PDA

View Full Version : Let's revamp Mob-dropped Uniques

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 10:13
Since there has been no alternation in the mob dropped uniques since I proposed that they drop at a higher state of quality, let's make them REALLY unique.

Let's make them fit the mobs that drop them or at least their purpose/effect...

* Chaos Queen Flameavalanche should fire THREE fireballs, just like the queen! Proper stacking effect, finally. I say since they drop at only good to better qualities currently, keep the damage per ball they do currently so they can actually compete against the player built fire beams.

* S.T.O.R.M Laser should perhaps change to being pulse-laser... then it would be the ONLY pulse-laser cannon, making it pretty damn unique.

* Energy Soulblade should have an extra long blade - about twice the length of standard laserblades, effectively increasing their range... with the nerf to melee weapons that I hear are in the works, the extra range of the ESB would have meleeists screaming to get it, braving even the abattior of the Apparition Cavern (*shudder* recalls being in that cave *shudders again* - even though that cave is GORGEOUS, its a deathpit when I was there, it's most likely moreso now). Oh, and the blade should be invisible or really dim, like a glassy effect... just like the apparition... my god, imagine it - people would stand there laughing at the meleeist when he walks up to them seemingly unarmed, then gasp in horror as he tears at them with a seemingly nonexistent weapon or even just his fists?!

* Judgement Day Launcher should have a base damage of X-ray. YES! You heard me right! X-Ray, along with fire and force! After all, is not the Doom Harbinger the boss of the Ceres Mutants, and thus, an warrior charged by DoY to cause havoc and ruin? Does DoY not have a love affair with adding X-Ray damage capability to their weapons? Then with a base of three types of damage, one of them non-standard for rockets, they would have interesting effects in combat, methinks

I think that those changes would make them REALLY unique and desirable to get and even useful in combat...

Then you, KK, would be justified in leaving them dropping at only "good" and "better" qualities, as the power could be markedly more powerful than their counterpart TL weaponry, but still below those of rares.

what do you guys think?

p.s - arcadius, don't tell me you wouldn't thrill at the thought of sniping people with triple fireballs and making them think a firemob's just engaging them and they come to the source and find to their horror that it's a full-fledged APU there! :D muahaahahahahaaahaha!

Stigmata
24-08-03, 10:16
nice idea

Andy

Benjie
24-08-03, 10:18
Does DoY not have a love affair with adding X-Ray damage capability to their weapons?
I am pretty certain that they do! :)

Tenner says that everybody loves these ideas except the Judgment Day Launcher one. I can feel those pesky spy's and monks itching to give Tanks yet another hard time.

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 10:49
What would be wrong with my Judgement Day Launcher idea?
The only other idea I had to do with it was to EITHER make it shoot twice as fast as any other standard rocket launcher (you ever fought the Doom Harbinger? Fucking hail of death boom-booms) or to double the area effect (Doom Harbinger shooting them in one corner of the room practically shredded you even though you were at the other end of the room...)

That would't really be as especially noticeably unique as I wanted to make it.

But other than making it spew bursts of three rockets at a time, thats what I have.

Maybe a poll on the JDL?

Vote to modify the JDL to:

*Include X-Ray base damage

*minimum 25% increase in natural frequency

*double the size of area effect coverage

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 21:35
oh, and maybe, just maybe, there oughta be some sort of Mob Dropped Weapon or two for spies?

Something like a TL 90 Nailgun that drops off a specific kind of mutant.... then ppl could mod it with poison and they can have all the fun they want with it :D

mdares
24-08-03, 23:17
dont forget:

RARE FLAMERS!!!

:D

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 23:25
Hey, that's something - A mob unique flamer.... perhaps it drops off some special version of the Decayed Brute? Would be kind of cool to run to the steppes, find some sort of enormous nest, walk up and over, and then find to your horror that inside are a mother Decayed Brute...

That sounds perfect...

MORE MOB UNIQUES! BUT FIX THE CURRENT ONES FIRST!

Judge
24-08-03, 23:30
Argh.... I'm torn between hating mob dropped weapons if they were good because people would just camp out the mobs fora ges to get a good one.... and thinking that its a good idea because it will take a bit of emphasis off rares and will make less cookie cutter setups/add more variation or customisation into characters.

Maybe make them all at least one slot as well.... Might stop people just camping them out all the time.... I dunno really. :(

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 23:34
Yeah.... you're right... A one-slot minimum would rock.

But still, I would have thought that APU monks would have screamed in joy to be able to shoot triple-fireballs and Meleeists to jump around in joy at a double-range laserblade what with the range nerf.

Judge
24-08-03, 23:36
I would like there to be loads and loads of different Mob Drops if they are gonna be made better.... also maybe some mid/low level ones. I just want more fucking weapons god dammit.....

Omnituens
25-08-03, 00:05
i think upping the quality will do for now.
and slot chance.

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 10:39
Yeah, omnituens... FOR NOW.

I still want fundamental changes to the mob uniques. Everything with them is too damn cookiecuttered with the storeboughts.

SorkZmok
31-08-03, 10:52
Before there would be any change to to that, I WANT PISTOLS AND RIFLES TOO. Its just shit that there 1 rare melee, 1 rare APU spell and lots of rare heavy combat weapons but not ONE damn thing for spys.

/edit

Originally posted by Heavyporker
Yeah.... you're right... A one-slot minimum would rock.

Heh, at first epic guns need to have 1 slot at least. Cause as the system is now, a gun without slots is shit.

Breschau
31-08-03, 10:57
Nice ideas.

Although before rare flamers I'd like to just see the existing ones made useful (specifically: range of about 15-20m instead of, well, 1m and damage boosted a bit - they simply aren't comparable with other weapons of similar TL).

Omnituens
31-08-03, 11:03
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Yeah, omnituens... FOR NOW.

I still want fundamental changes to the mob uniques. Everything with them is too damn cookiecuttered with the storeboughts.
i didnt say your ideas were bad, i fully support your ideas. but its easier for KK to up the quality than to redo the drops.

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 11:16
Yeah... :(

probably, but it doesnt invalidate the ideas....

anyone else have more ideas for redoing mob rares or making new ones?