PDA

View Full Version : Of quickbelts and rare rate drops.

Judge
22-08-03, 16:36
Ok. I have been thinking about the whole quickbelt and rare drops situation. I have been talking to alot of people before the change from stright drop to drop into quick belt and have found that alot of them prefered the old rules. Now here is my proposition:

No safeslot. Increase tech droprate to the levels it was when there was no safeslot. Quickbelts still drop, but instead of hacking them on the ground you pick them up then either you hack them or get someone else to hack them from your/their inventory. Once hacked they open up like a cabinet and you can take out whatever is inside. Once they have been emptied the Quickbelts dissappear.

The good things that this will acheive:

Alot more people taking part in PvP, because of potential award and excitement. Also even though you are more likely to drop your rare, rares are also alot more easy to get hold of.

Newbies will not get scared off by the trade channel. Imagine logging in for the first time, with your 200 credits left over from MC5 and hearing people saying that they will pay 250K for one part of a weapon.

Hacking will if anything be increased as a tradeskill. "Want high level hacker to crack 2 quickbelts in plaza 1".

The people or person who won the fight will get the reward. Not a random hacker who comes alot a few days after and who didn't do anything for the fight.

So what do you think?

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:40
I love it. I posted an identical idea ages ago which unfortunately got flamed, but I knew some day someone else would try it again. Good luck, you get 5 stars from me.

Mumblyfish
22-08-03, 16:41
Get rid of my safeslot, and I kick you in the throat. With my boot.

Boo.

Edit: Forgot the 1-star.

hinch
22-08-03, 16:42
great idea i`ll take it anyday

perhaps it`ll also stop people running around with loads of rares knowing they have no fear of loosing it

VVerevvolf
22-08-03, 16:43
yes.
Everyone runs around with his rare in the saveslot.
The best you can get is a spell.
I like the idea :)

\\Fényx//
22-08-03, 16:44
why not like that but keep the safe slot?

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:46
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
why not like that but keep the safe slot?

Because the point is there's no good loot in PvP. People don't wanna drop their rares because they're so hard to get. So the idea is if people can get more than one of the necessary rares they won't mind dropping one in a fight.

Kugero
22-08-03, 16:50
yea but if you bump the drop rate up a bit so getting parts is easier I would be more inclined to carry multiple rares. Hell I wish I could now but not when it takes so long to get something put together. Having the safe slot means you can protect that one special weapon or spell you love the most ...

garyu69
22-08-03, 16:51
Originally posted by Judge
Quickbelts still drop, but instead of hacking them on the ground you pick them up then either you hack them or get someone else to hack them from your/their inventory. No way.
Are you trying to make it completly and utterly pointless that i have a Hack Skill?
I have hack skill and the only way of making some cash it to loot dead peoples belts. If it turns out that anyone can pick up a belt and then get it hacked that will leave virtually nothing for me.

Hate that idea!

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:52
Originally posted by Kugero
yea but if you bump the drop rate up a bit so getting parts is easier I would be more inclined to carry multiple rares. Hell I wish I could now but not when it takes so long to get something put together. Having the safe slot means you can protect that one special weapon or spell you love the most ...

But wouldn't you love that spell even more if you fought a player you didn't think you could beat but you did and he dropped it? Carrying multiple rares would certainly be more common because there's no longer any disadvantage to it really. And that leads to more diversity, rather than every tank having CS and SpeedGun and only ever pulling out an AoE for an OP war they would use them more often.

Stigmata
22-08-03, 16:53
Scikar
The ugliest apu on ANY server.

A great year for english football.

This idea is ok but would it still be a random item from quickbelt or from the inv aswell

coz i remember when someone would start to shoot me and i would drag all of my shit outta the QB into the inv ??

Andy

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:54
Originally posted by garyu69
No way.
Are you trying to make it completly and utterly pointless that i have a Hack Skill?
I have hack skill and the only way of making some cash it to loot dead peoples belts. If it turns out that anyone can pick up a belt and then get it hacked that will leave virtually nothing for me.

Hate that idea!

THINK a second. They can't hack it themselves. They have to take the belt to someone like you to get it hacked. And then you can slap a big charge on for it.

garyu69
22-08-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Scikar
THINK a second. They can't hack it themselves. They have to take the belt to someone like you to get it hacked. And then you can slap a big charge on for it. But i won't recieve any cash for it because it is likely that they will take it to their Clan Hacker who more than likely will do it for Free :(

Spoon
22-08-03, 16:59
No safeslot?
I think people would no longer farm Warbots, they would just farm Spy's, instead....

