing . like you said 1 person keeping logs is fine but when u start talking more than that and in realtime. it'll just cause a major server headache.

KimmyG
25-08-03, 16:16
I think I said it and if I didn't

KK support sucks.

Nidhogg
25-08-03, 16:24
Originally posted by KimmyG
I think I said it and if I didn't

KK support sucks. Thanks for your constructive input. Why not try reading some of the posts above and suggesting something useful?

N

Dardalion
25-08-03, 16:56
Originally posted by enablerbr

5) everytime you died.
6) everytime you zoned.

AFAIK Jumpgate used to be able to do this - I had the same bug several times, they check the logs and give you ur items back.

Al3X
25-08-03, 19:02
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
May I ask how you lost it? Sold it as loot? :)
i died at gabanium, i respawned to gabanium to get my backpack, synched, crashed.. when i came back i was in the middle of the map, and a nice wb spawned next to me :rolleyes:
so i went back to p1, sold my loot (comp10's). and wanted pokes.. i putted my sf chip in my process window, kneeled for pokes, but got the message "you cannot use the implant" so i relogged. when i came back i saw that i was trying to implant a comp10 :wtf: and my sf was gone :eek:

Mankind
25-08-03, 19:04
Support was very helpful with me as well.

My account had a character with -100 SL. There's absolutely no way I can get that to 0 unless I take a month or two to do it. Support said once I pay for it, tell them and they will set it to 0 :)

Scikar
25-08-03, 19:26
Originally posted by Al3X
i died at gabanium, i respawned to gabanium to get my backpack, synched, crashed.. when i came back i was in the middle of the map, and a nice wb spawned next to me :rolleyes:
so i went back to p1, sold my loot (comp10's). and wanted pokes.. i putted my sf chip in my process window, kneeled for pokes, but got the message "you cannot use the implant" so i relogged. when i came back i saw that i was trying to implant a comp10 :wtf: and my sf was gone :eek:

That's a not too rare bug where your inventory gets shuffled around, which I've seen before, and it's the reason I get pokes and put my armor back on before I do _ANYTHING_ after I die, and if when I put some armor on it says "You cannot use this implant!" I relog.

And the compensation, as I understand it, used to be higher, but then people took advantage of KK's generosity and claimed to lose equipment they never had, as Odin said, one guy claimed his fully capped char had disappeared, but his account was only 4 hours old.

And in other MMORPGs which also have no logging system, there is no compensation at all.

Maarten
25-08-03, 19:52
I have one experience with the helpdesk.

No complaints about how fast they reply, but the solution to my problem was so simple and it took more then 10 mails back and forth to finally get it. I wonder why I didn't get it in the first mail...

Ah well, they are people after all, nobody is perfect.

I only wonder how it can happen that your inventory gets messed up. Some kind of miscommunication between server and client?

d3ik
25-08-03, 22:12
Originally posted by Maarten
I only wonder how it can happen that your inventory gets messed up. Some kind of miscommunication between server and client?

Well, you have to remember that your inventory is on the server. If it was on the client side, people would hack it locally and give themselves whatever items they want. Since it is on the server side, every time you move an item... whether it be from your inventory to a gogu to a cabinet, etc... there has to be communication to/from the server. Then there's the way that the database is updated. I don't know quite the system that KK has setup, but the basics of a SQL Update statement are "UPDATE table SET value1='newvalue' WHERE value2='filtervalue'". The where is the key here, because the where limits changing the value to only your characters stats, and possibly limits the change to the gogu, cab, etc (again, I don't know the specific setup KK has going on).

A problem I think KK is having also is with the apartments... each apartment has to have a unique identifier to be able to update it properly. My theory is that the script that issues the unique identifier isn't really making them too 'unique' so the 'where' part of the UPDATE/SELECT statement is causing it to overwrite another value in the table... namely a new apartment is created and overwrites someone's app filled with 1000 rare parts, etc because the new unique identifier is a repeat of the old rare-filled app.

Just my 2 minute database introduction, hope it helps.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 22:14
Originally posted by Mankind
Support was very helpful with me as well.

My account had a character with -100 SL. There's absolutely no way I can get that to 0 unless I take a month or two to do it. Support said once I pay for it, tell them and they will set it to 0 :)

That's not fair, my SL was -100 and I emailed them and I had to get it all the way back down to 0 naturally.

Omnituens
25-08-03, 23:17
most of my problems have been solved, all but 1 in fact.

my tank cant complete the PP epic, after i kill a tsnami char, none of the PP epic NPC (be it in PP HQ, the lab or OZ8) will confirm the kill. Snowcrash email me about it saying some sort of cryptic message, which i took to be "i've fixed it", but it wasnt.

but thats my only unsolve char problem ive got.