PDA

View Full Version : PPU nerf threw the eyes of a ppu

viscious666
22-08-03, 15:48
STFU

sit down, take a mideol, call up your best buddy and talk about ur feelings. do you people enjoy to shoot yourself in the foot? i hope they do nerf the ppu monk so i have a reason to lomm apu, cause thats alot funner! i barly stop by the boards but i cant pass up this crazy talk of nerfing the ppu... i say they nerf every1 but the ppu, thats right. rawr.:o

Syntax-Error
22-08-03, 15:52
I agree as an Ex PPU (i just wasnt a PPU person) ive played both sides and if u nerf the PPu i KNOW people will start to bitch how hard the high end mobs have become extra. its just dumb to Nerf a class EVERYONE relies on atleast once.

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:01
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
I agree as an Ex PPU (i just wasnt a PPU person) ive played both sides and if u nerf the PPu i KNOW people will start to bitch how hard the high end mobs have become extra. its just dumb to Nerf a class EVERYONE relies on atleast once.

Um... notice how when KK reduced the effect of shelters they reduced the power of high level mobs slightly to compensate? Or how high level mobs used to be relatively fun to hunt until everybody was getting holy shields and holy heal so KK increased the power of the mobs.

You people seem to think a nerf is just a matter of people get bored, so they say nerf ppus, so KK makes ppus as useless as possible. That's just stupid. There are 2 options here:

1) Nerf parashocks. They aren't used for self defence as intended, they are only used in OP wars so that people with no skill can still hit their targets. This then has a snowball effect where the opposing team has to parashock to keep both sides level. Result? People get parashocked left right and centre, and PvP becomes a terribly boring resist test. Nerf or even better remove parashocks and PvP will become much more fun. There is also the fact that ppus will become a little harder to kill. And you can't exactly complain about that.

2) Slightly reduce ppu defence, most probably the holy heal. As we all know, if you don't have an apu you can't kill a ppu. And usually you need a ppu of your own to damage boost and parashock as well (though it's the damage boost that's important, since an apu can usually still hit without the parashock). You can have all the tanks in your faction shooting a ppu and he'll just outheal them. Therefore a small hit to holy heal of maybe 25%, and a hit of 15% to blessed heal, will make ppus at least killable. No class should be 100% immune to attacks, especially when they can then take that a step further and use a TAR or an Uzi to beat any other class in 1v1.

The choice is yours.

Syntax-Error
22-08-03, 16:25
I agree. in way that PPU can be too strong. how about reducing the PPU on themselves only. i would hate to see the defence on others drop. also. i still find TL 3 heal to work well on the PPU. and you may say its an "exploit" but i really dont see it. its not a bug in the game. its not a glich your maniplating. sure its a dirty trick but hell in a fight there is a winner and a loser. and ill do anything i can to ensure i aint that loser.

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:33
Yeah, I find the only way for me to beat a ppu is to tl3 heal him these days. Too bad the apu's version of it takes 3 seconds to cast, drains all his mana and doesn't stop him recasting. :rolleyes:

And it's not an option for PEs either. A fully capped tl3 heal in combination with ppu selfcasted shields tends to outheal the damage a PE can do.

I would prefer it if tl3 healing was impossible but holy heal was nerfed. I don't think I should be forced into a dodgy area just to achieve some sense of balance.

I know what you're saying about healing others, but all KK would need to do is tone down the mobs a little again to make up for it. Any mob that a ppu can outheal now they should still be able to outheal after the changes, but they shouldn't be able to outheal a CS/Lib/Pain Easer with all shots hitting. Sorta like if there's only one person shooting the ppu without a damage boost then the ppu will be only just behind him with his healing, but get a damage boost on and one or two more people in and the ppu will have to think fast to stay alive. Ppus CERTAINLY should not be able to ressurect someone while under fire from 3+ people.

garyu69
22-08-03, 16:36
Originally posted by Scikar
1) Nerf parashocks. They aren't used for self defence as intended, they are only used in OP wars so that people with no skill can still hit their targets. This then has a snowball effect where the opposing team has to parashock to keep both sides level. Result? People get parashocked left right and centre, and PvP becomes a terribly boring resist test. Nerf or even better remove parashocks and PvP will become much more fun. There is also the fact that ppus will become a little harder to kill. And you can't exactly complain about that. I like. :)

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 17:16
Um... notice how when KK reduced the effect of shelters they reduced the power of high level mobs slightly to compensate? Or how high level mobs used to be relatively fun to hunt until everybody was getting holy shields and holy heal so KK increased the power of the mobs.

You people seem to think a nerf is just a matter of people get bored, so they say nerf ppus, so KK makes ppus as useless as possible. That's just stupid. There are 2 options here:

1) Nerf parashocks. They aren't used for self defence as intended, they are only used in OP wars so that people with no skill can still hit their targets. This then has a snowball effect where the opposing team has to parashock to keep both sides level. Result? People get parashocked left right and centre, and PvP becomes a terribly boring resist test. Nerf or even better remove parashocks and PvP will become much more fun. There is also the fact that ppus will become a little harder to kill. And you can't exactly complain about that.

2) Slightly reduce ppu defence, most probably the holy heal. As we all know, if you don't have an apu you can't kill a ppu. And usually you need a ppu of your own to damage boost and parashock as well (though it's the damage boost that's important, since an apu can usually still hit without the parashock). You can have all the tanks in your faction shooting a ppu and he'll just outheal them. Therefore a small hit to holy heal of maybe 25%, and a hit of 15% to blessed heal, will make ppus at least killable. No class should be 100% immune to attacks, especially when they can then take that a step further and use a TAR or an Uzi to beat any other class in 1v1.

The choice is yours.

For you fix number one, I 100% agree with you. They need to nerf the parashock spell, or get rid of it. Make the range much much lower, and quadruple the mana cost.

For your fix number two, I 100% disagree. A PPU should be able to outheal all of that damage, on the constant "we can't kill a PPU with 10 tanks shooting at him/her" Yes you can...you just need to know how to do it. As far as the 1vs1 argument, if they removed parashocks then you would be able to run from a PPU weilding a low level gun.

Owe, btw, if they nerf the PPUs any more than they already have, you're not going to have any left. Currently, we are killable by one APU and one PPU....sorry mate, I haven't spent months of leveling, and given up the ability to kill for low end defence, and midrange heals.

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:21
I know it's possible to kill a ppu using things like tl3 heal but I'd rather not have to resort to things like that.

Though I would prefer the parashock nerf over the heal nerf any day. If parashocks were nerfed then I wouldn't mind not being able to kill the ppu because at least I could run away from him if he got backup. However parashocks are the biggest reason why people don't like ppus, and the second biggest is that they are hard to kill. If they couldn't parashock then they wouldn't be so hated and people wouldn't mind them being a little difficult to kill.