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:00
Haha garyu, you are basically saying your hack skill has use looting not earned quickbelts.

You kill the player, you hack the belt, you get the reward. It makes sense to me... or get a payment for hacking a belt as a job to other person who ganked a person.

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:00
But i won't recieve any cash for it because it is likely that they will take it to their Clan Hacker who more than likely will do it for Free :(

So send out your clan mates to go pick up all the belts they can find. The only belts that you won't get are the ones that people drop in a PvP fight and the winner picks up the loser's belt. And belts like that don't stay lying around for long now anyway. The belts people drop in PvM will still be around for you to snag.

garyu69
22-08-03, 17:04
It not a case of earning the belt.

Its a case of my hack skill will only be able to be used for OPs and when someone wants me to hack a belt for them.

Why should the person who makes the kill get the belt? Just because you have put all your INT into Weapon lore instead of choosing a trade skill too.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:09
Think about it... when a person drops a belt? when he died. Therefore except it is a mob kill, the person who killed the belt owner, is the one who should get the rights for it.

Making hack a rewarded tradeskill should not mean taking the rewards from others' skills, and now it's what's happening in Neocron.

To improve hackers, you can ask for a HackNet, for being able to hack GR's, special hunting places which require a hacker to access to the boss, etc etc etc... but that's a different point of the topic of the thread.

Judge
22-08-03, 17:12
Why should the person who makes the kill get the belt? Just because you have put all your INT into Weapon lore instead of choosing a trade skill too.

They should get the belt because they killed the guy and weren't just lucky enough to happen upon a quickbelt.

What has putting all int into wepaon lore got anything to do with it?

Does anyone who has voted no remember what the drop rates were like when there was no safeslot?

Its a case of my hack skill will only be able to be used for OPs and when someone wants me to hack a belt for them.

And now all its used for is OPs and hacking belts you find on the floor and with these changes you would also find belts that have been dropped in PvM fights as well.

Also yes stigmata it would be from the whole inventory. :)

Cyphor
22-08-03, 17:23
For me this idea would be good and bad, my ppu wouldnt care as i drop something good 9 times out of 10 anyway if i die.
My droner well everything can be replaced, hell think i keep my drone boost in slot one :p
However although I only really play my pe's for duels etc atm and hacking, I fear they would never see mass pvp again, the trouble it takes to get a artifact all stats ray of god or libby just doesnt make it worth looseing them (suppose my pistoler could fight with a blacksun), so id agree with fenix keep a safeslot and allow the belt to be picked up. Thus increases hacking as a tradeskill but preventing those who worked hard from loosing rares.

ps: i dont hack belts that much but from the mabey 30 ive hacked on my pe ive had a 4 slot holy heal and a phosphor libby, rest being armour etc, but i still think the loot is ok with belts.

Kugero
22-08-03, 17:23
But wouldn't you love that spell even more if you fought a player you didn't think you could beat but you did and he dropped it?

yea but then I would end up losing my new found love to someone else - the cycle would just repeat itself over and over ...

I don't know if I can take that much repeated heart break Scikar ... :)

seriously though - imo losing the safe slot would go over a bit easier if I knew the tech part drop rate had been tweaked, the tech table cleaned up, and maybe some more balance between high-end non-rares and rares (realizing there are some now like the blacksun or TPC but we need more diversity and a better chance for multiple slots).

Heck I wouldn't even care about rares if I knew I could consistently get 3 or more slots on a Napalm or Blacksun or something - right now that seems almost impossible (without using a slot enhancer that is currently dependent on the tech part table and drop rate).

Judge
22-08-03, 17:29
Originally posted by Kugero
yea but then I would end up losing my new found love to someone else - the cycle would just repeat itself over and over ...

Yup, thats the point. Also it would increase the amount of rare constructing done, which can only be a good thing.

This would also keep the economy moving. ATM its kinda a stagnant pool, as most people want to hold onto all their tech parts as they may be useful some day. But with these changes people would have alot more techs, there would be more trade as everyone knows that if they really wanted a part a few hours hunting and a bit of trading would yeild success. A moving economy is much more healthy than a stagnant one :D

Hmm.... Maybe people would be better off with the safeslot. But the point that I'm making is that there needs to be a reward for PvP.

SorkZmok
22-08-03, 17:30
Very nice idea!

5 Stars

Disturbed021
22-08-03, 17:32
Originally posted by Spoon
No safeslot?
I think people would no longer farm Warbots, they would just farm Spy's, instead....

