PDA

View Full Version : Big spider cocoon 36/36 where are they ?

zewy
24-08-03, 11:35
do anyone know?

KidWithStick
24-08-03, 11:36
wtf u talkin about

VVerevvolf
24-08-03, 11:37
These were in all sewers in the beta, they spawned little spiders, and when you killed them, there were no more spiders spawning, and all players in the sewer got mad :D
They are gone though :(

Oath
24-08-03, 11:38
I
HAVE
NO
IDEA
WHATSOEVER

CARE TO ELABORATE????

O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: o_O o_O o_O

/edit damn too slow.

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 11:39
they're in the other MC5 buildings - not the noob one, the real one.

you have to kill about five MC5 guards and take their keys from them to open the "spider lair"

once in , you have to kill the three 120/120 dragonfly guards that spawn five stingers at a time

after them are the nine 90/90 virous plants

then after them are thirteen bats transported from the crystal caves

only after killing them all will you be able to get to the 120/120 Spider Queen that spawns 30 large poisonous spiders at a time.

however, once there, you *could* try to run in past them to get to the cocoons behind the queen, bust some of them apart, then take the organics, then run out before she gets on you... but that'll be tough... might be better just to kill them all...

good luck on that.

KidWithStick
24-08-03, 11:39
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
These were in all sewers in the beta, they spawned little spiders, and when you killed them, there were no more spiders spawning, and all players in the sewer got mad :D
They are gone though :(

what beta was that?

Oath
24-08-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Heavyporker

you have to kill about five MC5 guards and take their keys from them to open the "spider lair"

once in , you have to kill the three 120/120 dragonfly guards that spawn five stingers at a time

only after killing them all will you be able to get to the 120/120 Spider Queen that spawns 30 large poisonous spiders at a time.

however, once there, you *could* try to run in past them to get to the cocoons behind the queen, bust some of them apart, then take the organics, then run out before she gets on you... but that'll be tough... might be better just to kill them all...

good luck on that.

Are you talking shit?

KidWithStick
24-08-03, 11:42
Originally posted by Oath
Are you talking shit?

no...

G.0.D.
24-08-03, 11:44
took all of pimp to do that one :P

hard ass shit those spider queens

Oath
24-08-03, 11:44
no...

Ok i go try it !11111111oneonoen <------- see noob speak

or perhaps i wont.

LoL

Oath.

Nixon
24-08-03, 11:47

LOOL :P

VVerevvolf
24-08-03, 11:47
In the beginning of beta 4. I think they changed the mobspawn system in the sewers in the middle of beta 4.

Omnituens
24-08-03, 12:07
Fenyx's sig holds the answer.

FarSight
24-08-03, 13:03
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
In the beginning of beta 4. I think they changed the mobspawn system in the sewers in the middle of beta 4.

yes i remember ... cocoon spwn small spiders and only those spiders had chitin .... first days of B4

tekno_tot
24-08-03, 15:05
yea. there were cocoons in the sewers. when i was a temp GM i changed my avitar skin to a cocoon. they took them out in retail. they took alot of good ideas out for retail. like for instance... Regants fortress or legacy whatever. IE: DarkMetal ..... Oz 7 concept that turned into nothing. the north mines of Tezla....no point to these establishments.

VVerevvolf
24-08-03, 15:23
Regants Legacy will become part of the story line soon.

bibliotequa
25-08-03, 23:36
Well, like these ppl said, they were in the back of the sewers in beta, they spawn little spiders, there are 3 types, something like 10/10 20/20 and 30/30 not sure on the exact numbers, but its around there, they can spawn i think from small spiders to fierce spiders, lupus showed them to me while we were coming up with mobs for the boss mobs thing, anyway, yeah, they pwn, it would take tons of newbies to tackle those things, i mean, the thing poisons you i think, and has a lot of hlt, AND it spawns like 3 spiders or so at a time, do you remember being a newb with like 60 hlt? remember how spiders took awya like 20 of it, and spiders 10? now imagine 3 spiders, anything else in the area, and the cacoon, some1 cant solo that as a newbeh, and one newbeh will take ages to kill it, but in a group... pwnage. Anyway, yeah, poker is bsing, theyre only 40/40 stingers, but they hurt more than the mc5 commander :p (j/k about the stingers, the rest was teh truth)

Cass
26-08-03, 02:43

good luck on that.