Kendo Averly
22-08-03, 17:22
As we all know, if you don't have an apu you can't kill a ppu

Piercing's a killer mind.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:24
Piercing does nothing to a good ppu.

JustIn_Case
22-08-03, 17:25
Well a tip for all the "only APU can kill an PPU whiners"

The TL-3 heal trick...it works for low level Deflectors to...

/Edit
I agree that the parashock spoils PvP, there are anti shock drugs, but the parashock can be spammed, so make parashocks eat more mana, like 100 mana.
\Edit.

Nasher
22-08-03, 17:30
lol PPUs are so overpowered its funny :p

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:31
Is sad that a TL-3 heal works better than the specifically designed tool to tear down shields.

Is pathetic to see that excuse, and trying to make it an argument as ppu's are killable, you can TL-3 heal them and cast deflector... well, you know what, my apu cant cast any of both, and seems they are more effective than my holy antibuff, an specific role for my class.

Holy antibuff results in a sneak attack; I have to cast it from range, or the ppu will notice and recast shields in no time, plus I am a big white ball target to spam paralysis and dmg boost on me.

TL-3 heal and deflector results in a prevention measure, once they are casted, the ppu cannot recast heal or deflector. Sad.

I trade any ppu skill to be viable in that role.

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:32
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Well a tip for all the "only APU can kill an PPU whiners"

The TL-3 heal trick...it works for low level Deflectors to...

/Edit
I agree that the parashock spoils PvP, there are anti shock drugs, but the parashock can be spammed, so make parashocks eat more mana, like 100 mana.
\Edit.

The good ppus recast their shields just as they run out. It's impossible to get a tl3 deflector on unless either you're really really lucky or the ppu sucks.

Anyway I had a better idea for parashocks. All we do is we change them so they're all barrels. Remove most of them, so you get a few barrels as you level up, and Holy Para is basically like Pestilence, high mana cost, low RoF and range, and it's a barrel. Then you change it so it does no damage but applies the stun effect at the same rate as stun traps (i.e. constantly) but the effect wears off every 0.25 seconds. So if you're in the barrel, you get frozen, if you're out, you can run again. That would be perfectly acceptable in my opinion, and it doesn't completely remove parashocks. How about that?

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 17:42
I know it's possible to kill a ppu using things like tl3 heal but I'd rather not have to resort to things like that.

Though I would prefer the parashock nerf over the heal nerf any day. If parashocks were nerfed then I wouldn't mind not being able to kill the ppu because at least I could run away from him if he got backup. However parashocks are the biggest reason why people don't like ppus, and the second biggest is that they are hard to kill. If they couldn't parashock then they wouldn't be so hated and people wouldn't mind them being a little difficult to kill.

Heh...you would wrather not use tactics that are smart? You would wrather not have to aim with a TL 3 heal? 3 tanks could easily kill a PPU if they were good. (yes I've done it...and to one of the best PPUs [imo] in the game). Honestly, I think that holy antibuff should be toned down QUITE a bit. The ROF should be more than doubled, and the range cut in half.

PPUs have been assraped by all of the changes recently....it makes them even harder to play, and even less rewarding. Seriously, at present, what is the reason to play a PPU??? You are easily killed by an APU who I might add you can't do any damage to.....you are easily killed by a smart PPU and a small team.....the ROF on holy rezz has been nerfed....we little money, and no rares....it takes us 10 times longer to lvl....and last but not least people can kill us wtf!!

As an almost capped PPU parashocks should be removed completely from the game, but something even better should be added. Something that stops people from being able to take potshots at us without fear of reprocusion. For those of you crying for yet another devistating nerf.......Don't nerf us again, just completly remove us from the game.

Lord Mansion
22-08-03, 17:45
Either remove Holy Paralysis and give us a suitable replacement (stealth) or increase the mana costs.

Some of you guys want to change the PPU into an "easy to kill target", those people obviously still don't understand what a PPU is for. (and probably never will.)

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:47
Well exactly, I'd much rather stick with a parashock change. Such as turning them into stun trap barrels. You could still drop one and run, it would slow people down while you leg it. And the range is low which means you will survive better than you do now, because currently you'd get shocked as you ran away, but with a barrel you drop a barrel and run, the enemies get slowed down by it, but they can't shock you as you run away.

That's what I don't get, in threads like these all the ppus say they don't mind sacrificing parashocks, then you bring up a nerf parashocks thread and they all start whining and nothing happens.

EDIT: The only reason I don't like using tl3 heal is that it has a faint twinge of 'exploit.' I'm just scared that I'll use it, kill a few ppus, then the next thing I know they report me and I get banned.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:50
An apu can kill a ppu? probably inverse.

More times I'm seeing sweet combos of two ppu's taking down a tank, an apu or any other class, one with holy paralysis mega spamming, and the other with... holy parashock bolt? Guess who has to run away or die.

Unless the ppu is a dumbass, and dont know how to play its class, I hardly see anyone killing a ppu alone. With many many luck, you can snipe holy antubuff into a distracted ppu who is not paying attention to his health. But if a player is not watching his health outside safezones, he is not a good player.

Imagine I go around with my apu without watching if someone is sniping me.

And ghandi, I hate to be sarcastic but.. what's the reason of being a ppu? yeah what is it eh, they are useless, no one needs them right?

Kendo Averly
22-08-03, 17:51
The good ppus recast their shields just as they run out. It's impossible to get a tl3 deflector on unless either you're really really lucky or the ppu sucks.

Sanctums maybe.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 17:54
I recall an interview with KK saying that monks would have some invisibility spell... that would have been a better solution for ppu's.

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:57
Originally posted by Sleawer
I recall an interview with KK saying that monks would have some invisibility spell... that would have been a better solution for ppu's.

There's even a graphic for it.

Lord Mansion
22-08-03, 17:59
Sleawer,

Why MUST it be absolutely possible to kill a PPU monk alone?

With regards to the spamming of Holy Paralysis, a solution has already been presented by multiple people.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 18:02
No I havent said it must be possible, I replied the statement of an apu killing a ppu of ghandisfury. I refrain to post radical suggestions to change ppu's, since it always turns into flame-fest, so you will find all my arguments in this subject having a flattening logic.

A rule that I broke mentioning the old interview with KK btw. See what happens when one reads a thread carefully? ;)

Scikar
22-08-03, 18:03
Originally posted by Lord Mansion
Sleawer,

Why MUST it be absolutely possible to kill a PPU monk alone?

With regards to the spamming of Holy Paralysis, a solution has already been presented by multiple people.