I voted Maybe cause I agree with Spoon here.
Could just turn into a gankfest.
One thing stopping alot of the pking is the fact that you don't get a reward for it unless you hack. So whats the point of pking if the guy will just come back later for his stuff or some random person walks by and hacks it? Not much. Sorry but you shouldn't be rewarded so easily for killing ppl.

This would mean that every APU, PE, Tank and even Spy would not have to put points into Hack and thus can focus more on actual killing.
So, low level runners, weak PvP ppl, or ppl who get jumped while fighting a mob- will immediately have their item (whatever it was) taken.

Hmmm, I kinda like the idea if;

1. The Rare part drop IS increased a shit load more than now.
2. You still keep the one safeslot. With every single one of my characters I carry 2 different types of weapons (both would be rare if I could find all the f00kin parts) typically a Tech and a non-tech. So, it would suck to get ganked, loose one of my 2 rares, then get ganked again while trying to get rare parts back and loosing my other rare.

I guess I'm not too big into PvP and wanting other ppls items, I just want the items I had built that I have grown fond of :D

Vampire222
22-08-03, 17:32
only thing in my safeslot is my holy para, and i got like 50 more of those, so i wouldnt mind finding a cs in a quickbelt once in a while, itd greatly encourage random pking for weapons

KRIMINAL99
22-08-03, 17:38
i think its a good idea except for 2 things- 1. I don't think there are any moveable container items in the game so far which means it might be a pain to programm, but if not then cool.

2. That creates yet another situation where people have to depend on tradeskillers where they can easily be scammed without the person ever knowing :( I can't even list how many people have told me they keep rare parts in their inventory as ressers and then swap peoples parts for ones they want when they come up.

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:42
Krim it wouldn't be too hard - the item could be turned into the QB itself, sorta like an unidentified tech. And then when it's hacked it turns into the item.

I think the runners scamming other runners is a part of the game, and an interesting one. You have to find someone you can trust. Personally I have a researcher, and if he was high enough to do techs without a lab I'd be in Plaza and I would switch techs - but only with enemies. I wouldn't switch techs belonging to faction allies or my friends, but I see no problem with scamming people of enemy factions who were stupid enough to trust me. In the same way I'll tip a FA or Crahn who pokes me but a CA or CM gets nothing.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 17:47
I like it. One thing to add if this change was made....a perons with 100 SL would be near impossible to hack. I don't mean by the standards now, I mean you would have to have 200+ hack to be able to do it.

Judge
22-08-03, 17:48
1. The Rare part drop IS increased a shit load more than now.

Yes it would need to be alot.

One thing stopping alot of the pking is the fact that you don't get a reward for it unless you hack. So whats the point of pking if the guy will just come back later for his stuff or some random person walks by and hacks it? Not much. Sorry but you shouldn't be rewarded so easily for killing ppl.

Think of it this way. Would a high level player or even a med level player want anything that could drop from a noob? Like a nailgun or something. Not really.

Also where do you draw the line between "PKing"and PvP. Killing enemy factions is completely justified, and most people don't want to kill allied factions because of the recent SL hits. And the no reward thing isn't why people don't go on aggie cellar killing sprees any more is because of the hunting zone rules. Which are very good and keep noobs safe.

Do we actuallly want to stop "PKing" as I see it if you take out your LE (I have nothing against LEs) then you are taking part in the PvP game. I also think that LE people should be able to start up clans. So that they can play the game the way they want.

Kugero
22-08-03, 17:56
That creates yet another situation where people have to depend on tradeskillers where they can easily be scammed without the person ever knowing I can't even list how many people have told me they keep rare parts in their inventory as ressers and then swap peoples parts for ones they want when they come up.

well remote processing would handle that issue but I don't think KK will ever remove that social aspect of game ...

This is probably not a good idea but I'm posting it none the less:

what about taking the PvM reward system and working it into the PvP? Every item has a monetary value attached to it - when you kill somebody your rank difference determines the "drop cap" max and min based on a monetary value cap. What I mean is if I'm 40/xx and I gank a 2/xx then my "drop cap" max would only be say 100nc and my min would be 0nc. Therefore 2/xx would only drop something between 0-100nc into his quickbelt. Now if the same 40/xx kills a 55/xx then his drop cap max would be 100k nc and the drop cap min would be 50k - the 55/xx would then lose a random item between 50-100k in value. If the runner didn't have an item of that value to drop the killer would receive the same in cash directly from the other guys bank. If the dead guy didn't have that much cash then it would drop an item of the highest value closest to the drop cap minimum.

Complicated I know but everything else in NC is so ...

