PDA

View Full Version : GCSE / A Level results

Stigmata
22-08-03, 11:38
So the time came yesterday when people got their GCSE results and a week or so ago people got their A-Level results.

So a big congratulations to those who got what they wanted, and comiserations to those who didn't (cya in McDonalds soon)

I am long past school/college and have a vague memory of how shit it was.

Post your results if you like or don't, doesn't really matter just wondering how intelligent the geeks that play NC are.

Andy

edit\ dont forget in a years time the results mean FUCK ALL.

Ren
22-08-03, 11:55
(cya in McDonalds soon)

hahah BUSTED!

(i did alright on my a lvl's, enough to get to uni, but aint going! :P... other plans... like world domination)

Stigmata
22-08-03, 11:59
I take it most people did too bad to post their results out of emabarrasment.

Andy

Dardalion
22-08-03, 12:02
Mmmmm school.......nope sorry its lost in my looooong term memory banks :p

jernau
22-08-03, 12:04
Originally posted by stigmata
I take it most people did too bad to post their results out of emabarrasment.

Andy

Maybe they're all too hung-over from celebrating to post. I know I was, it took me a couple of hours just to work out what town I had woken up in :).

Arcadius
22-08-03, 12:08
I don't even know what you're talkng about stig. :p

MajorMayhem
22-08-03, 12:10
did shit (3 e's actually at a lvl) and still got into uni muahahahaha

Dissenter
22-08-03, 12:17
I got a D in psychology, D in computing and an E in Media.
not bad considering i did fuck all most of the time.

Mayhem what you doin at Uni?

Scikar
22-08-03, 12:18
Well I got my ASs and I'm quite happy with them but dunno if I should post them.

Dissenter
22-08-03, 12:19
yeah mine are A/S's

Scikar
22-08-03, 12:23
Bleh here goes:

Chemistry B (just :p)
Maths B
German B
Physics A. Quite a nice A too, I'm proud of that. :)

MajorMayhem
22-08-03, 13:26
diss im doing internet computing so i can learn how to hax games like neocron :P

csh1
22-08-03, 13:31
u have to wait till next year for my GCSE's :p

Promethius
Ya i got all A's too. Study nice and hard.

Stigmata
not bad but aren't A/S levels still seen as a cop out for prospective employers ?

The firm i am with would not employ someone if they had 4 good A/S levels compared to someone who had 2 avergae A level results.

Just a thought.

The point jernau raised about being too hung over is a huge possiblilty, i know alot of my mates (age about 20-24) went out last night to try to take advantage of the teh drunken 16 year old sexy lasses.

Haven't had a success report from any of them yet, maybe they are still in bed too.

@Arc you are not in the UK take it, GCSE/A levels are high school and college exams done in the UK.

Andy

Promethius
22-08-03, 13:34
Originally posted by stigmata
not bad but aren't A/S levels still seen as a cop out for prospective employers ?

The firm i am with would not employ someone if they had 4 good A/S levels compared to someone who had 2 avergae A level results.

Just a thought.

The point jernau raised about being too hung over is a huge possiblilty, i know alot of my mates (age about 20-24) went out last night to try to take advantage of the teh drunken 16 year old sexy lasses.

Haven't had a success report from any of them yet, maybe they are still in bed too.

@Arc you are not in the UK take it, GCSE/A levels are high school and college exams done in the UK.

Andy

I don't live in teh UK so i basicaly i have no idea wtf ur talkina bout....except u guys take a test and it means ur life =P.

Ka0s^
22-08-03, 13:36
just remember guys, GCSEs arnet everything they make em out to be, i left with like Ds an Es but im 24 now working in a job that pays 24k a year, in charge of 4 ppl with my own van :) ( i install signalling on the railway) so if u did shit dont get disheartened, go college or somethin and learn how to do well in interviews ;)

COngrats to all on finishing anyway, no matter ur results :)

Babes
22-08-03, 13:50
Originally posted by Ka0s^
i left with like Ds an Es but im 24 now working in a job that pays 24k a year, in charge of 4 ppl with my own van :)

When i was at school we did 'O' levels and 'A'levels none of this new age GCSE stuff...we even had Corpral punishent lol

Left with A's and B's in Maths/English/Chemistry/Physics/Computing/engineering drawing.

Now IT (UK) manager for int. Chemical company...(Gets payed more than Koas for sitting on my ass) :P

MajorMayhem
22-08-03, 13:52
kaos ure a white van man huh?

Rieper
22-08-03, 14:12
Politics A
Economics A
Theatre Studies C (resitting 2 modules)
History E (i thought i did worse!, im dropping it anyhow)

Xian
22-08-03, 14:13
5 C's one D for my GCSEs.

Go me. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, I know I did crap and am going to get 4 A's at a-level, because I just have to. :p I got drunk enough last night to forget my troubles for all of, ooo, five hours.

Nexxy
22-08-03, 14:19
You only need 5 high passes (a-c) to get onto a full time college course anyway, atleast where i am. So 5 c's is good.

SynC_187
22-08-03, 14:25
Congrats to everyone, good or bad they're done now :)

I did well on GCSE's, no work on A-Levels, and ok on my degree.

Now I'm bringing in £LOTS. I have 2 jobs. IT during the week and I'm a club DJ at the weekend, with my own private internet radio show.

Life is good (except my IT job where all our systems are going up shit creek.....).

Edit: Sucky spelling. (I did OK at English :eek: )

@Xian: Passrates are down this year, 5 A-C puts you above average, so you did fine m8 :)

Rizzy
22-08-03, 14:47
Got my gcse results yesterday and did OK but not what I was predicted :(

A*A* AAA BBB CC and a merit in gnvq science.