Yes but the solution is often flamed by ppus. Some agree but not all. And it doesn't account for the parashock, damage boost then assrape with TAR. It might not work against a tank or a PE, but a ppu can easily take out an apu monk this way. That's why it must be possible to kill a ppu monk alone, because it is possible for a ppu to kill anyone else alone. They can even use SoulClusters. With a holy paralysis on there's no way anyone is running away from the fight, and even if you nerf RoF and mana cost of holy para it will still shock the target while you shoot them with TAR or use SoulCluster.

bounty
22-08-03, 18:07
A ppu should be really really close to invinsible imo, that's the payoff for not being able to kill anyone. The problem is how this invinsibility is being in my opinion "misused." Mainly having to do with holy ressurection. Taking on Lots of fire and still being able to resserect multiple targets is just not how i think it should be. As a droner i often take down a few tanks but its worthless if they have a ppu coming up behind them. The ppu just takes as many hits from my PN as it wants while it ressurects the tanks and they all continue on their way like nothing happened.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 18:09
And ghandi, I hate to be sarcastic but.. what's the reason of being a ppu? yeah what is it eh, they are useless, no one needs them right?

#1 PPU is the hardest (by far) class in the game to play.
#2 PPU takes 10 times longer to lvl.
#3 PPU has very little ability to kill (unless it's a non-stealthing spy or an APU 1vs1).
#4 PPU has no ability to kill high end mobs solo.
#5 PPU has to carry around at least 20 spells that cost at least 50k.
#6 For reasons #4 and #5 PPU's are always broke.

And all of this for.......being able to rezz in an OP battle, and giving an advantage in a fight void of PPUs or APU on the opposing side. So ya....like I said the disadvantages FAR outway the advantages.

Everybody wants us around for PvM, but once it gets to PvP all I hear is nerf the PPUs!!!

Scikar
22-08-03, 18:17
Originally posted by ghandisfury
#1 PPU is the hardest (by far) class in the game to play.
#2 PPU takes 10 times longer to lvl.
#3 PPU has very little ability to kill (unless it's a non-stealthing spy or an APU 1vs1).
#4 PPU has no ability to kill high end mobs solo.
#5 PPU has to carry around at least 20 spells that cost at least 50k.
#6 For reasons #4 and #5 PPU's are always broke.

Nope. Ppus don't die. Try playing a pistol spy.

Don't exaggerate.

A ppu using a TAR can also kill a tank or a PE, all it takes is damage boost and parashock, and he's not going anywhere while you shoot him. And with True Sight you can do the same to spies.

There are still SoulClusters. And just because you can't solo a Grim Chaser quickly means nothing, it's not exactly a breeze for any class unless they have a ppu with them. But when you've got an apu teaming with you you can kill anything, right? Your class is designed entirely around supporting other players. If you want to change that, be my guest. But if you don't like the idea of being unable to kill anything, don't play a ppu.

Again, don't exaggerate. You don't need 20 spells.

If you are broke, you're levelling with the wrong people. The ppus I know tell me they make millions easy by levelling with people in the Chaos Caves, that money isn't a problem. And the ones that do find cash a problem, I tip because I appreciate their help.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 18:21
All your reasons ghandi are showing the disadvantages that every class, in its own field, has just for belonging to an specific archtype.

There are plenty of reasons to being a ppu, like is holding the key to hunt in most high lvl places, being able to turn a battle like no other class can do, like holding the role of the best defence and best defence boosting in the game, probably the most important role in "any" game.

I can tell you much more than 6 disadvantages for each class, and just to enlighten you a bit, one of those disadvantages is the same for every class, the total dependancy of ppu's for doing high lvl tasks.

The advantages of ppu's right now, outway the disadvatanges by very far. Example of this is the huge ammount of ppu's in the game, the constant threads regarding ppu's, and of course the awesome dependancy of having one in your team.

- The hardest class to play in the game? that's a disadvantage? in what way it is.
- 10 times longer to lvl? My apu never has been needed to hunt in the best spots for leveling, whereas a ppu is. It can take more overall time, but a ppu has much more chances to find a team, or to be precise, the teams are formed around ppu's.
- PPU's has very little hability to kill, however it can kill, and not only that, he cannot be killed by normal means... that's not a disadvantage, it is called a drawback for holding the opposite role.
- PPU's cant kill high end mobs solo, but in most situations are needed for that. You cannot have the best of both parts, it is again a drawback.
- PPU's carry expensive stuff, yes it is a disadvantage, however they have the less chances to die and drop one.
- Your reason 6 just repeats the same as 4 and 5, already replied and discussed.

PPU's dont have more disadvantages than any other class in their own field. Is only up to you to post here just the negative aspects, or to rest importance to your great advantages.

If you dont like the ppu role, I suggest you to play any of your other chars.

bounty
22-08-03, 18:27
I level in Chaos Caves all the time as a ppu. Yeah you can make some decent money in there. Millions easy, however, is the biggest exaggeration on this thread so far. ANd yeah, you do need about 20 spells, if you want to play your class correctly.

holy heal
holy shelter
holy deflector
holy paralysis/parabeam
holy heal sanctum
holy heal group
holy group shelter
holy group deflector
holy Catharsis
holy catharsis sanctum
holy true sight sanctum
holy ressurection
holy psi sheild
haz 3
heat 3
const 3
support 3
spy 3
psi 3
HC 3
PC 3
RC 3
(there are about 5 more of these that could potentially be boughten depending on who you are playing with, but i personally don't have them or carry them on me)
I also carry for certain mobs
holy distract and holy provoke.

All of those are 50k a pop except a few that are rares which are easily a million +

Scikar
22-08-03, 18:32
All the ppus I know don't carry all those spells around with them. And I hardly ever see one using Catharsis because the mana cost is so high, they prefer to just heal and let me sit there. And that's ppus from Saturn to Pluto. I've also never seen one who uses Psi Shield because it drains the mana which means no heal. But I've never met a ppu yet (and I've teamed with a lot) who carries all of the level 3 buffs. They all prefer to just take a psi 3, hc3 and either haz or heat depending on where they're hunting. Getting a rc or pc boost is damn rare these days. Another one is heal group, and group shields, they're not too common either.

Carinth
22-08-03, 18:38
I was a ppu monk when they first created the subclass in patch 160. Back then ppu's were extremely weak, though granted I wasn't capped and didn't have the best setup. Yet even if i was setup better and capped, I would have still be infinitly weaker then I am now. Soul Clusters didn't exist back then, and our shelter/deflectors were vastly weaker. I was afraid of TGC's, one Tank could do a lot of damage to me. I used shock all the time to keep people away from me. That's all pvp ended up being for me, runnin away. Make a mad dash through pepper park zapping people along the way and hoping they dont shock me. Sounds like fun eh? Damn they caught me, I'm dead! The only time I was able to enjoy pvp was in op wars, then I could count on my enemies being distracted by a friendly tank. I could run away from people shooting me and then return to heal/boost my tank and weaken the enemies. I agree ppu's shouldn't be able to kill people but they shouldn't be helpless either. There should be some deterrant from attacking an enemy ppu. If I'm made killable again then op wars will be lost for me. The fight will start with EVERYONE KILL THE PPU, he falls down fast and then you have the real fight.. excluding me. If you remove shock, then fast players will win every time. That includes ppu monks who skill all agility, so ppu's will just run off when their team dies.

