PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to meet you all....

Nilyen
24-08-03, 06:04
Well, I just installed this game, and I'm going through patch hell... I'm impressed by the community here, the RL Picture thread was pretty neat to surf through while downloading 500 gigs of patches... Just wanted to say Hey to you all, and that I'll probably be joining Pluto, please be nice to the n00b :)

Arcadius
24-08-03, 06:14
rofl, nice sig. :p

Welcome to Neocron. If you need some help, Direct Message Shadow Dancer on pluto.

That's if you join pluto. ;)

VetteroX
24-08-03, 06:26
yeah, people here want to keep new players so pretty much im sure theres a lot of people who will direct msg you and help u out if you post your character name here. just make sure to get the hell out of mc5( the start location) as fast as possible, and the fun will begin. See if you can get a guide to show you some good start leveling spots and some good starter equiptment.

Catmanoct
24-08-03, 06:28
Hey Nil,
Did you ever play Asheron's Call on the Solclaim server? The name is really familiar to someone I used to hunt when I played AC a year and a half ago. If so, I was Cairn Eldwin and Keoni the Just. Just wondering ;)

Nilyen
24-08-03, 06:32
Keoni??

Hmm... Did you teach me to be a bowman? I think it was solclaim that I played on... was on like 2 I think, but there was one, i played a bowman to like level 25?

Nilyen
24-08-03, 06:34
Oh, and btw... My Characters name will be Nilyen.... well if its not taken....

Never heard of getting out of the n00bie area asap if your a n00b =P

G.0.D.
24-08-03, 06:37
make sure ur downloading the patches directly and not with the outa updater,,, its much faster

wekcine 2 neocron

Nilyen
24-08-03, 06:39
Oh, well hell... no wonder its taking so long then...

And about AC... hmm... I was monarched to Shaidylan, or somethin like that... if that helps....

ZoneVortex
24-08-03, 07:02
Welcome.

VetteroX
24-08-03, 07:18
trust me, mc5 is horrible. GR out of there, get in the city, and level in the sewers. easy and much better xp.

Nilyen
24-08-03, 07:23
Well, I gotta say, its pretty gay you can't create a new character after you delete yours... Whats this waiting of 25 minutes thing? Blah...

Well anyway, I still don't know what MC5 is... or even how to get to the city once I'm there....Guess I'll be figurin it out :)

Characters name is Nilyan... Seem's Nilyen is taken...

KidWithStick
24-08-03, 08:24
your not downloading the patches from the patcher are you?

try this site...

ftp.neocron.com

much much faster

edit: nevermind...didnt read whole thread...

double edit:

if you need help on pluto direct me ingame or email me ingame

KidWithStick is my name on pluto

Nilyen
24-08-03, 09:02
Well, I made a Private Eye / Special Agent...

From what I've heard so far, its a poor choice, but oh well, 1 char per server and I don't really feel like waitin 25 minutes again... I guess I can work on it....

I found the sewers... Shadow Dancer helped me out some.... Gettin my groove on... Though I think, if I make a new char, it'll be a Psi Monk...seems like fun :)

VetteroX
24-08-03, 09:37
PE's own, trust me. do not take the premade thing, assign the points yourself. I recommed have no tc at the start, and going maybe 20 - 30 agil, all the rest of dex in pistols or rifles, your choice. Con, you get 10 points, 5 health 5, ath. st, you may want some melee, or put it all into trasport to start, later you will want resit force. psi, you get 2 points, put them in psi power. int, 1/2 weapon lore, and 1/2 into the tradskill of your choise to start... or no tradskill and put into psi use if you wish.

Dont make the mistake many of us made when we were totaly new, just putting a few points in everything, ask for some help with whatever char you have, discuss your long term goal (total fighter, support char, tradskiller) and have someone help you plan out your character.

Arcadius
24-08-03, 09:44
Originally posted by VetteroX
PE's own, trust me. do not take the premade thing, assign the points yourself. I recommed have no tc at the start, and going maybe 20 - 30 agil, all the rest of dex in pistols or rifles, your choice. Con, you get 10 points, 5 health 5, ath. st, you may want some melee, or put it all into trasport to start, later you will want resit force. psi, you get 2 points, put them in psi power. int, 1/2 weapon lore, and 1/2 into the tradskill of your choise to start... or no tradskill and put into psi use if you wish.

Dont make the mistake many of us made when we were totaly new, just putting a few points in everything, ask for some help with whatever char you have, discuss your long term goal (total fighter, support char, tradskiller) and have someone help you plan out your character.

Good advice.

Why Vet I didn't know you had a kind bone in you. :lol:

VetteroX
24-08-03, 09:54
well, i want new people to come in, Ill help em out a bit so they can get strong and collect items, then later i can pk them and fight them in NF, works for me. Always want more people to fight.

Possessed
24-08-03, 10:25
The most comprehensive NC guide on the Net, enjoy (http://members.chello.nl/~b.venneman/)

ZoneVortex
24-08-03, 10:35
I believe the 'wait 25 minute' thing isn't actually existent.

Krll
24-08-03, 11:07
Welcome to Pluto. :)

Make sure you don't miss the fight nights every Saturday.

And keep your LE in until you think you're strong enough to remove it!

-Krll

Oath
24-08-03, 11:46
Hello and welcome.

oath.

Darken
24-08-03, 11:50
If you need help u can direct me to :p :lol:

Nixon
24-08-03, 11:51
You can also direct me for free leghumping on Pluto.

Darth Slayer
24-08-03, 15:11
Heya and Welcome to our little corner of HELL.....:D

Dribble Joy
24-08-03, 15:37
Originally posted by VetteroX

I concur, nice advice.

Implanting or hacking is your best option as far as a trade skill goes.

Catmanoct
24-08-03, 16:23
Sorry for the long delay on the AC question.

I was on Solclaim but I don't ever remember teaching anyone how to be a bowyer.

My monarchy jumped between Xearo and Ruthless because my patron was into the whole politics/xp chain thing. I wasn't so I was only in those monarchies because of him.

I'm sure i bumped into you a few times on AC, I've hunted with tons out there.

If you ever need a hand in NC, drop me a direct tell or email. My main ingame is Cairn Eldwin, a pistol PE with Clan Technobob. Anyone in my clan would help you out if you need it, fyi.

See you ingame
CE

Nilyen
24-08-03, 17:10
Oh the 25 minute thing still exists, i'll tell ya that... I had to wait... it sucked...

Well, if the base chars suck, then I'm gonna need someone to hold the stuff people gave me, i'll probably give one of you a hollar.... But, it'll require ya to hold it for about 25 minutes if thats ok :) Just some cash and a couple of weapons mostly....

If I'm gonna totally remake, I like the thought of a Psi monk, any suggestions for that? I'm about to go check that link for the guide now, wanted to post this first...

alig
24-08-03, 17:38
Monks are great fun, scary to pvp with if ur APU but none-the-less great fun :)

just dont put points into apu and ppu, that sort of monk was blown away a few patches ago :D

and welcome.