PDA

View Full Version : Do you think PEs should get their own brand of PSI?

Arcadius
25-08-03, 01:31
EPU maybe? OR just some special spells with PSI+Dex or PSI+Str reqs?

Maybe the justification could be that certain spells cannot be used by PSIs because it puts too much of a strain on their fragile bodies, hence PEs are capable of using it?

Maybe making some of these spells good enough to MAKE a support role for pes in op wars?

I won't get into specifics just yet.

This isn't a brainport thread, I'm just curious to see what other people think.

Breschau
25-08-03, 01:38
I'd be interested in any ideas that makes PE a seperate unique class instead of 'a little bit of all the other classes'.

Course, whether I actually like the ideas will vary, but I'd definitely give any I saw some serious thought.

For this particular psi suggestion, I suppose it'd depend on what kinda spells.. I can't think of much that's not already covered by apu/ppu (I voted not sure, since I can't really think of examples of spells they could get).

Pwnage
25-08-03, 01:41
I think PE's PSI is just fine the way it is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 01:43
Originally posted by Pwnage
I think PE's PSI is just fine the way it is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Cool, but btw I wasn't intending to say that they would lose any spells they have now.

But oh well.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 01:46
Indeed, Shelter/Blessed Deflector/Pistol-or-Rifle boost 1/spy boost 1/Psi shield/Heat 1 is enough at the mo. :P

Pwnage
25-08-03, 01:46
I understand what you're trying to say, and I may have come off harsh, but really, the way the PSI is setup on Private Eyes right now works fantasticaly.

People want the increase to 40 PSI... I'll take my 25 extra points in CON, thank you very much.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 01:47
25 points in con or PSI shield and heat/haz1 and res 1?

40 PSI please.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 01:50
haha so much for that idea.

Judge
25-08-03, 01:50
Indeed Dribble joy. I would love to have 40 psi...

I'm quite interested to hear your ideas arcadius. Fire away.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 01:53
If only there was a redflash/beast version of drug for INT/PSI, destrol forte lasts too short a time.

But yeah, lets see what Arc. had in mind.

Pwnage
25-08-03, 01:55
I dunno.. hitting a single drug to cast a heat/haz that will last you 10 mins doesn't seem that bad to me.

PSI shield isn't that big of a problem, but I guess it would be nice to be able to cast it on demand...

It's a toss up tho.
5 con levels + 25 points in con might do more for you than a consistant PSI shield

Oh, and I would also like to hear Arc's ideas... he made this post for a reason :)

Drake6k
25-08-03, 02:00
I think pe should get some kind of support spells. Maybe a raise dead spell that makes target get up without armor on? Would be nice if they could at least use heat/haz1 and the level 2 skill buffs. Shouldnt be able to use psi shield though.

Would be very cool if kk made apu private eyes useful. Support/damage spells or something.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 02:01
Just think, Heat 1: fire res +20, Energy +20, HTL +15, or 25 points in one of them..., bleh sorry lets stay OT.

Judge
25-08-03, 02:05
Originally posted by Drake6k
I think pe should get some kind of support spells. Maybe a raise dead spell that makes target get up without armor on? Would be nice if they could at least use heat/haz1 and the level 2 skill buffs. Shouldnt be able to use psi shield though.

Would be very cool if kk made apu private eyes useful. Support/damage spells or something.

Yup, well maybe not the Raise Dead spell.... Maybe give like 2% synaptic as well as no armour on.

Drake6k
25-08-03, 02:07
Originally posted by Judge
Yup, well maybe not the Raise Dead spell.... Maybe give like 2% synaptic as well as no armour on.

I could accept worse than that. No armor and 20% imped. Would still be great.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 02:08
Personally I think ressing in any form should be kept to the monk3hs, people complain enough about the PEs 'stealing' the other classes stuff.

Judge
25-08-03, 02:15
Hmm... maybe your right. I mean enough people complain about the stealth device alone. *Tries to resist starting argument with arcadius again*

So maybe it would be for the greater good. But some sort of support spell would be good. Then we could be front fighters or could be support. Great plan. :D

Pwnage
25-08-03, 02:16
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Just think, Heat 1: fire res +20, Energy +20, HTL +15, or 25 points in one of them..., bleh sorry lets stay OT.

I know... but one single drug that you need to take every 10 mins for BOTH of those. Seems better to me.

As for the raise dead, that's a pretty good idea. Strip the armor, and at least 20% synap... it would have to be something that would cost all of the PEs mana (which isn't much) but have side effects (armor, SI) to keep the monks from using it.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 02:23
Hmm... maybe your right. I mean enough people complain about the stealth device alone. *Tries to resist starting argument with arcadius again*

No, i didn't complain that PEs got stealth because it should be spy only, I complained because I felt their defense was too strong to justify having stealth.

Let's not start this again. :D

So maybe it would be for the greater good. But some sort of support spell would be good. Then we could be front fighters or could be support. Great plan. :D

I always thought PEs should be like 'battle mages' of Neocron. IMO they should have a stronger support role in op wars, not just fodder. :p

I'll post my spell ideas later.

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 02:23
Yes but with 40 PSI you don't need drugs.

Perhaps due to PEs mana pool being shite (unless they change the PSU back to before) for the bigger spells they could use STA? as well?

wolfus1
25-08-03, 02:25
if u changed spells for pe's ull get tanks wanting there own spells then spys the point of a ppu is to support every one not for ppl to go off and do there own things then the job of the ppu would'
nt be needed as much so what are they suppose to do just stand there and rez.

EDIT: soz if this does'nt mak sense its 1 in the morning im tired and bored O_o

Arcadius
25-08-03, 02:28
Originally posted by wolfus1
if u changed spells for pe's ull get tanks wanting there own spells then spys the point of a ppu is to support every one not for ppl to go off and do there own things then the job of the ppu would'
nt be needed as much so what are they suppose to do just stand there and rez.

Tanks want their own spells? I didn't even understand the rest of your post.

lol

Dribble Joy
25-08-03, 02:29
We're just throwing around ideas, I seriously doubt any of it will happen :p

Heavyporker
25-08-03, 03:23
absolutely not to whatever sort of PE ressurect...

but I kind of like some special PE only spells that only PEs can safely use because of their stronger bodies...

like "Steroid Focus" that gives the PE casting it (see, its self-cast only) extra STR and CON for say ten minutes, but gives 5% synaptic at the end, needs like 30 PSI and 35 STR for the first level (so that its well out of PSI reach), because its like the PE "pumps" himself up...

then PEs would think twice about just casting that spell willy nilly...

For PEs helping others, perhaps a "Shadower" spell that the PE casts on a target (either himself or someone else) that makes the target look really blurry - like a bad carnival mirror, and the target hitbox osicclates from small to large, making it hard to get a lock on the target... this would last for two minutes. The PE would need about 40 STR and maybe 35 PSI... For the PE that casts it though, his mana will be totally drained (no refill whatsoever) *AND* he loses 50 HP for the duration of the spell *AND* any health buffs on the PE caster is dispelled...

This wouldn't be a problem for rifle PEs good with sniping, see, and they could have more PSI influence on their team.

What do you think?

Arcadius
25-08-03, 04:25
Great minds think alike Porker. ;)

Pill
25-08-03, 10:07
damn pe haters :(

Arcadius
25-08-03, 10:12
I wonder how many pes voted no.