PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 - Intro trailer

Tyranny
22-08-03, 17:17
I personally am eagerly waiting for this to be released, I believe its now due out about October.

I have just watched the intro trailer -

http://www.gamershell.com/download_3135.shtml

October seems a long way :(

Lethys
22-08-03, 17:20
*watches trailer*

*drools to the point of dehydration*

This is my most wanted game right now, ahead of HL2, Halo 2 and XIII. But last I heard it had been delayed until early 2004. That had better not be true, or someone is going to pay........ :mad:

Tyranny
22-08-03, 17:32
No not another delay :eek: :(

Must look for official date......

NeoLojik
22-08-03, 17:33
Amazon and Gameplay both have it listed for Feb 2004 :(

Judge
22-08-03, 17:40
Damn... who's voice was that. Its been a long time since I completed deus ex and I can't remember the voices.

Pwnage
22-08-03, 18:21
I loved the first Deus Ex... and this trailer looks damn good...

but

How does this relate to the first one? What's that purple thing?

J45
22-08-03, 20:12
Damn... who's voice was that. Its been a long time since I completed deus ex and I can't remember the voices.

believe is was walter simons, didnt recognise any other voices.

wonder if jc is still the main charactor

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 20:19
Before I start, I love Deus Ex, I mean, I loved Deus Ex...1

This second one has been ruined by consoles, this is almost a Halo story where they bought of the game off for Xbox. But here's why it effects the PC user, everything is dumbed down for consoles, infact how stealther can you be on a joystick? *So stealth will be dumbed down* They have removed Skills *like the leveling up* and inventory *...like...inventory..* with the remove of these two things now there is no possible reward for Side missions, thus these are now removed thus removing pretty much all RPG. They also made so every single weapon uses the same ammo, so there will no longer be ammo mods, and you will never get that great feeling of being low on ammo for your main weapon ;).

So now we have Remove of RPG, Stealth, Inventory, Exp/Skills, Ammo mods and people who tried the E3 demo said the game felt like a shoot em up style with little to no RPG.

Consoles destroyed the perfect RPG/FPS/Stealth Hybird! :mad:

-EnclaveGrunt-
22-08-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Judge

I think it was that boss in the hanger in Area 51......it looks like he downloaded his brain into a female body :eek:

J45
22-08-03, 20:30
no weapon mods at all?? my stealth pistol in dx 1 was pure ownage, could snipe with the damn thing. though isnt there a version for pc and a version for xbox ? ....gives us some hope.
i agree the intro does have console style graphics but thats not always bad, tbh i'd prefer an updated engine with new locations, same charactors and same kind of storyline. still pay that £30 ;)

ps AND A KICK ASS MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 21:55
Originally posted by J45
no weapon mods at all?? my stealth pistol in dx 1 was pure ownage, could snipe with the damn thing. though isnt there a version for pc and a version for xbox ? ....gives us some hope.
i agree the intro does have console style graphics but thats not always bad, tbh i'd prefer an updated engine with new locations, same charactors and same kind of storyline. still pay that £30 ;)

ps AND A KICK ASS MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY

I never said no weapon mods (im not sure, they may not have them ethier) I said no ammo mods for example the tranq dart for the mini-crossbow

Benjie
22-08-03, 22:32
I outta start a "who want's to spam the term Unreleased-Game-Pregadise around the forums on the net" poll just to get you people to be a bit more weary.

SilentGravity you have no clue how good/shit deus ex 2 is so close your mouth man! Wait untill you have played it untill you dismiss it, and please be a little more open minded. Make threads pointing out features and suggesting consiquences rather than condeming games for them. Hell this may yet be the best game you have evver played! You... just... Dont... Know!...

About the trailor, it looks great! I love the hustling city's. I feel like I will be able to immerse myself in the game, but is that really in game footage? Damn I hope so. It would be horrible if you saw a pre-game movie like that, and then when you got controll the picture changed to somthing remenisant of Doom 64.

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Benjie
I outta start a "who want's to spam the term Unreleased-Game-Pregadise around the forums on the net" poll just to get you people to be a bit more weary.

SilentGravity you have no clue how good/shit deus ex 2 is so close your mouth man! Wait untill you have played it untill you dismiss it, and please be a little more open minded. Make threads pointing out features and suggesting consiquences rather than condeming games for them. Hell this may yet be the best game you have evver played! You... just... Dont... Know!...

About the trailor, it looks great! I love the hustling city's. I feel like I will be able to immerse myself in the game, but is that really in game footage? Damn I hope so. It would be horrible if you saw a pre-game movie like that, and then when you got controll the picture changed to somthing remenisant of Doom 64.

Umm, its NOT a ingame o_O, its a CG movie... thats why its called a *TRAILER/INTRO*

Thats like saying you dont know dog shit tastes bad untell you have tried it, I can smell it from here...

I have already told you, these are facts that they removed these items, this is also written things from people who tried it at E3.

Would you like Neocron say if they removed all classes but PE? maybe cut the weapons in half? took away all slots/mods? Removed everything besides fighting monsters? You can tell you wont like Neocron after that, you dont have to play it to know :rolleyes:

Benjie
22-08-03, 23:52
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Umm, its NOT a ingame o_O, its a CG movie... thats why its called a *TRAILER/INTRO*

Thats like saying you dont know dog shit tastes bad untell you have tried it, I can smell it from here...

I have already told you, these are facts that they removed these items, this is also written things from people who tried it at E3.

Would you like Neocron say if they removed all classes but PE? maybe cut the weapons in half? took away all slots/mods? Removed everything besides fighting monsters? You can tell you wont like Neocron after that, you dont have to play it to know :rolleyes:

But you don't know why. Maybe it's a psicological ploy to make you expect the game to be crap. Maybe it's to make room for other gameplay elements. Maybe it's still there but with a more compact revolutionary system. Maybe you hold things in your hands! I dunno. Thats my point. nobody does.

PS how do you know that dogshit tastes crap? Maybe you should try eating it...

SilentGravity
23-08-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Benjie
But you don't know why. Maybe it's a psicological ploy to make you expect the game to be crap. Maybe it's to make room for other gameplay elements. Maybe it's still there but with a more compact revolutionary system. Maybe you hold things in your hands! I dunno. Thats my point. nobody does.

PS how do you know that dogshit tastes crap? Maybe you should try eating it...

Well taste is mostly smell anyways :p, "I can smell it from here".

Deus Ex 2 seems to be turning out to be a Unreal 2 with Biomods (why the hell did they change the name for the augs?)

Judge
23-08-03, 00:50
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Before I start, I love Deus Ex, I mean, I loved Deus Ex...1

This second one has been ruined by consoles, this is almost a Halo story where they bought of the game off for Xbox. But here's why it effects the PC user, everything is dumbed down for consoles, infact how stealther can you be on a joystick? *So stealth will be dumbed down* They have removed Skills *like the leveling up* and inventory *...like...inventory..* with the remove of these two things now there is no possible reward for Side missions, thus these are now removed thus removing pretty much all RPG. They also made so every single weapon uses the same ammo, so there will no longer be ammo mods, and you will never get that great feeling of being low on ammo for your main weapon ;).

So now we have Remove of RPG, Stealth, Inventory, Exp/Skills, Ammo mods and people who tried the E3 demo said the game felt like a shoot em up style with little to no RPG.

Consoles destroyed the perfect RPG/FPS/Stealth Hybird! :mad:

Oh dear... I had heard some rumours to that effect. I didn't want to visit the official site just in case they were true :(