Disturbed021
22-08-03, 17:58
well if you can pick up someones qb they drop when they die and know that they don't have a safeslot? My guess is that alot of ppl will gank anyone with a xx/50 rank. GR camping would increase. So would killing ppl while they are engaged with mobs. Because both would result in a qb that they can store for hacking later.

On 4 char servers everyone would or should create a hacking alt just to make sure they do infact get the loot.

I still fail to see how not having a safeslot would increase the fun of NC or is necassary to this idea.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:59
The current system calculates the PvP drop based in the Tech Level of the items in your inventory and quickbelt. Your drop is one of the 10 items with higher TL.

This is how the current system works, making it based in your average (not combat) rank would be a good idea, and easy to implement.

greendonkeyuk
22-08-03, 18:16
if this is the case id prefer to see a different drop rate for the when the mob does most damage and for when a player does the most damage.

If some dude is going toe to toe with a chaser and some other *$£"$er comes over and ganks him to take his libby or whatever then that dude is gonna be MOST PISSED OFF.

I think that drops due to pvm death should be current (ie no rares drop etc) and pvp should be all tls....

maybe pvm death drops up to tl 70 and pvp drops all tls?

Cliffraiser
22-08-03, 18:28
Great idea, this will make it somehow like it used to be in pre-quickbelt-safeslot time. and that time rocked imo :). NC got soft when they implented the quickbelt-safeslot crap :/

Devils Grace
22-08-03, 18:29
lets take a look to all threads about those ppl that dont like pking and prefer a more trade roleplay......just look at all the replys to the shujin thread about rpking....

what about them

ok now we have some ppl teaming just to kill ppl for fun....a apu a tank and a ppu all well buffed isnt the 1st time u see that

hell i agree with that, pvp ita one of the most important factores in this game, and yes i like it and i do it to.

however with the removel of the safe spot u will have those same ppl teaming even more and raid the bases and the outzones, and the lvling places just to have their quick belts, and their rares.

so in the future (if this rule goes forward) skill will not matter caus even the best pvp skiller will face is doom and lose evertihing that he worked for if he is running in the oz or helping a friend in n00b area (ex. angies) and 1 apu one ppu or more come along and kill him.

so i say no thks keep things as they are or the rampage and the killing will be much greater and the point of pvp (roleplay because he is from an enemy clan or faction or just for fun or even if u are an assassin asshole) will disapear and more ppl will leave this game, because not all of us can have a clan with 100 menbers even if theres only 10 online.

Dribble Joy
22-08-03, 19:15
Uhhhh... NO

As someone said, NC will become a gank fest. I love PvP but not what this would bring. To me PvP isn't about getting the loot of people, but part of the RP of this game.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 19:34
Every community is based in desires-resources-goals, exactly in this order, and neocron is a small community.

People see the rewards and the resources to their own desires, for ones the reward is the RP, for others it is to "collect" loot...

The resources to reach these goals are varied, and KK has to reach a balance between them, that's the reason I disagree with your argument Dribble Joy.

Judge
22-08-03, 19:36
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Uhhhh... NO

As someone said, NC will become a gank fest. I love PvP but not what this would bring. To me PvP isn't about getting the loot of people, but part of the RP of this game.

But why would it turn into a gank fest? I mean what is so different from now? You can't just run round killing everyone because your SL will catch up with you and missions give alot less SL now.

You can still go round killing people of a hostile faction but that happens anyway.

Dribble Joy
22-08-03, 19:45
Originally posted by Sleawer
Every community is based in desires-resources-goals, exactly in this order, and neocron is a small community.

People see the rewards and the resources to their own desires, for ones the reward is the RP, for others it is to "collect" loot...

The resources to reach these goals are varied, and KK has to reach a balance between them, that's the reason I disagree with your argument Dribble Joy.

And I thnk they have reached some sort of balance at the moment, so while I agree with you in part, I don't think they should change it as per the idea that began this thread.

Devils Grace
22-08-03, 19:49
ok judge lets say u got a 5 sloted sometin ok

imagine that u are peacefull hunting or having fun and someone coems in the back and gank u

2 things will hapen

1st - u carry it always with u kuz u are a damn good pvp player that no one can kill but this time.... ups......badluck and ur gun drops and someone take it..........nahhhh that would not piss u offf of course not why should u........u can buld another right:lol:
2- u dont use it and if u do or u dont leave plaza or u go to warzones only where belts dont drop..........shit i didnt say that or someone will porpuse to remove warzones and make belts drop there to.

comon why should non pvp players (wich im not one) should get their stuf lost just kuz some of u want it.

the amount of adrenaline that u get from a pvp fight its not beacuse of the loot its because of the fight itself
its the oportunity to kill someone and get good wirth ur self kuz (depending of the oponent)that says that ur good, its not because of the amount of loot u can take

Sleawer
22-08-03, 19:51
At the moment the resources-rewards for the collector who bases his actions in PvP, are deeply unbalanced.