There have been some interesting ideas suggested to redirect how a ppu works to something more sensible. Not simply reducing the ppu! For example a Defensive Soul Cluster, which shoots anyone who attacks the ppu monk. This would deter the stupid 1 or 2 runners who attack me thinking they can kill me. If you want to take down a ppu, you need a team. Maybe even better instead of shooting, it could shock people who attack me. That way it's not lethal at all, just a detterant. If you're going to make ppu's killable then introduce team abilities to protect your ppu monk. It would be interesting to see Tanks fufiling this job, using some sort of redirect ability. So you shoot the ppu and the Tank takes most of the damage. Maybe give spies the ability to extend their cloak to a ppu monk to hide him.

Ideas like this would need to be extensively thought out and tested, but would make the game more fun for everyone. Instead of making ignorant statements like remove parashock! Weaken ppu's defenses! Players should not suffer so other players can enjoy their game better. Thats what happened to the hybrids, everyone got mad at how powerful they were so they got the shaft. If instead KK had listened to those trying to be constructive instead of the blind nerfers... I wish..

Archeus
22-08-03, 18:40
Nope. Ppus don't die.]

Could of sworn I died this morning. Must of been a dream.

I carry around with me about 17 Spells, and before you ask yes I do use all of them. At most over 20 spells. The list is below.

#1 (always)
Holy Soul Cluster
Holy Heal
Holy Heal Sanctum
Holy Damage Boost
Soul Cluster
Holy Deflector
Holy Shield

#2 (swapped out from backpack)
Spy Booster 3
Melee Combat Booster 3
Hazard Resist Booster 3
Basic Resist 3
PSI booster 3
Ressurect Spell
Construct Booster 3
Support Booster 3
Holy Antidote
Fire Resist 3

#3 (one or more carried in special cirumstances. eg levelling/missions)
Group Shield
Group Deflector
Holy Distract Monster
Holy Damage boost sanctum.
Rifle Booster 3
Pistol Booster 3
Heavy Combat Booster 3
Parashock

Everytime I die I loose one (or amor :mad: or worse the glove). If I'm in a serious firefight I can loose a whole load of these sometimes. About 40-50k a pop. Or something else expensive. So yes it is very costly to be a PPU until you are an extremly high level.

The ppus I know tell me they make millions easy by levelling with people in the Chaos Caves, that money isn't a problem.

Where? How? o_O Are they levelling 24/7 or something because you don't make millions in CRP. You make good XP (except INT) when in a group but the money made from keeping people alive gets fed back into making PSI boosters (as nothing to recycle in CRP).

Seriously if they are making millions in CRP please tell me how. The only money I make is from Taxi'ing and Barter. PSI rarely makes cash.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 18:44
@Bounty

Besides it is an irrelevant part to what I was pointing to, you have forgotten damage boost, and put the psi shield totally useless spell, holy catharsis (not sanctum), even more useless.. and holy provoke?. At least true sight has any use.

The trade of money that a ppu pays for his spells, compared with the inmense role it holds, means nothing. Sorry but it is.

I dont know you, but our ppu's use a barterer to buy the spells, and our own researcher/constructor to build them.

Now I ask you, seeing those complains about the great ammount of money to spend and spells to carry.

Would you give away to other class a single spell or role of those which you complain of now? would you give to the spy the parashock, to the apu the damage boost, to each class, pistolers p-c3, riflers r-c3, constructors cst3, etc.. so you dont have to boost anyone else, so you dont have to buy those spells? would you keep for your class just the shields and heals?

Would you even give away ANY role of those which you are complaining now?

Archeus
22-08-03, 18:53
Besides it is an irrelevant part to what I was pointing to, you have forgotten damage boost, and put the psi shield totally useless spell, holy catharsis (not sanctum), even more useless.. and holy provoke?. At least true sight has any use.

Damage boost is there.

PSI Shield I don't use (sorry other shield).

The other ones you mention are not useless. Holy Provoke is great when your levelling up low level players and you want the monster to draw it's attention to you rather then ganking the lowbies. Likewise with distract. Very handy.

And remember, I am far from being a capped PPU so I can't use rare spells yet (and if I could I can't afford to get them).

I rarely use parashock if ever. I would like to see it changed so that it acted like a shield, that when someone attacks the PPU the shield attacks them with a parashock.

It would be passive that way.

I would also agree to the passive Soul Cluster providing the the SC actually opened a can of whoopass on the person who attacked me and didn't just wander waiting to be commanded.

would you keep for your class just the shields and heals?

Would you even give away ANY role of those which you are complaining now?

No. Who is complaining? I prefer playing support role. It is a different kind of combat that not everyone is suited for.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 18:55
You posted while I was writting my post, let me edit and tweak it so you can edit your post.

Also holy provoke is useless, I preffer mobs hitting the newb char and exping his cons, you always can heal and rezz him.

Edit: That happens Archeus because I dont like to quote people, the thread wasnt directed for you but for bounty. You have made a much more reasonable variety of spells, tho you complained about them being too expensive.

I think was this post the one that zanzan started, if that's it, then he stated the problem even before having one single reply. If ppu's dissapear, many classes will be in trouble; and that is only because PPU's hold too many roles. Even some of you complain about having too many different spells and spending too much money, as has been shown in this thread... that is what should change in my opinion. And breaking my rule again btw, I hate to suggest because everyone has to flame the suggestions.

ok, was the other thread, hard to keep track of two threads with the same subject.

Archeus
22-08-03, 18:57
Also holy provoke is useless, I preffer mobs hitting the newb char and exping his cons, you always can heal and rezz him.

Not when the mob can kill them in 1-2 shots it is far from useless. Plus with that and distract monster you can use it to herd a group of monsters away from an area.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 19:02
If the mob can kill them in two shots, holy provoke is totally useless, because you need to keep them shielded and healed. Also new chars get better exp lvling in grounds with mobs of a reasonable rank from them. This is a fact.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 19:09
Nope. Ppus don't die. Try playing a pistol spy.

Don't exaggerate.

A ppu using a TAR can also kill a tank or a PE, all it takes is damage boost and parashock, and he's not going anywhere while you shoot him. And with True Sight you can do the same to spies.

