PDA

View Full Version : Droner idea

Cyphor
24-08-03, 19:01
In the past KK have said that there would be mines in the game that a spy can set. So why not give them to the droner. One of the probs with a droner in pvp is you get no warning before your meatsack falls, (ok you get little red dots on your screen but when u die in 2 hits of most weps that helps :o ).
The droner could mine his position so when someone gets close the mine is set off, and they could get a proximity warning on their screen, with the mine being about as dangerous as a kk drone, thus taking the attacker down quite abit of health but not so much it overpowered. Then the droner can either bring the drone back, or use a pistol or stealth or anything else for that matter depending on how close he placed the mines and what the droner feels is the best tactics.

Critisisims and comments please :)

Hell-demon
24-08-03, 19:06
But cant the attacker just jump over the mines:rolleyes:

Or what if they are a sniper, they can still pick you off. But mines would be a good addition:)

Cyphor
24-08-03, 19:17
Originally posted by Hell-demon
But cant the attacker just jump over the mines:rolleyes:

Or what if they are a sniper, they can still pick you off. But mines would be a good addition:)

Yes and yes but no weapon can be unstopable, or people would just moan :) best idea would be to find a alcove in cliffs or something, hard for a sniper to get near you. And try to hide where the mines are placed so harder to avoid, and make them proximity sensored not just when u stand on them. Also if someone spots mines they should be able to shoot them to blow them up, thus making it as important as poss to hide them.

Edit: the one class that could easily get to you would be another droner :D

Hell-demon
24-08-03, 19:20
The mine could be cloaked, but that would make them over powered........

Cyphor
24-08-03, 19:23
Originally posted by Hell-demon
The mine could be cloaked, but that would make them over powered........

That could be a sweet idea for rare mines :) dont think it would be too overpowered as the mine on its own wont be too deadly, it would be more to tell you someone is close and give the droner an advantage in combat or running against them :)

Judge
24-08-03, 19:51
I think that cloaked proximity mines and non-cloaked damaging mines would be the best. And also yes I think that having RCL as the skill which allows use of Mines would rock.

EDIT: But maybe make them have an int req too.

Bosk
24-08-03, 22:20
I like the mines idea if droners aren't going to get a 'Local' window to tell them who's near their body. I'd prefer the local window though.

Hell, the mine doesn't even need to explode. Just let it work like a sanctum spell that notifies the droner when someone enters the sanctum.

Omnituens
25-08-03, 00:21
droners should just strap a kamakize drone to their foreheads and nut the smegger to oblivion!