As you have said, only people who plays PvP for the RP aspect of the game, finds are true reward on it; except the combat-hackers, which are few. However they are "forced" to team, to depend of other char, a hacker, to obtain their reward, or just leave it in the floor for any other who didnt earn it.

Also my disagreement with you doesnt mean my agreement with the thread idea. A change needs to be done, but I am not sure if this is the best.

Devils Grace
22-08-03, 19:56
another reason i see is that the intire roleplay history of this game will be ruined.

why u ask ?

well beacuse that thing of killing enemy factions and faction that are at war or even neutral factions because they help those u are enemies will end

ppl will start to kill others just because they know that u got a 5 sloted sometin with all stats 120 even if u are a allied faction

hell all i want is ur weapon so badluck...

go complain in forums after

:D

Dribble Joy
22-08-03, 19:57
Ah, cunning.

Drop rate needs to be increased, especially if server numbers pick up with DoY ( IF )
@ DG, if you don't want to be exposed to PvP, use an LE. Simple.
Otherwise you accept that you are vulnerable to attack.

Perhaps go back to the old drop rules but keep the No. 1 safe slot. IE. no belts. possibly keep the inv. drppability as it is now, so.... keep it is as is now... but.. with.. no... belts....... hmmm

Sleawer
22-08-03, 20:02
To add something to the topic, I must say that the first slot safe rule is quite unfair judging the different classes of the game.

Tanks only can lose pieces of armors and some low TL spells (CS is in the 1st slot, and speedgun cannot be dropped) and maybe any AoE weapon.

PE's and Spies can lose some worthly spells (like 5 slotted blessed deflectors) or even a rare if they carry two pistols or two rifles (more in the case of spies)

Apu monks can lose from 2 or even 3 or 4 rares if they carry any rare barrel or rare antibuff, to a 5 slotted poison beam in an apu case.

Ending with the ppu situation, which is the worst, being able to lose a wide variety of top end Tech Level spells, in most cases multi-slotted, and even an unfair chance to lose various of the rares they have to carry.

That's the reason because I see the rule unfair and biased looking the different classes.

Devils Grace
22-08-03, 20:03
yes drible joy i like pvp

the 1st thing i do with ma chars is to take LE out

if someone kills me bad luck to i will get even or i will do the same

i dont come here crying about it

i like pvp just beacuse the fun of it niot because i can get ur loot

i like ur idea better altough ur best weapon that take ur ass to get should be always safe.... ALWAYS.

Devils Grace
22-08-03, 20:13
why should one class (tanks)be prejudice (hun??dont know how to say it) just because others need to use more rares.

if that is ur reason then change the rules regarding the monks

to protect their spells

pure and simple

and now the day is over im goin home play all nite

but judge dont think i am complaining about ur thread, no im not

this thread is far more inteligent and deserves the discussion in a forum that some ive read

i just dont agree with u

kthxbye and cya all in game :angel:

Roc-a-fella
22-08-03, 20:18
sorry safe slot is your friend

Dribble Joy
22-08-03, 20:41
To add something to the topic, I must say that the first slot safe rule is quite unfair judging the different classes of the game.

Tanks only can lose pieces of armors and some low TL spells (CS is in the 1st slot, and speedgun cannot be dropped) and maybe any AoE weapon.

PE's and Spies can lose some worthly spells (like 5 slotted blessed deflectors) or even a rare if they carry two pistols or two rifles (more in the case of spies)

Apu monks can lose from 2 or even 3 or 4 rares if they carry any rare barrel or rare antibuff, to a 5 slotted poison beam in an apu case.

Ending with the ppu situation, which is the worst, being able to lose a wide variety of top end Tech Level spells, in most cases multi-slotted, and even an unfair chance to lose various of the rares they have to carry.

That's the reason because I see the rule unfair and biased looking the different classes.

Not to be offensive, but you prefer going back to the old drop rules Slewear?, were PPUs were garanteed to loose a rare/very expensive spell.
The rate PPUs get money is somewhat screwed.
I never carry more than one gun at a time.
I could argue that PPUs are indestructable so they don't need more safe slots, and any PPU that actually dies at the hands of someone else deserves to loose a spell. But I won't.
Give PPUs another safe slot? I dunno.
Do what ever you want with belts/drop rules/whatever, but I would very much like to keep the safe slot.
I have many judges, but only 1 very good one. If the safe slot goes, I will most likely not carry it around exept for NF/dueling.