There are still SoulClusters. And just because you can't solo a Grim Chaser quickly means nothing, it's not exactly a breeze for any class unless they have a ppu with them. But when you've got an apu teaming with you you can kill anything, right? Your class is designed entirely around supporting other players. If you want to change that, be my guest. But if you don't like the idea of being unable to kill anything, don't play a ppu.

If you are broke, you're levelling with the wrong people. The ppus I know tell me they make millions easy by levelling with people in the Chaos Caves, that money isn't a problem. And the ones that do find cash a problem, I tip because I appreciate their help.
Don't exagerate??? I carry easily 20 spells, just a few more than arc. I'm love the idea of playing a PPU, and not being able to kill anything....fine by me, but the reward for that should be multiple players having a very hard time killing me. You don't seem to think this way. You're thoughts are, a PPU should not be able to kill, and should be easily killed by two or three tanks.

As far as being broke, yes I'm broke all of the time....who ever is doing their hunting in CRP and making "millions" must be hunting 24/7, because going with 3 or four people, i'm lucky to walk out of there with more than 50k per run.

Yes, PPU can kill a tank with a TAR......but most importantly...with parashock. Without this game-killing spell, a PPU would be hard pressed to kill anybody. I'm not disputing the fact that parashock needs to be removed from the game, but the "choices" you given are selfish, and obtuse. Remove parashock, but give us PPUs something for means of retaliation against runners that are attacking.

Archeus
22-08-03, 19:11
*shrug* I've powerlevelled newbies putting them up against levels 30-50 levels above them using the spells.

I don't think they are useless at all. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Yea no worries on your edit up above. :)

Spells are expensive though. You notice it more when you don't make much money.

I mean I have no rares (except PSI PA) and I don't know any other class that carries around that much expensive items going into battle.

I am not sure where you say we are complaining though. Yes I carry around a lot of spells and yes they are expensive.. Please find one thread/post where I said "Make spells cheaper".

You will find a thread where I suggested setting up a PSI belt for spells only (seeing as we still drop more expensive stuff then anyone else, it would not be that big a deal).

Sleawer
22-08-03, 19:28
There was a simple solution suggested regarding ppu spells, and it was raising the quality caps in ppu spells, so a ppu wouldnt need to spend lot's of time and money in constructing slotted spells to reach his best effectivity.

And surely we can disagree in the use of spells; I see it useless, but you found a way to use it effectively according to your gameplay, which is perfect. Many people says True Sight is an useless spell (I used to say that), and lately I have found very neat uses for it.

To me a 0/10 character exping in chaos caves is pointless, simply the mobs outrank him too much to deal enought damage to gain experience. His place is with mutants at Outzone or aggies, with mobs from 27/27 to 50/50*. Once he reach enought rank, about 30, a good place are swamp caves (with a ppu is awesome because the damage is nullified), and finally chaos caves, because you find bigger teams and it is an amazing place to lvl up constitution with a ppu.

In these places I never seen a ppu using holy provoke, we want the ppu alive, without getting shot, and only busy healing/buffing people. This is my game style, but your can be completely different, and it's ok always you have fun with it.

To get rares, and this is the part that I see as a true disadvantage (epic missions aswell), you need a trusted buddy who share them, or you wont get a shit. I hope you get one.

btw, I noticed you didnt quote me this time, I really appreciatte it, dont know why, but I got some revulsion to quotes, no offence intended.

Archeus
22-08-03, 19:32
What makes you think I level in CRP with newbies?

Bring a few of them to Gab mine let them knaw on a dinos ankle while healing and provoking and they get good XP.

There was a simple solution suggested regarding ppu spells, and it was raising the quality caps in ppu spells, so a ppu wouldnt need to spend lot's of time and money in constructing slotted spells to reach his best effectivity.

:lol:

I really wish I had constructed spells. But can't even afford that. The only spell I have constructed is my holy heal (got as a present), everything else is store bought.

Original monk
22-08-03, 19:33
so theres again such a thread ? im getting depressed here

stop stinking start thinking and leave that ppu's alone please (greenpeace TM)

Sleawer
22-08-03, 19:39
It was an example, usually dinos do not kill newb chars in 1 or 2 shots as you said (if you mean horrors, it is the same as chaos caves). So this leaves me with chaos caves, unless you just said it for the mere fact of saying something.

If you do not have constructed spells, that's something you must change; instead exping with newbs at gabanium, go to chaos caves, swamps, graves and look for teams, because you will need spells constructed.

Or you can wait to cap, and construct your high end spells, but eventually you will need to do it.

Scikar
22-08-03, 20:19
Remove parashock, but give us PPUs something for means of retaliation against runners that are attacking.

Well that's the whole point, isn't it? The fact that these runners attacking you can't kill you is irrelevant, you have to have some way of killing them. Fair enough, you want o b able to run away etc, well I keep posting this idea about making parashocks into barrels and explaining how you't be able to run away using it and can even still use it offensively just people can still run away. But I get no feedback at all which suggests to me that most ppus actually want to just keep their holy paralysis. Which isn't fair, as you admit.

Carinth
22-08-03, 20:22
I'm sorry but the negatives do outweigh the positives to being a ppu. There are more apu's then ppu's, I think that says something.

Lets see what I can recall for negatives:

1) I carry over 30 spells on me because I'm a team ppu and I hafta be ready for any given situation. I can't predict who will be in my team and I don't have room in my gogo to store all these spells when I don't need them. Four of these spells are rares, Thirteen of these spells are store bought only (non researchable), the rest are slotted spells each with 2+ slots.

2) PPU Monks are the poorest players until they finnaly cap and don't hafta buy any new spells. Only then can they start to earn money and save it. Yet even then if they die and lose a multislotted spell, they hafta get it rebuilt which is expensive. Personaly my bank account is a blackhole, I can't hold onto money at all because of my expenses. Spending days in the chaos caves to recoup my loses is my only source of income.

3) When we die we will drop our spells. When I drop my booster3's I'm happy. I can easily spend 50k and buy a new one. When I drop my multislotted spells, I cry. Now I hafta get another 50 bps made and get 50 new spells built and hope I manage to get a good number of slots. One death can mean an entire day ruined.

4) A good ppu monk has to be anal about their inventory, keeping everything in exactly the same place. Then during combat you can hit tab and swap a needed spell to belt without having to scroll through your inventory to find the spell. I have my inventory so memorized I can close my eyes and see pretty much where every spell would be. When you die... your inventory is randomized. This is probably the thing I hate most in Neocron, I often log off after I die just because I don't want to deal with reorganizing my inventory.

5) I timed it once and it took me a good 10-15 minutes to recover from death. That's with a poker readily available, I still hafta organize my inventory, then drug up to put my armor on then wait for drug flash because I can't fight until that's gone.

