PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening with Noobie MC5?

Benjie
22-08-03, 22:13
I havn't heard any news on this in a while. Last thing was everybody hated it including noobies, then all of a sudden everybody shutup for a while. Whats going on exactly?

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 22:15
You now have enough money to GR out......

Hippieman
22-08-03, 22:54
Originally posted by ghandisfury

*plays halluejah music* :D

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 23:37
Originally posted by ghandisfury

Which is only second best to...removing it...making the genrep free......giving 1900 so the noob now dont start without ANY money...have I said removing it yet?

Benjie
22-08-03, 23:39
Originally posted by Hippieman
*plays halluejah music* :D

Hehe.
So Kk basicly admit that noobie MC5 is shit now? And all they are doing is giving noobs a quick exit? What about advice in the tool tips aswell.

"Hello Runner, and welcome to Neocron. You are currently in the MC5 sector, and it's shit. To leave, go left, out the door and into the wastelands. Don't go exploring because you may get lost, which is shit. You might notice some npc's. Avoid them at all cost because they are shit. don't try anything, you can't do it because it is shit. Avoid trying to kill the creatures because it is shit. The exit is on top of the big hill, and it's shit. kk appologise for any shit bugs you may experience on the way."

Welcome to Neocron...

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 23:41
Originally posted by Benjie
Hehe.
So Kk basicly admit that noobie MC5 is shit now? And all they are doing is giving noobs a quick exit? What about advice in the tool tips aswell.

"Hello Runner, and welcome to Neocron. You are currently in the MC5 sector, and it's shit. To leave, go left, out the door and into the wastelands. Don't go exploring because you may get lost, which is shit. You might notice some npc's. Avoid them at all cost because they are shit. don't try anything, you can't do it because it is shit. Avoid trying to kill the creatures because it is shit. The exit is on top of the big hill, and it's shit. kk appologise for any shit bugs you may experience on the way."

Welcome to Neocron...

Not only are the NPC's shit they tend to kill people o_O....

Judge
23-08-03, 00:53
Originally posted by Benjie

Welcome to Neocron...

LMAO thats classic. :lol:

kurai
23-08-03, 01:31
Superb. :D

That needs to be the very first tooltip a n00b sees upon waking up.

Opiate
23-08-03, 01:50
I heard (and I don't care that it was through a PM :p) from MJS himself, that the devs are working on a restyling of the newbie MC5 area. That's the only reason I stopped my "nerf newbie MC5" campaign ;)

Disturbed021
23-08-03, 01:53
It has MAJOR potential if set-up right.

@OP I hope you are serious cause that would kick ass if they can set it up better.

zewy
23-08-03, 02:00
I have made a CST char at mc5 and a res char that build stuff for noobs on uranus I can build up to 89% quealty now and i got wp 1 to 5 I think my project is based on extream boardom to the game :)

Heavyporker
23-08-03, 02:07
Well I liked MC5 well enough, it was just that:

-- NOWHERE nearly enough "baby" creatures for noobs to kill...

-- the NPCs and Guards are vastly beyond those newbies... their killing the noobs were totally unwarranted - just have them say "Aw, what the hell? YOU think you can hurt me? Go scram.", and basically have 120/120 health and armor so they can afford to ignore the noob that persists in attacking them.

-- The nomad traders are entirely too far... and one of them gouges prices... lower the prices for noobs that have the fortitude to stay in MC5

-- More tooltips... more tooltips... make the Advisors more prominent to the newcomers - putting them behind glass doesnt help. Maybe like putting them in a more informal room "mess hall or waiting room thingie with chairs and tables" that the noobs have to pass through before they can hit the room with the glass and entrance... eh?

Vampire222
23-08-03, 02:21
my list:

More mobs
Shorter walk distance
make the chip drop things much ezyer to kill
make a n00b ablev to ride the 4x4 when the missions complete... thatd be good
SHOOTING RANGE
FREE AMMO
little epic: if done, good level weapon for the n00bs class
and, why re there qb's in the mc5 internal room, where u wake up?

Q`alooaith
23-08-03, 02:45
My monk Q'alooaith stayed in newbi MC5 till he could take down the commander with a little help... you know the 80/80 one that tells you to either get the hell out, or your all better now, get the hell out....

He don't drop anything though..

I love MC5 newbi, APU spells right to top level, I could have stayed in there far longer, but I wanted to see some people outside..

Hippieman
23-08-03, 03:15
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
My monk Q'alooaith stayed in newbi MC5 till he could take down the commander with a little help... you know the 80/80 one that tells you to either get the hell out, or your all better now, get the hell out....

He don't drop anything though..

I love MC5 newbi, APU spells right to top level, I could have stayed in there far longer, but I wanted to see some people outside..

Did the other guards try to kill ya?

Q`alooaith
23-08-03, 03:27
Originally posted by Hippieman
Did the other guards try to kill ya?

Yea, and they did till I got some cannon fod... I mean freinds to hit them and run away to hide where they could not be hit, then I could shoot the BC with little damage, then run, uber TL3 heal, and send the next person to go deal damage to him till his aggro changed, then rinse and repeat...

took about three quarters of an hour..

Birkoff
23-08-03, 03:41
I think that having to kill 80/80 mobs while in a n00b area shows how little conten there is in this gmae for vets now :D:D

and making a contructor mc5...

I'll have to try it 2morrow :)