PDA

View Full Version : Help me with weapon stats :(

ZoneVortex
23-08-03, 02:48
I don't understaaaaaaannnddddd......

Let's take a cursed soul for instance.

When it's built, it gets those certain stats. like....

114 damage, 112 handling, 116 something, 118 something or other.

then you also have a different percentage thing down underneath these, like....

damage x%

aiming x%

and these increase as you get more HC....but what do they mean? what do all the percentages meaaaan??

hellllp meeeeee

Progenitor
23-08-03, 02:54
I always thought that the top stats are how good/affective the weapon is.

The best the weapon can be is 120%

The bottom numbers are how well you (your skills) do with that particular weapon.

Thus allowing us to get all kinds of outrageous stats.

Only problem, is I don't think that they are linear. If you look at a 100% item, look at your skills aganst it, then look at a 120% item, your stats aren't exactly 20% better.

So I really don't know.

-p

Q`alooaith
23-08-03, 02:56
ok, the top stat's are the weapons, they can be from 1-120%, each affect's a diffrent aspect of the weapon, and are named for the aspect they affect..

The lower stat's show how good you are at useing the weapon, the cap I think is 178% though I'm not sure on that number.. Anyway, higher the numbers the better.

The aiming shows how good a targeter you get, and damage affects how much damage you do with each hit..

Did that help any?

Originally posted by Arcadius
Although I heard handling helps out guns, I don't know how.

Handling affects your aim with the weapon..

Arcadius
23-08-03, 02:56
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
I don't understaaaaaaannnddddd......

Let's take a cursed soul for instance.

When it's built, it gets those certain stats. like....

114 damage, 112 handling, 116 something, 118 something or other.

then you also have a different percentage thing down underneath these, like....

damage x%

aiming x%

It's just liek spells, and i'm sure you know about that.

Although I heard handling helps out guns, I don't know how.

ZoneVortex
23-08-03, 03:08
So having 178% on my CS with only 112% damage on the top stat will be weaker than having 178% on a 120% artifact weapon?

I'd always thought that if you have 178 on ANY say.....CS.....you have capped the damage potential for that weapon.

Q`alooaith
23-08-03, 03:13
So having 178% on my CS with only 112% damage on the top stat will be weaker than having 178% on a 120% artifact weapon?

I'd always thought that if you have 178 on ANY say.....CS.....you have capped the damage potential for that weapon.

that is correct..

The weapon stats effect how easly you can cap it though, so while you might (random number time) need 150 points of HC to cap a CS with a 102% damage stat, you might only need 140 HC to cap a CS with a 120% damage stat.

You see the diffrence, weapon stats effect how good the weapon is, and the other %'s show how effective you are at using the weapon...

Easy huh..

Mattimeo
23-08-03, 03:16
the way I rember it is, the top numbers, plue you skills determines damage and aiming, the higher the top stats on the guns, the faster/lower the numbers you need to cap out the damage and aiming %s, but I may be wrong.

Birkoff
23-08-03, 03:31
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Handling affects your aim with the weapon..

It also helps you to cap recoil?

Stats are weird things on weapon in way and easy in another :).

Some stats are pointless on certain items, but if you go by the higher the top stats and the higher you skill then the easier to cap it you won't go far off :)

Nvidia
23-08-03, 04:30
Ok... here's how it works... There's a lot of things you need to consider when you're trying to figure out how effective you are with a weapon. Now first we'll deal with The "Damage" and "Aiming" parts

Damage- Caps at 178%. When you look at your weapon after you load your specialized ammo, notice how much you do of each damage type? Well, as you get closer and closer to capping the damage on a certain weapon, those numbers go up. That's how the game rewards specializing with damage. As your damage gets higher and higher, you do more and more of each element with each shot.

Aiming- Caps at 267%. The better your % on Aiming, the faster your reticile will close on your target. Simple as that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we move onto the Variable Percents at the top of the weapon. Now... these stats function to help make your weapon easier to Cap, Aim, Add range, and so on and so on.

Damage- Cap is 120%. Now Let's say you need 150 RC to cap damage on a certain Rifle with a 100% Damage on the stats. Ok, now we take a Rifle with 120% Damage. Now that you have Capped Damage % On the rifle, maybe you only need 135 RC then to cap the Player-driven Damage Percentatge.

Handling- Cap is 120%. This functions in the same way that Damage percentages do, except this helps you cap Player-driven Aiming percentages, instead of Player-driver Damage percentages. So let's say you have 100% handling on a Rifle that needs 180 WEP to cap. Once you change that same Percentage to 120%, maybe all you'll need to cap WEP is 160 WEP.

Range- This is self-explanatory. It adds range onto the weapon.

Frequency- Also self-explanatory. Makes the weapon shoot slightly faster.

Now... let's say you cap damage before you even add a mod to a weapon with 100% Damage, and somehow make it 120%. Due to the game rewarding you with specialization even more, the more damage you have after the Player Driven Damage Percentage and have Artifact Damage on the stats, the higher the ROF you get.