6) PPU's are the only class that is not rewarded for what they do. We gain exp only by mooching off other people in a team. So they hafta be within rank range for us to share. Why wouldn't I get exp for protecting a noob while he hunts? Should we not be encouraged to help others level? People ask me to go hunting all the time, I look at their rank and say no. I gain nothing, I spend boosters.

7) As a ppu monk your life is not your own. Everybody needs you! Car, lets do MC5. Car, lets do graves. Car, lets take an op. Car, help me level in aggies. Car, help me level my con. Car, lets go kill warbots. Car, hostiles in pp1 lets go! People complain about not having anything to do, but for me its often nice to have time to myself! Where I can just hang out and chat. Soon enough though someone else needs my help.

8) PPU Monks are so friggin vital to pvp that the fight ends up being entirely determined by us. If we win it was because I did my job right, if we lose it was because I messed up. Do you have any idea the amount of pressure that puts on us? I feel like shit when I die, car fucked up yet again, now we lose.

9) Even though we are passive, the game requires us to be aggressive. Killing for epics/missions is retarded. Missions are needed for SL/Sympathy, yet there are only two kinds I can do. Either research or killing. Neither of these are passive!!!! If my sympathy is too low then I hafta kill employees. For epics I'm expected to pk hostile runners.

10) Buffs go down at the worst times, and often are aided by bugs in the game. For instance sometimes buffs drop almost immediatly after being casted. Cast haz3.. and haz3 is already going down. Sometimes spells refuse to cast, they take psi away, do the animation, but refuse to appear as a buff. Only solution is to switch to another spell and then back. Sometimes due to client/server lag buffs are not present to you, yet they are actualy active. Sometimes after impair from gr/death you are unable to use spells even though you meat the reqs, hafta go zone.

11) Lower level/unwanted spells prevent you from using your own spells. Shelter/Deflector Sanctum are purely evil in this regards. With this up noone in the area can be properly sheltered/deflectord. Also of course there is using Basic Heal/Shelter/Deflector to prevent a ppu from usin theirs.

12) The amount of aiming required to be a good ppu is phenominal. To sucessfuly target a friendly blue pa tank and heal him while he is strafing around a enemy blue pa tank is harder then targeting a dragonfly.

13) We have a pitiful 10 slots available in our belt when we use well over 20 spells. Having to swap spells is a royal pain.

14) Each friendly typicly expects 2-3 boosters and then shelter/deflector. For your average team thats a hell of a lot of psi spent just buffing your team.. more psi boosters lost. Even worse they often demand this during combat! Let me swap out 3 spells just for you buddy!

15) AntiBuff is totaly cruel, while trying to help our team suddenly shelter and deflector vanish. Looking around the apu could be up to 200m away! While a way to kill ppu's should exist, this is just mean. With no warning our defenses vanish and we're immediatly taking mega damage.

16) You can consider Damage to be the primary reward for specializing in something. For ppu's speccing in ppu gives us the highest boost in Damage on our spells. Yet.. Damage only seems to matter on heals and shocks. For deflector/shelter it only matters up to 350 or so. Likewise Damage boost seems to weaken the target most with less then capped damage, but not too much less. So we don't really get much of a reward for specializing... The only thing that matters to a ppu is speed. A good ppu has all int in psu and all dex in agil.

17) The number of things we hafta keep track of during combat would give your average player a nervous breakdown. Your health/buffs, Team health/buffs, Enemy shock/boost, Hostile apu's presence, Your buffs vanishing, dead friendlies, etc. The very best ppu's are ones that can calmly keep track of all of this.

18) To stay happy as a ppu, you must transfer enjoyment of killing to enjoyment of staying alive. It's difficult to do since everyone else can take pleasure in both. When a Tank tickles me with his TGC or I lead 5+ people on a chase around an op and safely gr out, those are the things I can take pride in.

19) Say goodbye to solo, though it is possible to a limited extent, ppu's are meant to always have someone else around.

20) The only spell we can runcast is shock, at best we can walkcast some others like heal.

I'm drawin a blank for more, but I know there are plenty of other negatives.

JediMasta
22-08-03, 20:31
I dont have a problem with ppu monks and their defences.

What i DO have a problem with is the fact that a ppu recently killed me with an assault rifle while my pain easer did like 17 dmg to him.

PPu's should have no offence.

Sleawer
22-08-03, 20:47
Carinth, I am not going to reply your 20 HUGE points. I read them all, several times, and I agree in some points, but overall is the same, you come and post here the disadvantages, but every one of those points have a counter point and a reason for its existence, sometimes unfair towards the ppu, and sometimes towards the rest of the community in favour to the ppu.

You conveniently ornited them all, at the moment I have been 3 hours in the forums, and dont feel strong enought to reply all your points. Probably after a while, when I have played, I will reply you with the same big post.

Althought your negatives are rounding the same as everyone is saying here, nothing new. So I ask you again, now you complain about the lack of room and the huge pressure for your INMENSE importance in every aspect in the game, which is reprensented in your spells, because your roles cannot be done by words or just looking at the air.

Would you give away ANY single spell, result of those roles, to any other classes?

This is the reason for the complains of people, and you know that, lately this is even PPU's complain.. everyone need you, and while others see it as an advantage and an unbalance, you see it as a great disadvantage, as you posted in your point number 7 (specially this one).

As long as I write this post, I am more sure that I will reply you point by point, but in a different way than anyone can expect. Now I want to know why do PPU's see disadvantages where others see advantanges and unbalance.. and I'm afraid I know the answer.

Slowly the ppu's are in a process of dislike their role more and more; judging your words and what you see as a negative, I have serious doubts whether if you like to be a ppu or not. That's the role defined by KK, now you, community of ppu's, do not complain about the features of the game specially, but about the own role that KK has designed for you. Specially in the points 1, 7, 8, 13, 14, 17 and 19.
In these points you are saying the same as people who wants ppu's nerfed, and by the same reason of them; your class holds too many roles. To be honest, the ppu class should split into two classes, or to be more correct, the monk class should have THREE different archtypes, not only two.

I see a very deep unbalance in that class, it has to be changed, the very skill system needs to change, with the current roles of monks.

ncadict
22-08-03, 20:58
i play a ppu on uranus 3 levels from cap i also play combat chars.

PPUs as they are are fine if u play the game kk wants u to ie in a team an apu with anti buff do that and the ppus fuked happened to me in pp was stnding there sexing my opponents then suddenly my s/d has gone and im losing a shite load of health thank fuk for cath sanct and holy heal thats all i can say

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 21:12
FFS

21 you're always under the nerf-cannon by selfish morons that beleive their class is the only one that should be allowed in the game.....

I swear the next "nerf the PPU" thread I see I'm going to post a "boost the PPU" thread. :mad:

Arcadius
22-08-03, 21:13
Don't nerf us again, just completly remove us from the game.

