PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you tradeskillers!!!!

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:05
What are all your gripes about tradeskilling? Please list as much as possible and give in-depth reasons as to why you hate what it is you hate.

zanzan
24-08-03, 00:10
its boring/not rewarding[kinda..spending a week to make a 5 slot holy spell isnt really fun and worth it]/cant be lvled from pure tradeskill/xp rollback/dumb people think that slots are skill based
etc D:

KidWithStick
24-08-03, 00:16
boring, too expensive, not enough tips, gel/lube cost's, exp...

the fail rates on researching rares/lube ammount it takes to research them...plus when they blow you go nuts.

constructing sucks for me also because people get mad when you cant get slots...or alot of them...especially on rares.

the constructing system is retarded...constructing anything should be higherskill = higher slotage, this only works on rares...should be both.

even if a barter gets research sub for you, you still BARELY (if at all) get by without losing money...

plus anytrade skill (except poking) majorly gimps you from PvP.

LagALot
24-08-03, 00:22
When you make a really cool gun constructing then you have to give it back to the customer and dont get to use it for your self:(

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 00:30
My droner on saturn researches... for his drones, mainly - he isnt skilled enough to do service to others, really, except for ppl I know...

That jumping screen drove me up the wall, but then a little while later after I encountered that, I saw that it was to stop macro'ers... which pissed me off even more...

Another thing is even with my 30 in CST, I can FLY though building wep parts ( parts one to three, up to TL 20 or so) for my drones... while with my 90+ I crawl through ressing said wep parts, and it's even worse ressing my drones...

Next thing is - with said 30 in CST, I hardly fail my wep part builds, but even my 90+ in RES can't handle ressing TL 50 drones very well and it gets pretty damn ugly ressing the TL 80 drones...

And the gels, my god, the gels! I can hardly find a barterer, so I have to go and buy the gels myself ( thank god INT affects prices, or I'd be in the hole)

First off... it was the macro'ers and the general lowdown slimeballs taking the easy way out while us purists worked for our stuff, right?

Why not make it so that other programs can't get INTO Neocron itself, so macro'ers can't fuck around, right?

Next... make it so that YO's sells what it sells CHEAPER! That's what's its for, Crahn's sake!

Make it so Yo's should only sell small packs of gels, okay? and only the TL 30 and 55 versions of the tools... and the other stuff that yo's sells (the armor and implants) stay in really crappy condition, ok?

Make it so that Crytons' carry the really good stuff... and the prices to show for it - the big packs, the TL 30 on up to TL 150 tools, and the top condition implants...

and to stop wankers using TL 150 tools from the start, put level requirements into those tools - INT level for CST and RES and Poke tools, and DEX level for repair tools...

TL 30 and 55 tools have no level requirements, but TL 75 has a requirement of level 30, say, and TL 90 has a requirement of level 40, and TL 100 and TL 150 has a requirement of level 50...

What do you guys think?

HellHound
24-08-03, 00:31
WAY too expensive. Building an entire weapon from chemicals and then selling it back to a shop, you're lucky to make any kind of profit. Plus grease..... I mean where do the shops GET their supplies from, anyway? Have they got blind, stunted mutants locked away in a back room of A & W, toiling away creating EPR's? o_O
And researching? Pfft.

Let's look at the facts: the harder construct, research and recycle missions - You actually LOSE money, more or less! How fucked up is that?

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 00:33
oh, and before I forget -

you can't fucking level from tradeskilling past level 20! idiotic...

and, um.. I forgot about including recyling tools in the level restriction idea...

Arcadius
24-08-03, 00:38
Originally posted by Heavyporker

First off... it was the macro'ers and the general lowdown slimeballs taking the easy way out while us purists worked for our stuff, right?

Why not make it so that other programs can't get INTO Neocron itself, so macro'ers can't fuck around, right?

Funny, Rubies of Eventide(the mmorpg) has a feature where it shuts down after 5 seconds if you alt+tab. The devs said it was to prevent the use of 3rd party programs.

Glyc
24-08-03, 00:56
customers - customers piss me off.

but i gave u 5 bps and tipped u 1000 credits - how come no 5 slot TGC?

oh well. and the fact u can stand 2 hours in plaza1 and get 3 customers - then people on the forums complain about lack of tradeskillers. it's feckin borin to stand around.

LagALot
24-08-03, 01:08
Originally posted by Glyc
oh well. and the fact u can stand 2 hours in plaza1 and get 3 customers - then people on the forums complain about lack of tradeskillers. it's feckin borin to stand around.

omg i couldnt agree more.

Im in plaza poking on my monk loads of people need construct, so i log my spy on to construct. As soon as i log on no one needs construct all the people needs pokes so im standing around for another 2 hours waiting for people needing construct.:rolleyes:

Breschau
24-08-03, 02:04
My main char isn't tradeskiller, but used to be and I got a trade mule on saturn so:

My main gripe is I can get basically the same gaming experience without a monthly fee by combining irc with progress quest. Research being worse than constructing imo.

