PDA

View Full Version : A GM formed NCPD? [Brainport?]

Kendo Averly
22-08-03, 17:20
They could sort of roleplay, and yet sort of not. I think Neocron is lacking a form of enforcement. Because, at the end of the day, you really can't get a known villain, a rapscallion, a rogue, a thief, to get out of neocron because he's banned.

This sort of Roleplay may be difficult to put in place, but it's kind of, perhaps in a way, been used in the animé .Hack//SIGN with their Knights.

Lets take for example, a TG clan 'infiltrates' CityAdmin, still working for their TG ideals, they run around Neocron and the OPs sabotaging CA's every attempt at trying to get anywhere, the faction guards don't shoot at them, and they care not for killing an allied runner. So say CityAdmin and other Neocron defenses band against them, and they want them out, they've been shown as the villains they are....

How can you enforce it aside from shooting them at every turn? You can't expect people to constantly monitor the sewers, and the NCPD Copbots wont shoot them to get them the hell out the safezones.

If they were shown for their true alliance, then a GM NCPD force who'd be roleplaying this, could force them to be TG, or whatever enemy faction they are, and they wouldn't be as welcomed by the faction guards and the like.

It's just a set example. You could then have prisons, and such, and it'd be easier to 'enforce' the law.

Now, someone's going to say 'well, it'd be no fun then'. But here's the thing, you'd be dealing with people, who'd have their own attitude, you'd have the 'corrupt cops' who'd turn a blind eye, I'm not saying they'd be able to shoot in the safezones, but, perhaps consider this a foundation idea that I've had.

We're already personifying the faction counsellors, and the factions have councils, why isn't there an NCPD group which can actually have some power to enforce the law when they can, figuratively speaking of course.

Roleplaying NCPD Precinct One, it was annoying and awkward... "I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to leave CA HQ" "or what?" *blam blam* shoot out later, it turns into a zoning section camping war where you can sit for hours, one side gets fed up, loses reinforcements, or you're sat there in stale mate for hours, you see them later on, there's no penalty there... you investigate a crime, you interview people, you try to RP it. We managed to get things like datadiscs to write on pretending they're 'evidence' to help with this, but still after all it's difficult to enforce and to try to RP it out.

Flame or discuss, up to you, :)

Nasher
22-08-03, 17:27
I think this was the origional idea way back in beta, but to many kids with big egos and no understanding of an RPG complain when any GM gets involved with pvp in any way so it was probably scrapped.

NeoLojik
22-08-03, 17:30
1) Make it tightly enforced, all members should be monitored closely for their actions
2) Make a new usergroup that ISNT GM, Put them as part of the SL faction like copbots
3) Keep the number of group members realitively low, they only have to cover the plaza, not the entire map.

Other than those 3 points, excellent idea, 5 stars :)

Kendo Averly
22-08-03, 17:31
Well criminals always complain don't they? "I didn't do it, it wasn't me guv'" ;) My thoughts're that these people may not be the 127/127 Elite Invincible GMs that're normally patrolling the streets, they'd be within normal constraints. So they would be, like a regular citizen person. They'd just be able to 'enforce' law that bit better.

3) Keep the number of group members realitively low, they only have to cover the plaza, not the entire map

Well, Via Rosso and the Plaza. NCPD doesn't really have jurisdiction in Pepper Park anymore. Perhaps going on patrols, and maybe you could have part of the citycom to report a crime or some such... they wouldn't deal with lost items, or hacked belts. Such menial things can't exactly be proven, but from an RP p.o.v I suppose something could be looked into type of thing... and maybe they'd all walk around in NCPD armour too. It'd be like the patrol vehicles, if you see an NCPD Officer walking around the streets, you're going to notice them.

Since there're still no STORM bots on some servers, an official NCPD presence in game whom could do something would be a good idea imo..