PDA

View Full Version : Increase Money Cap?

Tickles
23-08-03, 22:39
Um lots of people talk about it but no one has posted a poll that i've seen so i will.
Should the money cap be increased or would it screw NC's economy?
What would it be increased to? 50mil? 100mil?

Btw i voted for the pies...

Tickles
23-08-03, 23:12
Ooh another pie man/gal :)

Monthar
24-08-03, 11:48
Leave it as is but fix the bugs with hitting the cap while trading. If I'm exactly 100k short of the cap and you try to give me 200k to purchase some item I'm selling then the trade window shouldn't let you put in more than 100k, indicating I'm that close to the cap.

If I recall correctly the cap was implimented in beta not just because of some serious exploits that would let folks make a few hundred million credits in a day or two, but also because excessive amounts of cash on the characters was causing problems with the data-base to the point it's be corrupted and a rollback was needed to help correct the problems.

Lucjan
24-08-03, 14:31
Increasing the money cap would be one solution, but that wouldnt solve the general problem: to much cash in the economy.
KK really should create some sweet _optional_ money sinks before it is too late.

Sometimes I really think KK doesnt care about NC's economy and by this forgetting the lesson from beta4: once the economy is screwed, the game is screwed.

Dribble Joy
24-08-03, 14:43
I'd say keep the cap, fix the 20 --> 18 bug. Then make Stock-X not suck hairy dog balls.

Birkoff
24-08-03, 14:46
Raise it... when i didnt have 20 mill it seemed like i still had something to do in the game :)
100mill and ill be playing for at least another week or so like i used to.