I agree, the pure ppu role should have never been.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 21:15
Originally posted by Arcadius
I agree, the pure ppu role should have never been.

I guess what I was saying is that yet another nerf will render us useless.....would be a better fix to just remove us.

ncadict
22-08-03, 21:15
I tell u one thing for sure as a high level PPU if i get any kind of nerf then its simple i lom to apu if u want to nerf the ppu then nerf the APU they do to much damage i dont complain because with an PPU its equal without its a joke ubtw KK make me lom again u lost a customer

Sleawer
22-08-03, 21:16
haha ghandis, I think you posted a nerf the ppu thread not many time ago :p

Anyhow this is not a nerf thread, or didnt start like that. Some people asked for a nerf yes, but as you can read in my posts, I started stating some various aspects of the game regarding ppu's vs the community, and lately I am totally stating my opinions or going far beyong any nerf, but a total rework of the monk class.

Arcadius
22-08-03, 21:20
Originally posted by Carinth

15) AntiBuff is totaly cruel, while trying to help our team suddenly shelter and deflector vanish. Looking around the apu could be up to 200m away! While a way to kill ppu's should exist, this is just mean. With no warning our defenses vanish and we're immediatly taking mega damage.

Sorry no tears for you. I thought holy para could have 180m? You don't like holy antibuff because it makes you feel helpless do you? Just like I don't like being holy paralyzed from a long range because I have a sign on my head that says "i'm apu, so i'm one of your main targets, please kill me asap" and then dying before my drugs take effect.

Sure the apu CAN be 200m away, but that's extremely rare especially if you are INSIDE the op.

lmao, yes they do.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 21:30
haha ghandis, I think you posted a nerf the ppu thread not many time ago :p

It was not a nerf the PPU thread....it was a "get rid of parashock thread, and give us something in return"....unfortunately many PPUs saw this as an attack. I stll hold fast to getting rid of the parashock spells, but at the same time, I think that something aggresive (not overpowered) should be given in return.

EDIT passive aggresive to stop random people from attacking us.;)

Eledhbrant
22-08-03, 21:30
I carry 20+ spells at all times (shields single AND group versions, aswell as most other spells posted above, multiple rares etc.)

Don't nerf the PPU for the love of god, if you're pissed off we can kill, remove the killing ability, I dont bother often to try to kill anyone solo (I used a nade launcher once to make people laugh, it didnt hurt much anyway). Remove the DAMAGE done by parashock - it isnt doing anything besides killing slowly anyway, leave the damage present for that purple low level one so we can kill for epics at least, or put a different epic method for ppu's.

If you want PPU's to stop using guns, then remove ability to selfcast rifleboost 3 etc. or just have it not give us the RC but give us the other boosts it normally gives.

Leave the shields alone! We are not supposed to be killable by one person. Period. It'd be like when a copbot attacks you and you cant even draw a weapon to fight back.

Defensive soulcluster or parashock shield are nice ideas though.

Summary: Remove damage dealing capabilities, we arent really meant to have any anyway, leave the defenses alone.

Sleawer
23-08-03, 00:09
I remember that post ghandis, the ideas were cool, but as always it turned into flame-fest.

You know I agree with you in that matter.

Carinth
23-08-03, 00:58
Indeed there is usualy a good reason why ppu's hafta suffer, thats why I usualy don't complain that much. I was just listing the negatives associated with being a ppu monk, since the people seem to have a false impression of ppu monks. It's easy to see a ppu doing crazy feats and then say omg ppu monks are overpowered! It's a lot harder to understand all the work that person is doing to appear uber.

It's true I've been getting more and more disilusioned being a ppu monk. It really hit me when I took a trip down memory lane and read the patch 160 discussion and some other contemporary posts about monks. For those that don't know/remember Retail Patch 160 created the ppu monk. I was one of the first group of players to make a pure ppu monk. I was concerned about possible problems in making ppu/apu viable and to my dismay the issues are still with us. Ppu's have been improved a lot since then, but there are still basic problems that reveal our true nature (quick fix). As long as changes are simply simple modifcations here and there, Monks will never be balanced. They need to start from scratch with hybrids and then work pure monks around that.

Anyway, I did enjoy being the center of attention so to speak, but it's worn my down, especialy seeing how it effects my friends. At first I was excited when everyone wanted my help, I felt useful and proud to be a ppu monk. That began to change when I realized it was soon not so much that they wanted my help, but needed my help. When my clanmates start being depressed at how ineffective they feel in a fight. It's all the Monks vs Monks. Then there's how important the ppu is himself. How his abilities will win or lose a war. If he can stay ontop of the fight and patch his team up at the critical moment, rez them aprorpiatly, do his job right, then his team wins. If the ppu is having a bad day, lags, does something stupid, his team loses. That's hugely unfair to both the team and the ppu. Nomatter how good you are, it's all up to the ppu. For the ppu the pressure it puts on you is terrible, if you screw up its not just you that dies, its your whole team.

I don't want this job anymore. I don't want to be the deciding factor. I want to be A factor in battle. I want to help my team fight, not decide the fight for them. All in all I'm getting tired of being a ppu, it's not rewarding enough for all the sacrifices I hafta make. I don't know what to do now really. I can't just quit being a ppu monk because I'm the most active and strongest ppu monk we've got. If I rerolled it would definitly send them down a notch. Our other ppus are also disalusioned with being ppu and a couple want to lom over to apu. If we did what we wanted to do Pimp would rarely win a fight again. Additionaly I can't think of any other class I would want to play. Having only played a Hybrid or PPU so far I can't said I'm interested in any of the other classes. Guns in general are to akward with the aiming system and carrying ammo around. Drones are way to difficult to control and can not be buffed. I've been a tradeskiller before and thats no fun at all. That only leaves the APU Monk. I'm so used to being like a Tank, it would be difficult to switch to dying when someone sneezes on you... but maybe it would be a refreshing enough change. Yet if we all go apu.. who will ppu us? No point in thinkin about it, I'm stuck as a ppu monk.

Arcadius
23-08-03, 01:04
Car you're not stuck being a PPU. It's not your fault ppus are overimportant and there's a shortage of them in clan. Remember the primary purpose of a game is to have fun, if yuo're not doign that, then you're already losing.

Lord Mansion
23-08-03, 03:11
Originally posted by Arcadius
Car you're not stuck being a PPU. It's not your fault ppus are overimportant and there's a shortage of them in clan. Remember the primary purpose of a game is to have fun, if yuo're not doign that, then you're already losing.

I agree 100% with Arcadius.

The only problem I see is that there is no way to make the PPU less important other than completely removing it from the game.

hnlecter
23-08-03, 14:57
PPU's seem fine just they need to reapply buffs more and you have a small chance of dieing.

