PDA

View Full Version : Attack of The Clones (litterally)

N0X
23-08-03, 06:19
on the server Pluto, some unknown person makes his name the complete clone of another runner, but with a period at the end. he also follows you around and repeats everything you say in an attempt to confuse those around you, he did it to me, and hes doing it to others. i'm hoping that gms will take action and help prevent name thievery so this does not occur in the future.

Marx
23-08-03, 06:22
well, I've know alot of variations of Nox on pluto... assuming thats your name.

So perhaps its you who's the clone

8|

cracky
23-08-03, 06:27
nox rules

N0X
23-08-03, 06:32
Originally posted by Marx
well, I've know alot of variations of Nox on pluto... assuming thats your name.

So perhaps its you who's the clone

8|

umm.. can you give me some examples of these "variations" on pluto? i havent seen any..

Alex The Great
23-08-03, 06:37
N0X > All

Marx
23-08-03, 06:55
Well, there's n"O, as in oscar"x

and there's n"0, as in Zero"x

both have been around. I assume seeing that you got one of those two, the person who originally had one of those variations rerolled or deleted their character.

N0X
23-08-03, 07:00
nOx? thats impossible.. the names taken, and i have it. and as for n zero x i just use that as my forum name as nox is taken on the forum since nox is used on other servers id expect that but i dont really care as i play on pluto and pluto alone but these other people are way in the past im nox right now and have been nox for about two months i think im officially the nox on pluto (didnt know these people either so im not the clone) i consider a clone using the same name as the other person during the same timeline also he was following me copying what i said word for word im sure you wouldnt like it either that is why im trying to get help so this can be prevented

Marx
23-08-03, 07:03
Ok, so all he or she did was piss you off.

No damage done to you, nothing stolen, no 1337 h4x5 were used.

Where's the crime?

People are allowed to be annoying, even though I'd prefer it wasn't.

N0X
23-08-03, 07:06
CONFUSION!!! man.. confusion! this person says nox i dont know if it means me or him and hes copying me word for word even other runners said its confusing.. most people wont take the time to notice one little period at the end of the name

i even asked him politely if he could change his name it was a new account (0/2) hes not losing very much and itd be much easier and simpler in the future, but no.. he just copycated everything i said and i think gms should protect from something like this or at least take action against it when it is brought up

CarniFlex
23-08-03, 10:27
well at least he has a . after it. On saturn there used to be 2 guys named sentinel and SeNTiNeL, one was tg and other was cm. Now imagine how fun one or the other has if you tried dm him :p

Mingerroo
23-08-03, 11:47
Originally posted by Marx
Ok, so all he or she did was piss you off.

No damage done to you, nothing stolen, no 1337 h4x5 were used.

Where's the crime?

People are allowed to be annoying, even though I'd prefer it wasn't.

These people could go off and start screaming huge fascist obscenities at people. This would then reflect poorly on the person being cloned as people would think that its you.

I would prefer it if we were only allowed letters in character names, that would make directing people so much easier for a start, and stop nasme thievery almost completely. :D

Mingerroo
23-08-03, 11:47
Shi Tzu.

I double clicked submit by accident. :lol:

Marx
23-08-03, 11:54
These people could go off and start screaming huge fascist obscenities at people. This would then reflect poorly on the person being cloned as people would think that its you.

True, that could happen, but it didn't in this case.

I have seen cases like that in the past, and the chatlogs and such that were sent in showed the difference between the letters and numbers.

As for people telling the difference *shrugs* sometimes it sucks to be you because of other people.

:(

gostly
23-08-03, 12:54
nox + cloned > you

Cyphor
23-08-03, 19:20
Originally posted by N0X
CONFUSION!!! man.. confusion! this person says nox i dont know if it means me or him and hes copying me word for word even other runners said its confusing.. most people wont take the time to notice one little period at the end of the name

i even asked him politely if he could change his name it was a new account (0/2) hes not losing very much and itd be much easier and simpler in the future, but no.. he just copycated everything i said and i think gms should protect from something like this or at least take action against it when it is brought up

Either put him on ignore or go for a walk and introduce him to a non safe zone ;) , if he's a le go for a walk in the aggue pits as he's 0/2 your probs should disapear quite quickly :D

Alternativly gr to mb or somewhere he cant get to till he gets bored.

wolfwood
24-08-03, 01:53
Its kind hard to tell who is the clone or not, nowa daya on pluto everyone has 2 accts and they make there 2nd characters name the exact same as there first one but they add a period to it

Arcadius
24-08-03, 01:56
Originally posted by wolfwood
nowa daya on pluto everyone has 2 accts

That's not true.

VictorKruger
24-08-03, 01:59
Originally posted by wolfwood
Its kind hard to tell who is the clone or not, nowa daya on pluto everyone has 2 accts and they make there 2nd characters name the exact same as there first one but they add a period to it

Soo....wouldn't logic dictate that the character with the period in the name is the clone if you saw the same character with the same name minus the period?

N0X
24-08-03, 04:24
Originally posted by Cyphor
Either put him on ignore or go for a walk and introduce him to a non safe zone ;) , if he's a le go for a walk in the aggue pits as he's 0/2 your probs should disapear quite quickly :D

Alternativly gr to mb or somewhere he cant get to till he gets bored.

putting him on ignore would help from hearing the clones idiocy however everyone else was calling him Nox im NoX but still CONFUSION :( ahhhh

he quit cloning me but still.. this could happen again and to others luckily he wasnt a long term player