I'd love to see screenies if anyone's got them. Cmon, someone's gotta!

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 04:58
I've never seen spider cocoons myself... maybe a beta vet could show some screenies of them if anyone has some?

Yeah, I have heard about and seen screenies of Darkmetal, and I have gone over to the huge building of Regant's Legacy...

What mines north of tzela? are you talking about gaya mines? they're in retail... well... gaya mine enter C, as far as I know, is completely unpopulated by any mobs...

Why can't KK just redesign OZ 7 so there wouldnt be as many clipping errors (i heard that was why KK closed off OZ7).
Yeah, saw screenies of OZ 7... omg, that looked like it kicked ass.

Anyways, I would love it if spider cocoons came back, I want to do those recipes that need cocoons and those other organics.

SovKhan
26-08-03, 05:03
maybe OZ7 will be crahn abby.... naww couldnt be

yes the cacoons spawned in beta 4.

regants legacy is currently broken, rumor is it will be in storyline soon (me thinks of the mutant attacks in news lately)

Rob01m
26-08-03, 05:11
Those spider cacoons have been removed for a while.

By any chance are you interested in them because they drop level 2 implants? You can also try to look for TerrorLeapers which aren't all that rare anymore in certain zones.

Heavyporker
26-08-03, 05:19
uhh... read what I said...

SovKhan
26-08-03, 05:21
well they did drop 2nd lvl implants now even if they were on server.... they have completly revamped drop system to basicly:

UNDER RANK 75/75 ** diddly squat
75/75 ** 2nd & 3rd lvl imps to rareparts vehical part 10's ect...

which i hate because u cant go hunting. makes it so you have to Farm a mob in order to get a varity of parts, with the acception of batqueen shit ect..
its kill WB, WBT, WBT, WB, WB (found a low tech rarepart and a vehical part 9)

firemobs same thing cept no hacking basicly. so repeditive.

i agree with rank determineing rare part drop, but lvl 2 implants comon even 3rd lvl implants, could have some nice dungens somewhere or something.

Sanctus
26-08-03, 08:58
"75/75 ** 2nd & 3rd lvl imps to rareparts vehical part 10's ect..."

I know for a fact that this is not entirely true. some lower mobs drop V10's and lesser

Q`alooaith
26-08-03, 11:11
I've had the 50/50 spiderbots drop VHC 10's before.

It'd be nice if some of these things could have been put in fully..

Maybe Spider queen spawn = cacoon
Cacoon spawn = Spiders..

Which might be fun..

Original monk
26-08-03, 13:07
i wish the sipercocoons came back, i remember em of beta4, they owned lol, by that i mean that they looked veery nice a large big yellow-greenish ball that has a few spiders sittin on top of it and it spawns enormous amounts of spiders, i want them back :P

zewy
26-08-03, 13:25
they drop filter heart 2 that is way I was intrested in em.

Shockwave
26-08-03, 14:16

{snip}

Ok, I'm curious now: Where is this spider lair you have to unlock, what does the spider queen drop, and what do the cocoons drop that people seem to want?

As to sprinting in, grabbing, and running: Could this be a job for an Obliterator?

Shock.

Sanctus
26-08-03, 15:36
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I've had the 50/50 spiderbots drop VHC 10's before.

It'd be nice if some of these things could have been put in fully..

Maybe Spider queen spawn = cacoon
Cacoon spawn = Spiders..

Which might be fun..

Yep those too, but i also mean even lower mobs

Shockwave
26-08-03, 15:48
On the subject of Vehicle Component 10's, I've had C-10s out of a Small Spiderbot and even a Sentinel before. The loot on a mob seems to increase a lot when that mob's killed a runner. The Sentinel I got the C-10 from was knee-deep in QBs.

Shock.

Dubhead
26-08-03, 16:06
I regularly(ie once every run through) find vehicle component 10's in the energy cores at techhaven, and those are only 40/40 mobs and lower.