*hugs his judge

Sleawer
22-08-03, 21:07
I have in mind that what I preffer or not is not the point of the thread, but I can tell you that I enjoyed the game much more in the times of the old PvP rules.

If you dont want to be offensive, you just need to spell my name correctly, at least to show a bit of interest and respect for me.. about agreeing with me or not, that's not offensive, it is just your opinion, and I have to respect it.

What I do not understand, is why we need to add a feature like the first slot safe, when we know for sure that it will be unfair depending of the class you look at.

And Devils Grace, nothing is pure and simple changing a rule which affects an entire community, KK has to be very cautious with each one of their decisions.

Dribble Joy, the example of your judge is very precise, you wont carry it because it wont be safe anymore, however we have a class, specially the ppu monk, which is carrying various rares and non-rare spells even harder to get than any unique item.

Althought you didnt want to say that about ppu's, you said it and wrote it in the forum, so everybody can read it. That's one of the behaviours that everyone should avoid; "I do not want to harm, but I did it, or I have to". There are two ppu threads in this same forum, go there and post what you said here, convince them of that, if you can convince anyone.

There is a principle regarding laws and rules in every civilized community, the idea of the Law has to be Fair; without the fairness, the law lose its meaning, therefore losing the condition of Law.

Before implementing that feature, some things should have been changed aswell.

Spoon
22-08-03, 21:22
Remember when people were asking for OP's to be more important and worth holding etc..?
And the new GR rules came out of that.
(Although, I believe KK did it, not because you wanted it, but because they saw it as a way to put in a big fat juicy timesink into the game.)
Well, we got the new GR rules, but no new GR's, as I thought KK promised....

So they would probably remove the safeslot as you have asked for, but, KK:"oops, we forgot to increase the Tech Part drop and clean up the polluted Rare pool, sorry, you'll just have to "Deal with it" (tm)"....

I just can't see them increasing the tech part drop for anything.

btw, does anyone have any idea how many quit the game because of people like Starkes/Hate and other gank squads?

Disturbed021
22-08-03, 21:28
But why would it turn into a gank fest? I mean what is so different from now? You can't just run round killing everyone because your SL will catch up with you and missions give alot less SL now.

You can still go round killing people of a hostile faction but that happens anyway.

If ppl didn't have a safeslot and I didn't have to hack the belt to get the loot but take it with me for later cracking??
Dude I would so kill just about anybody, anytime, anywhere unless they were in a clan I knew and liked or where too low to be worth it.

And I don't ever gank ppl and I WOULD gank ppl at anytime if it were like this, so imagine the ppl who gank ppl already...they would be drooling over this.

SL? Who gives a f00k about SL if you're capped or near capped and have $$ and friends? I certainly wouldn't. The possible rewards would be too high for me to worry about SL.

Judge
22-08-03, 21:56
Ah well evidently NC has gone soft.... shame that most of the people who would agree with me have been perma banned from the forums. :(

Arcadius
22-08-03, 21:58
Originally posted by Scikar
I love it. I posted an identical idea ages ago which unfortunately got flamed, but I knew some day someone else would try it again. Good luck, you get 5 stars from me.

Yes i like it too and I also posted the same idea, and I ALSO got flamed. lmao :p

CarniFlex
23-08-03, 02:23
If you want belts in pvp... go jupiter. K THX BYE!

Arcadius
23-08-03, 02:41
Originally posted by CarniFlex
If you want belts in pvp... go jupiter. K THX BYE!

Yes let's all learn german to get belts in PvP. :p

Sleawer
23-08-03, 05:00
@Disturbed021

would you gank anyone at anytime?

many times I've heard that, and only few did it besides GR camping or newb cellars killing. Just remember that you are not the only one who can attack, create yourself a reputation of PK'er, and you will find yourself being ganked much more times than you kill anyone.

Is not so sweet having entire clans after you, and every faction chat spamming your name wherever a runner sees you. Just think about it, I know it very well.

SL? I give much more than a damn fuck about SL, or you enjoy losing 5 items per kill? even with millions in your account, you would be attacked by everyone for having red sl. And friends heh, ganking everyone you dont have friends, only enemies and few companions of ganking if you have luck.

