PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you melee tanks(or people who have played them)!!!!

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:08
What are all your gripes about melee combat? Please state in-depth reasons for why you hate what it is you hate about melee combat.

Benjie
24-08-03, 00:15
Pathetic PvP.
Melee weapons break in a couple of days.

Wait for DoY. Tanks get a new set of PA them which will almost deffinetly be Melee PA

MrBane
24-08-03, 00:22
PvP, as stated, and well known, is entirely non-viable at high-end levels.

Weapon choice is limited and rather crap for mid-level characters.

Modifications for said weapons are altogether non-existent. Can't really vary the damage type at all, thus again, being a PvP issue.

Lack of suitable armour accompaniment.

IE: Melee armour, would be great, in that it would seriously boost your defences, con, and resists, but would totally shag your HC skills, so you couldn't hybrid it with ranged attacks.

That would be the dogs balls.

You could effectively become a rather large, slow moving slaughter house in your Melee Armour.

Ho hum.

The ONLY advantage to Melee, asides from the insane damage you can deal on mobs, is that the rares are plentiful, because no-one wants them!

:D

___T-X____
24-08-03, 00:34
I got a 5 slot TPC, and i can take 1/3 of someone before they even know whats going on due to the range when when capped.

Melee is useless, even at 125/125 ATH & AGY with pa2 on coz you have to be close.

I hate being ppu froze, because your 90% useless, but if your melee, your 100% useless.

I think KK gave up on tanks a while ago. thats why there is a range of unmoddable RARE weopons, ie melee freezers. You cant put more than a couple of mods in a Devils Grace or Blade of ceres or other melee weopon. And you cant wear 2 of the 4 power armours (you shouldnt have to drug to wear pa3).

KK seem to busy bringing in stupid GR rules than actually fixing all the fuck ups.

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:40
Melee weapons can't be modded? Or they have a lack of mods availabe?

\\Fényx//
24-08-03, 00:47
Originally posted by Arcadius
Melee weapons can't be modded? Or they have a lack of mods availabe?

low tech melee has titan and carbonchlorid and laserblade's has about 5 mod's and a ultima, but none are damage type mod's, the laserblade one's are like the Psi one's. none change the damage types tho O_o

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:47
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
low tech melee has titan and carbonchlorid and laserblade's has about 5 mod's and a ultima, but none are damage type mod's, the laserblade one's are like the Psi one's. none change the damage types tho O_o

5 mods and none change damage? then what do they do?

Lucjan
24-08-03, 00:54
- Damage in PvP way too low

- Freezers/schocks make melee not usuable for PvP even in theory

- No damage mods available. At least there should be a xray mod for T-C melee and a poison mod for non-T-C melee

- Not every hit gets registered in PvP. It happens very often that you hit someone, you hear the "hit sound" but no damage is calculated.

- There seems to be some range/damage issues. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't, and that on the same range o_O That one is a different from the one above tho.

- Tank PA not usable due to -AGL which a melee tank just cant affort.

- Lack of melee weapons in the mid-TL area. It gets even worse if you decide to go non T-C melee only

/EDIT: There is also a probem attacking huge mobs. The range of melee is often to short compared to the size of the mob, so you have to stand almost inside them. On top of that, you dont see the red damage numbers then.

Arcadius
24-08-03, 01:03
Originally posted by Lucjan

- Not every hit gets registered in PvP. It happens very often that you hit someone, you hear the "hit sound" but no damage is calculated.

Is this due to frequency?

Lucjan
24-08-03, 01:09

No idea. Never bothered to test it out, as PvP with melee just isnt a way to go. I still have an almost pure PvP tank, might run a test or two this weekend.

On the other hand, frequency on melee isnt that high. If I recall corect, it is 92/min and shockers are 150+/min. And I am pretty sure that the shocker damage gets registered every time.

Scikar
24-08-03, 05:16

No, it's lag. You swing and hit on your screen, but due to your ping, on the server you're 5m away and so the hit is not registered. PvP on a 56k you don't even do any damage.

Frequency in info window of any melee weapon is always displayed at 39/min regardless of your skills.