It's just so tedious, slow to do anything in quantity (and lets face it, if you're making it your character's main purpose, you're gonna be doing things in bulk fairly often) and unrewarding.

Tia
24-08-03, 02:37
I concur, it's hte lack of customers because of a lack of players. Standing around waiting for people to need a specific tradeskill is boring as hell.

And, of course, after you wait around for hours, when you finally decide to go do something else suddenly everyone needs a construct/whatever.

Scikar
24-08-03, 03:53
Erm.. Yo's sells big packs of grease etc for 5k while Cryton's sells for 8k. Looks cheaper to me. o_O

I think all tradeskills should have minigames like hacking does. Something different for each one. The advantages are that here is an element of player skill involved, not just character skill (but it would be a puzzle element, problem solving, as opposed to twitch type combat), and it's much less boring.

Kaden
24-08-03, 04:27
Easy,

People not tipping AT all, or tipping really badly. I did 25 bp's for someone today, and he gave me 2k. I mean come on, talk about stingy.

Also, whats the point of having a high construct skill (mine is 173) when it's STILL no guarentee of slots. Talk about stupid

Mattimeo
24-08-03, 05:31
my biggest gripe that even at 175/150 I still can't make an artifact ACR. I really wish they'd put it back to the old system. My second biggest gripe is that at that same skill making the same rifle, I have the same odds on slots as I do say an EPR...

I don't work for customers tho, just friends, so I don't have any experiance with that.

Peeping Tom
24-08-03, 05:39
pluto my spy pokes there and his making more cash at poking TL 115 than when he was resser hehe

Saturn my spy there is a real gimp 111 barter \ 140 constructor
he always make cash from batch builds.. since i resell the pos
ones to store and give the god ones to my clan mates or myself :)
i rarly do public work, some times for noobs.. i tell them to get me 10-20 bps of the item and they usaly leave with nice slottet stuff AND more cash :)
WUT i do dislikes is ppl dat think higher skill guranties slots bla bla
and the damn cst bug dat i have to relog if the build fails

yeah its 05:25 and my post dont make sence :P

K4F

TWOK
24-08-03, 05:51
all of the above*

The worst has to be the exp, my resser has 99 int / 140 res skill and I decided to try and lvl up with PB-20 drones. So I spend 150k on subs and a shit load of cubes. Res 1...20k exp...res 2 fail...lose 12k exp...res 3 fail....res 4... 18k exp...res 5 fail..res 6 fail..res 7..20k exp...res 8...lose 10k exp

It's messed up :wtf: after using up all the substance I gained little exp and it very was boring / frustrating. Games are suppose to be fun :p

KimmyG
24-08-03, 06:22
YOu traders need the right crew of craftmen with a nice crafting crew you can turn out 5slots in just about anything and if need make 2-4million easy.

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 06:41
I say that CSTers with say 5:3 and of 7:4 of the TL of the weapons/spells they construct should get a guaranteed slot on each that they build, with the rest up to chance.... that means for those TL 200 csters, they would get a guaranteed 2 slots on any weapons/spells below TL 100 and a guaranteed slot on anything over TL 100... (sue me, I ain't that good with ratios and all taht jazz, but I hope you get the general idea)...

and to make it more exciting, up the number of max slots to 6 so that even after you artifact the <TL100 stuff, you can put in the cool add-ons like flashlight or pointer or silencer or ammo mod... they're critical for variety...

what do you guys think?

Disturbed021
24-08-03, 09:01
My only gripe is not enough exp at higher int/dex levels.
I batch built like 100 TL75+ weapons and gain a tiny bit of xp, not enough to really notice tbh.

deac
24-08-03, 09:10
tradeskills are semi fine ... just let it be possible to lvl on em ffs,,

nonamebrandeggs
24-08-03, 09:21
My gripe is I'm supposedly a "Tradeskiller." Which means I die in 3 shots of HL.

Jolt
24-08-03, 09:22
For tradeskills I would like KK to:

- lower substance/grease usage, higher tl stuff uses way too much
- increase speeds
- increase success rates
- increase exp, esp. higher tl stuff

japata
24-08-03, 09:31
It has to be slots+exp

I enslaved a 182/150 constructer friend of mine to build 300 holy heals. One 4 slotted and no 5 slotters. He didn't get nearly any exp compared to the time/money spent.

Cerebus
24-08-03, 13:59
Originally posted by Arcadius
Funny, Rubies of Eventide(the mmorpg) has a feature where it shuts down after 5 seconds if you alt+tab. The devs said it was to prevent the use of 3rd party programs.

If that gets implemented in Neocron I will kill someone.

Alt+Tabbing to something else is the only way to LOM without going insane frome the boredom.

Darth Slayer
24-08-03, 15:15
XP is screwed on it.
As a constructor your ok u can cap str on a Spy constructing or u could x amount of patches ago. As a mid lvl constructor I never gained much xp for constructing.
My researcher cha gains alot of Xp from ressing I've made 50+ int lvls tho I am now noticing a drop off in the xp gained.
Basically U can't just solo tradeskill anymore as the xp is crap.