PDA

View Full Version : Make level 3 shop bought implants researchable?

Krll
23-08-03, 15:21
At the moment, not top level implant is researchable, whether rare or shop bought.

What I think would make sense would be:

1) Make all shop bought implants researchable.

2) Make all rare implants unresearchable.

I had an idea for making shop bought implants and armour from base metals and selling them at half the shop price, but if I can't do level 3 imps, there's no point.

Comments?

-Krll

enablerbr
23-08-03, 15:30
well i think all shop bought implants, weapons and armour should be researchable. though in terms of mob dropped stuff. only upto level 2 implants should be reasearchable.

kujikiri
23-08-03, 17:19
I think the message "This item can not be researched" is very frustrating. If I'm such an uber researcher why can't I make a BP of it? If it's a high level item then make it require some high level cant be bought parts and if I BP the parts make them require some cant be bought chems. If i got a BP of something really cool i could create my own quest to find the parts/chems that i need to build it and I might entertain myself for quite a time with that quest.

Krll
23-08-03, 18:43
Originally posted by kujikiri
I think the message "This item can not be researched" is very frustrating. If I'm such an uber researcher why can't I make a BP of it? If it's a high level item then make it require some high level cant be bought parts and if I BP the parts make them require some cant be bought chems. If i got a BP of something really cool i could create my own quest to find the parts/chems that i need to build it and I might entertain myself for quite a time with that quest.

That's a good idea and might be what had been originally planned judging by implant parts H to K and other such now useless bits.

When you put it like that, I'd say make all whole drop imps researchable, but obviously not the ones which drop as parts. So if they don't want it to be researched, make it drop as rare parts, otherwise, let players create businesses producing these implants (might also give recyclers something to do, creating those can't be bought chemicals).

-Krll

Breschau
23-08-03, 18:53
Hell, make all non-rare items blueprintable. Those that're meant to be rare, just have em use the non-storebought parts (8-10, H-K). Maybe make the parts unresearchable, maybe not.

Even if the parts were researchable, they'd still be pricey - a part K sells to Yo's for a good 8k or so, which suggests it'd require an expensive amount of chemicals to build.