PDA

View Full Version : Player Referals/Advertising

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-03, 05:36
How about KK make some sort of deal where if you get someone to buy Neocron and that person who bought Neocron fills out this form on registration and in it, it asks who refered them. Then the person that refered them, gets any ONE item of choice ingame. That could include any item of choice ingame, like 5 slot all artifact CS or MC5 chip, etc.

What do you guys think?

Arcadius
25-08-03, 05:47
Abuse Inc.

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-03, 05:52
Abuse? Are people actually stupid enough to buy Neocron just for one of those items? Probably.. I underestimate the MMORPG community sometimes, I guess mainly because this is my first MMORPG. But either way, that still means $$ for KK and potentially more customers.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 05:57
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Abuse? Are people actually stupid enough to buy Neocron just for one of those items? Probably.. I underestimate the MMORPG community sometimes, I guess mainly because this is my first MMORPG. But either way, that still means $$ for KK and potentially more customers.

I could buy an extra account and say that Arcadius referred me.

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Arcadius
I could buy an extra account and say that Arcadius referred me.

What about the credit card number and address you sign up with along with your IP. I know all of those could be bypassed, but it is still something you can use against those people. I am sure there are other things that could be used so people couldn't do that if infact KK didnt want them to do that.

leethasbro
25-08-03, 06:00
ADNB THEAN BUYE ANOTHAR ONE ADN SY THE GUY WHO ARCADIUS REFAAERED REFAEREED YUO!~!!2 OMG!!2 I'LL TAEK 5 5 SLOET CS GUNES PLZ!! KTHXBYE!

Drexel
25-08-03, 06:13
Damn, Ive already got 6 of my mates hooked on the game.

Im running outta friends.

& yes people could abuse this buy opening multiple accounts for only one month, but maybe if they based the reward on the signup term, meaning 6 mth = good, 1 mth = crap.

Im not sure how KK would feel about 'selling' the reward for the price of a signup period.

It would definatly be wideley abbused, so they mayaswell just sell GM spawned weapons on ebay for the cash, if they wanted to raise money that bad.

Maybe a discount on the cost of next term renewal for the referer would be slightly less exploitable.

But as it is, im refering everyone I can think of for free now... so, hmmm.

Cyphor
25-08-03, 06:16
wouldnt work as said abuse etc.
However a months free play for everyone who gets someone to pay for a month could be done :) or something along them lines...emm 100k ingame money or some other amount may work too. MC5 and 5 slotted weapons no, they would get alot more accounts for one month, then they would all surprisingly be cancelled :p and it would imbalance the game.
And about credit cards ips etc, it would be alot easier to log on on another machine or use another credit card than camp mc5 atm :o