PDA

View Full Version : "I wish, that, I knew what I know now"

Kendo Averly
22-08-03, 18:35
Or, really, I kinda wish, that things now, looked as good as what some things did back then, such as being able to differentiate between certain creatures and mobs back in the day..

http://www.megagames.com/screenshots/images/neocron/neocron_31.jpg

Apparently that's a decayed horror looking quite decayed and very horror-ish. Just thought I'd share.

OTIS
22-08-03, 18:57
sweet -40 sl and a monk using a fusion cannon thats kool:lol:

Futureman
22-08-03, 23:42
Wow super beta 2 old sk00l

phunqe
22-08-03, 23:45
Yeah I did see some other beta shots as well where the textures on mobs were very good compared to today.
What happened? Did it lag too much or what? :(

DarkPhoenix
22-08-03, 23:50
I love that HUD. Lets go back to it. :p

Futureman
23-08-03, 00:58
Okay ill post another pic from this article:

http://www.megagames.com/screenshots/images/neocron/neocron_17.jpg

Can you guess where it is?

notice the word Typheria:

Ever notice when you Genrep into Plaza 1 you have to chose Typheria Memorial?

Yep that's medicare, except it was called Typheria back then. They just never changed the Genrep.

It would be cool if they loaded the TS with some old code one day so we could go check out the old school stuff one day.

Huijari
23-08-03, 01:21
FYI, those pics are from alpha version. Beta2 was closer to retail RPOS

Nidhogg
23-08-03, 01:30
It's still called "Typherra Memorial" btw. It might say Medicare over the door but read the signpost on the wall...

N

Futureman
23-08-03, 01:54
aww nid,

why you gotta nitpick?

;)

yeah i saw that now

but why did they change it?
I think it was cool with these customized signs instead of everywhere being "Medicare"

nonamebrandeggs
23-08-03, 01:58
It's not Typherra anymore cuz now it's just a Memorial of Typherra :p.

BlackPrince
23-08-03, 02:00
Silly n00bs. also, I believe having that reference to Star Wars, Correlia, would be asking for a law suit.

Not that 'hovertechs', 'laserblades', and jawa suits aren't enough already for George Lucas to sue someone.

Heavyporker
23-08-03, 02:01
Yeah... like boutique shops or franchises or something... it'd add HUGE variety to the game, if you saw more shops than just the chain markets...

I mean, hells, where are the shops that the holosigns advertise about? like Giza Bank or so on and on?

Dammit! More variety!

Hey... Could there be a Plaza 5 and Plaza 6 and Pepper Park 4 and Pepper Park 5 and Outzone 7 and Outzone 10 and Industrial A 3? I mean...think about it...

Plaza is supposed to be twice the footprint of via rosso, and pepper park should have just about 2 or 3 more zones than plaza, and outzone/IND A together were supposed to eclipse via rosso...

CarniFlex
23-08-03, 02:06
I must say i kinda like that setup of the healthbar/stamina/psi pool. Im guessing that the qb was more of an area based thingie like your inventory is today. To bad they changed the qb but not the inventory...

I especially like the smoother edges and colors of the display. but thats just me :)

Btw whats the 4th bar for?

http://www.megagames.com/screenshots/images/neocron/neocron_23.jpg

And were still doing that one :D

DarkPhoenix
23-08-03, 04:24
4 th bar looks like OXY for Oxyegn. Remember swimmin used to be a learnable skill.

Viduus[JBX]
14-09-03, 05:29
Originally posted by Huijari
FYI, those pics are from alpha version. Beta2 was closer to retail RPOS I just got back to NC - I waited after beta 'cause I didn't think it was ready for release, with all the runtime errors and critical stops and whatnot...

Nothing's really changed, at least in that department.

But I'm still here. :D

I must be a chronic.

Shujin
14-09-03, 05:29
;[ this is a kewl thread ;[ i wish they would change rpos to be like that again

Mankind
14-09-03, 08:22
OMG I want this game, it looks so friggin cool.

Actually I would like a change up of our RPOS. Maybe someone can bring that back with the "Modification Forum". Personally I like it and the location of all the things. And that monster looks wicked. Also Neocron looks much darker and scarier of a place.

I never was in beta 2, just arrived in beta 4 but even then I loved being able to steadily level off a spider cacoon in plaza sewers with fire lance lol. And then being able to fight plants from a distance without them attacking you back.

Shujin
14-09-03, 10:23
Originally posted by Mankind
OMG I want this game, it looks so friggin cool.

Actually I would like a change up of our RPOS. Maybe someone can bring that back with the "Modification Forum". Personally I like it and the location of all the things. And that monster looks wicked. Also Neocron looks much darker and scarier of a place.

I never was in beta 2, just arrived in beta 4 but even then I loved being able to steadily level off a spider cacoon in plaza sewers with fire lance lol. And then being able to fight plants from a distance without them attacking you back. if i knew more bout the rpos i prolly would try to change it , but i duno shite bout it o.0