PDA

View Full Version : Brainsport idea:Additional OP turret

Roc-a-fella
24-08-03, 22:08
That is a camera! it would move side to side just so far like a normal survalence camera and u could set certain number of them

Heres the ways you would be able to see them EVERYONE IN THE CLAN COULD DO THIS
you know the size of the alt-m map? thats the size it would me it would be something like ALT-C and it would show one camera for 5 sec, then switch to another and go over and over, ALSO youd be able to access view of all of them through citycom also.

Camera's wouldnt have very good resistance against weapons but they would be able be able to blend in sort of good and they'd be rather small so they could be placed in small hard to get places.

Camera Alarms

The camera would detect movement, so if it detected movement the clan would get a message something like

Camera #1 detected movement.

Then the clan members/leader would look through the cameras and see whats going on.

the camera wouldnt be able to identify something like tell someones name or clan or see chat boxes above there heads when they said something OR see when damage is done to something/someone

Bosk
24-08-03, 22:25
Wouldn't you have to go thru synch when switching to the camera view, and then thru synch again when switching back to the view from your body? Maybe it would be worth it, but I think whatever moved would be gone by the time you synched in. Interesting idea though... I like the concept.

Roc-a-fella
24-08-03, 22:37
ehh what are you talking about man? i said nothing about looking at cameras while dead?

Birkoff
24-08-03, 22:41
Kewl idea, won't happen thoguh to much work.

Shouldn't this be in the brainport thread? :)

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 22:55
Yeah, I said something similiar - cameras mounted on grs so ppl can pay a fee to NExT to look through the camera for like 10 seconds to determine if they want to gr through to that spot.

This would be the logical extension... yeah, it should be easy to do - say make it like a immobile scout drone (can zoom with lefy mouse button as well) and those looking through it would see a simplified view like a droner would see through a scout drone...

My description makes it sound like all KK has to do is slap on the stun trap graphic, slap on the turret emplacement and warning procedures, affix the scout drone ability, *THEN* the hard part would be to make it usable by going through the terminal - *use terminal, go to info, go to OP, go to clan-owned OP entry, go to new "surviellance" function, go to list of emplaced camera views, then *sync* into camera view, look around, then hit "ESC" to return to terminal view.*

You wouldnt be able to rotate it, I think - it would be an automatic panning cycle (shades of Duke Nukem! :D ) All you do is sit there and look.

Absolutely brilliant idea, five stars from me.

Morpheous
24-08-03, 23:08
man that is the best idea i heard since my last one... :)

you could make it easier (?) by having it in a handheld unit with no Reqs, that you can buy from crytons. It would add another think to RPOS about the size of 4 of the minimaps... that you could change from a list of cameras...and you should be able to fire from the access unit too, like taking control of a turret...would be kewl :) maybe need ammo for manual use...very good man!

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 23:30
uh no... no tools, no tools...

let's keep it simple... camera turrets to surveil your OPs, and use the citycom terminal to access the turrets and get a fullscreen view (look, you seen the minimaps?! even four of them is looking through a pinhole).

The OP's surviellance function in the terminal would have to be locked to the owning clan, just like the Security setting.

HEY!!! I got a brilliant, just brilliant idea.... what if hacking the camera turrets, thereby interfering with the OP computer network, makes all the other turrets have either a 1 in 3 or 50/50 chance of warning the owning clan they were blown up?

Definitely would make things more interesting at the very least.

Roc-a-fella
25-08-03, 00:27
cool glad you all like it

Omnituens
25-08-03, 00:47
"quick, send an army to jeriko, camara has detected movement!"

*army GRs in*

*finds a stinger under camara*

"RUN AWAY!"

FBI
25-08-03, 01:50
I love the idea, maybe hackers could intercept the feeds too?

Anyway, grea idea. 5

Roc-a-fella
25-08-03, 02:30
Originally posted by Omnituens
"quick, send an army to jeriko, camara has detected movement!"

*army GRs in*

*finds a stinger under camara*

"RUN AWAY!"

i stated above that when it censor'd something ud be able to use camera to look into OP and if there werent runners there you wouldnt have to go

Omnituens
25-08-03, 03:09
Originally posted by Roc-a-fella
i stated above that when it censor'd something ud be able to use camera to look into OP and if there werent runners there you wouldnt have to go
errr.... it was a joke :wtf:

Heavyporker
25-08-03, 03:11
yeah... what idiot would lay down camera turrets, then have an army GR in without even looking, huh?

anyways, I *love* having hackers be able to intercept the feeds from an OP at a terminal, and could even look thorough the cameras if they hacked into the feed...

Hey, HackNet won't come all at once... so I will take gradual as long as each piece of HackNet is significant each time each piece comes...

Like my terminal hacking idea on brainport about separating public and private information of runners, and letting hackers try to hack into the private data...

Then that camera turret thingie...

And so on and on.

Marx
25-08-03, 05:36
You'd still have to synchronize a bit.

Though it'd be interesting it'd be a pretty bit of work for KK.

Not to mention after awhile people would stop using them and just go to their OP anyway - seeing as they do that now.

Heavyporker
25-08-03, 07:50
well yeah, obviously one would have to sync over when changing to camera view and back.

if you read my thoughts about the coding involved, I don't think the work would be too massive, really. I guessimate it to be around like 5 to 6 hours for one coder to get the basic package set up, then maybe a couple hours for the others to check over it and see how it integrates into the game...

THEN comes like 50 hours of testing, heh.

Marx
25-08-03, 08:56
Yeah, but would it be worth it if no one uses it after it looses its "OMG NEW STUFF" appeal?

:(

Heavyporker
25-08-03, 14:37
*I* would make my clan use it.

I mean, think about it - certainly anyone could see the sense of sparing a turret slot in an OP, and put the turret up on a roof overlooking the whole OP or focus the camera turret at the Underground Entrance or even put it inside the UG...

This would have a significant influence on inital contact in OP battles. Remember that advance info can be just as important as an extra gun in the first few minutes of an OP engagement.

Roc-a-fella
25-08-03, 17:41
This might be faulty in the desert OP's where scorpions are always inside OP's and wolves

but i like the idea of like if some noob goes into ur clan and shoots ur turrets(alone) you will know its just a single person, and i was just thinking i really wanna drive one of those flying vehicles when they come out but i dont wanna gimp myself haha

SigmaDraconis
25-08-03, 17:49
KICKASS IDEA....and it shouldnt be very hard to impliment..think about it...what is an observer drone?

[EDIT] this kinda falls in with the many player-controled Turret ideas, no?

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 05:06
*slap* *slap*

Roc-a fella, the camera turret would just be set to detect the energy signature of runners...

And sigma... what do you think I used to describe the basis of the camera turret? I practically laid it all out for KK.

Practically just two freaking hours for KK to make the whole camera turret object and put it the game, I bet.

edit- oh, and it wouldnt be player controlled - only player usable.