Disturbed021
23-08-03, 06:04
Yep I would. Only on a 4 character server tho. With the original Idea of taking the qb with you and anything can drop, I would create an APU monkey (already have a mid level one) and would cap PSI then gank anything that moved. APU = most I would lose is HL, anti-buff, maybe a poison-spell....dunno tho HL seems to be the most affective so I may just keep the HL and anti-buff on me.

And remember in this scenerio rare parts drop ALOT more often so if I do get ganked by a group of runners looking for me, oh well, log on one of my few other characters and rare hunt 4 a couple of days until I get another HL. then repeat. Tho a Capped 4 slotted Energy Beam is pretty damn effective and easier to replace. Hmmmmm.....

Shit, the more I think about it the better it sounds. Would be a good way to break the monotony that has become NC.

/edit My point is the item drop goes back almost to when I first started. No safeslot but if you get ganked comin out of a GR you could drag your prize weapon into your inventory and be safe. In this scenerio you have nothing to protect your items except a qb that can be takin and hacked later. So, essentially nothing.

And again I would only do this on a 4 character server and wouldn't logon all the time, just when bored and want to gank ppl and take their stuff:D

Cyphor
23-08-03, 06:18
What I do not understand, is why we need to add a feature like the first slot safe, when we know for sure that it will be unfair depending of the class you look at.

this is true but can be seen both ways, to take it away also hurts some classes, im not sure which i would prefer in this situation however i do think it should be one or the other...ie no safe slot OR pick up belts to hack later. Guaranteeing loss just doesnt seem right especially if its a rare youve had to get a few built to get good slots on, (or even worse loosing a 4 or 5 slot holy shelter or something...oh wait ppus can do that atm :p )
Either way shouldnt they prevent belt drops in huntingzones? How many times in chaos caves do team mates steal belts :( would be even worse if they didnt even have to be in team, looseing a rare to that would just kill some of the fun in the game.
On a plus side my hacker would love the changes :p And from the pking ppoint of view, a pk who steals lowbies stuff is just lame, however almost ever pk is killed eventually so they will loose thier stuff as well and if anything pks die alot more than most so this may put some of them off pking.

Cyphor
23-08-03, 06:32
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Tho a Capped 4 slotted Energy Beam is pretty damn effective and easier to replace. Hmmmmm.....

rofl, not without having a constant supply slot enhancers or millions of credits or a bank of thousands of parts

And remember in this scenerio rare parts drop ALOT more often so if I do get ganked by a group of runners looking for me, oh well, log on one of my few other characters and rare hunt 4 a couple of days until I get another HL. then repeat.

Sorry but the day you can get a constant supply of rares that quick is the day they might as well remove rares, cause lets look in the dictionarry at the definition of rares....

I would create an APU monkey (already have a mid level one) and would cap PSI then gank anything that moved.

apus pawn in combat but pks get ganged up on quick and a apu falls like a sack of shit when being attacked by multiple enemies, also if theres a ppu, dont think your anti buff will save you :p , it take 2 to take a ppu MIN and remember a ppu looking to kill a pk will have a buffed tank or apu with him.

oh well, log on one of my few other characters.

You think you can keep all their ids hidden, eventually someone will find out who your alts are then they gonna have BIG trouble hunting :D

The only pks who will be ok are say tanks who use a tpc or monks with energy beam etc with one or two slots. as they can be made easily, and as fun as some people might think it would be they will get bored of spending ages replacing their stuff all for 5 mins of killing noobs untill they are taken out by players their lvl or higher. Even if you do get good loot whats the chances of getting something u can use...

Disturbed021
23-08-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Cyphor
rofl, not without having a constant supply slot enhancers or millions of credits or a bank of thousands of parts

You think you can keep all their ids hidden, eventually someone will find out who your alts are then they gonna have BIG trouble hunting :D

Well I disagree with most of what u said but I'll just respond to this as this is such a hypothetical situation and ain't gonna happen neways.

As I have a Constructor, a resser, and a barter and I get extremely rich trying to get 4 slots on any weapon:p So keeping a 4 slot Energy Beam aint gonna be much of a problem for me. If it takes 3 days and 300 Energy Beams made, I get shitloads of $$ for me so no problem with me.

I think my IDs would be hidden for quite awhile if this did happen.
I'm antisocial so I rarely talk to ppl neways and most ppl don't even know who I am in game much less who my alts are. All my characters level and hunt for rares alone. Also, I wouldn't want ppl to know ingame that I am a bigtime ganker so I wouldn't log this character in all the time and gank for hours. Just when I am bored. And I wouldn't talk shit or brag, that just gives you an opportunity to be unaware or slip up and give info out that you dont want to.

