PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Shadowbane?

RayBob
24-08-03, 00:11
The main thing that appeals to me about that game is that clans build their own fortresses. As time goes by they become bigger and stronger and the game is focused on siege warfare between clans.

But of course, that is just the concept. Has anyone tried this game?

Roc-a-fella
24-08-03, 00:14
i have it gets really boring leveling

HellHound
24-08-03, 00:34
Originally posted by RayBob

I would, but it's NOT FUCKING AVAILABLE OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA!!!!! :mad:

*deep breath*

Just had to get that one off my chest.

RayBob
24-08-03, 00:38
KK should tear down all the OPs and let clans build their own OPs. Now that would make OP warfare more meaningful.

Ray

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:41
KK should tear down all the OPs and let clans build their own OPs. Now that would make OP warfare more meaningful.

Ray

I agree.

There's mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore than enough space in the wastes.

RayBob
24-08-03, 00:43
Roc....that signature is hilarious.

Mattimeo
24-08-03, 00:56
I was in shadowbane beta. dunno how much haws changed, but the game is very...dull...and boring..and monotonous, with alot of nothing to do. it's like EQ, with less content, and more ganking. if you weren't there from day 1, and don't know anyone powerful, don't bother at this point.

CerealKiller
24-08-03, 10:29
I was in the Beta too, graphics, suck, levelling, boring.... it's just not a good game...

Dade Murphey
24-08-03, 10:29
well...I was planning on adding something to this...but it seems CK said bout everything I wanted to...so I'll add my endorsement to his statement

Dream
24-08-03, 10:43
Originally posted by CerealKiller
I was in the Beta too, graphics, suck, levelling, boring.... it's just not a good game...

Shadowbane is about hardcore PVP. Like CerealKiller says here, if you are not a hardcore pvp enthusiest, its just not a good game.

But to correct everyone on some things...

1. The graphics are amazing, if you know how to properly set up graphic settings in the game :rolleyes:

2. Leveling can be easily done once you know how to properly play the game, just as in neocron. Knifing rats is just as boring as anything you will encounter in Shadowbane.

3. The PVP is unmatched. The PVP ruleset is simply amazing, the battles that come out of cities being bane'd dwarfs any kind of OP war you will ever be in. Money drops, making PKing worthwhile. Thieving is fun as hell, and very profitable.

Basically, if you are looking for content...its not the great game...if you are looking for the BEST pvp currently available, its the best game to play. Just like UO 5 years ago :D

The main thing that appeals to me about that game is that clans build their own fortresses. As time goes by they become bigger and stronger and the game is focused on siege warfare between clans.

This concept is a reality, at least on the good servers.

Imagine a set time for all city factions to fight all non-city factions at one op war in neocron at peak time. Imagine 100 runners VS 100 runners all fighting over an op.

The entire BANE system makes this a reality on a daily basis. There is no such thing as "ninja-baning" in Shadowbane. You cannot just walk into a town and blow it up. You have to "Bane" the tree, which (basically) sets a time in which the city can be destroyed. This makes for huge fights, because the entire server KNOWS when its going to break out.

I'm not saying Shadowbane is a better game then Neocron. When it comes to community, content, etc it simply is not. But when it comes to enjoyable and fulfilling pvp, it is. There is no carebear rules in shadowbane like there is in almost every other game.

sWaTs
24-08-03, 11:04
i totally agree with Dream.....

The best PvP MMORPG which is on the market atm....

hivemind
24-08-03, 18:47
Hmmm... That's making me consider playing it.

What's the best servers?

KimmyG
24-08-03, 18:50
Yea it has one of the best PvP rulesets around and is fun as hell if yea can hit r6. Only problem is lvling is boring as ass.

Arcadius
24-08-03, 19:11
Goddamn, Dream's description made me want to play it.

:angel:

RayBob
25-08-03, 03:04
That was a good description Dream. Thanks.

I might have to try it.

Ray

Marx
25-08-03, 06:27
it'll be fun, then you'll get the shadowbane version of 'trammel' and be all about "OMG UBAR CRAFTSS1111!1"

:(

eLcHi
25-08-03, 08:44
Pitty itīs not coming out in Europe too soon ...

The company that was supposed to publish it in Europe went bankrupt like a month prior to release ... i know about these thingy, 3 of my RL-Friends worked there ... :(

Bad thing is i missed the hardware auction ... DOH :D

eLcHi