A*s were in maths and english lanuage.

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:23
Yeah I've dropped German and I'm taking Physics Chemistry and Maths to A2 level. Trouble is I have to decide what course I wanna do and what University I wanna go to, and I haven't got the faintest idea.

Mingerroo
22-08-03, 16:49
Hehe, I did OK, I got a psych A, a C in both general studies (nobody cares about general studies) and religious studies (coursework and ethics paper excellent, religion paper POOP). And a D in physics cos I suck at learning physics.

:) That was A/S so hopefully A lvls will make it aaall better.

Rizzy
22-08-03, 16:53
Scikar what are you thinking of studying in uni?

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:56
I really don't know, but probably I'll just do a degree in physics or something and then see what my options are when I come out. I know my career doesn't have to lead directly on from the degree, I could do something completely unrelated to physics as a job.

Rizzy
22-08-03, 17:00
My sister has recently been looking for unis as she has just done the I.B. Shes going to Cardiff afaik to study biology.

hivemind
22-08-03, 17:45
You guys could always just get a student visa and come to school here in the US where your grades don't matter. ;)

SynC_187
22-08-03, 17:51
Originally posted by hivemind
You guys could always just get a student visa and come to school here in the US where your grades don't matter. ;)

Yeah but the qualifications aren't worth as much here ;)

Judge
22-08-03, 18:18
You guys are just gonna have to wait till next year to get my GCSE results :p

Ka0s^
22-08-03, 18:37
Originally posted by MajorMayhem
kaos ure a white van man huh?

Lol kinda mayhem, we live in our van mosta the time, its got everything in it, microwave kettle etc (tea is important when ur sat on top of a 30foot high post trying to terminate wires in -15 degree cold).

My official job title is Signalling and telecomunications technician Grade 3 Team leader :)

Ka0s^
22-08-03, 18:42
Originally posted by Rizzy
Got my gcse results yesterday and did OK but not what I was predicted :(

A*A* AAA BBB CC and a merit in gnvq science.

A*s were in maths and english lanuage.

Congrats Rizzy they are good grades, no white van for u tho :p

Do these get u on the college course u wanted?

Dribble Joy
22-08-03, 18:47
I did my A levels the year before they brought out that god-awefull AS/A2 shit. AND they were linear, none of that modular bollocks for me.
Did no revision at all, Physics C, Chemistry D, Maths E. Some how I'm doing an engineering degree now.

9 GCSE's but they mean jack (well 10 if you count the D in History)

Shakari
22-08-03, 18:47
Originally posted by Ka0s^
just remember guys, GCSEs arnet everything they make em out to be, i left with like Ds an Es but im 24 now working in a job that pays 24k a year, in charge of 4 ppl with my own van :) ( i install signalling on the railway) so if u did shit dont get disheartened, go college or somethin and learn how to do well in interviews ;)

COngrats to all on finishing anyway, no matter ur results :)

hehe yea so true I got 4 C's and a D GCSE wise but hey now i have a masters degree and was offered a PHD (doctorate) but turned in down cos i didn't want to do another 4 yrs at uni and wanted some exp in industry :) hehe

so if u didn't get what u wanted don't let t stop you :)

Ren
22-08-03, 19:21
theres no stopping teh ren....

Cryotchekk
22-08-03, 19:31
rawr when i done mine i got all A*/A's and a B (really) but i kinda ch34t3d in some subjects (ie my friends basically done my coursework for me so got like A*'s and every peice :))

plus if u done bad at gcse's dont worry about it, the school system sucks, plus i know sum1 who got into college (a good one) with nothing higher than a C, also she also got 2 F's and a U.

FuzzyDuck
22-08-03, 20:06
My school is insane - they pride themselves on offering as many subjects as possible, the result: a huge set of average grades since there's a lot of fucking work involved becase of it :rolleyes:. Anyway I got 12 As (English Language/Speaking/Lit, Chemistry, Biology, Physiscs, Maths, Geography, History, Humanities, RE, French) 3 Bs (PE, Drama, Music) and 1 A* (ICT).

Pffffffffffffffffffffffft.

JediMasta
22-08-03, 20:09
Well im in my first year of uni now, but last year my A lvl results were:

Maths: A
Physics: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A

Pwnage !!

Rizzy
22-08-03, 21:12
Yeh kaos I got what I wanted in college. My place there was unconditional because my predicted grades were so good and my references.

Im doing advanced or normal maths, modern history, business studies and computing.

Benjie
22-08-03, 21:49
If you got less than 5 C's it's not like it matters! Some collages take you with only 3 C's anyway, and all it means is that you spend an extra year doing the foundation course.

I find that collage is much much better than 6th form. More facilities and like mined people.

I have got into 2 full time courses in Art, and then Graphic Design and left both times. Now I am back doing a course in performing arts. Lets hope I do ok. Wish me luck!

20 years old and still in collage. damn I should be in burger king by now!

JediMasta
22-08-03, 23:09
I found 6th form to be pretty cool. Knew all the teachers, and most of my friends stayed on to 6th form also.

(Plus almost as much female action as im getting here in uni) :D

zii
23-08-03, 22:17
I took O'levels (GCE). Nuff said ;-P

Possessed
23-08-03, 22:33
Originally posted by JediMasta
(Plus almost as much female action as im getting here in uni) :D

I.E. None?:p

Ren
23-08-03, 23:19
pwned