PDA

View Full Version : Probably a *Brainport Idea* but...

Heavyporker
23-08-03, 01:57
I hear all sorts of shit about faction HQs giving tradeskill bonuses and all such. While such things sound interesting, I don't think that it would be particularly realistic...

I want something more realistic, or at the very least, more appropriate...

Say the Crahn HQ (and Church, of course)... Crahn Sect players get +5 PSI and +15 PSU and PPW for being inside it, since they would "share" in the massmind (hats off to those that recognize what I said :D )

For Biotech HQ... Say +5 CON and +15 HLT and END or even better, there being regenerative fields (as in the recreation beds produced by Biotech) generated in the compound, Biotech runners get automatic increases HP, STA, and Mana regeneration inside. Since Protopharma operates along similiar lines, say, with aerosol chems in the vents, they would get similiar bonuses as Biotech in the HQ.

For Tangent HQ... +5 to to all weapons skills, just like a fortress, to TT runners that operate in the compound. Since TG Canyon and the Military Base are fortresses themselves, just as well that TG runners and CM runners would get fortress bonuses inside them as well... that would greatly enhance their defenses, would you not agree?

for FA runners, being in the FA HQ +5 to research and construction.

for Diamond HQ, DRE runners get +10 to Barter.

Being in their respective HQs, Black Dragon and Tsunami runners might get, say, +10 to barter (hey, buying drugs cost :) )

NExT runners would get +10 to repair AND +5 to construction...
(well, not like + to VEC would really help inside the HQ, would it?)

Um... I think that covers it. What do you guys think? Oh, and arcadius, feel free to toast me like I did to you in your threads :D

BramTops
23-08-03, 15:18
uhm... that would not do much...

barter -> you cant buy that much in an HQ

con, hlt, psi, weapon skils, etc.. -> not that much combat in an HQ (and it wont increase with these modifications)

the only thing that could be usefull is the construction/research/repair bonus. but still... i dont see why.

I don't think that it would be particularly realistic...
hey? you agree with me! :D

I want something more realistic, or at the very least, more appropriate...
huh? make up your mind... or are those things metioned above (the only usefull things) tradeskils????

Krll
23-08-03, 15:46
I still like the idea of a "Medicare" zone that gives bonuses to implant skill, and an "A&W freelance constructer" zone (yeah I know, needs work on the name) that gives construction bonus, etc..

Places in the city where you know to go and look for a certain type of tradeskiller because they get a bonus to their skills while there basically.

And have the different areas spread around so that people will travel a bit more. Yes, I do like making people walk. :p

-Krll

BramTops
23-08-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Krll
I still like the idea of a "Medicare" zone that gives bonuses to implant skill, and an "A&W freelance constructer" zone (yeah I know, needs work on the name) that gives construction bonus, etc..

Places in the city where you know to go and look for a certain type of tradeskiller because they get a bonus to their skills while there basically.

And have the different areas spread around so that people will travel a bit more. Yes, I do like making people walk. :p

-Krll

this sounds like a good idea to me... have everyone just run arround the city all the time (or not, if they dont care for the extra bonusses) --> more choice to the people!

but server population needs to be a bit (lot) higher... it can sometimes even be deserted at plaza 1 now.. :(

Krll
23-08-03, 15:52
Originally posted by BramTops
but server population needs to be a bit (lot) higher... it can sometimes even be deserted at plaza 1 now.. :(

Fingers crossed for DoY is all I can say. :(

-Krll

enablerbr
23-08-03, 15:54
maybe instead of a HQ bonus. how about a runner faction bonus. say a player's faction is biotech. then as long as they belong to biotech they get +40 (whatever figure) in implant skill. if a next runner then they get say +40 (whatever figure) in VHC and so forth. yet that faction bonus skill only applies while that runner belongs to that faction. once they swap faction they lose that bonus.

BramTops
23-08-03, 16:03
Originally posted by enablerbr
maybe instead of a HQ bonus. how about a runner faction bonus. say a player's faction is biotech. then as long as they belong to biotech they get +40 (whatever figure) in implant skill. if a next runner then they get say +40 (whatever figure) in VHC and so forth. yet that faction bonus skill only applies while that runner belongs to that faction. once they swap faction they lose that bonus.

would also be nice... +40 would be a bit excessive though... ;)

enablerbr
23-08-03, 16:05
well that figure maybe high. yet the idea would give all class runners of that faction the bonus. a sort of loyalty bouns if you will. also it would follow you where ever you went. unlike the HQ idea where i'd have to stay put inside the HQ to use the bonus.

Jolt
23-08-03, 16:14
All hq's should give a combat bonus, similates having access to weapons/equipment/protection etc for defending ones home/hq.

And bonuses everywhere for each faction would be very nice too, would give some uniqueness other then who shows up as red.

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 09:22
No... all HQs wouldn't give combat boni, sheesh... just the combat oriented ones...

and don't tell me that the combat oriented HQ boni won't come in use, just LOOK at how much fighting goes on in the MB and TG Canyon and TT HQ! Go look, seriously, before you tell me they're useless. I have been around the block *a little* ok? I did put some thought into this.

And as forsaying those barter-oriented HQs... if you would bother to go into them, you would know that Diamond sells apt keys in the HQ and BD does as well in its HQ (and Secret Black D for those that know of it), and TS would have to sell drugs in its HQ as well (I hear there's something special dealing with drugs in new test patch!)

I mean realistic as in being in keeping with the factional personality.

and faction bonuses to skills just for belonging sounds horrid... just horrid. completely overblown and as if faction items wouldn't be enough...

I mean, sure, it might make sense that NExT runners all should have some VEC, that Biotech runners should all have some implant, and so on, but then what do you do when you come up to the combat-oriented factions? surely you can't give them across the board combat boni?

no, it makes much more sense to be that the boni appear to runners inside the HQ... making their runners much more inclined to actually operate inside the HQ... would make a lot of sense to the corporate HQs, and also to the combat-oriented factions since they would want their runners to hang around the HQ and defend them.

the faction HQ bonuses ARE there to make them COME to the HQ!

The tradeskiller HQs would be the places to go to if you wanted workers! gah... general boni to just any old yahoo?! there are OPs for that now...

And why would anyone need medicare zones? there are medicare shops already! make it so that skills are actually needed, geesh, I don't want poke-bots and vending machines full of artifact weapons and spells.

cracky
24-08-03, 11:24
uh nevermind

Pill
24-08-03, 13:08
er, if vhc is no use to you, then how is +5 to wep skills useful to you?

Heavyporker
24-08-03, 13:23
pill... read above....

bah, I will save your head from overheating...

+weapon skills in the combat-oriented HQs for their defense...