Dunno if this helps any, It did for me when I learned about it all :)

juvestar15
23-08-03, 05:10

No matter what the Gun Damage Stat is(ie. 112%, 120%), if you get 178% then it's capped. With an all HC setup you can cap damage easy. If you get a CS, mod it with handling. I think i had 230 HC and 100 WPN and i still couldn't cap aiming. Handling affects how quick the aimer closes in.
Proof of this is: I check out a 117% handling CS and my aiming on the gun was 210%. I then looked at a 120% Handling one, and i had 220%. It was something like that, not the correct figures but it made a difference.

My advice for mods. Ammo, Handling then Frequency.

Dirus
23-08-03, 06:38
Nvidia has it correct and that means unfortunately Q`alooaith has it wrong.

I explained it somewhat in this thread. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72808)

Sleawer
23-08-03, 15:53
Lupus, could you explain aswell how main skills affect the subskills?

I know I need less p-c to cap a weapon in dmg/rof/range/aiming as more dexterity I have. And if I take a dex drug in my PE, my rate of fire is increased, as would be the damage and aiming if they werent capped.

I tried to get an answer from you in the skills guide.

ZoneVortex
23-08-03, 18:14
Ok so how I see it now is that the top stats, 0-120%, only make it easier or harder to cap the 178% damage and 267% aiming, and say.....

My CS has 112% damage in the top stat, but I get 178% damage on it.

My friend's has 120% damage in the top stat, and he gets 178% damage on his.

We'll do the same damage, not taking ammo mods into consideration, only difference is he'll have an easier time capping his CS.

Yes?

.Cyl0n
23-08-03, 18:19
Ok so how I see it now is that the top stats, 0-120%, only make it easier or harder to cap the 178% damage and 267% aiming, and say.....

My CS has 112% damage in the top stat, but I get 178% damage on it.

My friend's has 120% damage in the top stat, and he gets 178% damage on his.

We'll do the same damage, not taking ammo mods into consideration, only difference is he'll have an easier time capping his CS.

Yes?

yes :p

.cy

Cyphor
23-08-03, 19:03
Originally posted by Nvidia
Now... let's say you cap damage before you even add a mod to a weapon with 100% Damage, and somehow make it 120%. Due to the game rewarding you with specialization even more, the more damage you have after the Player Driven Damage Percentage and have Artifact Damage on the stats, the higher the ROF you get.

So over capping in dmg adds to frequency? eg i cap dmg at 110% if i put a barrel in my rate of fire goes up? cool i always thought once you capped a weapons stat there was no need to mod it anymore in that stat.

DonnyJepp
23-08-03, 19:17
Originally posted by Cyphor
So over capping in dmg adds to frequency? eg i cap dmg at 110% if i put a barrel in my rate of fire goes up? cool i always thought once you capped a weapons stat there was no need to mod it anymore in that stat.

Close, at least when applied to rifles, and heavies I think. 178% damage doesn't necessarily mean frequency capped.

Pick up a similar gun of the next lowest class (e.g. TPC instead of CS) and look at the frequency on it, it should be considerably higher than with the highest TL examples. IMO if you are already at 178% damage on a weapon, you should only be adding frequency and ammo mods to it. According to neocron.ems.ru plasma cannons cap frequency at 227 shots/min.

This is where overboosting your HC (or apu/ppu/rifles/pistols/drones) comes into play, as it usually takes a lot of extra points in a stat to truly cap freq, above and beyond where the 178% damage cap lies for a given weapon.

I'm not sure where Lore comes into play for heavy weaps either. It doesn't seem to affect anything but aiming on my capped rifle PE however

kurai
23-08-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Cyphor
So over capping in dmg adds to frequency? eg i cap dmg at 110% if i put a barrel in my rate of fire goes up? cool i always thought once you capped a weapons stat there was no need to mod it anymore in that stat. Not quite.

Frequency is a different stat line to damage - it just happens to be boosted by the one of the same skills. (Rifle Combat).

So, assuming same DEX & RC skill level, if you had a rifle with 100% Damage, 120% Frequency it would have the same rate of fire as a 120% Damage, 120% Frequency example.

Once the frequency stat is at 120% the you will only increase Rate of Fire by more DEX and Rifle Combat.

RoF is the hardest stat to cap - damage will cap way earlier.

An example:- I can cap dmg/aim/range on an all 120% Disruptor with 115 Dex, 176 WPL, 188 RC.
However - this only gives 177 RoF - I'd need somewhere around 230 R-C to cap out rate of fire frequency entirely.

Cyphor
23-08-03, 20:31
Originally posted by kurai
So, assuming same DEX & RC skill level, if you had a rifle with 100% Damage, 120% Frequency it would have the same rate of fire as a 120% Damage, 120% Frequency example.

Ah thats what i thought :) i was just getting confused by the wording i think.