PDA

View Full Version : new publisher + DoY = more customers = more revenue = bigger staff = more content?

RayBob
23-08-03, 04:55
I sure hope so.

SilentGravity
23-08-03, 05:03
What you said is true, but so is...

Neocron - DoY = less customers = less revenue = smaller staff = no more content...

But lets look at a different angle

Best Publisher in the world + a bad/buggy DoY = less customers = less revenue = smaller staff = no more content...

KK is off better with the worst publisher in the world and a GREAT release of DoY then with a horrible release of DoY and the best publisher in the world.

Arcadius
23-08-03, 05:11
Too many players are leaving and not enough are coming in. For the first time in months, i'm starting to feel like pluto might die.

Glyc
23-08-03, 05:22
stop being so pessimistic. ppl take a couple days holiday and the world ends.

Arcadius
23-08-03, 05:24
Originally posted by Glyc
stop being so pessimistic. ppl take a couple days holiday and the world ends.

stfu, go construct something. :p

cracky
23-08-03, 05:30
I definetly agree with shadow here. The servers continue to degrade in population and I don't think doy is going to save it but I guess I'm sticking around to find out.

RayBob
23-08-03, 06:22
I've spent probably 5-6 hours tonight reading up on other games. I am bored with Neocron but I can't find another game that interests me.

I love the foundation of Neocron but it needs so many bug fixes, feature enhancements, and new content. I wish someone with a lot of money would see the value of this "diamond in the rough" and help KK realize the potential of their creation.

Ray

japata
23-08-03, 06:32
Strangely enough, I'm having the feeling that Pluto is actually growing. Sure, some people left, but during the last week I've helped like 10 newbs get started.

Heavyporker
23-08-03, 06:53
me too - I advised like three noobs last night alone, in the city, all NExT!!!

Incredible aint it?

Marx
23-08-03, 07:00
I pretend to be a complete and utter noob in the hopes that people will powerlevel me

:D

I assume others might do the same when their friends aren't online.

japata
23-08-03, 07:09
The noobness I encountered was pure. That level of noobity cannot be imitated. They were totally clueless but still really tried to understand. (After all, putting all starting points to tech-combat in the hopes of an advanced plasma rifle does indicate noobness :) )

Judge
23-08-03, 11:49
Saturn is growing as well. I'm seeing alot of new protopharm and next runners joining..... Also most of the ones that I have talked to are complete newbs and aren't just there for the epic.

Lord Mansion
23-08-03, 11:57
Sure, having new players signup is nice, but the most important thing is to RETAIN them as members. Which probably means you have to make Neocron a bit more interesting.

gostly
23-08-03, 12:34
people are leaving becuz of getting tired of waiting for doy...so here's what i wanna know...

what's the point in trying to get a publisher in an attempt to get more people when while you're doing that...you're losing already paying customers in the process

i myself am one of the people leaving...just waiting on my act to expire...

also atm...im playing swg, ps, and daoc: si...i sign onto neocron when the games i play, servers are down and/or i have no friends to play with...

see...it takes 3 games for me to make up for neocron...:lol:

once you cap...their's nuthin left but talking and pvp...just hope doy changes that...

Brammers
23-08-03, 13:17
Dont think everyone is leaving - people are playing less because of the good weather in the UK (IMHO)

But if they get a good solid DoY release, then the server populations will grow.

msdong
23-08-03, 13:49
new publisher + DoY = more customers = more revenue != bigger staff = MJS bigger VHC :p

new publisher + DoY = more customers = more revenue = bigger staff = more sluts in PP

lol i like those games.

but back to toppic.

i dont think thats right. the publisher wants to get money for his PR. if we are lucky we get 1 or 2 new programmer/graficartists but thats it.

dont think of the new 100000 customer psi spell :)

Barar
23-08-03, 14:07
Started playing NWN with some NC buddies so thats cool

DoY isnt imo the be all and end all - Why do i want to run around another underpopulated city ... sure im happy to see more caves/lvling spots but the game is still the same

Im coming to the end of my NC life as well as are a lot of ppl i know - sure its addcitive sure u can make new chars but its still the same underpopulated game