If I'm an APU ganker of course I wouldn't take on a PPU + (insert class). What am I stupid?:D Wait don't answer that:p Gankers attack ppl when they are alone or multiple ppl coming out of a GR, etc...in otherwords situation that are hard to lose.

I remember back in the day on Saturn when H.A.T.E. was running around, you would hear over the Trade channels that they were spotted here, then there, then there, then there....sorry but If I were ganking ppl I would not want that much attention and would not be on long enough to be spotted in 4-5 different places every night, of course they had many many clans after them.
But those were fun times tbh.

Judge
23-08-03, 11:41
Sorry but the day you can get a constant supply of rares that quick is the day they might as well remove rares, cause lets look in the dictionarry at the definition of rares....

So you think that "rares" should be rare eh? That sort of thinking is what has ruined this game in the eyes of most old school PvPers. Where are "rares" called rares on the actual weapon or tech parts? Where? The "rare" tag is just a nickname that we the players have thought up. I would also very much like them to remove"rares".

Shit, the more I think about it the better it sounds. Would be a good way to break the monotony that has become NC.

Cha-Ching... Someone has fallen upon the reason. If you have the balls to go skits with your HL then feel free it would make the game more interesting than now.

Also to people who say that it would just be a gank fest..... Was it a gank fest at the beginning of retail? No. This is no different. A few people would have the balls to go round kicking the ass of everyone, if they have the skills then they will get alot of loot, if they don't they will be toast. But the fact is that the majority of people don't have the skills to be avoiding almost all of the server.

Cyphor
23-08-03, 17:40
As I have a Constructor, a resser, and a barter and I get extremely rich trying to get 4 slots on any weapon:p So keeping a 4 slot Energy Beam aint gonna be much of a problem for me. If it takes 3 days and 300 Energy Beams made, I get shitloads of $$ for me so no problem with me.
Fair enough, but 3 days to make up for 5 mins of "fun"...is it worth it?

I think my IDs would be hidden for quite awhile if this did happen.
I'm antisocial so I rarely talk to ppl neways and most ppl don't even know who I am in game much less who my alts are. All my characters level and hunt for rares alone. Also, I wouldn't want ppl to know ingame that I am a bigtime ganker so I wouldn't log this character in all the time and gank for hours. Just when I am bored. And I wouldn't talk shit or brag, that just gives you an opportunity to be unaware or slip up and give info out that you dont want to.
Ok mabey your right, most people though dont play a mmorpg 100% alone though. kinda defeats the purpose.

If I'm an APU ganker of course I wouldn't take on a PPU + (insert class). What am I stupid?:D Wait don't answer that:p Gankers attack ppl when they are alone or multiple ppl coming out of a GR, etc...in otherwords situation that are hard to lose.
lol your not the one attacking them. You will be KOS everywhere, at mb for example the moment your seen or you commit your first kill, faction chat will be spammed and you'll have everyone and their granny looking for you. < this in my oppinion is the fun of pking, the disruption one little spy, apu, pe, whatever can cause. Almost every pk dies as they dont leave till they do, its stealthing or zoneing up and down apts thats the fun seeing 10 people waiting just for you. Also as many of the best pks have said, you kill the noobs to get the bigger players to come out. The people who cant kill you wont have good loot. On a side not when you loose sl, where will you regain it? MB like most, dont think so...oh wait you can put a le in :( KK fix le'! just put a positive sl requirement on them :p

So you think that "rares" should be rare eh? That sort of thinking is what has ruined this game in the eyes of most old school PvPers. Where are "rares" called rares on the actual weapon or tech parts? Where? The "rare" tag is just a nickname that we the players have thought up. I would also very much like them to remove"rares".

I dont know how id prefer it. Im just saying they would no longer be rare. Atm they arent very rare, you can get them, you just cant get a constant supply, i think this is good. Rares are a fundamental part of a mmorpg, they give you something to aim for, and be proud of when you get them. Without them in some form this turns in to a mmofps with lvling, you want mmofps go play planetside, it'll get boring quick.
Read rare description, "this is a very unique rare item" or something along them lines, cant go in game to check atm.
Also you dont need rares to fight, blacksun, tpc, epr, energy beam, para beam, pb 20, oh wait melee, emm....baseball bat :D

Judge
23-08-03, 18:11
Read rare description, "this is a very unique rare item" or something along them lines, cant go in game to check atm.

That is only in there as fillers for the actual description which is in the german versions.

Cyphor
23-08-03, 18:39
That is only in there as fillers for the actual description which is in the german versions.

Yes although some dont have descriptions, and it is put in by kk implying they are ment to be rare.