PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a new PPU

nostrah
22-08-03, 21:53
Hi,

I'm from Europe and had begun lvling a monk on Venus.

I've just moved to the US for a year, and I'm not sure whether my playing hours will still be compatible with those of the guys in Europe and I'm considering lvling a new monk (same template: PPU/hacker/recycler) on a US server.

I'm not a "professional" player. I play sometimes in the evening and like to do things will cool ppl (can be exp, loot, OP war, I don't care). I don't like clans that bring to many obligations (I play to relax, not to have more obligations than irl).

Thus my questions:
- which server should I go?
- which faction?
- which clan?

Thx for your answers,

nostra

Beefheart
22-08-03, 22:20
Pick a new server.

9pm EST time and Venus has 80 players on, 11:30 and it's down to 40. So if you stay there be prepared to be lonely.

Uranus = I can't say, it seems to have alot of players but the server seems to suffer from a regular nightly crash and has had a few rollbacks recently

Saturn = doesn't seem to have the probs uranus has (ie: no nightly crash or rollbacks) and always seems to have the largest and more active playerbase.

Pluto = what once was a great server sems to be now dying a slow death. I don't know if it's due to the lack of variety (it being just a 1 character server) but it has been having low population probs.

I'd recommend either saturn or uranus and faction is totally up to you.

nostrah
22-08-03, 23:35
Thx for your tips, beefheart.

As to the faction, I was asking because on Venus, I am a TT... just because we began to play together with a friend who prefered to be TT (I didn't really care).

Although it might seems weird to be TT for a monk, it turned out to be an interesting position because they're so few monks in the TT factions on Venus. As a support class, I'd rather be one of the few welcome PPU rather than one among many... just because I can't play alone (well, I can kill WB, but it takes long and it's not funny).

So if any clan needs a PPU, plz reply or MP me.

nostra

Arcadius
22-08-03, 23:37
Beef is right, it seems pluto is dying. :(

nostrah
22-08-03, 23:43
OK, not pluto then...

What about the other servers? Are there not servers with huge unbalance (one faction dominating the server) that make it less funny to play? I'd like a server with more or less balanced factions and friendly ppl (not too serious, Neocron is not a matter of life or death for me).

nostra

japata
23-08-03, 06:44
Pluto is dying just because this. :D

Just come over to pluto and make an anti-city char. Join Crahn/O.R.C, we're a jolly bunch of active players. :)

And besides, people appreciate PPU's more on pluto as everyone has only one character / account.

Heavyporker
23-08-03, 06:48
No, join Pluto - more US players than you would think... and besides, I can't promise anything right now, but it looks like things might heat up there, muahahahaha.

Go get employed by N.Ex.T, and join a clan there.... PPU's are always useful even to corporate clans, what with their ability to increase the skills of workers and raise their morale.

Mankind
23-08-03, 06:55
Well if you decide to join the Saturn server and you want to be TT, be prepared for fights. TT/CM/CA are against TG and some PP/FA/BD.

You pretty much (unless you have your LE in), will get involved into the battle whether you are fighting one side or the other, or you are in the middle,

One thing for sure is that Saturn is really never dull. There's always enemies to fight in either pk zones or OPs and always a good amount of people to help.

KidWithStick
23-08-03, 06:59
saturn has the numbers....

but id bet money that people on pluto are better...

sometimes its fun playing on saturn since it has alot more people and (well there used to be) alot of lower lvl people...

i prefer pluto...and id like to see it back to how it used to be...

Mankind
23-08-03, 07:21
Oh I know people are nicer on Pluto. It's all about losing reputation because you only carry one character. If Pluto was a 4 character server (which they dont want), it would a)have more people and b)have more assholes.

Me..I prefer to be an asshole on Saturn.

Marx
23-08-03, 07:22
Pluto has all the cool people.

All the rest are jive turkeys.

O_o

P4mp3rk3
23-08-03, 11:46
Originally posted by nostrah
nostra, moine PPU 44, faction TT: je soigne, je buff, je debuff, je hack, je recycle... mais je fais pas le menage (pas capable de tuer une mouche si j'en rencontre une en faisant les vitres).

rofl!!! I love that signature :lol:

oh, and come to saturn ;) .... I'll even speak some french with you if you want :p

edit: saturn has the friendly people, almost balanced factions (Tangent, cityadmin and CM are fighting TG now)
All in all, it's a pretty cool server

t0tt3
23-08-03, 16:20
Marx sign
http://dirtynuke.net/585catattack.gif

:lol: baby get pwnd hate cats :D

nostrah
24-08-03, 16:59
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
rofl!!! I love that signature :lol:

oh, and come to saturn ;) .... I'll even speak some french with you if you want :p

Hell, no! I've not moved to the U.S. to practise my French...

Uuhh.. wait...

Hey!! KK !! Plz implement the "French lessons" skill... NOW! payable in rare parts, not in nc, of course... :p

nostra

nostrah
24-08-03, 17:02
Thank you all for your answers.

Before, I didn't know which server to pick.

Now, I don't know which one between Pluto and Saturn to pick. There's improvement (looks like after the 50/50 joker from "Who wants to be a millionaire"...o_O ).

Now, I guess it's time to "Ask the audience" :D

nostra

P4mp3rk3
24-08-03, 17:11
Originally posted by nostrah
Hell, no! I've not moved to the U.S. to practise my French...

Uuhh.. wait...

Hey!! KK !! Plz implement the "French lessons" skill... NOW! payable in rare parts, not in nc, of course... :p

nostra

sure, english I'll talk then, weee
come to saturn, can't you hear the voices?? 8|

Bosk
24-08-03, 18:34
I'd say go to Pluto.

On Pluto you can become famous and build a reputation (good or evil). Not that you can't on Saturn, but if you have 4 characters you're spreading yourself thin.

Pluto = "Here comes (name). INCOMING PK!!" or "Bah, he's a pussy."

Saturn = "Here comes (name). Isn't that playerX? Nah, that's playerY's character. PlayerX plays (name2), (name3), and (name4), but usually his sister's aunt plays on (name3) and his uncle plays on (name2) so...

Saturn gets confusing.

On Pluto, when I want something built I simply message my constructor and I don't have to remember that he plays a different alt every other day, and what their names are. Call me lazy, but I won't listen o_O

nostrah
24-08-03, 21:34
Lol... no agreement will be reached it seems.

I might have to try them both (on day each) untill I find a cool clan to join.

If anybody here is in a clan that corresponds to my profile (see initial post) and if the clan is recruiting, I'd appreciate to know. Just to make my statement clearer, I don't mind exping and looting, but my preference on the long run goes to a clan active in pvp, if possible.

Thanks,

nostra