PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: forest fires rage, 30k ppl on evacuation order

NS_CHROME54
23-08-03, 05:58
Currently, the city in which i live is the closest thing to an inferno you'll ever see or hear about.

30 thousand of 100 thousand residents of the town are currently on evacuation orders (NOTE: not alert, but ORDER). Fortunately for me, i'm not even on alert yet. But the danger is real. It's a yellowing thought and it really drags me back to reality. The sky is red. Ash has been falling for 3 days. Homes are being destroyed.

Please tell me what you think about this. Remember: I never thought it could happen here. Now it has.

If you want more info on the fire, look <a href="http://www.castanet.net" target="_blank">HERE</a>

BTW the town is Kelowna, Canada.

NS_CHROME54
23-08-03, 06:15
Things have gone from bad to worse. Cellphones are now the only phones that work.

StryfeX
23-08-03, 06:21
Dayam... That sucks man. Good luck and stay safe.

--Stryfe

japata
23-08-03, 07:13
Yea. Look out once in a while. It would be a bummer that you would leave a bit too late because you played neocron a bit too long. :)

Just kidding, but seriously - take care.

bibliotequa
23-08-03, 09:15
oh shit, stay safe man, damn same thing is happening in spain atm, catalunya (the southern part of the piece next to france) was burning up when i went to visist, same with portugal, and now the part of spain that is neighboring portugal

Andronicus
23-08-03, 09:56
hi NS_CHROME54

I'm in kelowna too - just watchin from across the lake. I cannot belive what i have seen. At this point i wouldn't be surpirsed if the whole city goes up in flames.

Good luck and I hope you dont have to leave your home.

Judge
23-08-03, 11:46
Bloody hell thats harsh......

Dude stay safe.