(This is taking spys and standing infront of DOY bots, warbots, and caving)

JustIn_Case
23-08-03, 17:44
The only problem I see is that there is no way to make the PPU less important other than completely removing it from the game.

Spies are underpowered....i see no way to make them stronger so just remove them from the game...Makes sence???? NOT

This PPU nerf shit is going really out of hand, and the worst thing about it is that most of these arguments comes from players that never have played an pure PPU.

I say it is fair to remove or gimp the parashocks since the ruin the fun in PvP, but some of the other ideas just make me scared to see how stupid some people are...

Cyphor
23-08-03, 17:48
Originally posted by hnlecter
PPU's seem fine just they need to reapply buffs more and you have a small chance of dieing.

:eek: at 120s i reapply them enough hell by the time your team gets into battle they 're almost gone most of the time (always has to be someone needing a reason to pause after buffs 8| )

Lord Mansion
23-08-03, 18:49
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Spies are underpowered....i see no way to make them stronger so just remove them from the game...Makes sence???? NOT

Bad analogy.

No one relies on spies like they do on PPU monks, so changes to them are less important for the game and could be processed with little to no problems.

Cyphor
23-08-03, 18:53
No one relies on spies like they do on PPU monks,

:eek: Mabey not in comabt, but tradeskillers. Also although mabey not as usefull in op wars, but stealth snipers are quite good chars atm. Needless to say no classes should be nerfed. And if u try and nerf any char there will be a outcry. Just cause they aint relied on doesnt mean noone plays them :)

Lanigav
24-08-03, 09:21
PPUs are NOT overpowered. Considering the insane amount of effort required just to get them high level, that in and of itself justifies them being as good as they are. And since they have the offense of a parrot missing half its beak, they need that uber defense.

I understand how frustrating parashocks can be though, but for certain people who move so fast that its virtually impossible to get any lock on them whatsoever, I feel its necessary to have them.

Arcadius
24-08-03, 09:28
Originally posted by Lanigav

I understand how frustrating parashocks can be though, but for certain people who move so fast that its virtually impossible to get any lock on them whatsoever, I feel its necessary to have them.

My apu has defeated lib pes in battle who move like lightning.

Why does fast speed justify the use of such a skillless spell?

Lanigav
24-08-03, 09:50
Well, from my observation, it slows those super fast people just enough so that they can be targetable every once in a while, but are still fast enough to keep the lock on difficult.

In the hands of an APU/PPU team its overpowered since you don't have to aim, but when teamed with others that have to aim, its definetely helpful and not horribly imbalancing. I've been holy parashocked quite a few times yet I still manage to avoid enemy fire decently enough to survive (most of the time anyways).

zanzan
24-08-03, 09:54
ffs parashock isnt about skills, its a defence spell, yes u parashock someone and run, unless its a pistol spy

Lord Mansion
24-08-03, 12:23
Originally posted by Cyphor
:eek: Mabey not in comabt, but tradeskillers.

Overpowered tradeskillers? O_o

Scikar
24-08-03, 12:31
PPUs are NOT overpowered. Considering the insane amount of effort required just to get them high level, that in and of itself justifies them being as good as they are. And since they have the offense of a parrot missing half its beak, they need that uber defense.

That's exactly what all the hybrids said. Did you think it was fair for hybrids to also be overpowered simply because they took too long to level?

If you can't hit a moving target it's because you are not skilled enough, not because they are too fast. Parashock is for unskilled players who can't hit a moving target but can copy someone else's resist setup.

Originally posted by zanzan
ffs parashock isnt about skills, its a defence spell, yes u parashock someone and run, unless its a pistol spy

That's complete and utter bullshit, and you know it. For every time parashock is used defensively, it's used 500 times aggressively, and most of that is at an OP war.

Sleawer
24-08-03, 15:28
Lanigav, parashock beam, holy parashock barrel and holy paralysis, are spells that virtually glue me to the floor, and I move fast as hell in my normal status.

In fact any freezer or parashock can ruin my day, since it is nerfing my spent points into atl/agl. But those three are specially bad.

PPU's are not overpowered, are unbalanced.

Kazper
24-08-03, 15:37
Originally posted by zanzan

not once have i seen a ppu parashock someone and run

/set_balance_neocron_1
remove parashock
make heals a heal not a 15 second hot

JustIn_Case
24-08-03, 16:39
Bad analogy.

No one relies on spies like they do on PPU monks, so changes to them are less important for the game and could be processed with little to no problems.

It is not a bad analogy, im just trying to point out how some peps are reasoning. I have seen at least 3 suggestions that PPUs should be removed this last week. I think it is just as stupid as suggesting that Spies should be removed.

And PPUs are less important. The shields/deflectors casted on you by a PPU has been lowered by 50%, remeber?

And people whine about that you cant kill an PPU, well, we where 10 people trying to kill a Stealther yesterday.....shall we remove stealth to? (i can there is "tools" to be used to kill a stealther, but so is there for killing an PPU)

Well, i can live with fact that parashocks get a nerf or gets removed even, but dont nerf PPUs more then that.

If a PPU is the sole surviver (on one of the sides) in an OP fight , all he can do is to be anoying like an stealther (hard to kill), and if he manages to ress somebody, then you have no skills at all (ffs just blast the person he is trying to ress).

Arcadius
24-08-03, 19:30
but are still fast enough to keep the lock on difficult.

Then i don't think you have been holy paralyzed, lol. When someone is holy paralyze, unless you're blind, it's impossible not to hit them.

And yea apu monks have to aim, we just don't have recticle. It's not like our targetting cursor magically moves over our enemy without us doing anything. :p

Lanigav
25-08-03, 08:03
Yeah, my HC tank has been holy para'd a decent amount of times, and somehow still manages to dogde fire decently (not as much as I like, but I'm not a sitting duck).

APU's don't need to aim like the others do. You just click once you have the target over your cursor, whereas weapon users have to keep the recticle over the target long enough in order to get decent enough accuracy.

Now, just to keep things in perspective, I'm not going to whine or cry if KK eventually decides to nerf or do away them altogether, especially since I get it cast more on me than I cast it on others. I just think its effect is being overblown a bit much.

Arcadius
25-08-03, 08:09

APU's don't need to aim like the others do. You just click once you have the target over your cursor, whereas weapon users have to keep the recticle over the target long enough in order to get decent enough accuracy.

What's your point? we die a hell of alot faster than others. Each class has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Also I never said they aim like other classes, I was just pointing out your flawed statement, that we don't aim at all.

Sleawer
25-08-03, 14:37
I have 110 agility and 80 athletics in my apu monk, I move like a fucking lighting with a weapon drawn, and when I am paralyzed I am "literally" glued to the floor. So if your tank with a CS out can dodge well once paralyzed, you are exploiting. Period.